The End Has Arrived (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

"Kohaku means well, but... He can get really protective, he's all I got, and he has to look after me." She said.

"Kinda..." Kairi rubbed her arms, wishing it would stop snowing. The cold made her feel like her joints were freezing over and she had to constantly keep brushing the snow off of her legs and shoulders.

"Tesla." Kairi looked at him with sad violet eyes. "You need the jacket, I promise I'm fine." She said.

Kairi watched the horse shake snow off of it's head and mane, wishing that they could make it back to safety, but it was to dangerous to travel in the snow and Tesla was in no condition to be moved. Her eyes were starting to feel heavy and she had to constantly rub them to keep them open.

Kairi's shivering only got worse as the temperature kept dropping, falling well below freezing, and the horse started to try and lay down, the snow falling even heavier now.

Tesla frowned and pushed himself up, wincing slightly. But he didn't care. He was going to start a fire and keep them from catching their death

"N-No..." Tesla moved as much snow as he could and made a small area, taking a few dead pieces of wood and some cloth from his torn coat as a starter for the fire, using a small Cero to start the fire

Kairi frowned and moved over to Tesla, who was trembling. "Tesla, you're in no condition to be moving around, please, I'm begging you, sit down."

"Kairi, be quiet...!" Tesla nearly snapped. He was in immense pain but he wanted to make sure Kairi would at least be ok. He held her hand, "Please, Kairi...let me protect you."

Kairi flinched when he yelled at her, but she nodded. "I know.. But that doesn't mean you have to kill yourself trying."

Kairi kept close to Tesla, wincing when the wind picked up even faster and colder than before.

Kairi dozed off a few times, but more or less stayed awake. After a few hours, the snow started to lighten up, but it had made as far as the eye could see a frozen wasteland.

Kairi slowly slipped into sleep, breathing deeply as she laid with her head in Tesla's lap.

Back
Top Bottom