Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fellowship Of Forodwaith - LotR Group RP OOC

I think the idea of the characters starting off in separate groups at first then coming together is a good idea. Sorry I haven't been really active in the OOC guys :(

darkangel76 said:
One thing I wanted to mention, so as to make it clear to everyone--since I want to make sure it is 100% clear to all involved--is that the Lossoth are natives to the area, just that they have to deal with the curse of the long winter that has befallen the area. So, they aren't under anyone's power per se, but they are fearful of perhaps what might be behind the curse of the seemingly endless winter and thus are leery about leaving the area of Forodwaith for fear that it might cause something worse to happen other than the winter they endure. They are a superstitious people, but have adapted to and more or less accepted the fact that Forodwaith has become the northern wasteland that is. As I see it, this is what the Witch-King wants (especially now that he no longer is in Angmar to keep tabs) because it means that they (he and Sauron) won't have to worry about them (the Lossoth and their allies) aiding the other nations. However, there is a history in which they've tried to persuade the people to aid Mordor and they refused. So, there could be some residual fear lingering especially if there are evil beings still skulking about the abandoned Angmar. But, whatever is left behind wouldn't necessarily be anything of any overt power. At least, not in my mind it wouldn't. Anyway, it's possible that whatever got left behind tries to keep that superstition alive to a degree and thus keep the people from meandering too far into regions of Eriador, etc. But, that's about it and as extensive as I can really see it getting as far as that is concerned. So, that's not really the Lossoth being ruled by anything, rather it's more of a fear tactic that works to the benefit of the Witch-King and Sauron. Also, another thing to think about is that the Lossoth aren't a pure single tribe. There are factions. Most are friendly with each other, however, there is one known hostile faction known as the Suri-Maja. They have remained in Forodwaith and do not have any ties to either Angmar or Mordor. But this is something that is open for discussion because it could be something that causes a bit of unrest within the Lossoth tribes and possibly lead to bigger troubles down the line as far as local trouble is concerned.

Because I want to make sure people see this... >.<

darkangel76 said:
darkangel76 said:
One thing I wanted to mention, so as to make it clear to everyone--since I want to make sure it is 100% clear to all involved--is that the Lossoth are natives to the area, just that they have to deal with the curse of the long winter that has befallen the area. So, they aren't under anyone's power per se, but they are fearful of perhaps what might be behind the curse of the seemingly endless winter and thus are leery about leaving the area of Forodwaith for fear that it might cause something worse to happen other than the winter they endure. They are a superstitious people, but have adapted to and more or less accepted the fact that Forodwaith has become the northern wasteland that is. As I see it, this is what the Witch-King wants (especially now that he no longer is in Angmar to keep tabs) because it means that they (he and Sauron) won't have to worry about them (the Lossoth and their allies) aiding the other nations. However, there is a history in which they've tried to persuade the people to aid Mordor and they refused. So, there could be some residual fear lingering especially if there are evil beings still skulking about the abandoned Angmar. But, whatever is left behind wouldn't necessarily be anything of any overt power. At least, not in my mind it wouldn't. Anyway, it's possible that whatever got left behind tries to keep that superstition alive to a degree and thus keep the people from meandering too far into regions of Eriador, etc. But, that's about it and as extensive as I can really see it getting as far as that is concerned. So, that's not really the Lossoth being ruled by anything, rather it's more of a fear tactic that works to the benefit of the Witch-King and Sauron. Also, another thing to think about is that the Lossoth aren't a pure single tribe. There are factions. Most are friendly with each other, however, there is one known hostile faction known as the Suri-Maja. They have remained in Forodwaith and do not have any ties to either Angmar or Mordor. But this is something that is open for discussion because it could be something that causes a bit of unrest within the Lossoth tribes and possibly lead to bigger troubles down the line as far as local trouble is concerned.

Because I want to make sure people see this... >.<

Read and noted, now to think of ideas for discussion ;)

Ooooooo! Snake is coming up with ideas! *sits on edge of seat, looking like an excited kid* :)

Well I'm thinking first off I think that people would definitely have to prove to the Lossoth that they can be trusted. If they are fearful and superstitious it could take a lot to gain their trust that could be a good thing to add into the story, Thoughts?

I think that that is a very good point. For those that are newcomers to the area that would be something to include I think :)

Yeah and as for the Suri-Maja, perhaps they can be angry with the other factions beginning to trust outsiders which could cause some problems.

hehe DA you posted that the same time I was writing my thoughts about them :D

It could cause a civil war for power of sorts, possibly?

Well they could still have snagae, hill men, goblins and snow trolls easily enough. Perhaps there is a cold drake that is serving Sauron who had convinced the Suri-Maja that he is a god or some such?

Or.... how about a cold-drake serves Sauron and was ordered by the Witch-King to seize control back over Angmar. So, he goes back to reclaim it and any hoards of treasure that might be there for the taking. Perhaps he was also promised the wealth of Forochel for his services if all is successful. Anyway, perhaps he goes there and then notices the unrest between the Suri-Maja and the other Lossoth tribes. He convinces the Suri-Maja to join forces with him and ally themselves accordingly. They round up any being still skulking about Angmar along with other beings that the Suri-Maja might feel be willing to stomp out the other Lossoth tribes. This could be, as mentioned, the Hill Men, goblins, etc. Thus civil war brews keeping them occupied and away from Gondor. Plus, if the 'right' people win, Sauron will have gained a new alliance for his cause.

Thoughts on that idea? Or something like it?

Also, if we did this, we could end up having branches. You have some who might want to fight in the civil war while others might want to find the root cause of the winter plaguing the north. Because the cause of the curse is another thing to consider as well.

The tribes reacting to things differently does make sense. Would also force the Fellowship to chose; do they help only one group? Both? :D

Just waiting to hear back from Kara about a thing or two and then people can expect a couple more 'stickied' threads to appear. Once those are up, we can begin our posting. WOOT! Be on the lookout for the header format, which will be coming. :)

Hehe! I know, more or less, how I'm going to start off my characters. XD

Just letting people know that a few more 'sticky' threads have popped up. They should be the last of them before the IC threads show up! Those will be up by tomorrow evening at the latest!!! WOOT!!!

Anyway, the newest threads up in the 'sticky' area are: a Legendarium, which has our basic 'intro' to our RP and will also host the time line events of our RP as we write it in correlation to some of the stuff that goes on in the LotR universe; an absence/delay thread so we can communicate such things to each other and so it won't get buried in here; and a set of posting rules, which also includes a header template we will be using for all our posts when we make them. :)

Oooh very nice Legendarium. In fact, now that the year has been officially declared .... I need to edit my age/year of birth right fast.

Scurries off to do just that

*waves to everyone*

Alright, so I thought that in order to make the Timeline a little bit more personalized for the group, I would offer to put up several events from each character's life on the timeline. So, here is what you need to do if you want anything about your character on the timeline:
  • Send me a list, via PM, of up to five events that took place in your character's history.
  • Provide the year that the event took place, you can even say what month if you would like.
  • Try and keep the description of the event brief, no more then three sentences.

There are also a few rules about this.
  • Do not dictate the events of someone else's character.
  • Avoid changing canon events directly. You can take part in a canon event, but it will still happen the way it did in the movies/books. E.G. Do not have your character killing Smaug and also finding the One Ring.
  • Have your events take place before the current year. Nothing dated for after the RP or during.

Back
Top Bottom