Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Male Privilege and Female Stigma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your statement, in fact some whack job on Twitter suggested that instead of killing off the current male population, to instead kill 3/4 male fetus' before birth, so in other words, creating the Book of Moses from the Bible and executing male babies in order to please the hierarchy. I call India a third world country because it is not yet 100% modernized, much like a lot of the Middle East, which is also refered to as third world, I am not meaning any offense, I am just referring to those nations as a whole when I say more focus should be put on solving their problems instead of bitching about our own problems.

Rudolph Quin said:
Nihilistic_Impact said:
Calling India 3rd World feels a bit dis-ingenious considering how it's going to rise in economic power within the next century, it really only falls within 3rd World if we keep up the old Cold War distinctions.

Another interesting thing is that all those things that men suffer of more is not a result of feminism, but of the established culture that feminism would seek to alter. The saner of them look for equality of the sexes, not to swing the pendulum entirely the other way.

What have feminists done to help these issues? Any sources? Because I have several to point out that feminists in power(you know, the non sane ones) and the policies they put forth actually have caused a lot of these issues.

I've got some data to help this, here is what feminists have done to solve issues in India:

Absolutely nothing.

Here's what they've done to solve problems within the States:

Funded multi million dollar campaigns on banning the word 'bossy'.

Starting a campaign to kill all men, or 3/4 fetus' that are male.

Starting a campaign to stop males from spreading their legs in public.

However, there is a woman who is sixteen years old, and has made more progress within the Middle East than any feminist in the United States combined. Her name is Malala, and she spoke in front of the UN about the fact that women in the Middle East cannot get an education, because of Ramoosh's Law. She talked about how the Taliban were known to make examples of women who disobeyed this law, she was actually one of them.

On her way to school, in a bus, a reporter stepped on and asked if Malala was there before firing six shots from a 9mm, mortally wounding Malala and wounding her friend, who tried to protect her. Malala was flown to Germany for treatment of a bullet wound to the head, two weeks later she made a full recovery and spoke in front of the UN, despite what she had gone through. She showed more strength, courage, and integrity than any third wave feminist in the US combined.

I know about Malala Yusafzai.I know the amazing tasks she has done.

Again, I'm not trying to disapprove or try to say anything against your point about your country, I'm just voicing my views on the general topic.

Yup, I'm not attempting to be toxic or anything, I'm agreeing with you.

I also found some videos that pretty much explain everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54-Y7S2bdhs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmzH9MHKC7s

These videos explain a lot about male privileges from both a woman and a man's standpoint, which makes both points unbiased.

Thanks for the videos. :)

Really, I agree some women take out the wrong meaning of being a feminist. It is not about prooving that the female gender is better than the male one cause both have their own pro's and cons.It is about demanding respect and equality while providing the same.

I'd say there's gender privelige, period. Both genders get treated differently most of the time, for both, better or worse.

Alright, fair warning as I'm currently a touched buzzed; but lets see if I can string along a set of coherent counter points.

Rudolph Quin said:
I would like to amend my earlier stance on this topic by bringing to light this fun little segment called "Some perks of being male in our culture":

-94% of suicides on the job (Source)

This is not a result of feminism, I would go so far as to lay a chunk of blame of this on the traditional male identity that discourages an openness about ones emotional state. Though it may just have to do with the appalling standards of mental health care within the first world, regardless of gender.

Your information is slightly out of date, as well and seems heavily depended upon the global financial crisis. This does not dispute the fact that men seem to off themselves off due to work stress more then women, though I have seen stats that men are more efficient at killing themselves due to using firearms more often then women.

Method of suicide could also be playing a role in this.

-93% of work fatalities (Source)

Going off the article you reference it seems that male dominated industries, which are of higher risk ie lumberjack, construction worker, farmer and fishermen, leads to more deaths. If we were to see more of a parity between the gender in these fields you'd probably see a leveling off of deaths between the two.

I would contest that this is supported by the fact that highway fatalities are the leading cause of death between both men and women.

-10x greater risk of homelessness (Source)

This is an important issue, and the solution put forth in your link is one I support. Though it doesn't support your contention. Perhaps you linked the wrong article?

Regardless this falls into the idea of being tough on crime, poor regard for mental health and a lack of social services for our less well off.

-165% more likely to be convicted of a violent crime than women (Source) (Source)

This falls into my point about being a result of male dominated society trying to enforce certain ideas. Like the idea that men are inherently more violent then woman or that woman are more deserving of mercy and need to be protected.

Not a result of feminism. Probably has more to do with racism then anything considering the huge disparity between sentencing of white and black offenders.

-they get 63% longer sentences than women for the same crime (Source)

This falls within my last point. Women must be protected.

-3x greater risk of being a victim of violent crime (Source) (Source)

I have no real point with this, I can't say why men are more likely to be a victim of violent crime. Though it is nice that violent crimes for both sexes has been on the decline.

-Equal risk of being a victim of domestic violence (but without the burden of having resources and shelter that female victims have to deal with.) (Source) (Source)

This is an issue still in its infancy, one that is brought to bare by those afore mention sane feminist and by MRA's to distract issues. The ones that ignore this are conservative traditionalist that see it as impossible for men to be raped and abused.

It is the idea that women are inherently the victim and impossible of being the abuser that leads to issues like this. Not the idea of equality between the sexes.

-in most cases they are discriminated against in domestic violence cases (Source)

This is once more the same as a previous point. The law is a slow to change with the times. It was only recently that the FBI expanded it's definition of rape for men.

-Higher death rate in 14 of the 15 leading causes of death leading to a 5 year gap

I can only postulate on this one that it perhaps has a connection to the obsession that woman's beauty has with certain ideas. This would be a weak contention and not something I seriously consider and might be as absurd as genetics favouring women over men to live longer.

-women's cancer receives 15% more funding than mens' (Source)

An issue to be sure, but not something to blame feminism for. Perhaps if men's groups were to wage an effective media campaign to raise awareness.

-Having literally no reproductive rights/ 10% of fathers are victims of paternity fraud (Source)

This is an issue that feminist will fight in favour of men for. This is a hold over of the idea that women are home makers first and foremost.

For the second point, if men could be pregnant you would probably see a percentage of women being victims of maternity fraud.

-Standardized genital mutilation at birth

As a victim of this I agree that it's a horrible practice; but it's been around a lot longer then feminism. Not a result of it, this is just another example of male society being horrible to men.

-all men of voting age have to sign up for Selective Service(the draft)

A hold over of that idea that women can not be soldiers, clearly disproved by the two women that made it through Rangers School.

-81% of all war deaths (Source)

Men being shitty to men because women are too precious to put into combat.

-they pay 97% of alimony (Source)

Because of unfair laws that see men as providers vs home makers, a hold over from yesterday.

-discriminated against in school (Source)

This is actually interesting as I've seen documentation to the opposite, so far as math testing at least. I could not begin to explain this, and if this is true then something must be done with our school system.

-they are worse in all aspects of the educational system from kindergarten all the way to University (Source)

I think this goes to say that men and women both learn differently. This is not a plot of feminist ruining young men; but a growing understand of psychology and how people learn. Hopefully going forward we can develop new methods to allow for students to be more effectively educated.

-boys face vastly more corporal punishment than girls (Source)

Because boys are tougher then the delicate flowers that are woman.

Since the other thread was closed before I could offer any of this, I figured I'd tackle it in this more specific thread instead, particularly to correct my earlier stance on this issue. Part of my gender identity issues have been influenced by a romantic view of men and their "breezy" outlook. The fact of the matter is, in a lot of ways, women are way more privileged than men are. They are protected, guarded, and inspire natural, instinctual desire to keep them safe, while men often view themselves as disposable, putting themselves in the line of fire. They are sought after for their affections, men put in a lot of effort in attempts to court women, and often go against their natural instincts to spread their seed far and wide by engaging in monogamous behaviors(although, arguably, neither men nor women were naturally made to be monogamous creatures).

Just some stuff I wanted to share and sort of refute my past self's blue pill assertions.

The points you make are not a result of feminism, they are of absurd standards place upon men by a society that has long been dominated by them within the power structures. To be made aware of these issues is not some blow against woman and the privilege men have within society; but the horrible abuses men heap upon themselves.

Actually, at no point what so ever did he on his post blamed Feminism for anything, which I think it is at the very least partially to blame, sure, the other half is traditionalism, but wouldn't one expect Feminism to have done SOMETHING in the last 100+ years they have been whining about everything and everyone?

But back on the point, even if it was 'Because Patriarchy', wouldn't that mean Patriarchy is still very deeply affecting men while not so much women and in very, far more serious areas? Which, insidentically, is what we are talking about, Male Privilage Vs Female Privilage

Regardless of who is to blame, I think all that data shows we women got it way easier

Mostly in the 1st world, though in the 3rd world we are still preferably treated and protected, we are only expected to pay for that protection with submission, which doesn't sound that unfair, not ideal, of course, but not even remotely opressive, if I'm gonna stay at home safe and sound, I'd at least try to be grateful to the men putting themselves in an early grave so I can

Pretty sure you've stated several times women don't need protection and that "it's so unfair that women and children are always first!"

And yet here you are, spouting honey badger rhetoric that being a submissive little woman and grateful to men for all their hard work is just another thing to give back because, hey, men do everything, right?

Didn't you say not to generalize men? That right there is the biggest load of bs I've seen in quite some time.

Feminism outlawed marital rape.
Feminism made it possible for you to vote.
Feminism also made it possible for you not to be property of your husband if you chose to get married and for you to be able to get an education and a job.

Yet men, who have had these privileges for centuries, have it so horribly that women should just bow their heads in gratitude and wish them a farewell and safe return while they stay home?

The reason men have had rights ruined or warped is literally because of other men.

This thread was about the existance of male privilege and female stigma.

It was NOT a discussion of if men have it worse but if they did have more weight in society versus women.

The fact that the other thread was CLOSED and you brought that shit over here shows that no discussion was actually had nor was there any critical thinking.

The posting in here shows that someone threw a goddamn tantrum and came in here to have the last words.

I'm going to request this thread closed. This is not the place for what you want to discuss especially if you are going to spit on the men AND women who fought and died for your right to even be able to have this discussion in the first place.

Make your own thread and have that discussion especially if you can't stay on topic, which is very clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom