Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lycanthrope Campaign Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasani nods. "Let's." she replies as she leans against Enkidu, holding his hand and walking up the stairs with him. It wasn't subtle, but it was a clear signal to the other werewolf. 'Mine, back off!'. Not that it was necessary, since the woman appeared interested in Raynard, but it wouldn't hurt anything.

Raynard stayed downstairs, and the couple reached room 204. Gerald opens the door. "Great! Come in, quickly. The sooner this is over, the better. I don't know what Ardal has planned, but he hasn't bothered to get himself treated properly." Looking into the room, it's set up to shoot a live webcam, apparently concerning Ardal, an amulet, a bracer, and two pure white daggers. Ardal looked a lot better this morning. While wrapped, cuts cover his body, and there are hints of major bruising. The stiff way he's holding himself also gives it away.

"Great. Now that the last person you wanted is here, let's get started." Ardal says without preamble. He presses a remote button, and the camera activates. Hasani barely manages to stop herself from going over to heal Ardal, seeing that he obviously wants a show for somebody.

"Hello, Pentex. I imagine it's a little surprising, this live feed getting into your 'secure' area. Well don't bother trying to track it. It'll be gone before you can trace it. And you'll really want to pay attention to this little video. Especially you, Dythmar Pentex." The dead tone in Ardal's voice is chilling. "What I have here are two relics that you've invested in." Ardal lifts the amulet and bracer one at a time, making sure the camera gets a clear view of them. "I'm sure you recognize them. Quite clever of you, really. Adapting a necromantic ritual to take advantage of an idea from a popular book series. How you managed to make TWO phylacteries while still alive baffles me, quite frankly. But no matter. I hunted them down. I've had the amulet for a while, and used it to track down the bracer. Now, you might be curious why I bothered searching so extensively for two 'trinkets', why I bothered setting you up to be killed. It's relatively simple, needing only two words to be completely honest. Vengeance. Justice." Raw, unconfined fury consumed Ardal's voice and visage.

"Twenty years ago, you were a school kid. Rich family, so you were a spoiled brat. You got what you wanted, when you wanted. Until a young woman turned you down for a date. No matter what you did, no matter what you offered, she refused your advances. This made you furious. Eventually, you had her kidnapped. She still refused you, so you raped her. Invaded her mind, attempted to corrupt her spirit. Treated her to inhuman indignities, tried everything possible to get her to give in. She still refused you, rejected you and everything you are. She eventually died after weeks of this. You had her body left in the trash. A last insult to the woman who would not bow to your whims. I found her, was there at her burial, where you dared to try and show your face. It's been twenty years since you killed my sister. This. Is. For. Brigid!"

Ardal raises the white daggers and slams them point first into the phylacteries. Arcane energies explode from the contact as positive and negative energies battle each other. Ignoring the magical maelstrom around each hand, Ardal stares into the camera, as if looking straight into Dythmar's eyes. "I will hunt you down. You will die by my hand. There is no escape." After a few moments, the artifacts crack and shatter, and the energies dissipate. Still staring at the camera, Ardal finishes in a cold, dead monotone, "I'm coming for you." Then he presses the remote again. After that, he leans back into the chair, and... falls unconscious.

Hasani is frozen in shock, until she realizes he's not moving. Hasani rushes forward and checks him. "He'll be alright, he's just completely exhausted himself, on top of his wounds." Hasani says, sounding annoyed. She stares her father. "Why did you let him do that?!" Gerald sighs, and shrugs. "He wouldn't explain what he intended to do, and we had no idea that..."

"I would have done the same. He has my respect." Enkidu replies calmly. "Some things must be done for those you care about." His sigh is soft while he walks over to Ardal, healing his wounds. (Converting all Divine spells to spontaneous healing until Ardal is at full HP)

After quite a while, Ardal's wounds are healed, and he comes to. "Ah. Sorry. Had to make it a little... personal. Hopefully it'll make him jumpy and paranoid. That would lead him to make mistakes that can be capitalized on." Ardal said calmly. The only hint of the previous rage is the dead look in his eyes.

"Why did you go alone, Ardal? I hope you haven't dragged us into this just for a personal vendetta." Gerald asked. He wasn't going to let his pack be hurt or killed in vengeful madness. He also didn't like how Ardal had gone off on his own into a 'rough spot'. They were allies, even if this particular action had been personal.

"No, the personal vendetta is just... good fortune, on my part. It wasn't the original intention when I arrived. I just used it to rattle Pentex's cage. Their precious CEO, who boasted of his immortality, is now mortal. They'll be scrambling to 'protect him'. His relatives will see this as their chance to take his spot. All sorts of 'security issues' will happen, now that he can't just shrug off things that would normally kill him. It will be one more reason why Pentex will be jittery, one more nudge to help pry their grip off Chicago." Ardal answered, a bit of passion in his voice.

"Well, given our welcoming party turned into a zombie dragon, I'd feel cautious myself.."He nodded and sighed. "But you have my respect."

"Thanks." Ardal replies genuinely. Then he grins sarcastically. "If I ever lack someone's respect, remind me to just kill 3 Nosferatu single-handedly."

Vampires were typically ranked at three different levels by themselves and hunters. Fledglings were the newly turned, and usually near mindless animals that hunted and feasted every night. It depended on the strength of will of the individual how long this state lasted. Masters were those who had mastered their urges, and could act like their former selves with ease, and had begun to explore the various powers they had gained. Nosferatu were ancient or extremely skilled vampires, who had mastered their vampiric powers, and had begun to expand to other horizons.

He couldn't help but in explode in laughter. "I like you! It'll be fun, fighting with you." He almost howled out, but calmed down momentarily. "At any rate, the situation has changed. We know we have movement, but given our welcome parties, among other things, we should rethink our strategies. While he'll have competition on all sides, we shouldn't forget this may also make him wildly unstable.. Though I can't say this for certain obviously, it should be noted that when threatened, people tend to lash out as well. Personally, I suggest that we make sure to secure the hotel, make sure no one aligned with the enemy slips through the cracks. From there, I suggest Ardal and I lead a strike team. He seems to know plenty about who we're dealing with, and I pack a decent enough punch. We'll keep a strong guard here to keep the majority of our pack safe, in case something goes wrong and the pack has to leave town. Does that sound about right?"

Gerald mulls over Enkidu's plan. "Sounds good. As long as Ardal's recovered himself at least. Covering the hotel with the Meldrik pack should be easy. Besides, tomorrow we're starting a hunt for that cairn. If we can damage or destroy it, it'll hinder the Wyrm's plans. We'll need to keep an eye out for Pentex traps as well." Gerald turned to Mariah, and asked, "Any ideas where it could be, or ways to narrow down the search?" Mariah sighed in response. "Not really. There are dozens of abandoned buildings in this city, and there isn't any conclusive patterns to the attacks or disappearances we can safely attribute to the Wyrm. With Pentex, the Wyrm cairns don't have to be as large or natural as Gaia's. it's a vexing problem that we've had to deal with ever since Pentex was formed."

Elsewhere...
"Have you managed to track down that video's source?" A cultured male voice asked, with anger undertones. "No sir. It wasn't long enough to get a lock on it in broadcast, when we began tracking it. It also began to decay immediately after it's end." Another male voice replied. This one soft, with undertones of fear. "And the reports of a pack being neutralized?" The cultured voice pressed. "True, sir. The remains of an Alpha were found, along with traces of divine energy. The location you gave us to check was also searched. The three Nosferatu were destroyed, and nothing of value remained." The soft voice replied. It was silent for at least three seconds. "Leave. Now." Came a demand, rage coloring the cultured tone. The sound of feet quickly moving, followed by a door closing, filled the room. After a moment, the sound of wood cracking as a man begins to pound a desk with supernatural strength. Eventually the desk breaks and the man, anger still unsated, begins to punch the walls, leaving dents in the concrete and steel frame. "Damn you, Ardal! Damn you!" The voice snarls out.

He nods, and closing his eyes. "Unless I'm needed longer, I'll be retiring to my room..." He was fine, physically, but he needed time to gather his mind for the next day, and his 'divine abilities' required rest. Hasina had the key, so if she needed him, she could get to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom