Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lycanthrope Campaign Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm for helping the issue. Supernatural or not, This isn't good for the community. Besides, those who bear the burden of loss may try to bargain with darker powers... This could give birth to more Wyrm influence... If it isn't here already.."

Gerald nods. "Then I guess we help. It'll probably be best to follow Ardal's lead on this, information wise. He seems to have a knack of knowing things he shouldn't. But then, he is known for finding that sort of thing out. Part of why he's lasted so long without an official pack." The other two nod. "Raynard, Gale, go tell the others we're getting involved. Also tell Ardal and the Corax (Mariah) that I'd like to talk to them. Enkidu, stay with me a moment." After the other two leave, Gerald sighs. "Look, I've got nothing against you. And I'm glad to have you as a pack member. And I can't thank you enough for what you did, saving my daughter that way. So, just be careful with her heart, alright?"

"Her heart? What do you mean?" He turned to the Alpha, concerned. Despite his role in the pack, Enkidu was in fact fond of the man, and was keen on listening to him, like an uncle or mentor. "What do you mean?"

Gerald stares a moment, and shakes his head. "I guess youth can be blind... She's... Interested in you. Hasina has spent a lot of time studying and reading healing magic, along with martial arts. She's also spent more time studying you since you rescued her. You don't really seem to care about yourself, but... Try putting it together, okay? You're not dumb. I guess... Socially inept would be a good term for you though."

The young wolf turned a bit red at the thought, quickly realizing what he meant. "I-interested? B-but why? A-and bluntly, are you okay with that? I mean, I'm not exactly the picture perfect son..."His once calm and determined voice stammered as his face flushed further, almost breaking eye contact with Gerald. He forced himself to take a deep breath and calmed himself. "Besides, bluntly, I don't know how courtship works in our clan... Never got the time or had a reason to learn it.."

"There's no special rules lad." Gerald replies, a rueful grin on his face. "And you might not be perfect, but you're a good man. As for why she's interested, well, girls like knowing that a man will be there for them, and is able to protect them. Plus, werewolves like strong mates, and there's no denying that you're the strongest wolf in the pack. Something that annoys Sergio to no end." Gerald finishes, not looking at Enkidu directly, but at the scenery.

"My strength is not my own," Enkidu replied. "I believe with all my being that this was a gift from Gaia.. She can take it all away just as fast.." His face was still a bit red as he too looked at the scenery. "I admit however, I do wish for a family, if possible.."

Gerald shrugs. "If that's the case, then Gaia entrusted that strength to you for a reason. Regardless, it is yours to use, and so far you've used it wisely. As for a family, well you'll have to ask a girl out sometime for that, won't you? Anyway, I leave this for you to think on. I'd better get more details from Ardal on what's going on, and where we need to go from here. And let that Corax know we'll help out with the situation as best we can." Gerald says, before heading back to the inn.

Gerald didn't want to see his little girl grow up, but knew it had to come sometime. He'd raised her as best he could since her mother died, nearly a decade ago. At least she had picked a good person for her first attempts at dating and... yeah, best for him not to go there. He'd want to lock his daughter in a nice padded room away from the world. He knew he was protective of Hasina, but he tried to curb it when he needed to. She couldn't stay little forever.

Enkidu nodded and left Gerald to his endeavors, and began looking for Hasina. (Spot 32, search 25, if needed.)

Enkidu finds Hasina helping with the four small children of the pack, those who haven't had a transformation yet. She seems at ease, and enjoying herself. The children are playing tag in a large play area. This hotel seems to try and pack everything a guest might want or need, and is rather large, even for a hotel. Hasina notices Enkidu's entrance after a few seconds. "Oh, Hi Enkidu! Everything alright?" She asks. There is the slightest blush on her face, but it isn't as strong as the others she's had so far.

"I was... wondering if you'd want to go out for a bite to eat, maybe a walk or a movie? This is my first time... So I'm not really good with these kinds of things." Enkidu scratched the back of his head, his own face matching hers.

"Are... Are you? Umm sure! A movie sounds great! I don't know what's playing though..." Hasina replies, her blush deepening. "Let's see if we're needed anywhere else first, but that sounds great!" Hasina says, as she heads over to the children's parents to let them know. The parents nod, with smiles on their faces as they go back to attending their children themselves. Hasina goes over to Enkidu. "Well, let's go talk to dad and let him know, and then we'll see what's around." Hasina says, twiddling her fingers a little.

Enkidu nodded, stretching a bit. "He should be wherever Ardal is.. Do you have a helmet, or would you rather walk around? We could pop into other shops as well.." The young wolf chatted contently, nervous, but hiding it as best he could.

"A walk sounds nice, and we could always ride later." Hasina answers after a moment to think on it. "And I'd guess that Ardal is with that Mariah woman. Their scents are all over each other. I think they went upstairs..." She says, slightly uncertain on that.

Hasina was thrilled. Enkidu had asked her out! She could get to know him, maybe even... Slow down, too fast. Baby steps, for the moment. Hasina was also curious about Ardal. Not interested, like she was with Enkidu. But the 'Hound of Eire' was a mysterious figure. Rumors abounded about him amongst the werewolf community, telling tales of him fighting the Wyrm's minion's against all odds, and managing to stay ahead. Hunting down hidden secrets, seeming to know a multitude of things that his enemies didn't want him to, and in general surviving as a Lone Wolf for over a decade. Though he was a heavy drinker, and a womanizer, he was honest and forthright about it.

Hasina barely managed to control the blush that came from thinking of how Ardal and Mariah's scents had mingled, and what it would take for her and Enkidu's scent's to mingle...

"I think they were wanting to discuss options and plans concerning a street sweep sometime tonight." Hasina added.

"He reminds me of a few Irish legends, that man." He laughed. "Diarmuid Ua Duibhne and CĂş Chulainn, respectively. At any rate, we'll check upstairs, and if not, I'll just let one of the other pack members know and to let him know what our plans are... I'd rather not interupt any...mingling..." He hesitated at the last word, his face turning a bit red. "And I'll have to take that time to talk to Ardal about something I noticed in the hotel.. It's nothing dangerous, from what I could tell, just curious..."

"Alright...?" Hasina answered, a note of curiosity in her voice. The pair head upstairs, and follow the trail and faint sounds to a small unlocked meeting room. Ardal, Gerald, and Mariah are sitting around a table with a map laid out on it. The three look up when Enkidu and Hasina walk in. "Hello. Can we help you?" Mariah asks in a calm, professional tone. Ardal is grinning at the two, and Gerald has a slight smile.

"We're just here to let Gerald know we'll be going on a date.. I'll get back in time for the sweep, unless there is another task you would prefer me to attend to.."Enkidu said simply, and bluntly at that.

Gerald shakes his head. "You should be fine. Take care." Gerald turns back to the map, studying it intently. The strategist part of him is in full force, the part that makes him the Alpha. He begins tracing lines on the map with his finger, plotting out routes to take. Ardal's grin widens, while Mariah returns to the map as well. "I think if we take these streets here as a pack, and then split around here, regrouping at this point, then..." The discussion of the sweep continues.

The Chicago streets are busy, but there is still plenty to see. A few restaurants, a few business building, and a movie theater are all viewable from the hotel, but with different distances. There is also a park nearby, but that's out of sight from the ground floor. "I'd like to take a walk around the park, and see the sights, if you don't mind." Hasina says, still holding Enkidu's hand.

Hasina was nearly glowing with glee. 'Enkidu held my hand, without being asked!' She could only hope it would get better. After a walk in the park, lunch and a movie sounded like a good idea to her. And maybe she could sneak in a kiss during the movie? Maybe after? She wasn't sure. Hasina didn't want to rush things, but she also didn't want another female trying to 'take Enkidu' from her. The wolf in her growled at the thought.

He nodded and took her into the park, smiling softly as he looked around the scenery. "It's a nice day out isn't it? So how's College? Are you keeping up with your studies?"

Hasina smiles back. "It is a nice day. As for college, my studies are going well. Anatomy is tedious, but it is mildly interesting to learn about how bones usually break, and how to help prevent or relieve that. Math is... vexing. I'm really just trudging through it until I don't need to take more math classes." Hasina replies. She takes a moment to look at the small, man-made lake. "Look! There's a family of ducks swimming along."

He blushed a bit and smiled, looking at them with soft eyes. "Pleasant, isn't it? They seem quite happy. I... Wish I could help you there, but I never really had any higher education.. Though in our lives, I think we learn anatomy naturally." He scratched his head. "Is that all the class is about? Breaking bones and stuff like that?"

"That's what we're on now. Anatomy is about learning where everything in the body is, and how they all relate to each other. It also covers what happens when they're damaged on a basic level. Other classes go more in-depth about injuries and how to deal with them." Hasina replies. She gently tugs on his hand, wanting to get closer and see if they can pet the ducks. Hasina finds herself wishing she'd brought bread along to feed the ducks with.

Enkidu looks around to see if people are watching, and if no one is around or paying attention, he will create bread with a divine spell. (survival 27, search 30, spot 28, listen 19, sense motive 38)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom