Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lycanthrope Campaign Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sound of various vehicles is heard on the main road to Chicago. A number of vehicles, from motorcycles to vans, are all heading there together. Not by accident, but by design. For they are a pack of Garou. Werewolves.

They were mostly of the Silent Striders tribe, with an oddball here and there. They were delivering a special package for another pack. A fetish, a talisman to help hold back the corruption of the Wyrm. They were partly keeping in good standing, and partly repaying the other pack for aiding one of their own.

Hasina glanced at Enkidu now and again, guilt on her expression and a blush on her face. She was traveling in her father's car, since she didn't own one yet. College had taken up most of her money. Hasina couldn't help but stare at the man who had sacrificed his arm for her. If only she had been faster or more skilled, then...

Ardal was riding his motorcycle, enjoying the wind in his hair and the roar of the cycle. It wasn't the same as running on his own four feet, but it was faster. And that was what was important. Normally, this would be a quick journey through the Umbra, or an instantaneous teleport, but this fetish couldn't be carried that way without diminishing it.

Enkidu just looked onward, his Motorcycle right beside Hasina's father's car. He always kept close- He could never really understand why. He wouldn't turn to face any of the other Garou. He just kept his constant speed, looking onward, his brass arm mostly hidden under a loose jacket, the dull, metallic hand lightly gripping one of the handlebars.

The pack reached Chicago with no trouble. Eventually they reached the Everitt Hotel, where they would spend the night, and meet the person to hand the fetish to. The lobby was empty of normal people, judging by the scents. The Glass Walker tribe ran this hotel, and had left their representative at a central table.

"Why, hello Mariah. How are you this fine evening?" Ardal said with a flirtatious tone. The Corax (Wereraven) shook her head. "Sorry, but I'm not interested at the moment." Ardal raised an eyebrow at the brush off, but shrugged. Before he could reply, Gerald Grant, the Alpha of the Grant pack and Hasina's father, came up to hand over the package.

Enkidu stayed outside the door, scanning the environment carefully. He wasn't sure if he would stay the night in a room, or just rest on the roof for two hours. After all, he was the Omega. Not really a true part of the pack-- not that it mattered a whole bunch to him. He took a deep breath and looked up at the stars.

(Sense motive-Targets: pack member's Gerald, Ardal, Hasina, and Mariah 40, spot 36, survival 22)

Enkidu doesn't see anything that grabs his attention. Just a normal Chicago night...

Gerald is slightly uneasy. Enkidu can't say for sure, but it seems like Ardal is making him wary, for some reason. Perhaps it's Ardal's status as a Lone Wolf, or maybe his reputation for ending up in situations. Or it might be the fetish, which is a rare and powerful kind, that only Ardal really seemed to know about.

Ardal seems laid back, completely at ease. Only a gleam in his eye hints at excitement, and the slightest hint of a smirk at Mariah indicates that he doesn't think she's out of his league. Ardal is probably the biggest 'possible threat' to Enkidu. In a fight, not even Gerald could match Enkidu's raw strength. But Ardal's knowledge of magic, and the vaguest hint of faerie power seem to be an equal or near it footing.

Hasina seems edgy. Partly from the guilt she still radiates every time she looks at Enkidu, and partly from unconsciously picking up her father's unease. Hasina is also unknowingly edging closer to Enkidu with every antsy movement. She seems to ease a little as she gets closer, probably from feeling safe near Enkidu.

Mariah gives the feel of a cold professional. However, she also gives a slight reaction to Ardal, which indicates she may contemplate his obvious overture at another time. At the moment however, she seems focused on the task. Her eyes are sharp, picking up every movement they can.

"As asked, here it is. The Alvaro Dreamcatcher." Gerald said, revealing the contents of a small metal box. Mariah stares at it, judging it from every angle. Finally, she nods. "So it is. The Meldrik pack will be quite happy to have this. It will be the centerpiece of a plan to thwart Pentex on a major business deal."

Noticing Hasina's mood, Enkidu stands beside her, but says nothing, and keeps note of the Lone Wolf attempting to fraternize with the Raven.

Hasina blushes with Enkidu so near, but has completely stopped acting edgy. Gerald doesn't react, while Mariah slightly raises an eyebrow. Ardal has a slight knowing grin on his face

Gerald just nods. "Right, about that..." Ardal says, after waiting a moment for Gerald to say something. "There wouldn't happen to be any, oh say Wyrm possessions going around?" Ardal asks in a seemingly casual manner. Mariah stiffens slightly, and Ardal's confidant grin stretches to openly cross his face. "It was a relatively simple deduction. This fetish will make Wyrm possessed ill, the closer they get the worse it'll be. And if they were to touch, I imagine a heart attack is the likely response. It would be quite the shame, and quite the problem, if it were to happen while dealing with a company that's planning on merging with one of two companies."

Mariah stares at Ardal, slightly wary, but also appreciative. "I can see why they call you the Hound of Eire. That was remarkably accurate deduction. How did you manage to figure it out? That particular deal has been kept under wraps." Ardal shrugs, an enigmatic grin on his face. "I have my ways." His face turns serious. "So, do you have any idea where the Wyrm's cairn (magical/holy site) that Pentex must be using is?" Mariah shakes her head. "Unfortunately, no."

Enkidu says nothing but continues to observe. "Bluntly, It'd be best to rest for the night, then search when we have our strength.."

Gerald nods, while Ardal shrugs. He seems to take this as a green light to make a move. "So, if you aren't doing anything else tonight, care to show me around town? I'm sure someone of your skill knows all the best places to party." Mariah seems slightly shocked at the blunt and direct manner of asking her out, but the slightest of smiles shows her interest. "After this is secured, we'll see." Mariah responds. She picks up the metal box and goes up the stairs.

Gerald stares at Ardal a moment. "You wouldn't have happened to drag my pack into one of your 'sagas of the present age', would you Ardal?" He asks directly. Ardal takes on an exaggerated tone of offense. "Why, how could you say that? After all the trouble I went through to get that fetish, without the slightest problem for you! You make it sound like I routinely invite trouble." Gerald snorts. "That's because you do, if even half the stories about you are true."

"That's what I'm here for, isn't it"Enkidu finnally speaks, glaring into the Lone Wolf's eyes. "I don't want it to come to this, but if you endanger this pack, I WILL take you down," He swore, raising his metal arm to him

Ardal raises his hands in a calming gesture, even as the fire of challenge burns in his eyes. "Hold on, you certainly don't have to get involved if you don't want to. But, there has been a rise of Wyrm activity in Chicago. A number of people seeming to develop split personalities, Pentex trying to get bigger, and..." Here Ardal gives the first emotion on his face besides confidence. Raw rage as he growls, "And children disappearing. Now, I've got no 'hard evidence', but I have sources that say a group of Spiral Dancers have gathered. Further, that a new Wyrm cairn has opened here. Add in Pentex going for a major deal, and it spells trouble with a capital T. You all just happened to be the first pack I came across coming here. You don't have to help." Gerald stares at Ardal for several moments.

"We'll see what happens. This will require a council decision." Gerald replies. A council decision in this pack, means a discussion between the Alpha, Beta, Omega, and a representative of the Gammas.

This hits home with Enkidu, though he tries to keep his support for Ardal's plea under wraps until the meeting happens.

Ardal shrugs. "Just let me know. I'll be here in the morning. No idea when I'll crash." Gerald nods, before signaling Enkidu to let the rest of the pack know to come on in. It seems they'll stay here for the night. Raynard Beauchamp (the Beta of the Grant Pack) is with the others in the parking lot. Gerald nods to Ardal. "Very well. We'll have an answer then. In the meantime..." Gerald continues to talk to Ardal about something. Hasina stays near Enkidu.

XavierZeherisHarper said:
Ardal shrugs. "Just let me know. I'll be here in the morning. No idea when I'll crash." Gerald nods, before signaling Enkidu to let the rest of the pack know to come on in. It seems they'll stay here for the night. Raynard Beauchamp (the Beta of the Grant Pack) is with the others in the parking lot. Gerald nods to Ardal. "Very well. We'll have an answer then. In the meantime..." Gerald continues to talk to Ardal about something. Hasina stays near Enkidu.
Enkidu signals the Beta and Gammas to enter, then turns to the Raven. "What room am I in, and am I sharing it with anyone?" He asked as he slid off his jacket, his simple T-shirt easily revealing his metallic arm. He also tried to listen in on what the Alpha was saying.

(listen, 25)

"Look, I would have appreciated a heads up, Ardal. It isn't that I mind helping out, or having members of my pack help. But it wasn't exactly pleasant, having this sprung on me." Ardal shrugs, but nods. "And if I had more warning myself, I would have. But I only had a clue when I got a look at the Dreamcatcher. After that, I looked up some things on my phone and talked to some people. I put things together about midway through our little roadtrip. There wasn't much time for warning you. I don't ask for these things, whatever people might think otherwise. I _do_ go looking for it though. I fully admit to that. I have... issues, and go hunting for every Wyrm marked problem I can find." Ardal replies.

Mariah comes back down the stairs empty handed. She replies to Enkidu's question, "I don't know. I do know that the 'Grant Family' has rooms 305 through 312 to themselves." This meant that 4 people would sleep alone, and 4 people wouldn't. Given that there were 3 families and 2 couples in the pack, this meant Enkidu, Raynard, and Sergio Perri would get separate rooms. Raynard hadn't chosen a partner yet, and Sergio was... prickly at the best of times.

Enkidu nodded and took two card keys for a room, giving the other to Hasina. "If you need anything at all, just come on in, alright? Better safe than sorry."

Hasina nods, a light blush on her face. Gerald ignores it, and Ardal is busy talking to Mariah. "Since business seems to be concluded, would the lovely lady care to show me around her town?" Mariah rolls her eyes, but the slight smile and nod says that she will. The two leave the hotel, leaving the pack to themselves. Before she goes, Mariah does hand out card keys for everyone, and wishes them a pleasant night. The roar of Ardal's motorcycle is heard shortly afterward, and fades away.

Enkidu quickly goes to his room, closing the door before pulling off his shirt and flopping onto the bed, staring at the ceiling. He thought back on all the fights he had been in, and Ardal's newest campaign against the Shadow Dancers. He wondered how many more fights he would make it through- Not that it mattered to him. He accepted his role early on. He would act as the siege arms against Wyrm, Destroying all the major foundations before (probably) succumbing to death. Being an Omega suited him, in that sense. "Well, even before the mission, my mind is made clear.." He mumbled as he turned into his hybrid form, feeling his natural strength flow within him. He'd need it for the horrors up ahead.

He nodded and got up, reverting back to human form. "I'll be out in a minute, Thanks." He called back as he changed his clothes.

"You're welcome." Hasina replies. When Enkidu gets downstairs, he sees that the rest of the pack is already there and eating, along with several other people, presumably other guests of the hotel. Ardal is sitting with Mariah, looking pleased with himself. Mariah looks like she was up late, and didn't get nearly enough sleep. However, she still looks rather pleased herself.

Enkidu doesn't get into it, and looks at his ring. He didn't really HAVE to eat, but it would be best to, to keep from confusing the patrons or somehow disturbing them. So he took an empty table and began to eat by himself, continually thinking about different plans of attack in the possible upcoming struggle. He found himself curious with the properties of the Wishcatcher, and decided to see if he could "scan" the other patrons motives and thoughts.

(Sense motive 40, survival 25)

Most of the other guests are well-to-do travellers. Likely they're just passing through on business. There are a couple of families scattered here and there, likely for vacation. The only one that sticks out is a man in dark red clothes, eating while on his phone. Something seems... off about him. Not Wyrm-possessed, but as if he was here for different reasons than everyone else.

Gerald stands up when he's finished, and says to Enkidu as he's passing, "Meet me by my car when you're done." He then continues on to throw his trash away, and head up to his room.

There seems to be the slightest hint of something supernatural about him, but Enkidu can't figure out what. The man frowns at his phone, seeming to be annoyed with it.

At Gerald's car, Raynard and Gale Fara, a Gamma, wait for the two. Gerald opens up the discussion. "So, do we stay and help with this issue, or do we move on, looking for another place?" Raynard shrugs. "I'd like to help, but I don't have any real preference." Gale shakes his head. "Sorry Gerald, but Vivian hasn't Seen anything noticable." Gale's wife Vivian is a seer, and usually tells of where the pack needs to head next to warn another group, or find a job to deliver things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom