Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D One on One: Conflict for Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reina sighed. It probably had to do with a more physical life. While mages were probably in better shape and health than most people (dealing with the supernatural wasn't exactly easy), it wasn't the same as rigorous physical training. Or experience in physical war.

Rider stood on top of a building, looking out at the city. Heights had always put her at ease, and allowed her to think. And she needed to think about that offer. That Servant, she guessed Saber from the sword, although that wasn't a guarantee, had given her something to think over. She had been summoned into this conflict by a woman in duress. Her Master's father was being held hostage by that witch. That witch had wanted extra insurance to win the Grimoire, so as it was her Master summoned her, and she had been forced to work with the bitch. The bitch was sneaky, conniving, and had 4 Phantasms, along with a variety of skills. As is, her Master couldn't fight the witch, and while she might be able to handle the bitch, it wasn't a guarantee. The bitch was very tricky, after all, and she only knew the affect of one Phantasm. With allies though... that might change the battlefield enough to save her Master's father. She could empathize with her Master. After all... "Sarah..."

"If you can send her sound kind of mental message... Tell her that if she needs help, To come us.. which her master if need be.."

Reina stares a moment, then shrugs. "Alright. I think we're done here though. At least the intruder didn't get further than the Alarm Ward. We should probably head home."

he sighed happily and stretched. "Thank you.. Perhaps I'll actually rest tonight... we've had a long day.."

Reina nods. "It's definitely more exciting than my normal life." The two head home, with no unforeseen trouble.

In the morning...
Reina greets Altrain at the table. "Hi Saber! The message you wanted sent was received, but no reply. And the Guild apparently found out how that portal appeared."

"They wouldn't say over the phone. They wanted to talk in person on the 10th floor." Reina shivers slightly in... fear? disgust? some mixture of the two...

He nodded and kissed her forehead. "I guess we'll go there later then? Whatever happens, Master, we'll get through it alive."

The rest of the morning passes with ease, and the school day goes by as well. Reina is amongst the top ten percentile of her grade, but rather shy. She only has one major friend, Sayoko Hoshino, and a few minor friends.

After school, and with no more incidents, the pair reach the 10th floor. Immediately Altrain can feel why this floor gave Reina the chills. Magic is suppressed here, and for a mage to be cut off from their magic... that was a very scary thing. Especially for Reina, it being the only legacy she had of her family to cling to.

On the 10th floor, which is a large dome, are several people standing around, the most rememberable being Rider, who's standing next to a shorter black haired woman. A man in a blue coat with a leather whip at his side looked furious, standing next to a blonde woman. After a while, it become clear that that was his usually state. The was a man dressed in black Longcoat, black silk pants, black boots, and a red shirt standing next to... human rat would probably be the closest comparison. A woman with white hair and splendid robes stood next to a redhead woman. After exchanging stares and awkward glances, eventually someone asked, "Why are we here?"

"Because you're all part of the Grimoire Conflict." Came an unexpected reply.

He smiled and bowed lightly to Rider as he saw her, but said nothing
---
The Saber thought it was a bit funny, that sudden statement. He had been thinking it over for a while, and had found out why he was able to be summoned here-- in a war where the spirits of dead hero's clash, despite his status as being alive. This was also a world where he lived, but most importantly--Died. He was a flaw in the system, and as he started to realize, gave him a distinct advantage. every one of the Hero's had a set power output. Except for him. Technically, he could continue to grow as any human could, and that would become his best advantage. But know, he thought further, and realized that could be his undoing, should someone recognize him. Although apparently the other Altrain was a mage, they may know a weakness of his from the previous Altrain.

Rider returned the bow, but said nothing, her face unreadable.

Reina, along with everyone else, turned to the where the voice came from. A tall, old man with short white hair in black and dark blue robes strode in from a separate entrance. He stood a little apart from everyone, and spoke again once he was sure he had everyone's attention.

"There has been a complication. The Grimoire Conflict calls heroes from other worlds. This thins the 'walls' between dimensions. Normally, this isn't a concern. However, apparently a species of negative energy beings, which we'll call Lifeless, are taking advantage of this thinning to invade our dimension. There is a suggestion that they were sealed from another dimension sometime ago, and have been trying to break free of their imprisonment plane. It is likely that this will continue throughout the course of the Grimoire Conflict. So, there has been an additional ruling made. You are to make it a priority to stop this creatures, above fighting each other. Understand?"

Reina nods in agreement, as does Rider and the woman presumably her Master. The woman with white hair and splendid robes, along with the redhead also nod. The man with the Longcoat replies, "Sure." While the ratlike man looks slightly disgruntled by this. The man with the blue coat and leather whip... has not changed at all, but the blonde woman nods.

(Blue coat.... I'm guessing castlevania.. no response, so Beserker perhaps?)

Altrain nods in agreement, looking at his right hand. After all, thus far, so long as the 'Lifeless' don't form together, he can kill them without taking damage himself. But above all else, he needed to protect his master.

"Very well. That is all for now. As usual, keep this Conflict out of public sight, and out of this building." The man says as he leaves the room. The man in the blue coat and the blonde woman leave immediately after, while the redhead talks to presumably Rider's Master. The ratlike man leaves as well, but the man in the black Longcoat gives Altrain a familiar grin and says, "A rematch later!" before leaving. The white-haired woman in splendid robes and the redhead leave after that, with Rider and the black haired woman leaving as well...

Roll Spot.

Altrain barely manages to notice Rider slipping him a note, as she passes by him to leave. Now, it is just him and Reina.

"Well, I was wanting to go to this class on Evocation." She says.

Reina leads him down to the fifth floor, where a male professor begins a class on the specifics and dangers of summoning the five basic energies of fire, ice, lightning, acid, and sonic.

At some point, Altrain manages to read the note.

'Where we met, at the top, 9 p.m. tonight.'

It is short, simple, and to the point.

Saber nods, but wonders if she means alone or with his master. it may be safer for his master to be left behind, but at the same time... He just wasn't sure.

Eventually, the class ended at 6:30. Reina turns to Altrain as they walk down the hall towards the stairs, and the garage below. "So, is there anything you want to try?" She asks.

He simply looked up. "I'm going to go back to where we met Rider... I may find some clues there. do you have a friend at school who has no idea about magic? or perhaps you could have a sleep over with a few?" He asked, realizing that although a bit sneaky, it did protect his master while he was gone.

Reina nods, curious but willing to trust Altrain. "Sure. I'll be at Sayoko's. The servants at the mansion know how to get there. And here," Reina says, handing over a handheld device. "This is a cell phone. Press this blue button, followed by this green button, and you can talk to me no matter how far apart we are. When you're done talking, press the red button." She'd gotten the simplest phone on the market in preparation for the Grimoire Conflict, in case they needed to separate for some reason. The only number programmed in his phone was hers, so he just needed to hit speed-dial.

The car comes up, and Reina opens the door. Before she gets in, she hugs Altrain. "Be careful, Saber. I don't won't to lose you." Left unsaid were the words, not again. She then gets into the vehicle (hearing his reply, if any) before it drives her away.

At 9 p.m., Rider stands on top of the building she met the likely Saber at. This was possibly her only chance to free her Master's father. If this Servant had just wanted to get his Master away from the battlefield, then it was most likely going to be a close and painful battle. She'd have to rely on it. The reminder of her original enslavement. The reminder of Sarah's... entombment. Rider preferred not to use it.

"Rider," He called calmly before seeing her. "pardon, but I bid my master to a safe location just in case this was a set up for battle. I trust you, but as I don't know your master, it was the most logical thing to do.. What is it you wished to discuss.?" His stance us calm, but not completely off guard. a soft smile appeared on his face as he approached her, being careful not to invade any personal space. "Have you decided on my offer?"

"Yeah. I'd like to accept." Rider replies, not facing Altrain, but looking out at the city. "I don't have any particular desire for this Grimoire, but it would be nice to have a certain kind of spell as a 'just in case'. My Master... just wants her father back. And that's the core reason for my acceptance." Rider then turns to Altrain, a hard look on her face. "There's another Master, that's holding her father hostage. Do you remember the redhead from this afternoon? She's the one. Not only is she a powerful mage, but her Servant is Caster. And Caster... is a ruthless, cunning bitch. Plus, she's got 4 Phantasms. I only know of one. Wraithguard. A golden gauntlet on her right arm, that provides an overall defense. For example, she could have cast with her right hand in that meeting." Rider says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom