Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D One on One: Conflict for Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
He points it out to his sister, wondering if he should strike at them, given he could use his gun as a phantasm.

Reina stares a moment, before saying, "We need to wait. The unofficial rules mean that we can't involve those unaware of magic. So, that Servant is likely waiting. It's probably not Assassin, at least." The school day passes by, and Reina leads the way back out. The figure is still on the rooftop, waiting...

"Driver, go to the Maida Park." Reina turns to Altrain. "That should hopefully be empty, so that we can fight there. If the Servant waited that long, then it'll follow, right?" Reina seems uncertain, and worried.

He nodded as he kept a close guard on her, his eyes darting from one place to another. "Whatever you say, Master. Just be careful."

Altrain sees the figure follow after them... by leaping from building to building with superhuman speed and distance. Eventually, they reach a slightly forested area that gives off a slight feel of magic, to ward people off. There are no buildings nearby, so either the figure lost them, or had to take a more normal, slower speed. Inside, Reina has the driver stop, and gets out of the car. "Any suggestions on battle strategy?"

"Just don't get hit. Use me as a meat shield if you need to. Technically, so long as I die, they may just let you live afterwards.." He said somewhat bluntly to her, readying his gun and sword. (Survival 18, listen 17, spot 15, sense motive 18) "Hey, if you're already here, show yourself, and fight like a Heroic Spirit should! Or have you no honor?"

Laughter rings out. "Sorry, had to walk the last bit. Was a pain to find a place to change." A clear, male voice replied. Into the clearing stepped the figure in red. "You can call me Archer. You ready to fight then?" A handle appears in the figure's right hand, while a futuristic gun appears in it's left.

Reina pulls a book from the air, symbols surrounding her hand as she does so, and chants a short phrase. She reads the following aloud.

Servant Class Archer
Name: ???
Title: God of Destruction
Strength: B (A)
Endurance: B (A)
Agility: B (A)
Magical Power: B (A)
Luck: B (A)
Noble Phantasm(s): S class
Possible Classes: Saber, Archer, Berserker, Lancer

Roll Initiative.

"Saber. On a condition, yes. If I perish, you and your master must leave my master be, and I shall do the same for you should I win."
(initiative natural 20, so 24 with dex mod.)

"I've got no personal problem with that." Archer replies. "Unfortunately, I can't guarantee my Master's agreement. I'll do my best though, I promise that."

Saber goes first, then Archer.

Saber shoots of several rounds from the "phantasmed" pistol.
crit, crit, 15
48 damage from crits, 2 fortitude saves of 22 or higher must be made or Archer dies immediately.
5 damage from last shot

Archer gives a rictus of a grin as he steps forward, firing his own gun. Massive blasts of plasma come streaming at Altrain, around 5 feet in diameter.

5 foot step, 25 feet away. Plasma blasts deal 70 damage.

Altrain gasps in pain as he is hit, but remains standing in place, firing the gun three more times.
Crit (39), 26, natural 20 crit
from crits- 70 damage, make fort save against instant death twice, 7 damage from second attack if it hits.
"You won't take me down so easily!"

Reina casts a Shield spell on Altrain, finally shaking off her first combat fright.

The first shot drills right through Archer's heart, causing him to stumble. As he recovers, the second shot ricochets off his armor without leaving a scratch. The third hits him hard, but not as much as the first.

Archer's grin widens, and he accelerates forward at blurring speed, crossing the distance between them in an instant. Archer dismisses the gun to grab the handle with both hands, and swings it towards Altrain, a purple blade erupting from the handle. The blade glows with restrained power as it smashes down on Altrain, but the shield Reina summoned slows the blade enough for Altrain to dodge. A blast of power erupts, and a crater is left where the blade hits the ground.

The hole in his heart, and armor, is regenerated by the time Archer turns to face Altrain again.

"Wh-what the Hell? Exactly what kind of magic is this...? Are you not mortal?" He calls out, stunned, slashing with his bastard sword.
(Two natural 20's, then 27)
(40 damage for the two crits, plus his bastard sword is vorpal. if he somehow survives this, he has the fort saves, and then 11 damage)

"More... Not human anymore." Archer replies, after Altrain's sword slashes through his neck twice. Archer blurs away, with a shout, "Catch you later! Master's calling!"

Reina stares at the fading away Archer. "Is that... even possible? How...?"

He nodded slightly to Archer, admittedly curious of the man. "I hope.. if we cannot make him an ally, that he will at least tell me his origins before I cut him down. I assume he's using technology much later than your own?" He asked, a bit of blood trickling from his arm. "And how are you feeling, Master? Are you okay?"

"That would be nice.. But don't worry about it. You saved me from a real hard hit earlier. So, what's the plan? are we heading back home, hunting for Servants or Masters, what?" He turned to her, lightly clutching his arm.

"You're still the same... just as stubborn. Here." Reina says, before taking ahold of his arm and gesturing with her other hand. White light glows, and the wounds begin to fade. After about thirty seconds, the wounds are gone. Reina looks a little winded, but otherwise fine. "There. Now as for what we do now... I'm supposed to register at the Mages' Guild, like all Masters are supposed to. But... I'd prefer to drive about, and see what we can do." Reina states, a little more self-assured now. Idly, she uses the book from before on Altrain, slightly curious...

Servant Class Saber
Name: Altrain Morishita
Title: Brother of the Avenging Blade
Strength: A
Endurance: A
Agility: B
Magical Power: C
Luck: C+
Noble Phantasm(s): A class, C class
Possible Classes: Saber, Berserker, Rider

(Huh... you guessed my possible classes right? Or did I text it to you?)
"Let's register, then drive.. Given that our fight with archer may spread to the other masters, it may be easier to gain allies if we go now.."

Reina nods. "Alright." The two get back in the car, and the driver takes them deeper into the city. Eventually, they come to a ten story tower. The feel of latent magic is obvious to Altrain, and Reina shivers as they drive into a parking garage. There are about a dozen cars, and 3 motorcycles in the garage.

Reina leads the way. The door in the parking garage leads to a spiral staircase. Up three floors, and down a vivid purple hallway, with doors on each side every 3 yards. Each door has a number, odds on the left, evens on the right. They start at 301. Down the hall, which seems slightly longer than it did at first glance..., Reina eventually knocks on the door to room 323. After a moment, a woman answers the door. "Yes?" Reina bows in greeting. "Hello, Professor Esumi Nishida." The professor smiles slightly, and bows back. "Miss Morishita, nice to see you again. How can I help you? And who is this?" Esumi takes an appreciative glance at Altrain.

Altrain says nothing, but makes a simple nod in acknowledgement. Diplomacy had been withering within him for ages, so it was difficult to converse if the subject was not war.

"This is... Saber." Reina replies. Professor Nishida stares a moment, then sighs. "I see. I guess you couldn't escape it then... Alright, I'll mark you down. There are two others officially active."

"Is Archer one of them? We were attacked earlier." He points out, before catching himself. For all he knew, this person knew the other him.. Knew his voice.. which could put them at a disadvantage should someone tried to urk it out of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom