Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D One on One: Conflict for Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not really.. Your time probably has different food than what I'm used too...."
(OOC: CHEESEBURGERS!!! I CAN MAKE THIS HILARIOUS WITH CHEESEBURGERS!)

Reina shrugs. "Alright then. Driver, to McDonald's." They eventually reach the restaurant, where Reina orders food for them. She knows it's not the healthiest food, but it's fast, and it'll allow them to get to the class on time.

As Altrain takes a bite into his 'burger', as they were called, his eyes widen and his mouth waters with absolute bliss. He sits there for a moment, speechless, staring at her, then back at the heavenly food that rest in his hands. "By God... This is amazing!" He called out as he took another bite of meat, cheese, and pickles. "I have to etch this in my memory... Memorize how to make these for a later date... I-it's so wonderful. And there, a man who had nearly killed a superhuman and finished off creatures of negative energy, was nearly brought to tears by his stomachs desire for a simple sandwich. "Are there more? Are these some form of rare delicacy?"

"Uhh... No. This is actually fairly common, and quite frankly, this place's food isn't that great. I'll have the chef at home cook some for you." Reina says, surprised and stunned. She also gets the feeling that the food bill will rise dramatically...

After eating (and getting stared at by the other patrons), the two head back to the Mages' Guild, and back up to Professor Nishida's classroom. The class is attended by various ages of people, some as young as 11, others as old as 50. The class teaches about how enchantments are affected by the materials enchanted, and that overall the rarer the material, the better for enchanting.

"If I may show an example?"The Saber asked, brandishing his blade and offering it carefully to the teacher.(Vorpal Adamantine Bastard Sword.) "Will this do?"

Professor Nishida nods. "Yes, this is a perfect example. This sword was forged out of Adamantine, and there are only 3 active mines for this material in the world, one of them in Antarctica. And this has allowed it to hold some very powerful enchantments, if my arcane sight is correct. To try to enchant another weapon with these enchantments made of, say steel, would probably require more energy than everyone in this room has. It can be done," She adds, "But it would be a much longer time period, quite likely taking years for a single enchanter. At least, without using anchor materials. This gem here," Professor Nishida says, pointing to the ruby on the hilt, "Probably sped up the enchantment process by a month, and allows for even more magic to be placed on the sword. It would be much slower going, and dangerous, " She warns, "if you didn't know the original enchantments and the order they were placed in, but it can be done, with the gem serving as a conduit."

Altrain nods, standing close, feeling protective of his blade despite the fact that he offered it up in the first place. He couldn't help but look at Reina and smile. after all, it was his Reina who talked the blacksmith and wizard couple to forge that very blade for him when he achieved knighthood, and he kept it well polished and sharpened ever since.

Reina smiles back at him, wondering what memory has him relaxing, but figures it has something to do with that sword and 'his' Reina. It evokes a feeling of bittersweet happiness, since he isn't 'her' Altrain, but it is at least an Altrain. And they seem very similar to each other, from what her vague memories suggest. Saber Altrain was probably as studious of that sword as Mage Altrain was of magic.

After the class, Professor Nishida asks for the two to stay back a moment. "Well, it seems there's another. Rider has been registered as well. I'm afraid your Archer hasn't been by yet. I'm not allowed to say who the Masters are, or point anyone in anyone else's direction, but I'm free to say what Servants are active. If you're sure you were attacked by an Archer..."

"That's what the guy... thing... said..."He shrugged. "Lets hope things go peacefully for a while. I'm confident in my abilities, but I don't wish to put strain on my master..."

Professor Nishida nods. "Then either the Master is unaware of the Mages' Guild, which is highly unlikely, trying to delay as long as possible, or... is against the Mages' Guild for some reason." Professor Nishida says. "In any case, be careful Miss Morishita. I would be most upset if one of my brighter students were to die in a glorified blood bath. Please take good care of her, Saber."

Professor Nishida nods, and then says, "Alright then. Take care, and have a safe night." She then turns to do paperwork.

Reina leads the way back out, and then has the driver head them home. Once they arrive, Reina asks, "So, want to do something?"

"Well, I can show you my greatest treasure." Reina says, before grabbing his hands and pulling him towards the small group of trees that differ from the grounds he knew. When they reach them, she lets go of his hands to weave her hands in the air, which releases a spell, and three small stone shrines fade into view. "These are my greatest treasure." Reina says, solemn but with a gentle smile. Each shrine contain pictures, some trinkets, and... a bright, fist-sized stone that shines with the colors of the rainbow. In the shrines in front are pictures of Altrain's father and mother. In the shrine slightly behind that are pictures... of himself.

The Saber smiles softly, but feels a twinge of pain in his heart, seeing his family once more, but suprisingly feels almost nothing for the picture's of this world's late Altrain. He was saddened by the fact that Reina was alone, but not that he was gone from this place. Perhaps it was cruel, so he didn't say anything out loud. taking note of the pictures, he placed a hand on each shrine, as if taking it all in.

Reina looks on for a moment, curious about how Saber feels. "I keep wooden ones in the mansion, but I wanted something that would last. A permanent reminder of my family, and the sacrifice made by them. A spell on the trees keeps the worst of the weather away, and the Mana Stones improve the shrines' endurance." Reina explains.

"It's...Well kept", he smiled at her and withdrew his hand, trying to let his mind and body relax. "Thanks for showing me."

Reina smiles solemnly. "You're welcome." She leans against him for a bit, looking on at the shrines, and the woods. It was a peaceful scene, that lasted an incalculable moment...

Until a blasting siren is heard inside their minds. "Intruder! Someone's trying to cross the border wards!" Reina shouts. A general direction is felt with the mental siren. It leads to the northeast edge of the grounds.

Detection skills.

Altrain sees a black figure leaving the edge just as the pair arrive, a golden glint off the right arm. It's heading northeast, into some construction sites.

"S-Saber, how'd.. you know... where to go?" Reina manages to pant as the two give chase. Altrain is ahead, and in the right direction, without Reina telling where.

Perception skills to follow.

Altrain manages to follow for several minutes, going into a construction site and up onto a second floor... Until he's slammed into by a pair of boots. These don't hurt, but knock him off course, and make him lose sight of the black figure. When he looks at who kicked him...

A woman with short pink hair is standing near him, a strange blade at the ready. "Are you going to talk or fight?" She asks bluntly.

Reina is below them, but pulls out the book from before. She reads;

Servant Class Rider
Name: ???
Title: Sister of the Avenging Storm
Strength: C
Endurance: A
Agility: A
Magical Power: C
Luck: B
Noble Phantasm(s): C class, A class
Possible Classes: Rider, Saber, Archer, Berserker

"Rider... At your level, you can't defeat me.. I have no qualms telling you this... Thanks to my phantasm, you won't be able to deal damage. Please.. I don't wish to strike you down."He commented genuinely. "Whether you decide to just walk away, or become our ally, either way is fine." (Charisma skill class B now active- also, rolled a natural 20 on diplomacy)

Rider stares a moment, then holds out the hand with the sword. In moments, the sword transforms into a gun. Three shots ring out, and seeing the bullets have no effect, Rider sighs. "Damn. No point in going all out you yet. Not for..." Rider clicks her fingers, a spark trailing down to the floor from between them. After a moment, she jumps... and clears to the next building, over 60 feet away.

Reina stares a moment, then shrugs. "That was different. And Saber, how'd you know where the alarms went off?"

"I saw a shimmering gold piece off someone's right arm.... After that.. it was like breathing... It all just happened."He replied, looking toward rider, concern in his heart. He couldn't help but worry for the Servant. Although not weak by any means, he wasn't sure if she would be hunted by the other Servants, or if she would take Saber's offer through one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom