Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D One on One: Conflict for Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professor Nishida shakes her head. "Archer isn't one of them. Berserker and Caster are the registered Servants." Reina nods. "I see, thank you. Do you have any classes today?" Reina asks. Professor Nishida nods her head. "Yes, one on Enchantments, at 7:00. Will you be attending?" Reina shrugs. "I'll try to, but..." Professor Nishida nods. "Very well, I'll expect to see you then." Reina smiles, and bows again. "Farewell, Professor Nishida." Professor Nishida bows back. "Farewell, Miss Morishita. I expect to see you again."

"Beserker... We'll have to watch for him or her, definitely. On Caster, I'm not completely sure, so we should be cautious just in case." He stated as they began to depart. "Given Beserker has the most varying participants, We have no idea on what range or calibur they'll attack us on... just that it would be head on if they don't use a command seal... How do you intend to move at this point, Master?" He continued, holding his blade lightly against his side.

"Well, I was hoping to drive around, and look for or at magical hotspots. If we don't get caught up in anything, then attending the Enchantment class in roughly three hours. Other than that, I don't really have any plans. There isn't any real way to track Archer, and he's likely to lay low, right? I mean, even if you didn't kill him, it had to have taken a lot of energy to survive those attacks."

Reina nods, and the two head back down to the parking garage, and get into the car. The driver pulls out, and it begins to wander through the streets. Reina points out the sights both and magical, and the ride is enjoyable...
Until they reach the Matsuo Amusement Park, where Reina doubles over and cries out in pain.

"Wh-what The Hell?! Reina, What's wrong?!" Altrain calls to her, pulling her in as a brotherly reflex.

"Ne-negative energy. A massive amount of it, like... a portal being opened." Reina replied. "We have to go check it out." Reina says, recovering herself.

Spot check.

Vaguely, Altrain can see a flash of black light just as Reina reacts in pain. Although he can't tell how far away, it is somewhere in Matsuo Park...

"Driver-The park." He commands as he clutches his sister--No, not his sister, he has to keep her seperate from his mind, lest he falls deeper into madness should she fall.. He swallowed hard as he tried his best to soothe her pain, the magic he once had as a Paladin gone.

Reina eventually recovers. "Thanks." She says, a smile on her face despite the tears of pain. It'd been so long, since she'd been held that way. It was slightly different, but the intent of brotherly protection was the same she vaguely remembered from so long ago...

The driver parked the car, and Reina gets out. After a moment, Reina begins to sway softly with her eyes closed. Focus, feel, echo... "There are three negative energy signatures. That portal must have let them through. To stabilize themselves, they likely... We need to find them, fast."

Search, Spot, Listen, any finding abilities or skills.

To the northeast, near a rollercoaster, there can be heard screams. (Assuming you run that way and check it out...)

At the entrance to the rollercoaster, there is a dark purple field around the (place where you stand in line). Inside that boundary are some people panicking and running from three... monsters. They're covered in black fur with purple highlights, and have yellow eyes. One has two eyes like a human, but another has three. And the last has a circle of six eyes around it's head. They all seem intent on grabbing people and... absorbing white lines of energy. The people drained of energy slump to the ground, and don't move...

Altrain Growled and ran toward them, keeping them away from his master. ( just as a notice, you would have to transfer their stats to the Heroic Spirit stat concept to see if they can deal damage to Altrain at all.)

(I figured..)

Reina casts a shimmering white orb, that pierces a hole through the barrier for Altrain to run through.

Sensing Altrain, and feeling his immense life energy, the three immediately attack him... And do nothing, damage wise, to their shock and surprise.

"Don't make me laugh, you worthless Currs!"
(Whirlwind Attack to them if they're all in range and rolled a crit (19) so 38.)
22 damage, 22 fort save or die instantly for each

The sword shears through them all with ease, and the creatures draw back in fear, before they all begin melting into a black goo, that begins to congeal together into a new monstrosity...

Reina casts Shield on Altrain once more.

"Piss off..."He growls and puts the gun to whatever resembles a head the most, and pulls the trigger three times.
(Crit-36, 30, crit-natural 20)
60 damage from crits plus fire, 2 fort saves, and an 15 damage if second shot hits.

Twice the thing screams, and fire coats it's form a moment, before being sucked in. It then emits a purple flame of it's own surrounding it's body. The holes caused by the bullets close. The thing lashes out with a quickly formed tentacle covered in flames, but again the shield slows it enough for Altrain to dodge. The concrete melts where the flames hit. Several unconscious people are nearly caught in it...

Reina blasts it with the white orb from before, and it shrieks in pain again.

Total damage to ??? Negative Being: 91

"Can you not hear me? DIE! BURN IN HELL!" He yells, slashing with his sword and cursing, making it quite clear that something had happened to this version of her brother... Something serious. "JUST DIE ALREADY!"

33, 28, crit (28)

if all attacks hit, 46 damage. fort save

With a final shriek, the thing falls and begins to dissipate, the flames put out. White lines of energy begin to flow out of it's remains. They flow into the unconscious people, and when they finish, those people begin to wake up. When they wake up, they don't seem to remember what happened very well. The purple barrier is gone as well.

"Saber... Are you okay?" Reina asks, reaching out to touch his shoulder, but is uncertain how he'll react.

Reina gathers her courage, and hugs him. "It's okay. It's not right, but it's okay." She says, hugging him as long as he'll let her silently. When he wants her to, she let go. "I need to call this in. The Mages' Guild needs to know, so that they can investigate what happened." She then proceeds to pull out a cell phone, and call them.

Elsewhere...
"Soldier of another sky. Listen.
Hear my promise, hear my vow. Come.
Help me save my cherished one. Fight.
Sister of Heavenly Battle, Arrive!"

Reina hangs up the phone. "Well, they're on their way. They'll investigate what happened, and see if it can be stopped from repeating. We should head back to the car. I'd like to get something to eat before class." Reina says to Altrain. "Any preference on food?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom