Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Dark Moon [Vampire07 & Eyesoffire]

Silently she looked out seeing their pack had grown and would continue to grow further. "Honestly I don't know if I'm ready for one yet. I mean my mind has been on everything else but that." She said as she looked up at him seein ghe was looking down at her. "Joesph, when I need to address the men or send something to them...I know our female dictionary is bit different than the guys. I may stumble abit with my words but I can assume you can translate it to guy lingo."

"Guy lingo?" Joe smirked a bit and ten shrugged. "All right, I'll translate for you but I think for the most part they might understand what you're saying...hopefully at least." He gave er a small smile and squeezed her linked arm. "Why don't I get things sorted with the guys, tell them about the females and then you can talk?" He said and let go of Lillian and made for the males of the pack.

The explanation was quick, some of the males weren't happy but they agreed to it, at least for the sake of keeping things calm within the pack. Joe had to emphasize that they needed solidarity more than anything right now and if they stuck together then they wouldn't have to worry so much. The problem was that Dustin wasn't with them when he explained it, he must have been hiding somewhere dark and boring, as usual. Joe finished with the males and returned back to Lillian. "They've got the picture...you can tell them what ever you like."

"As long as they understand I'm happy." She said as when he came back he took her from her thoughts of a possible mate. Smiling weakly to him as she looked around wondering where Dustin ran off to. "I'll leave a note on the bulletin board as a reminder. Its not to seem like they're children but there may be a few who haven't heard." She said as she tuned walking away heading inside. Since the battle they were restricted to this one large house.

Joe watched Lillian leave, the males weren't all happy but they were content with listening to those rules. He spent the rest of the day organizing patrols for the night, they'd need to find out what was going on with that other pack and Joe wanted to have the upper hand in information. Malik was to head out at dusk, his partner was to be Tyson, the biggest wolf in the pack, standing at a massive 12 feet when in his wolf form. He was certainly the strongest wolf, though not the smartest. Joe said he'd go at midnight, but didn't tell anyone who his partner would be.

That night, at 11:30 he walked to Lillian's room and knocked on the door. He waited until she opened it and asked her. "Me and you, tonight...patrol?" He said quickly, a sheepish grin on his face, trying hard to regain the confidence he'd just had. It was like asking a girl out to prom or to a dance. He hadn't been this nervous since high school.

Lillian was in her bed reading when she heard the knock at her door. Getting out of her bed she walked to the door pulling it open to see Joe standing there. "Whoa what?" She stood there thinking about his offer of the patrol. "Sure." she said as she moved shutting her door heading outside with him. She didn't know of this patrol he had set up. "Where are we heading?"

"South, closer to the town where I saved you. We'll stay in the trees, the shadows and keep to one another, it's for safety sake, that's all, gotta make sure you don't lose your pack to a surprise attack." He said and walked outside with Lillian. Joe transformed in front of her, turning into a muscular, tall black-haired werewolf. His eyes still the brown that matched his human form, but this time they had a hint of bronze within them. He looked down at Lillian. "You just going to walk around like that?" He asked.

They walked in the moonlight, the night was quiet and still, the scents of many things were in the air but Joe didn't sense and danger at all. "So...now that you're in charge, any plans you want to make for the pack, any reforms?" He asked. "I know it seems like a heavy question at this time, but I'm curious to see what you'd do with us...with me." He bumped into her playfully. "Since you have the power now to do whatever you like."

Lillian punched him in his wolf form but she winced with her form changing into her snow white form but her eyes stayed the same. Walking with him in the shadows as she walked to the other side to make sure her white fur was consealed. Looking to him as he had been asking such questions which made her suspect something. "Joe, are you hinting to me you're ready for a mate?"

"Not hinting anything." Joe stated, a little louder than expected. He walked by her side. "Just wondering what you're going to be doing since, well...this will be about my future too. I can't just sit around and speculate, can I?" He asked, grinning as best a wolf could grin. "So I figured I'd come straight to you and sort it all out." They walked on a little longer. "And What if I was hinting to you about it...are you mad at me because I'd do such a thing?" He asked politely.

"You hinting to you're wanting a mate. I don't see how it would deal with me." She said as she walked ahead of him sniffing around. She stopped smelling fresh blood. Lillian snapped her fingers and beckoned him to follow her as she got on all fours creeping along until she could see the town in the distance. She watched as some of the werewolves of the pack that took her were being killed. Sniffing the air she shook her head.

Moving away from him with her standing up. "They're killing off the sick ones."

"That still doesn't answer my question." Joe said, pulling up beside her and looking at the scene before them. He frowned in displeasure. It was clear that they were murdering them. It didn't feel right to him. "Those aren't members of our pack, Lillian...they're killing off their own members...maybe-" But he cut himself off, he knew this was wrong. They didn't seem to be too sick, just sick enough to not be able to work. They didn't deserve to die. "What do you want to do?"

"I know they are killing off their pack members." She said softly as she understood why they were killing them. Looking over at him as he asked what she wanted to do. "With what? Allow them to continue to kill their own. Yes. What I am going to do about my pack? Keep everyone moving forward. Dustin is going ot be posted at the house. He's to eager to get back at the pack for what they done. He may have a hero complex." She said with her sighing then rubbed her eyes. "What I'd do with you...Well make you second in command. The men respect you enough to follow your lead to get us out of there." She said as she looked back at the town seeing they were deep in chaos. "Next full moon...You..Me and the men will attack and take that town. We're at the max with the house we have. We need a bigger area if we're going to have three pups and more."

"You're just going to leave them to their murdering, Lillian?" Joe asked quietly, holding Lillian's arm so she couldn't just move off. "We can't let them do this...we're no different than they are if we do." He looked at Lillian. "I know this might seem like I'm pushing my luck but we cannot just have them die...they've done nothing wrong." He looked out at the remaining werewolves, only 3 were left. "We have to go in there, get one and press him for information, find out what they're doing so that the next time we attack we'll be ready for them."

"Joesph...." She was growling by now. "We're no better than them? Were you the ones who raped us? Beaten me to break my leg over and over again?" Turning on him as she stepped into him pushing him back. He may be larger than her but she was pissed but kept herself calm. "If you want to be the Hero...Go in there but I won't allow the others to save your ass." He should have figured out she was damaged in a way. She was pissed at that pack that drove Joe and the others away, raped the girls, forced them to carry the pups, beaten her repeatedly while she was naked in public.

Joe growled back and jumped on her, pressing her against the ground with his weight. "Lillian." Joe said, trying hard to stay calm as well. "We might need this, to have information...we won't get a better chance at this. We should rescue one, take him back home and find out what the hell this pack is up to." He locked eyes with her. "Surely you know that this pack is up to something...it's not just a fight for territory...their leader wants something...he wanted your females first, then you and now he's ensuring only the strong survive in his pack." The smell of her body was strong and he had to fight hard not to lose focus. "You want to take this pack down, so do I...we just need information."

"NO!" She roared at him as she kicked him off of her. Jumping to her feet snarling at him. "I already told you what the plan was! Also he came after me!" Her hackles were up bu tthe fighting drew attention as a large gray werewolf tackled her to the ground with his mouth around her throat. She struggled as a blonde haired man laughed as he transformed slowly into his large reddish brown form.

"Who knew a alpha female who'd refuse a mate is so noisey to attract attention." He chuckled as he was bit bigger than Joe. Without a word the gray wolf gathered Lillian up even if she struggled in his arms and he took her down to the town. "I gave her a choice and yet she refused me. I won't give her another chance. Thank you for bringing the bitch back."

Joe bared his teeth and lunged not at the blonde man but at the grey werewolf carrying Lillian off. His teeth sunk into the back of his knee as Joe's arms pulled the werewolf to the ground. He hoped that he wouldn't have been able to take the weight of both Lillian and Joe and he was right. Joe got up and tore the werewolve's arms away from Lillian, freeing her. He stood his full height by her side and looked down at Lillian before turning to the other, reddish-brown, male werewolf. "Who said I was bringing her back?" Joe grinned, wiping blood from his lips with the back of his hand.

He rolled his eyes as he turned seeing Lillian being yanked out of Joe's reach. "The way you two were fighting sounds like a male taking a female who isn't in heat yet."

Lillian laid her ears back as the male Joe attacked was hurt with him pushing Lillian back.

"Theres nothing special going on just thinning out the pack and making room." He chimed in as he looked to Lillian seeing she was forced to walk as her long hair was grabbed. "HEY! Leave the hair alone. I'm the only one who gets to pull it." He barked at his minion but looked to Joe. "Go run to your mommy, Pup." He turned following the pair.

"GOD DAMN IT JOE!" Lillian yelled out knowing she couldn't get free but she struggled to get loose then finally she did. Her fangs dug deep into the large male's throat tearing it out then took off before she was caught. Her heart was racing as her eyes was watering with tears. She ran long and hard until she thought she was alone.

"LILLIAN!" Joe yelled after her, slicing at the blonde male's eyes before tearing off to follow Lillian.
It was hard to keep up with her, she was fast, faster than most, that much was true. But his nose was what helped him, he knew her smell and so he followed it for as long as he could. It was getting stronger, clearly she had slowed down. He found his way towards her and approached Lillian slowly. "Are you all right?" He asked quietly, walking closer to her. "They didn't reopen any wounds or...give you new ones?" he asked tentatively. He knew Lillian wouldn't like his presence, in fact it was Joe's fault that the two of them had been attacked in the first place.

Lillian stood there shaking as tears rolled down her cheeks with her transforming back to her human form. When Joe approached he turned around facing him. "No!" She snapped at him as she shook her head. Her mind was swarming with Joe doubting her, wanting to save one of them and him jumping her. Suddenly her knees buckled as she curled up in a ball with her head tucked under her hands. A part of her wanted Joe gone and yet he's been there helping her. Hunched over with her body shaking under his eyes.

"Listen, Lillian..." Joe said, walking closer to her, changing back into human for as well. He wanted Lillian to know that he was on her side. "Lillian...I made a mistake, I didn't want to take things too far but I thought that force was what you responded to...I felt that...that maybe it wasn't right for us to just sit by and let those wolves get killed, that we ought to do something about it and show that we are different from that pack, let them understand that we've not like them at all." He knelt by her body and placed his hands gently on her shoulders. "I'm sorry..." He whispered to her.

Joe sighed and sat by her side in the dirt, looking up at the moon. "Lillian...when I saw what they were doing...my hatred for them, it's so much that I immediately want to do the complete opposite of what they're doing, so I wanted to save those wolves-and who knows, maybe even get something useful out of it, information or ideas of what that pack is up to." He pulled her coser to him, hugging her against his bare chest. "I should have respected you though...you are our leader after all." He whispered in her ear. "I'm sorry."

When he pulled her into his chest and said she was 'our' leader it struck a nerve. "The way you acted...I wasn't your leader." She said in a cold tone with her glaring at him. "I told you what was going to happen and yet you went against me and fought me." She said as she kicked free of him with her standing up looking down at him.

"We don't know what sickness they have! Yet you want to save one of them and infect the rest of us?!" She was trying to keep from yelling at him. "I WANT TO KILL EVERY ONE OF THOSE SON OF BITCHES FOR WHAT THEY'VE DONE!" She was panting now with her eyes flashing red as she was dangerously close to losing control of her wolf side. "Yet I didn't go down there and kill them. I'm not interferring with their doing. I'm observing what is going on..."

"Calm down, Lillian." Joe said, standing up. He wasn't going to back down, he couldn't show weakness, he wouldn't. "Just because I ave a leader doesn't mean I'd blindly follow the person! If you jumped off a cliff I wouldn't do it! Wouldn't you rather have followers who used their brains instead of just stupidly doing whatever you say? You should expect us to think for ourselves!" He was on the verge of shouting too, but he only used a firm tone.

"I won't sit around and just do nothing, I want them dead too and I want us to have the advantage all the time, getting information from one of the wolves' lips would be perfect. We could ambush them, cut off any wolves that were alone. What you and I saw was the pack betraying its own members! We wouldn't do that! Would we, Lillian?! Tell me truthfully, would you kill your own pack just for being sick?!"

Growling at this point as her fangs were coming in now. "I expect you to shut up and listen to what I have to say! NOT ASSUME I WANT THE WORSE FOR US!!!!" Wincing as she bit her lower lip where it was bleeding. Turning away from him as she didnt want him near her. "I wouldn't have harmed anyone. Why do you think I watched? Losing Larry when I couldn't do anything and yet I was the alpha. With you attacking me...Makes me wonder if anyone believes I can do anything."

Her hand pressed into her blood stained fangs having them shrink to their normal size. She was calming down now from tasting blood at least it was her own blood. "What would make you think I'd respond to force?" She asked looking at him with calmyet hurt eyes she had wanted to ask him why wouldn't he shut up and listen. If he thought she was an awful alpha then he's more than welcomed to take her place and she'd take off. "An alpha looks after their own. That is what I plan on doing." She said as she walked away from him heading back home. She had enough of trying to get him to listen when he wouldn't. She felt like she was repeating herself and she hated that.

Joe pursed his lips and watched Lillian walk off. His eyes never left her until she was clearly out of sight. He didn't think she was weak, and he thought that she would make a great alpha, it was just that sometimes he felt a little strongly about things and so he acted upon them.

Joe didn't return to the house that night. He stayed in the forest, climbing up trees and staying in them all night, allowing the large, strong branches to hold his weight. The last thing he saw before he closed his eyes to sleep was the moon and stars shining brightly above him. He hadn't wanted the night to go like this, never like this.

He woke up late the next day, it must have been afternoon. Still he didn't go back to the house. He remained outside until evening, just staying and thinking on his own. Finally, at dusk once more he moved off and went back to where he and Lillian had seen the other werewolves last night. The bodies were gone but there was blood all over the ground. He scowled and moved off, here was no saving any of them. Still he didn't return home. He found a nearby lake and dove into the water in his wolf form, hoping to eat fish for dinner.

Lillian did return to the house but for the night. When morning came she was out thinking the pack would behave while she found a spot in the trees watching the pack that did damage to her and the others. The scent of blood was still strong yet there was some activity though she caught Joe's scent. Flinching at the thought of him nearby the area but she kept her eyes on the town. "What are you guys up to..." She said softly seeing unknown werewolves entering the town as they were weaker or slender. They slipped inside a warehouse where it seemed to be heavily guarded. Though she wondered why were the women forced to mate while she was given a choice.

This had a mark of breeding farm and human trafficking then perhaps mutations. Jumping down from her branch she walked down the unknown path thinking of heading home but she decided to tell or let Joesph in on what she found. He was still part of the pack even if he hadn't been back in days. Finding his scent she followed it to the lake where she stood on the shore letting his fish.

Back
Top Bottom