Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Dark Moon [Vampire07 & Eyesoffire]

Eyesoffire

Anything for that Elusive Feeling
It wasn't long before everything became clear. Joseph could hear them moving about, and smell them even better. Two groups, one smaller than the other. His wolves were circling around the town, only the strongest of the males had survived the pack and after a few days rest they had been able to heal up before getting on this counter-attack. There were two guards. Joe turned to his right, beside him was Malik, a short, lean werewolf but as fast as lightening, to his other side was Dustin, an average-sized wolf but with a thirst for battle. It was hard to get him to understand that it was safer to rest up after the enemy pack had taken their females. Dustin wanted to charge right back in, despite the fact that he'd lost an eye already.

But it was their chance now, their chance to save their females. There were only 15 of them, the enemy pack had more then 30 males, all of them healthy and strong.
A new scent hit him, a familiar one, it came from the centre of town, a female's one he'd known only by sight and reputation. She was the strongest in their pack and Joseph knew that if she stayed here for long the alpha male of the enemy pack would take her as his own. Dustin and Malik were focused on the guards, they hadn't picked up her scent. "Now." Joseph whispered and Malik took off. The small werewolf had already sunk his teeth into the enemy pack member's neck by the time Dustin was halfway to his own prey.

Joseph tore through the town, following that scent, he weaved in between houses and buildings, kicking up dirt as he sprinted on all four legs straight to the female. He saw his other pack members surprise the enemy pack, killing two more before he got to the woman he was looking for. She was bound by chains to a metal post, they'd kept her weak so she couldn't transform and break free. Behind him, he heard Dustin's howl as he broke into another house, the scent of females was heavy from that house. Good, they'd rescue more than just one tonight.
Joe broke the chains that secured the female werewolf. He held out his hand. "Come with me...quickly, we're not out of this yet."

Earlier that year her father died and she was only offspring of his so she inherited the title Alpha of her pack. The male of the other one demanded she'd mate with him. In reality she wasn't interested in mating as sshe was busy trying to find her path as alpha. Lillian wasn't slender as she had perky breasts and slender strong legs. After refusing to be taken she was chained down with a chain wrapped around her muzzle. All of the females were collared and brought to the center where the Alpha would ask her everyday until it was 2 weeks if she'd be his mate. Everyday was a no and a beating until she passed out.

This night she was free with her bloody, stained, soft skin was released by Joesph. A man she only seen but never talked to. Her leg was broken as her eyes were nearly swollen shut. One of the members of his unit rushed over covering Joesph's back as he carried Lillian out of the danger zones with the females. The other pack who was equal in their strength were considered outsiders to Joesph and Lillian's pack.

The females were taken to a large building within their territory, where they were being taken care of. Lillian was brought there as her long dark brown hair was matted and greasy. She hadn't bathed in weeks but her bones were resetted and her wounds were taken care off. Though she was left on a cot with ice packs on her eyes. It seemed the terror was over as she could hear in the distance they were getting their homes back.

Joe was breathing audibly as he watched the other werewolves take care of the bruised and bloody females. It had been a long run back to their territory and it was made all the harder as the remaining members of the enemy pack were still on their heels. Malik, Dustin and the other males grouped around, talking quietly. Malik laughed when Joe approached. "What is it?" Joe said, his black hair shiny with sweat as his toned human chest heaved up and down as he tried to regain his breathing. "We killed only 4 of them..." Malik replied. "Didn't lose anyone but Dustin here claimed those four were all his."
"They were! All of them!" Dustin yelled and slashed the air with his bloody claws. "Calm down." Joe demanded, raising his hand, palm up. "We've had enough fighting for a while. We've got back some of the females but there are still a few more...and our own pride to win back..." Joe looked Dustin in the eye, "You'll get your chance at their throats once again."

"Go off and do your own thing, I'm going to check up on the females..." Joe commanded the pack before turning on them to walk into Lillian's room.

Lillian didn't like being down on her back but she reached up with her bloody left hand taking the ice pack off her eyes as she heard someone yelling. Though she winced when the door to her room opened. Blinking her eyes to see it was Joesph but she didn't know his name.

"Who are you?" She asked as she knew she couldn't sit up but her clothes had been removed while she was beaten and a thick blanket been laid over her naked form. Her eyes hurt along with every thing else on her body. She took a deep breath and flinched at her own stentch. "Damn! I need to bathe." She said with a weak laugh.

Joe smiled as he crouched down next to her bed. At least she still had a sense of humour, that much he was thankful for. He had known of Lillian for a while, sure he'd never spoken to her but the daughter of the alpha of the pack was not someone a male easily forgot.
"Good to know you're not in a totally bad mood after what just happened." He said softly, he didn't want to give her a headache. "Sorry it couldn't have happened sooner, it took a while to get the rest of the pack calmed down and organized."

Joseph dared to move a little closer to Lillian. He knew that if he wanted to she could command the pack to kill him right at this moment, but he liked taking risks. "My name is Joseph, or Joe. I...lead the attack tonight, got you and 5 other females out of there...just so you wouldn't be alone." He smiled and winked at Lillian. "I know who you are, how could I not? Your father had lead this pack to greatness, it would have been foolish to just let his only daughter rot as a slave to those...monsters." Joe sighed. "Is there anything you need?"

Lillian laid there listening to him but watched him as he moved closer to her. She had her fill of males to last her for abit of time. Though she had to admit she was often curious about him but never did anything as she was often being taught. "Its nice to finally get your name." She moved her foot across her leg feeling a split was on it. Groaning as she looked away from him.

"How bad was I?" She said with her looking about the room as it was dark and the windows were covered up and she was alone in this small room. "Which pack did you get to help you? The last few things I remembered was they got agressive and began taking us and anyone of the males who stood up to them were beaten."

"No packs been helping us..." Joe admitted. "It was just the males you know." He said a little quieter than he intended. He wanted to get help but Joe wasn't anyone who had any status, he was a nobody really, the only reason he'd come to the forefront of all of this was because he had the best plan the other night, and so far it had worked. That gave him more confidence but that didn't mean any of the other packs in the area knew of him. "You don't need to keep talking if you don't want to, Lillian." Joe said, then sighed as he reflected on the question of her condition.

"Not good, your leg's broken, not sure ow' you're seeing out of those swollen eyes and I know that there are several deep cuts on your back and even some teeth marks on your neck." Joe wanted to instantly heal her quickly, but there was no way to do so, she'd have to rely on the werewolf healing factor, but er wounds were not shallow by any means. "You'll make it though. Just rest."

Lillian groaned from hearing how bad she was off. "The other girls? I heard some shouting but they couldn't talk to me when I did see them." She said with her replacing the ice pack over her eyes but one of the men walked to Joe and tapped his shoulder. He placed his finger over his lips to tell him not to say a word about the girls, yet. Though Travis, a red haired werewolf beckoned him out of the room.

Once Joe got free from Lillian and had shut the door Travis gave Joe the bad news about the attack and results. "Larry's dead. He was ambushed and we buried him in our plot. Though our girls weren't the only ones they've kidnapped. We found five more and three of them are pregnant from being raped and so is one of ours...Its Larry's mate. We allowed the other females to stay so they can decided to make their own or stay with us. In reality its up to Lillian to allow them into our pack."

Joe slouched a little at the news, in his mind it was important to make the decision of whether or not these other females would be staying with them, but he knew Lillian was in no state to make tat call, it would have to be done later. "Take care of all of them, especially Larry's female...she can decide what she wants to do with the child. Lillian just needs a few day's rest and she'll be back to normal. Travis, take care of her, and come to me if there is any trouble with the other females. I don't want this small group to be torn apart over this, if the other pack comes to kill us we'll need to fight, all of us." He nodded to Travis and walked off, intent on figuring all of this out with Lillian's help.

Joe made for his room and lay on his bed, thinking about Lillian until his eyelids grew heavy and he shut his eyes to sleep.

Travis directed the males to cover their small area as he made sure the females were alright. Days went by as Lillian was able to see and move abit. With time she managed to get cleaned up and her wounds had healed half way. Dressed in loose sweat pants and a wife beater shirt she limped among the pack hearing of the females who weren't part of their pack. Larry's mate decided to abort the child which is her call but Lillian thought for awhile about letting the five other women to stay with them.

"I'm going to allow them to stay. They have nowhere to go and sadly their children may be strong and we need that." She told Travis who went to tell the other females while Lillian sat outside under the hot sun which felt good to her even if her skin was sensative and could barely hold a tan. Trembling as goosebumps ran over her skin but she hadn't seen Joesph for abit.

Joseph was sitting on the roof of the building, looking out upon the sunny day, he could smell Lillian, she smelt better, much stronger than she had been when they first met. He moved to the edge of the rooftop and dropped the apple core he was eating so it would land right beside her. He grinned down before jumping off and landing on his hands and feet in a cloud of dust by her other side. "Hope the apple didn't scare you." he teased. His eyes roamed up and down her body. "You're looking much better." He said, squinting in the sun. "I heard what you said about the other females. That was nice of you...not sure what pack they're from...though." He said quietly.

"You've got goosebumps." Joe said, grinning a little. "Something making you nervous?" It should have been him who was nervous. He could tell Lillian was strong, despite her slender build, in her other from she must be something to be feared and Joe was sure he didn't want to be on the other side of that. "Is it me?" He asked, knowing that maybe, just maybe he was pushing things.

Lillian jumped when the apple core landed close to her but she looked up then noticed it was Joesph. Sighing as she reached down rubbing her bandaged leg. "I didn't notice them but the other girls had..." She said as she sat there looking out over the fields ahead of them. "Their pack was destroyed from what I heard." Looking over at him as he asked if it was him who scared her.

"Its nice and warm out here." With him seeming somewhat eager to know if it was him that made her nervous. She may have misread him. Slowly she got to her feet wincing. "You seem eager to rattle me. I was beaten every day for what may have been a month. Why do you think you make me nervous?"

"Just wondering, that's all...no intention of scaring you...maybe with the occasional apple core now and then." e grinned slyly. Joe stayed by her side as she got up. "So, this'll all go back to you I suppose. He pointed at the other members of their pack, moving things in the building, food and clothing, medical supplies. "Took good care of it for you...just make sure you don't mess it up, eh?" e said jokingly.

"How'd you feel, by the way? Everything still aching from head to foot, or are you feeling like your old self again, Lillian?" He said quietly, a hint of a grin still on his face. "I only ask cause I'd like to see how badass of a wolf you really are." There was certainly encouragement in his smile towards her. "Cause I know you'll be wanting revenge for what they did to you and your pack."

Lillian smirked at him. "I still hurt like hell still. If I do decide to get revenge you nor any one else will know it." She said with her looking at him. Though she turned looking at the others knowing she couldn't help protect them in this state. "Actually you're going to lead them until I'm in better condition." Smiling softly at him.

"I'm heading inside to get something to eat. Mind joining me? Only if you promise not to fling apples at me." Laughing softly as she limped inside knowing for werewolves the bones were last to heal and the process was painful. If the bones weren't set the body would force the bone back in line with the muscles contricting and stay constricted as the bone was stubborn. Thankfully whoever tended to her broken leg set it then bandage it to where her body had to worry about one thing, heal. Getting to the kitchen seeing it was lively but she walked by it to the dinning room seeing there was a large buffet. "I guess they didn't want to cook indiviual meals." Grabbing a plate she loaded it up with eggs, biscuits and bacon and also fruits.

"The one thing we have is food." Joe said, grabbing a plate right behind Lillian. "When they attacked us, it seemed like they only wanted to go for the pack itself, not it's supplies or anything else. Like they only wanted to kill and capture, that's all..." Joe found it strange that even after they knew survivors had fled they didn't put the place to the torch. "Still, food is better than nothing, it'll help us more than we know." Joe piled his plate with bread, eggs and a piece of pork next to some vegetables.

e sat down beside Lillian and poked at his bread with a fork unenthusiastically. "They're not going to like the fact that I'm in charge now that you're able to walk." He said to Lillian before putting an egg in his mouth. "They'll want to know why and of course the other females, the new ones, they're going to want to understand what's going on here." He saw Dustin walk by the doorway of the dining hall. "And that one there." Joe pointed is fork and Dustin. "He could potentially be trouble. We can't stand to lose more pack members." Joe looked sideways at Lillian. "I'll just have to keep him down...won't I?" He said.

"Lose members?" She asked as she wasn't alerted about Larry's death. "What are you talking about?" She didn't take one bite of her food when he started talking. "What aren't you telling me?" She asked with her reaching out grabbing his arm with her claws coming out and sinking into his flesh.

She couldn't stand the thought of her being a fresh Alpha and already losing those she promised to help keep alive. This pack was a family either by blood or bond. They hunted, friendly competing and protected eachother when they were children. Attending high school in a new area was odd but they stayed together expect for the few who fell for the humans. There been times they brought their half human children there and they respected their choices for mates. Her father welcomed the humans in their culture so they didn't feel threaten about their children. Her father knew mothers tend to be alone with children and often he spoke that it took a village to raise a child.

Joe winced as he felt Lillian's claws dig deeper. He wondered whether or not it would be wise to tell Lillian about Larry and his mate. He pulled his arm away from Lillian's claws. It was bleeding freely. "We lost Larry." He said, rubbing his hand over the wounds in his arm. "I wanted to tell you when you were fully recovered but you seem fine enough now." He looked down at the claw marks on his skin. "Larry's mate was pregnant because they had raped her...she decided to abort the child. I left it all up to her, the females, they're pregnant too, if you already didn't know. You're saving more than just the female's lives." He looked at Lillian long and hard. "Larry's death was my burden to bear, you shouldn't have been told so soon...he's been buried and his mate is safe now..."

Her eyes went wide as the color drained from her face. Feeling sick she pushed the plate away and rushed to get to her feet to see for herself but her leg hit the chair. The pain shot through her making her buckle under it. Falling to the floor as tears of pain escaped from teh corner of her eyes.

"GOD DAMN IT!" She rarely cursed so for her to curse meant she was in serious pain. She held herself up as the room was spinning with the pain being great to the point she was going to pass out. Her vision went dark with her hand reaching out to grab hold of something to pull herself up. Unable to hold on to the table with her face turning green as she was suddenly sick to her stomach now. Her mind was clouded with worry now as she was in unfamliar territory since she didn't know what to do about losing a member and now she had to tend to the emotion state of those who were raped.

Joe stood up and lifted Lillian off the table. He carried her back to her room. "Sorry, Lillian." He said as he walked, holding her in his strong arms. He placed her on the bed and sat by her side again. "I should have known better." He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "I should have know that you'd beat yourself up like this...and in your condition too." He shook his head. Joe had as much to learn about leading a pack as Lillian did. He stood up and pulled the blanket over her. "You can get out if you like." He said, turning to face her. "Walk around, think on this." He lowered himself over her and placed his hands on her shoulders, keeping her pinned to the bed. "But if I see you beating yourself up over this again, getting hurt and swearing then, as temporary alpha of this pack, I will keep you restrained." He stared into her eyes, not afraid of what might happen to him, even if she could claw at him from here, he kept her down. "Do you understand?"

Lillian didn't fight as he picked her up in his arms and carried her delicately. The males looked worried at her as some followed with the females who didn't like to look to weak.

When they were alone her pillow felt so soft an inviting to her spinning head. Looking up at Joesph as he pinned her down in her bed. Reaching up she swatted his cheek gently. "I accidently hit my leg, silly wolf." She said as her hand fell from his cheek to her stomach. "Also I asked what happened so in a way its my fault. I didn't think this would happen when I became alpha." She said weakly with her shifting under his hands. "Perhaps I'm pushing myself to hard and my body can't keep up. I think you taking over for me until I'm healed is the best choice I made." She smiled up at him with her blue eyes looking into his own.

Joe huffed. He let go of her shoulders. "All right...just making sure." He straightened up and walked towards the door, opened it and turned to look back at Lillian before leaving. "Get well soon." He said and walked out.

A few more days passed and Joe had been getting things organized. The females were the most important part. Many of the males didn't have mates and the females looked open to them. Joe had to ensure that they were off limits at this point since they were in a delicate situation. Luckily Malik was there to help him enforce things. Dustin was causing trouble at every point he could, it wasn't much but Joe was beginning to get tired of him. He even once threatened to run back to the town by himself to slay the rest. Joe had to put a stop to this immediately, things settled down but he knew Dustin would act up again.
Joe hoped that Lillian would be out soon, fully healed and ready to take part in avenging all the losses that had been dealt to this pack by the enemy.

While Joe was attending to the others one of the women or females was keeping her alert on what was happening. Once she was healed completely she walked out and stood in the shadows seeing dustin was creaating trouble once more trying to get others to join him. Once she noticed they were just a push to send them over the edge she leaped at Dustin with her form transforming to her snow white humaniod form. Her jaw went around Dustin's throat, growling. Her bright blue eyes flashed dangerously as she looked to the others seeing them backing off and Dustin whimpered softly.

Shortly Lillian releasd him and transformed back to her human form with her wearing a pair of gym shorts and a sports bra. "ENOUGH! Dustin, you don't decide if or we ever attack. If you start this bullshit again you're going to be an omega...The lowest of the low...Got me?" She watch him nod with blood trickling down his neck. Standing strong on her once broke leg she looked around seeing the males keeping their distance.

"You're looking better." Joe said, walking out of his room one day as Lillian was moving about freely now. "I heard you gave Dustin a mouthful and he began to whimper like some pup." Joe smiled. It had been a very, very long time since anyone had heard of Dustin whimpering, not since he actually was a pup. In the pack's eyes this clearly made Lillian the alpha. Joe knew that he'd have to step down now, and he was fine with that. "I need to tell you a few things. Some of the males seem eager to take those new females as mates, not sure how you feel about that but I didn't let anything happen until you felt better. There have been no reports of the enemy pack for the last few weeks, so tat put ease on my mind and lastly, well...it also makes things a little bad...we don't know what they're up to."

Joe walked up to Lillian, e place a hand on her shoulder and smiled. "I'm glad you're back, Lillian."

Listening to him quietly as she was shocked the men were wanting the women. "That tells me the men will over look that they are pregnant and will help raise the pups when and if they are born alive." She said with her linking her arm with his own having him walk outside with her seeing their small town was buzzing with life. "As for the men wanting them as mates...I'm not sure. I know when a woman is raped she goes through a withdrawal and naturally doesn't trust other men for the fear of being hurt." She said then looked at him with a slight laugh.

"Mom made sure we all got an education which Father enforced it because of her." Looking out seeing the new females were interacting with those of their pack but when a man walked to them they shyed away from him. "You know the men better than I do but I want you to tell them none of the females are avaliable as of right now. Allow the women to come around then we will revisit the idea. From what I've heard those new women are keeping the pups they have. So I imagine in about a few months to a year then they may be ready to move on. BUT to make it go faster have the men become friends with them. Just friends then allow the women to come to them."

Joe looked down at their linked arms, he realized that e enjoyed the touch of her skin against his own. His eyes moved up her body to Lillian's face. He gave a slight nod to her requests. "Makes sense. I'll make sure all the men know exactly what's going on, how to treat them and ensure that they understand what the women are going through."
He'd have to do so, Lillian didn't know the males like he did, he'd gotten them in line before, he could do it again. "And what about you, are you ready for a male...a mate?" he asked, still looking at Lillian. He knew she was alpha here, as e'd been once and he knew that getting on the wrong side of her could have him end up like Dustin, but he didn't budge from his comment, he just continued to look at Lillian, wondering.

Back
Top Bottom