Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

have you ever.

Not really since high school...many many moons ago. I generally have just rolled with any changes in appearance, but try to be the best version of myself that I can in my adult life. Moping about any details of oneself seems silly to me. There's already enough outside influences trying to shift self perceptions to the negative in this drama of life. You don't need the calls coming from inside the house too, so to speak.

I want to know mOaR about books from folks. Has a book ever changed your life?

392506.jpg

"Write. Write until it stops hurting."​

"I have always been tormented by the image of multiplicity of selves. Some days I call it richness, and other days I see it as a disease, a proliferation as dangerous as cancer. My first concept about people around me was that all of them were coordinated into a whole, whereas I was made of multitude of selves, of fragments."

"There were always in me, two women at least, one woman desperate and bewildered, who felt she was drowning and another who would leap into a scene, as upon a stage, conceal her true emotions because they were weaknesses, helplessness, despair, and present to the world only a smile, an eagerness, curiosity, enthusiasm, interest."​

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

"Don't wait for it,' I said. 'Create a world, your world. Alone. Stand alone. Create. And then the love will come to you, then it comes to you. It was only when I wrote my first book that the world I wanted to live in opened up to me."​

"I have forgotten my mask and my face was in it."
Anaïs Nin
Have you ever experienced déjà vu?

Frequently. No indication of when it's going to strike me, but I'll be performing a task and I'll suddenly get this feeling - to me it's a combination of "have I done this before" and "I'm outside my own body watching myself do it". Weird feeling.

Segue into: have you have had something close to an out-of-body experience?

More or less. When I was little, I had a heart exam where I was sedated. Years later, my mother told me that after the examination, when I was awake again, I told her she didn't have to worry about me. Because I had been safe during the examination. My guardian angel had picked me up and we went for a walk until everything was over. I don't remember that, but my mother says that's what I told her right after I woke up. I was three.

Have you ever been in a dangerous situation?

Several. Almost have fallen off a cliff while moving - passing through Mt. Shasta. Been in a knife fight, been choked out randomly at work, and been a customer in a store as it was being robbed. There's probably more, but those things stuck the most.

Have you ever had a moment that made you question existence?

Often, actually. When I notice something like a tree or fire hydrant that suddenly pops up on my normal routes, I question if it's always been there & I'm oblivious to it, or if I've somehow crossed the multiverse.

Have you ever gotten a ticket or warning for something stupid?

Nope, I am a law abiding kitty!

Have you ever given first aid to someone in a life-threathening situation?

Too many times to count! It's part of my job, and I am happy to report that I have never been unsuccessful.

Have you ever depended on someone else in a life-threatening situation?

Yes. My uncle once rescued me from drowning at the beach when I was eight. Swam out too far and was almost pulled under.

Have you ever gone back and completed a video game you didn't finish the first time?

Yeah. I just beat Skyrim this year.

Is there a movie you believe everyone else but you have seen?

Hmm. I'm sure there is but for the life of me, I don't know what. Perhaps The Secret Life of Pets 1 and 2? Haven't seen those.

Have you ever attended a wedding and if so, for whom and how did it go?

Several, not least being my own. :) Most recent was my niece's wedding; it was okay, as weddings go; lasted for about 6-7 hours all-up.

Have you ever wondered what dinosaurs were really like?

I didn't particularly want to own an exotic animal for a pet, but I've got one: a rabbit. I wanted to name him Stuart (Stu for short), but I got overrules. >.>

Passing it on.

yep.
i'm actually a hypnotherapist ... There is a lot of ignorance and prejudice around hypnosis.
It is a cool experience, very enlightning. Not much different than a deep meditation ... you'll remember everything, be in control, just REALLY relaxed and into the moment, getting access to memories and feeling you didn't know you had.
Anyway, I recommend.

Do you have any traumas or traumatic experiences that prevents you to do stuff you'd like to do?

Yes. I was born with a heart defect and had to undergo many examinations in my early childhood. Often they had to take blood from me. Since I didn't want to be pricked by those needles, I resisted fiercely and they had to hold me down. Four people held my limbs and the fifth took the blood. That traumatized me and now I'm still afraid of needles and doctor visits in general.
I would love to get some piercings, but I'm terrified of that needle, so I've never dared to do it, and probably never will.

Have you ever ridden an elephant?

Last edited:
Unlimited knowledge, though it is "have you ever" in this thread so I will rephrase for the next participant:

Have you ever wished you had either unlimited knowledge or unlimited money? One or the other, not both, out of curiosity.

With the knowledge, one would not have want of the money. I have always wished to know the deepest fundamentals and secrets of reality, even if knowing those things potentially drove me bananas, I was sworn to secrecy, or whatever else came with it.

Have you ever given a thoughtful compliment to a complete stranger with no incentive OR have you ever disliked a complete stranger for no reason at all?

One time I was shopping at my local mall and kept bumping into the same, random girl. She was wicked cute & had really nice style so I complimented her I think the third time I came across her. She immediately beamed and gushed about her outfit and how much the compliment meant. I kinda fell in love.

Have you ever given someone a compliment and then regretted it because of their response?

No, I don't think so.

Have you ever eaten so much ice cream that you ended up with that so called "brain freeze"?

Back
Top Bottom