Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeons and Dragons (DnD) 3.5, anyone? : Campaign, Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balmung's face turned a bit red.. "O-of course.." He stammered, a small laugh escaping his lips as Reina smiled.

"He's got a terrible poker face, huh? Well, at least I have an idea now..." She spoke softly to Ber'nia

DM: Upon reaching the gates of Evermor, which the party is particularly grateful to see, Viviane makes sure to let everyone know where the inn they were staying at was. As they walk into town, they overhear the guards chatting amongst themselves. You can tell one of them was a senior guard because he didn't wear knee guards anymore.
"Hey Joel, didja hear? Major Baddass is in town," one of the regular guard said.
"Major who?" a clearly green and inexperienced one asked, perplexed.
"Major Sevar Kaden a'the Imperial Army. One'a them Left-Hand Elfs. Lived through a lotta wars, so the people started callin' th' shmuck Major Baddass," the senior guard grunted out.
The greenhorn was wowed.

Balmung chuckled a bit at the guards, but continued onward to the church. Right now, he had one thing on his mind-- one thing he felt he must do.
--
Reina looked at Ber'nia in surprise. "How do I go about it? I mean, I got him to stay in the same room with me.. But I don't even know if he HAS a weak point when it comes to that, let alone what it is..." She sighed and smiled. "I guess I'll have to try and figure it out. Any way you would have any clues, by chance?"

Lios raises the hood on his priestly robes to shadow his face. He didn't want to get stopped on the way to Balmung's spritual healing. After all, just about EVERYONE in High Rock knew what he looked like. The people of Evermor even considered him their hero! .... Although, it wasn't completely unwarranted. He did kind of rally the people to take care of a powerful necromancer hiding in their city, which he took care of in the end by dropping a house on. .... He didn't like talking about that part.

Viviane follows Lios to keep an eye on him, intending to not let him get kidnapped again.

Paul follows the group quietly, Volmar at his side, until they either reach the Church of Stendarr, or pass a place devoted to Kynareth.

Ber'nia follows with the group, her ears perked up as she looks around, taking in this new city.

DM: Paul ends up wandering, unable to find the place on his own.... for now.

This city was... open. Very open. The streets were wide and clean, the buildings short and close together. Parkour (Free Running) would be easy here, although anything resembling a straight line through would be impossible due to the wide streets.
It is a Very Populated City. As of the time of the Dragonborn, Whiterun housed almost 4,500 people. It had grown since then to have just under 11,000... and this city was larger. People, horses, merchant carts and carriages were everywhere on the ground level, and there were plenty of people on the staggered walls and roofs, too. The city's architecture looks very Renaissance Italy, once you get past the high walls made of stone wood surrounding the city. There is a ring of 12 towers halfway into the center of the city, making a good watchtowers for the guard.

There are people of all types in the city too. Bretons, Altmer, Buhrasiit, Nords, Khajiit, Redguard, Roviit, Imperials, and even a few Lilmothiit! Cultural flavors mixed, the scents of spices, fresh fish, fruit, and vegatable on the air. From the flower seller to the jewel merchant... It was quite a sight. Such was the main street of Evermor.

The Shrine of Stendarr is in the heart of town, as this town worships Zenithar, Stendarr, and Dibella over the other of the 9 Divines.

Paul walks over to a guard after a bit of wandering and exploring the city. "Excuse me, but could you direct me to either a Mage's Guild or a place devoted to (Divine of Magic)?" Paul asks a guard who doesn't look busy.

Balmung nodded to himself as he started on his way to the Shrine, wondering if the others would still follow. It was, after all, a large town. And he wouldn't be able to blame them if they found something else. Reina stayed close to him, trying to figure out a plan for afterward, wanting Lios' help with the endeavor, but respecting his wishes.

Ber'nia followed Balmung as well, wanting to support her comrade and also not knowing where else she would go in such a large city.

DM: The inside of the Temple of Stendarr... was plain. Made of rock, with wooden benches and pillars... it looked like something out of 4th Era Skyrim. Very minimalist. As you enter there is a man kneeling to the simple shrine in the back. The follower is heard praying. "Come to me, Stendarr, for without you, I might be deaf to the manswarm murmurings of thy people, and forgetting their need for comfort and wisdom, I might indulge myself in vain scribbling."

He smiled and headed inside, and after letting the man finish, he got on his knees to pray, laughing at himself a bit. "Hey... I'll be honest. I'm no holy man. I have no idea how to praise you. I don't know how to ask you for something, or give you something that will please you? How do you even please a Divine in the first place? Anyway... My name is Balmung. You already know where I'm from, and all that jazz... So I'll cut to the chase. I've been living trying to shoulder my village's sin, and I know now that I have no business doing so. I know that they couldn't push their wrongdoings on me, and vise versa. So I pray you will be merciful to them, despite what they did to me, and others, and bless my friends and companions as I start a new path for myself. Where it will lead- I don't know. But I pray for your protection." (Diplomacy 30, knowledge religion 19)

DM: Stendarr's shrine lights up with a Holy Aura... then Balmung feels it. Acceptance, Forgiveness, Relief... Mercy, the very thing Stendarr governed. With these emotions came information. Knowledge, and skill... Stendarr had blessed him. It have given him power, and some feelings (most likely as a message), but no words.

As the Holy light dies down, so do the emotions imparted on him.... but the power stayed.

Sevar stood gazing out among the crowd, He was known, not only for his actions but his abilities as well. Almost every man woman and child in Tamriel knew of him. "Ladies and Gentlemen of the fine city of Evermore, how are we all doing this blessed day?" the cheers of the people reached his ears, and he smiled. "Who would like Demonstration From Major Badass?" with hundreds of cheers and pleads coming to him he began a demonstration of his abilities. (jump 30, climb 31, balance 39, tumble 28, in the form of flips, fancy foot, and martial prowess)

He quivers a bit at the sensation, then stands up, with a deep exhale. "I..I think we're done here," He spoke calmly as he turned to his friends, his voice softer and lighter than before. If you looked into his eyes, you could see a change even there... Perhaps to his very soul. Reina returned his smile, a tint of red in her cheeks, glad that he was finally able to let go. "So we'll stay here for a while, then go to Daggerfall, and hopefully my brother's induction and marriage ceremony, right? It's hard to tell the Jarl-to-be 'No', after all."

Ber'nia grabbed Reina and Balmung and swept them up into a hug, seeing both of them looking happy. "That's great. We should go celebrate." She suggested, still hugging the two of them.

(Slight Backtrack)
Paul looked at the demonstration with a casual eye as he wandered the city. It was pretty good. This 'Major Badass' seemed skilled. He hadn't heard of him, but Paul spent most of his life wandering the roads or wilderness. It didn't surprise him that he hadn't heard of the man.

Lios interupts gently. "Yes. That sounds good. And we can stay three or four days, as I must go to the Church of Dibella this evening. ... Also, only those in Skyrim call their Kings 'Jarls.'" He says, unable to resist teasing the poor girl.

"I'll buy. I'm feeling pretty good!" He laughed happily, hugging her back, Reina doing the same.

"Oh shush, you knew exactly what I meant! Being the Jarl of Solitude is a big deal!" She chimed. "Anyway, let's go celebrate!"

Lios excused himself, as he needed to go check in with his Church. "Ber'nia, Viviane. Would you like to come with me?" he asks politely.
Fortunately, they were already in the heart of the city, and it would not take long to get there.

"Of course I will come." Ber'nia replies. She was curious to see the church which Lios was devoted to.

Lios hadn't expected it, but Balmung and Reina decided to come too. With the others in tow, he entered the Church of Dibella. It was a nice place, well furnished and roomy. The place was very comfortable, floral wallpaper and thick, red curtains on the walls. Lios moves to one of the sisters. "Greetings, Sister Anya. You look well," he said, although most would have said beautiful. For she was beautiful. Very beautiful (Cha Mod +7). But Lios knew that every brother and sister in this church was beautiful. It was a requirement. "Has anyone asked for a session with me?"

DM: Anya greet Lios happily, giving him a light bow. "Yes, Father Lios. The Guardian Wolf Pack has requested you, if you were in town this week. ... All five of them." She said with a mischievous smirk. Both Ber'nia and Viviane were right behind Lios, so they heard the entire thing. Vivi knew of the Guardian Wolf Pack. It was a pack of 5 Winter Wolves who helped protect the city from creatures that would attack it from outside the walls. They were tended to by the Church of Dibella, because.. well.. that was the wolves' preference. They were will liked by the people, and due to their history and their families' histories' with Evermor, it was one of the few places in Tamriel where bestiality was not illegal nor frowned upon. Good and intelligent animals and magical beasts were even allowed to marry in Evermor! All this made it a place most travelers didn't like to stay, as sex with beasts was highly frowned upon in almost all societies.

Lios: Lios tells sister Anya (Diplomacy 28) to assist Balmung and Reina, then turns to Ber'nia and Vivi. "Well... would either of you like to join me for a session?" he said, a bright and charming smile on his face.

DM: Sister Anya asks the Balmung and Reina if they'd like a room, or a suggestion on something new to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom