Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SPACE PIRATES!!!! OOC

cool , also does any planet have a atmosphere or anything that could require special equitment for when on it like for breathing or any weight changes that might be noticed on different planets (am i over thinking things sorry if i am LOL)

lol i'm nerdy in some ways i like tons of discription BUT of course it requires thinking it all up and everything and adding things which could be time consuming and a pain in the butt to you so i say it's up to you / the others what everyone thinks. i was just asking cuz i can see usefullness in it such as say character A goes to blanet B and bitches about the air quality or heat of the planet OR worrying about floods or dust storms or whatever whatever lol

LOLOL. In reality, obviously, these are all factors that would indeed matter. I personally just left it out figuring it would be too complex to bother. Trust me, the scientist/engineer/physicist in me screams at that. But...... this is scifi. So.... yeah. You have NO idea how much I squirm at just saying "let's screw it and pick a single day/time" and not worry about how each planet probably rotates at a different speed not to mention revolves differently about the sun. LOL.

I have no issue adding in the extras if people want them. Some are obvious to me, others maybe not. And if people have suggestions, go ahead and throw them out there. I might have created this RP and world and whatever, but we are all also building it together now. So input is welcome. :)

As for weapons, I think we can incorporate a fair amount of what you see in both Firefly/Serenity and SW. So your typical blasters, stun guns, laser guns, light sabers, etc. should be fine as far as I'm concerned. I'm also good with some of the more rudimentary given that in some instances such weaponry/technology might not necessarily be available. So things like knives, crossbows and your more primitive guns (though possibly souped up to make them a bit more scifi) should be fine.

And again, if people have suggestions, please throw them out there.

yay for light sabers i was hoping they would be ok as 2 of the character profiles i am sending you have sabers . . i like the idea of expanded details on the planets if your up for adding it in maybe you could even split the work load by picking a couple people to write up details for certain planets as there are a decent number of them out there. the idea of maybe one or more needing breathing devices for Humans could be interesting (also could leave room for a space station shop and someone to put a character in as a shop keeper to handle special supplies for planets or space crafts as well. that also could lean into the possibilty that certain lifeforms for anyone who makes non human characters breath perfectly fine on the planets that humans don't and thus They need special equitment for planets the humans breath fine on just a load of ideas tossing around thats all

I'm starting to write up things for the planets. So, if you click on the threads, you can see them under the pictures. So far only Helios and Themis are done.

Perhaps it is so that when most people in this setting talk about planets, they generally assume the ones with breathable atmospheres and life (the current ones), as for most people there is no reason to go anywhere else.

There might be a few other, non inhabitable ones, to be added later, if needed.

My humble suggestion :)

Hmm, seems there's lots of folks having ships.

Is there any restriction on size/capabilities of these ships?

Basically, I didn't want to over complicate things. I've found that it's ok to do that in a solo story, but the moment you start doing that in RP it tends to go to shit. Pardon the language. But..... it's oh so true. I've seen it happen and it tends to bring failure. So, I've learned to pick and choose and oust things even if you REALLY want to include it or would under different circumstances. It's like the time thing. I'd normally include that. But, here, it would be so ridiculous to even attempt it. And with the whole gravity and atmosphere thing? I like it to a degree, but I think it could get a bit overwhelming and cumbersome. Solo or 1x1 RPs it could probably work fine. But with groups? Probably not so much. Again, just talking from experience. Too many fine details weights it down and then you end up with stalls and eventually the thing dies.

As for ship restrictions? I wouldn't go too insane. Like some of the SW ships are a bit grandiose. But I think if we keep ships on the Firefly/Serenity level, we should be more than fine. And some of the smaller ships in SW should be fine too. Again, I'm pulling from SW movie verse (I know Nihil knows A TON about SWverse of the ALL AROUND kind, lol).

Hope this insight helps.

All my star wars info is out of date. I stopped reading the books when the New Jedi Order series wrapped up, haven't touched a book sense.

Think I'll do this for a ship:

hw2_0403-a.jpg

Those of you with ships, if you'd like me to make a thread for you to post your ship images in them, let me know. It can be a reference thread. It won't be necessary, unless you want to post the image or not. But it can be there for those of you who would like that. Plus, when you post for your characters, in the header, you can also link to the image if your character is on their ship (under the location part of the tag).

Thank you, I always love making use of the Homeworld concept art.

I'm thinking it'll be a slow cargo ship of sorts.

Alright guys, listen, while we're on the topic of ships, I put a little more time into the Phase Drive idea. I started designs on actual engines that fit different ship types, anything from frigates to giant capital ships. But the thing is, I never figured out a fuel. One of my friends suggested Antimatter, and I decided to check with you guys before I went any farther. Do you think antimatter would be too far into the future to be used now?

i think a ship thread is a awesome idea with a image if available and brief discription of the ship . IDK if i will have any ships just yet but regardless i think that would be a good thing to have either way. oh which brings up another question (IM SORRY I AM FULL OF THEM TODAY) is there a travel means between planets for someone without there own ship (like a space train/taxi concept lol) just wondering

Yes Warlock, I've put up an idea for travel between planets already. A basic summary, the Phase drive is an engine that makes a man-made wormhole inbetween destinations, reducing travel time from what could be days and months, to hours and minutes. Of course, there are a few drawbacks to the system, such as cooldown times and such.

Honestly, don't worry about the technology so much.

Just grab some sciency sounding term, like hypermatter, which they used in star wars.

Back
Top Bottom