Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SPACE PIRATES!!!! OOC

*nods* I want it so that traveling between planets doesn't take an excessively long time. Seeing that there are 12 of them, that COULD take an ungodly long time depending on the technology. So, it needs to be such that it doesn't take too overly long to travel from Helios to Charon. I mean, obviously there will be time delays. It won't be instantaneous. But it shouldn't take months or years. Maybe on the order of hours or days. Or perhaps a week or something like that. Just to keep things smooth.

Quick question, where do people find these real life photos to use for their characters?

Because I've never really been able to do that.

i use yahoo i try and type key words that go with what i have in mind ( Biker, soldier, future, old school, rocker, long hair, short hair ) so on so forth trying a few combinations in a search for images and then looking through to see if something you like is in the mix :) thats what works for me anyway lol

Just a heads up...... tweaked the header a teeny tiny bit. Shouldn't matter much since we haven't started posting yet. But still and all. Just letting everyone know. :)

I can't believe all the awesome profiles coming in. Seriously. You all are awesome! This also means we can probably start thinking about starting this thing up soon and figuring out starting points for our characters. From the looks of it, it seems like a fair few are going to be either starting out on Charon or are going to be on ships somewhere out in 'the black' of space. A few might be elsewhere, which is fine too. Anyway, do people want to sort of give a heads up on where their characters might be starting off?

For me, Aeryn will obviously be on Charon. I'm thinking she'll be scouting for supplies or food or something to take home. Laela is going to be on her ship heading to Charon and the thing is going to malfunction and get wrecked on the planet's surface. So that's the deal for my 2 characters.

i'll get profils in for appoval in a little bit if i can get on a actual comp to pick out character images.
Couple quick (I promise i'll TRY to keep it quick anyway) questions.
1 ) Can characters be from outside of the set Planets ,say traveled in from another planet system somewhere far far away....
2 ) is there anything like " the force" from Star Wars being used in this RP or are we sticking to a more realistic world or tech weapons and stuff only.
3 ) is there a bar anywhere on any of these planets lol sorry can't help but flashing back to the bar scene from star wars ... Oh damn the music from the scene is in my head and will be stuck there all day unless of course i start humming the imperal march theme lol

1) I don't see why not. Illuminati won't have any rule over those other systems, though perhaps their goal is to eventually try for that......... this is where SW themes come into play. Perhaps the Illuminati wants to become like the Empire. ;)

2) That is up for discussion. So...... let's discuss it. :)

3) There can be. At least on the planets that do indeed have cities or the appropriate technology to host such an establishment. I mean, even the more rustic/rural planets might have something that is like a bar. But if you're talking something like the Cantina, I would say planets that have cities and denser populations would or could have them. Also, if you check out PIM's profile, they did indeed create one for the planet Thalassa (their charrie is from there). So that is one that is now definitely in play. :)

my thought on the Force type ability is this first i was just curious i am not sure if it is something i would even use for any characters but was curious about if it would be used at all BUT if something like it was used i think having some guidelines of HOW it works and the extent of the powers Maximum capabilty would be something to discuss so we don't end up with anyone being over the top powerful if you get what i mean. i've always been a fan of the mental side of the power in the star wars movies such as the abilty to sense things coming at you without actually seeing them and the totally awesome power of suggestion like used by Obi to the storm trooper to get past him . the other powers like moving things or even the force push type elements used like in the newer games (in which i haven't played so only speaking from previews i have seen for them last games i played of SW was on SNES.) i think while cool for a game could possibly be umm taken over the top if not done carefully in a RP setting.

that's just my opinions on the subject though. i have to actually go read over everyones profiles still i have only skimmed so far but plan to read them all before creating mine.

darkangel76 said:
e cities or the appropriate technology to host such an establishment. I mean, even the more rustic/rural planets might have something that is like a bar. But if you're talking something like the Cantina, I would say planets that have cities and denser populations would or could have them. Also, if you check out PIM's profile, they did indeed create one for the planet Thalassa (their charrie is from there). So that is one that is now definitely in play. :)

Indeed. I figured that when in doubt, start with a bar/inn or suchlike (it is almost like a law of tabletop RPGs at least :D ), so Aya is what might politely be called a lady of the night, working out of a bar called The Comet, on a spaceport city on Thalassa.

I imagine it as a place with a lot of transients, and a lot of business going on, some not quite legal. A good place to pick up rumours and info, whether you are an outlaw looking for someone willing to buy contraband, or a bounty hunter wanting trying to track down a notorious pirate.

Aya spends a lot of time there, and even if she does not know everything that goes on, she might be able to give your character a tip where to start, if asked nicely.

My characters will be starting off on Charon after a mission they've completed off on Dragonia. Probably arguing or something of that nature and depending on if they bump into any of the other characters.

Sweet. Trying to gauge where everyone will be and who might be interacting with whom straight off or has the possibility of interacting and so on. Of course, things will unfold as they will. But just trying to get an idea. There are definitely 2 approved profiles that I know need to be posted and another that I know will be coming from someone who just didn't have time to make the profile today. That said, perhaps we can start IC posting as early as tomorrow depending on how people feel about things. We can also always discuss things as we go here since that is what this thread is for. So if ideas pop up or questions, suggestions, literally anything..... SPEAK UP!!!! lolol. Communication is the key to any successful group RP.

Also, if anyone has any special requests for any IC threads, don't hesitate in asking me to make you one. I'll just need you to provide me the picture for it. :)

I'm not so sure about adding The Force to this RP, myself. I love Star Wars as much as the next guy, but that seems to me like going half-heartedly 'star wars' without -actually- going Star Wars. My opinion is I'd like to keep things on the harder end of science fiction, but if one must have 'powers' of a sort, then perhaps you could just call it psychic/psionic, and some humans are latently psychic, and just have telepathy/telekinesis/clairvoyance powers and call it a day.

That's my two cents, anyway.

EDIT; my character, obviously, will start off wherever Krys Snape's characters are.

In hearing suggestions and comments, I'm inclined to agree with Psionic in regards to the Force idea. Seems a bit more plausible given things here. I think the more SWesque concepts lie in more of the concept that the Illuminati is trying to become something similar to what the Empire was. AND perhaps some of the SW technology with possibly droids and the like. Plus, as I said, I drew the idea of the Barbaric Rim from the concept of the Outer Rim directly from SW (all movie verse as I said, since my knowledge of SW only resides there and not from games or books, etc). So there you go. :)

And sounds like we'll have a handful starting out on Charon, another on Thalassa and some on ships heading wherever?

wow all i have to say is nice characters all and i shall be reading this for the heck of it while i wait for my other rps to roll if that is alright with DA

Hehehehe, I was thinking that maybe my guys could be on a ship out in space, on their way to some planet or the other to cause trouble and mischeif, and hahvoc for the Illuminati government :D

And I think I may have the answer to our traveling issues. An interplanetary 'jump drive' system called the Phase Engine. It would utilize a wormhole-esque technology, but instead of using the Wormholes, it punches a hole in something called Phase Space. In Phase Space, time passes differently then in the real world, which would reduce what would normally take months to travel to mere hours. It would generally take a few seconds for the Phase Jump engines to warm up, but once they ARE in phase space, not much can damage them.

Back
Top Bottom