Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Park

2w5kh7c.jpg

Name: Victoria Stern
Nickname: Vikki
Attire: Pink blouse (slightly open), brown mini skirt, leather boots
Tagging: Anyone; Jessie, Trevor, Cassie, Peter, Patty
Day/Time: Friday May 10, 2013; Afternoon

Just then Vikki let out a tiny breath she hadn't even realized she'd been holding. Giving Trevor a nod, she followed him to the tree and sat down beside him. She was glad he wasn't angry at her for insinuating about the beer she'd seen in his backpack. She was genuinely worried about him and was glad that he felt he could open up to her just as she had done with him moments ago. Biting down on her lip, she sat quietly as she watched him pull out his sketchbook and pencils and then lit a cigarette. As she looked at him, she tilted her head a bit. "I promise not to say anything either. And just as you aren't judging me. I won't judge you." She paused and smiled at him. "I mean that."

28k3cs9.png

Name:Trevor Thompson
Nickname:Trevor
Attire:Black Jeans, Black Iron Maiden T-shirt, Black Converse sneakers, Chains hanging from pants, black leather studded wristband
Tagging:Anyone
Day/Time:Afternoon , Friday May 10th, 2013

Trevor gave her a smile in return when she told him she wouldn't judge him, he took a deep breath and let it out slowly before taking a drag off of his cigarette. "Well I kinda started drinking a little while back say a year ago and I found that it gave me a quick solution to my problems and it makes me feel good so I started to drink to cope with my issues that's all really I have a really shitty home life....well I had a shitty home life now I'm just homeless which sucks pretty bad" ,Trevor told her. He let out a sigh then took another drag off of his cigarette before opening his book to a blank page and opening his pencil case. "Like I said before everyone has a way to cope with things some are good some aren't I know what I do isn't exactly a good thing and I'm not gonna deny that".

2w5kh7c.jpg

Vikki nodded, though her face continued to remain worried. Hesitantly, she reached out and touched Trevor's arm. "D-do you drink often?" she asked him, her cheeks going red upon asking the question. She hoped she wasn't stepping over the line by asking him such a thing. "And there's really no chance for you to be able to go back home?" She bit down on her lip, still looking at him. "Or is it so bad that you don't want to?" She wasn't sure how he'd manage out on his own without any money or shelter and if it was going to rain... what about his sketchbook? It would get wet and then his drawings would be ruined. He could get sick. So many things. "You can't stay outside indefinitely, Trevor, I..." her voice trailed. "I'm sorry. I'm rambling and shouldn't be. Just I care that you're stuck in the position you are. It isn't fair."

28k3cs9.png

Attire:Black Jeans, Black Iron Maiden T-shirt, Black Converse sneakers, Chains hanging from pants, black leather studded wristband

"I drink when I get really upset and drawing doesn't help and no I think after I left I pretty much lost any chance of going back not that I'd want to even if I could, I plan on going to get my shit as soon as I find a place for it to go but that's it" ,Trevor told her. When she mentioned that she was rambling and that it wasn't fair that he was stuck in the position he was in he looked at her then placed his hand on her shoulder. "I'll be fine Peter offered to ask his parents if I could stay at his place for a few days and if that is a no go I have a place to go where I won't get wet, it's under a bridge and I can light a fire or something to keep warm so don't worry about me Vikki you have your own problems ya know I don't want you to feel as if you have to worry about me alright" ,he told her. He was grateful that she cared but he really didn't want anyone to worry about him.

2w5kh7c.jpg

"Just be careful," Vikki said. "And..." She reached for her bag and found a pen. She then wrote a number on his hand. "That's my cell phone number. You can always call or text me if you want. That's my own number. My parents never check it. So, if you ever want to reach me... feel free. Don't worry about the day or time either," she said with a smile. "And if things with Peter don't work out, let me know. Okay? Promise me that?" she then asked him, her cheeks turning pink. "I might have my own problems, but we all do in some way. I think that's why Jessie brought us all together." She smiled a little and then looked at the Jack Skellington wristband she was now wearing. "So," she then said holding up her wrist and trying to lighten the mood just a little. "Don't you think it suits me?" She giggled softly and moved a bit closer to Trevor. "So, how about you teach me how to draw something."

28k3cs9.png

When Vikki wrote her cell phone on Trevor's hand he listened to what she said about him calling her if things with Peter didn't work out. "I'll call if I can I don't have a cell phone so I'll have to use the phone at Mario's or something but I promise I'll do my best to and if I do end up staying at Peter's house I'll give you a call to let you know so you're not worrying" ,Trevor told her in response. He then wrote her number down on a page in his sketchbook in case it rubbed off his hand at any point, when she mentioned that the wristband suit her Trevor nodded and let out a small laugh, "It really does suit you actually it goes great with the pink blouse" ,he stated with a smile. Trevor turned to a blank page in his sketchbook and looked at Vikki who was now closer to him, "Alright how about I teach you to draw Jack, he's pretty simple to draw and I think you can do a good job at it so what do ya say wanna try it"?

2w5kh7c.jpg

Vikki nodded in understanding when Trevor said he didn't have a cell phone. At least he had a way to reach her if he needed help, that was the main thing. She then blushed a bit when he told her the wristband went well with her pink blouse. "I'd love to learn how to draw Jack," she said with a smile. "If you can teach me how to draw Jack, that would be pretty amazing." She leaned over a bit to watch, excited to learn something new.

28k3cs9.png

"OK well first things first I'm gonna draw his head which is pretty much just a awkward circle kinda sorta" ,he stated with a small laugh. He began to draw very slowly so Vikki could watch and take everything he did in. After he finished drawing the shape of Jack's head he began to draw his face, "Now there's a lot of different expressions he can have but the one I'm doing is just a simple look that's easy to do" ,he told her. He continued to draw slowly to let Vikki watch everything he did, he then handed her the pencil, "You try".

2w5kh7c.jpg

Vikki watched intently as Trevor began to draw Jack, her eyes unblinking as she watched the way in which he moved the pencil along the page. When he looked over at her and then handed her a pencil so that she could try, she suddenly felt her tummy flutter with nervousness. Biting down on her bottom lip, she looked over at him and smiled. "Okay, here goes," she said. She leaned over a little so that she could get a better angle in which to draw. Carefully, she tried to mimic what she'd seen. It definitely wasn't as good as what Trevor had done, but it wasn't as bad as how she'd thought she'd do either. "It's not as good as yours," she said, flicking some of her hair over her shoulder.

28k3cs9.png

Trevor watched as Vikki drew and when she was finished he had to admit that it wasn't that bad at all. "It looks great and I think you did a good job on it for your first time drawing him, keep practicing and I think you'll definitely get a lot better" ,he told her with a smile. He took another drag of his cigarette then looked at Vikki, "You wanna see some more of my drawings? Or do you want to learn some more I'm good with doing either".

2w5kh7c.jpg

Vikki smiled and blushed at the compliment of her drawing. She was glad that Trevor thought she'd done a decent job. Looking at him she tapped her lip. "I'd love to see some more of your drawings, if you don't mind. I really liked the one you showed us back by the swings. So, I'd like to see some of your other ones," she said. She shifted a bit as she waited for him to show her some of his other pieces and she was curious as to what they'd be. Regardless, she knew they'd be great. As far as she was concerned, he had a lot of talent and anyone who said any differently would have to have words with her.

28k3cs9.png

"Alright I'll show you" ,Trevor stated in response. He then went back to the beginning of his book and turned to the page after the drawing he had shown everyone. The next page had a picture of a squirrel sitting on a bird bath with trees in the background, "I seen a squirrel in a bird bath at a park during a school field trip and I watched it for a little bit before deciding to draw it, the thing was kinda cute and I wanted to put it on paper" ,he told her. He then turned to the next page where there was a drawing of Batman sitting on top of a building with the bat symbol in the background, "I love Batman he's my favorite super hero I draw a lot of him this picture kinda just popped into my head one night when I couldn't sleep, my mom was getting her ass beat by another one of her boy toys and I was too scared to stick up for her the guy was huge and probably would've killed me if I even said anything to him".

2w5kh7c.jpg

Vikki looked on with an interested expression as Trevor started turning the pages of his sketchbook. She smiled at the picture of the squirrel. "Aww..." she said softly when he explained a bit about the drawing. When he showed her the drawing of Batman, she smiled a bit bigger. She didn't know much about the comics, but she liked the movies very much. So she appreciated them more than people probably would realize of someone like her. When Trevor started talking about his mom getting beat up she suddenly flinched as she remember the way John had treated her--the abuse, both physical and emotional, the way he made her feel so ugly and disgusting. He'd taken so much from her. Her innocence, time, so much more. And none of that she could get back now. She just had to make up for it now that she'd wised up. Just then, she wrapped her arms about her middle. Trying to shake off the memories of John, she focused back on Trevor's art. "I'm sorry you've had to deal with that," she said.

28k3cs9.png

"Eh it's alright I kinda got used to it after a while it was just when it got really loud and I couldn't sleep it drove me nuts" ,Trevor told her. He then flipped the page again, on the next page there was a drawing of a golden retriever, "That's my neighbor's dog he always came over to me when I was outside on my porch and he'd sit there for hours just looking at me so I decided to take advantage of it and draw him" ,he told her. He finished off his cigarette and stomped it out then put the filter into his pack, he didn't like throwing the butts on the ground around the pond because the place was too nice to destroy with garbage in his opinion.

2w5kh7c.jpg

Vikki went a little quiet and then nodded. When Trevor turned to the next page, she leaned over to see the next drawing, she smiled a bit when she saw the dog and brought one of her hands up to start playing with her hair a little as she looked at it. "That's very life-like," she said softly. She noticed when he suddenly finished his cigarette that he didn't just toss it like most people. He actually put it back in his pack. She tilted her head a bit at his actions and smiled a bit more. It was a curious thing to watch and a nice thing. "What other drawings do you have?" she then asked, her voice still a bit soft.

28k3cs9.png

Trevor was happy that Vikki was taking an interest in his work and he was enjoying sharing it with her and he was sure he'd enjoy sharing it with the others as well. When she said that the picture of the dog looked life like he smiled, "I think you'd like this dog he's freaking awesome kept me company when I was alone a lot" ,he told her. He then turned the page again to a drawing of Tom and Jerry running after each other, "I like this cartoon I still watch it when I can" ,he admitted then turned the page yet again to a drawing of some birds on an electrical wire. "This one's pretty self explanatory you see birds sitting on the electrical wires all the time I just decided to draw it out" ,Trevor let out a small laugh. "I know it's not original but it's what I felt like drawing at the moment ya know".

2w5kh7c.jpg

"I like animals in general," Vikki said. "So, I'd probably love the dog." She giggled softly, slowly removing her arms from about her middle. Again, she began to play with her hair as she looked over at Trevor's art as he turned the pages for her to see. Each picture made her smile and made her forget about the horrible memories of her past with John. As she looked at them, she looked over at Trevor and giggled. "It might not be original in the typical sense, but so what. It's pretty amazing, I think. And I'm not just saying that. The shading, the way the birds are sitting. I don't know. It's just life." She paused and giggled softly. "I like it." Again, she smiled.

28k3cs9.png

"Thanks, you know you're like the first person that I've ever really showed my drawings to" ,he told her. Trevor was glad she appreciated what he drew and actually liked it, "I'm glad you like them all if you want you can pick one out to keep for yourself I don't really have any other plans for them so I don't mind giving you one that you like" ,he said. He gave her a smile, this one had meaning behind it the look in his eyes showed her that she had made him happy with her compliments and kindness.

2w5kh7c.jpg

Vikki blushed a little. She'd never been the sort anyone had confided in before, not really. She couldn't count the times some of the other cheerleaders had talked to her about things since most of that was gossip and nonsense, catty drama that had no substance behind it whatsoever. Half the time she wished those girls hadn't bothered to contact her and then when they had, she often times found herself only partially listening and giving advice that wasn't from the heart at all. But as she sat there with Trevor, it was quite different. She found herself actually caring, genuinely interested and when he smiled and saw the look in his eyes... that was more than any trip to the mall could ever hope to satisfy. Truly her parents and all the 'supposed friends' from her past had it backwards. You couldn't buy friends or relationships. You couldn't buy anything like that at all.

"You're welcome. I really think you have heaps of talent and I'm glad you've showed me what you have so far." Vikki blushed a bit more. "Hopefully you'll show me more some time," she added and giggled softly.

Vikki then looked into Trevor's eyes and smiled at him. He'd already done so much for her and hadn't even realized it and it was why she'd had no problem telling him her secret, even though she was a bit nervous to in the beginning. He'd stood up for her in the pizza place quite blatantly and more than once. He gave her the one sketch he drew because he noticed her looking at it. Such a simple thing her own mother could never comprehend. And now, he'd given her a wristband and was offering her another drawing, one from his sketchbook no less. She wondered if he understood just what that meant to her. No one had ever been that thoughtful. Ever.

"Really? I can have one? Are you serious?" Vikki then said more than asked. Her entire face lit up as she smiled at Trevor. She leaned over so she could look at the drawings he'd shown her and thought a moment. "You know what," she finally said. "Would it be all right if I had the birds?" She liked them all, but the birds spoke to her for some reason. He'd said it didn't seem overly original, but to her they were two birds stopping to watch everything about them, to take that moment to appreciate life for what it was. It had more meaning to her than anyone could know even if it hadn't been intended.

28k3cs9.png

"Thanks that means a lot to me ya know and I can show you more I have a lot more stuff I just have to pick it up from my mom's house eventually along with the rest of my stuff" ,Trevor told her. He had books upon books of drawings that he had done over the years he even saved some from when he was in grade school they weren't the best drawings ever but they were his and he couldn't just throw them away.

When Vikki's face lit up and she got excited over the fact that he had offered her one of his drawings he smiled and let out a small laugh, "Yes I'm serious you can have whichever one you'd like" ,he told her. He was a little surprised when she had picked the birds, it wasn't the most original drawing he had and even though it had a lot of detail like the houses underneath the power lines and the trees and other surroundings that were around the birds at the time that he drew it he felt that it was simple, black and white, nothing special, just two birds sitting on a power line watching the people below them.

Trevor removed the picture from his sketchbook and handed it to Vikki he could tell by the look on her face that the picture meant something to her and that made him happy and he was glad he was giving it to her. For his art to mean something to someone made him feel great and also made him smile from ear to ear. "Here ya go it's all yours" ,Trevor stated.

2w5kh7c.jpg

Vikki was all smiles when Trevor removed the drawing from his book and handed it to her. For something so simple, it held a lot of meaning for her. Much more than most would probably know. She might not look it, but little things had always meant so much more to her than anything flashy or expensive ever could. It was why she had a poor relationship with her parents and why she could never relate to the other girls on the cheerleading squad. And that was even before the whole mess had occurred with John. That only escalated things and made everything harder.

"I know exactly where this is going to go," Vikki said when Trevor handed her the drawing. She reached out and gently brushed his arm before leaning over to hug him. "Thanks so much for this," she said, blushing a bit. She then held the drawing out and admired it. "I absolutely love it." Setting the drawing down on her lap, she looked over at him and smiled. "So, when did you start drawing?" she asked. "How did you learn how to do this without any lessons? I mean, I can play piano pretty well, but I'd never have managed without my lessons," she admitted, her voice going soft as her cheeks turned pink.

28k3cs9.png

Trevor wasn't expecting the hug but when he got it he definitely didn't mind it, for once someone was giving him positive attention and he liked it. He was so used to being yelled at or put down that any form of positive attention was so new to him but he wouldn't complain at all and he could definitely get used to it. "I'm really glad you like it Vikki it's nice to have someone appreciate what I do for once ya know" ,he told her giving her a smile that had a lot of meaning behind it.

When Vikki asked when he started drawing and how he learned to draw without any lessons he looked at her, "I started when I was really little with scribbling on paper with crayons, my mom used to give them to me to shut me up and keep me busy while she did her thing whether it be drugs or men, anyway I enjoyed it so much that as I got older I just kinda taught myself the things I wanted to learn and just kept looking through different art books at the library and took everything in, a lot of it just came naturally too like I just set my mind to what I wanted to draw and I'd just do it" ,he told her.

2w5kh7c.jpg

Vikki nodded as Trevor told her how he learned to draw. She felt bad about the circumstances that first led up to it, but she was amazed at how he was able to just sort of absorb how to do it. Everything she knew how to do seemed to require lessons of some sort. She had no natural talent in anything. At least, it seemed that way to her anyway. "Wow," she said. "That's pretty amazing. See, natural talent." She gave him a smile, one with genuine meaning behind it. "I envy that. I don't have any natural talent in anything." She giggled softly, her eyes suddenly averting so that she was looking down at her lap. "I need lessons to learn how to do pretty much everything." Biting down on her lip, she began to twirl her fingers through her hair absently. At that she smiled and shrugged. "You're lucky there," she then said as she looked back up at him once more.

28k3cs9.png

"I'm sure you're naturally good at something Vikki everyone is I mean you did pretty good with that drawing and I barely did anything to really help" ,Trevor told her. He placed his hand on her leg gently then looked into her eyes, "Don't be so hard on yourself ok if you want I'll even help you figure out what your true talent is because I know you have one you just gotta look for it" ,he told her. Trevor gave her another smile to try and cheer her up a bit.

2w5kh7c.jpg

Vikki suddenly found her lips quirking up into a tiny smile at Trevor's compliment on her initial attempts at drawing. When he placed his hand on her leg, she turned to look at him and nodded. "I'll try not to be. It's just hard though," she said. And it was. And it was only made harder due to the fact that she hated the girl she saw in the mirror every time she stared into one--a girl who was ugly, fat and worthless. Good for nothing. She supposed John had been successful in breaking her there, but she couldn't let the jerk know that. "And really? You'd help me?" she asked, giving him another smile, her eyes almost starting to water a bit. "I'd like that. I'd like that very much." At that she hugged him again. "Thanks, that means a lot."

Back
Top Bottom