Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Escape From Miami - OOC Chatter

Back and working on replies. Got everything done and actually home now, which means my niece gets to come straight home from school (yay). I am sorry the delay was longer than I intended, but am working on replies now.

That is alright, as that does happen from time to time, and is completely understandable given things. I know all of us will be looking forward to them when you are able.

I have an idea, but I would like to know if it is alright. The case that Evers found, if it is alright with everyone in the group, as well as you, darkangel76, I was thinking that it contains gear from an USPF infiltrator into the prison. I was thinking that could set up a bit of drama, but only if that is alright.

Thoughts, everyone?

I do not know what that is. But back on page #4, it had been discussed that we'd do something along the lines of the following:

http://bluemoonroleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=34305&pid=942563#pid942563
darkangel76 said:
I think what we can do is sort of establish characters for now and once they've settled a bit we can throw in a wrench, so to speak. We'll see where 'loyalties lie', for lack of a better term. Meaning, you'll get who is 'good' vs who is 'bad' vs who is just 'other'. Then with a 'wrench' perhaps we can figure out maybe who wants to fight back against the government vs who wants to preserve the life that's perhaps been established in Miami. That way you'll have some wanting to escape while others will want to stay and preserve how things are. I see those wanting to preserve the way maybe wanting to prevent those wanting to escape from succeeding. Maybe not all of them, but some of them anyway. And it can even get more complex than that too since it's not really a black and white thing if you think about it.

Alright. I misread that when I saw it the first time, but that will not happen again. I will take that to mean more of it may already be out there than a total no, as that is for being role-played out more than anything. It was more of an on the spot idea though, but thank you on that.

Well, the point is that we have definitive groups formed. We have a group of survivors who are more or less innocents, which is Jack & RJ's group (there are a few outliers to this group, but they are the heart of that group). We have another group who are bad guys and if you divide them up, you have 2 guys definitely vying for power, namely Vincent and Kevin. They have different methods and ideals but they want power over Miami no matter how you slice it. And, like with the 'good guys', again there are outliers... people like Roy for instance. And then there are people where it's VERY clear they are caught in the crossfire. Those are people like Randy, Lina and Melanie. And still others where it's unclear where they will fall when push comes to shove... the mystery people.

Anyway, when the 'wrench' is thrown in there (something that needs serious discussion amongst EVERYONE before it's done and this is something that can be done soon), we can bring in how this will affect the 2 vying for power over Miami, how those surviving Miami will be affected--will they want to leave, will they want to just keep surviving, etc? There are a lot of possibilities. But it needs to involve everyone's input since it will affect everyone and the entire RP and its current flow. It's not something to take lightly.

So, if people want to start discussing it..... feel free.

*Nodding...* That is why I asked before putting that in my post for all to read. I figured that it would not be a good idea unless I discussed it with everyone, as that would through a real "wrench in things". I was not about to do that without asking, as I am not the only person in the game. I want to discuss before acting, as what I may think is a great idea may cause too many problems than, say, it may solve. If it does, there are many more things that could be in the case my character Evers just opened. I hope that makes sense to everyone.

I'm ok with it can you just give a little more explanation as to what you want to come out of it? Just wondering what your plans were beyond finding the gear

Well, as I said, what he would have found was most likely either spare gear or gear for taking someone out, perhaps a prisoner they have deemed too dangerous. The idea of infiltration, if I am remembering rightly, was touched on in both movies. This is originally first from the first Escape, they infiltrated the New York prison out right, and how the team sent in in the second to find Utopia and get back the "Sword of Damocles" did so in a similar way.

Perhaps they are looking for a specific person, or perhaps just looking for those they deem enough of a threat. It is not intended to supplant any other ideas already in play, merely to to be something that can play into one already agreed on. I don't presume to know all details and things, rather that it could cause some "healthy paranoia" that would naturally be in a prison over finding out there is someone there that is not a prisoner.

As for the details of what is in the case, I am thinking perhaps identifying items, weapons, perhaps a sniper rifle, supplies... etc. I don't have to be the only one deciding on that, nor does it have to specifically be those items. It is a very fluid idea, as it also could have been left from an infiltration before the game started, and the items in it could cause a slight shift of sorts in a person or small groups favor as another option on the idea.

Thoughts? Are more details needed?

I hope no one thinks I am trying to hold the group game up, because that really is not my intention. I am attempting to give as much details before I move forward as possible. I don't want anything to seem like modding or deliberately messing with other people's planned stories and such.

not at all and im cool with whatever everyone agrees on but overall my opinion is this if its something that is just going to make people think and maybe even panic a little and not something that is necessarily going to overly change directions of anyone's current story angles i don't see a problem with whatever you decide to have in the case.

Alright. As I said, it is merely a very flexible pot device. Malleable in meaning but a good lightening rod none the less, if things need to be changed or even more flexible, please just let me know.

Actually, that is precisely the right idea. Whether or not it should turn out that way is not the point, as the point is that someone needs to know that the USPF is stirring the pot that way. I am open to any modifications others wish to make, as well as refinements that will help others plots. I am not saying they have to, but the paranoia alone can stimulate plots. Just more ideas, not something that would have to happen. And I am still totally open to other ideas to modify this idea as well.

Alright here's my idea it kinda goes off of Ruphhausin's idea of the USPF causing issues within Miami. I'm thinking that maybe the USPF are indeed inside the prison and they're trying to take out some top dogs like Kevin and Vincent as well as RJ but RJ isn't a top guy he's just a target because of his name. Anyway seeing as the case was found and they plan to take it the USPF is going to go looking for it right? Well I'm thinking that can cause a problem and possibly a war within Miami the two sides that are against each other are forced to help each other out whether they like it or not because the crazies are obviously not targets because even if they're crazy they're not a threat because they're not smart enough Kevin and the other characters are though so they're gonna be main targets you know what I mean? So in the end they have to choose to either help each other or fight alone against the government that has infiltrated the prison. I don't know if I wrote that out too great but I'm never good at getting my ideas across lol so I apologize if this seems like a jumble I do hope it was understandable though if not feel free to ask any questions you have about it also fee free to discuss anything you'd like to add as well :)

As you already know, I, for one, think this is a great idea and strongly support it. I think it'll be fun and interesting. I also think it fits with the current flow and adds just enough twists to make things really nifty. I also think it goes with the cannon of both films. So, that's my 2 cents. I like it and think it's a great way to get the characters intermingled and a neat way to add some drama, etc etc. :)

I do love it!! It has me tingling with excitement! All of Kurt Russel's action movies do that to me, and this is vintage Plissken stuff. I know, I am gushing, but as I said.. paranoia is up there with chaos, panic, disorder, and perversion as staples of the Escape movies. LOL I like it very much , as I love the idea that perhaps there is more going on than even the characters think or suspect. There are so many areas this could go, and I so am eager for this to happen. I am so ready for whatever my idea can accent and magnify, and even be magnified by. That is what group role-play is about, right?

yes it is :) I'm excited for it too I'm wondering what the main reason for the infiltration will be though should it be for simply people being in power or should there be more behind it?

OH and I too love Kurt Russell lol all of his movies are great :D

Hmm.. Well both ideas have their strengths and weaknesses.

The simple idea of the people being in power would have the simplicity factor in its favor mostly. Keeping the more powerful people and/or groups from getting too much so or from having strong alliances would be the most likely, with the need for an assassination being both to take out a particularly strong leader and to keep any diplomacy offset for a prolonged period through mistrust. Even with someone knowing what happened would not totally be a benefit, as some people have to have a "who really would care that much about a bunch of cons stuck here" point of view and not believe it. The downside is it has the possibility of getting boring without supporting points and the like.. as well as someone not benefiting directly on the inside as well.

The other idea, that it is part of a larger plot, also has both potential and pitfalls. Most likely, it could be very much geared on someone who either made a deal to keep people in Miami distracted or to control what went on there for concerns within the USPF.. or perhaps beyond. The care will have to be in not making the plot TOO complex, as well as making certain everyone understands what the characters do and don't know.

Those are the points that I can see. Any thoughts?

As I told Krys when she brought this to me, I see this as potentially something where the government hired cop-like infiltrators to target anyone who was a threat of gaining too much power within Miami so as to avoid things that happened in the movies of both NY and LA. Because there is corruption and they know criminals do have connections on the outside, they want to stop that to a degree. Of course they can't fully, but they can at least with those where it matters and that is with those seeking to gain too much power within the confines of Miami. To me, those are people like Kevin and Vincent, for sure and even RJ given his names sake. And even though people like RJ aren't seeking to build an empire like either Kevin or Vincent, because he's a Plissken, the outside government won't overly care about that. They will merely see 'name' and think 'potential' and that alone will be enough. Plus, for the sake of our RP, it will allow for potential and reluctant alliances to be formed between the groups thus forcing them to have no choice but to work together to some degree. For people like Kevin and Vincent, their motive will be to keep things as they are so that they can continue building their empires or even overthrowing the government and seeking something bigger. For people like RJ and his group, it'll still mean survival and possibly escaping the prison itself and trying to go off grid. It could even bring in other aspects we haven't thought of yet. I think these are ideas that are simple enough to implement and twisty enough to keep things interesting for all and still allow room for creativity if things change a bit along the way.

Also, if people are that worried about implementing a paranoia factor, remember none of the prisoners know that the government hired these infiltrators nor do they know the targets. Only we the writers know this. So when we write, WE keep this in mind. Our characters, however, are clueless. So do keep that in mind.

That said, the reluctant alliance can be formed because they are unsure of who is being targeted and thus feel the need to watch each others backs as well as their own. Kevin and Vincent will possibly think the one is after the other (meaning they think the other hired a contact on the outside to snuff out the other) just as RJ might think both Kevin and Vincent or one of them is after him or who knows. But they will know that they are all safer together than separated (in their heads, though they won't voice that to each other... though perhaps in their small circle of trusted allies they might). Of course, being a reluctant alliance, there will be internal fighting and drama. So, it'll be a shaky alliance at best. I expect it at times to even disband and come back together at times. Because knowing the characters and what not, they most certainly will not all get along at all once all together. But that's sort of the point of it. So that coupled with everything should be enough to keep things interesting for quite a while.

could also go the route of the people sent in are looking for someone of importance who got dropped into Miami by accident ( crashed in , was in a helicopter dropping in a prisoner or doing a fly over to monitor the area and somehow Feel out into the water so on so forth) either way if a person of importance is Lost in Miami who isn't suppose to be there AND these officers where sent in to find him it also could open up to a race to see who can find him/her first. as in prisoners or officers finding the person first and what leverage it could potential give to the prisoners if they do in fact find them. i think the key no matter how this goes about is not to rush it though. i think hints that something is going on should continue on for a while before anyone actually even starts to figure it out. Just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom