Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Escape From Miami - OOC Chatter

I say it could be something of varying levels. Something that affects people differently depending on a graded scale. So there will be some who are immune, some who are carriers and merely pass it on, some who get infected and have disasters happen and others who get infected and have positive results. It's just a matter of figuring out what those are.

I'm good with that. I'm thinking whatever it is, the carriers are quite contagious. The main thing is do we want the contagion spread via blood only or blood and fluid (meaning a sneeze or cough). I say we stay away from airborne.

Exactly! The hardest way for transmission of any virus is through blood. Outside of airborne, fluids (like coughing and sneezing) would be next. The other thing to think about is that this could contaminate water supplies. Well, freshwater potentially anyway. And I also say we stay away from having it transmit between species. So if humans can get it, then other animals canNOT.

Yep. Also, would it be preferred to have the potential of having the freshwater supplied become contaminated??? It would mean they'd have to go to extra lengths at purifying it to make it potable and other such things unless they KNOW it's safe.

But we can stick to blood only if people want. Then it would just mean someone who has it or is a carrier would have to bleed all over inside the water supply to contaminate it.

Works for me. I've thrown out enough info that people should be able to make a reasonable assessment of what would interest them that way. And being a bio person, I can give feedback as to what is plausible and what is not.

Yes, and this is all good and so very on point. I wish to clarify on the "paranoia" thought, though, that I mean those who do know. Right now, it is only people in Kevin's group who will be knowing for the short term, after it has been properly played out. No mode on that, just that with the collective element involved, there will most likely develop perhaps in some characters some paranoia perhaps. I am not assuming, rather logically looking at the characters that Evers has interacted with and doing the educated guessing with what he knows. I should have made that distinction, and I apologize for any assumptions or the appearance I cast on myself.

The idea on someone, or something, that is needing to be found also is a good one, and again would have reaching situations for all to be affected by eventually. I am also thinking that, perhaps, there could be an importance to someone that is in the prison already that would make finding it much more an urgent matter in the long run. That is an idea that is totally up for discussion as well. That could also, as both you and I point out, darkangel76, keep the alliances in flux for a very good period of time. Drama and action are always worth having in this, and any degree of them should always be weighed and measured.

I think pretty much everyone assumed that the paranoia would start with Kevin's group and then progressively branch out. The next logical step then being Vincent and his connections since they deal with him and so on out until you reach RJ and his people. And that is merely based on the findings. This does not however take into account that there are infiltrators/assassinators lurking about hired by the government to re-retrieve the biotechnology as well as target those they deem potentially dangerous if they've discovered and deciphered, whatever that biotechnology. So, say some infiltrator independently targets RJ while Kevin's people are paranoid over finding xyz, then they will start to question. They might not know much of anything... yet... but things will be set into motion and eventually things will merge as stuff gets played out and paths eventually cross. I think that's what people are getting at and I think that is more than plausible.

I like that, and yes it is the much more plausible idea. That is what I am saying, and just brainstorming other ideas, be they possible or not. I was just putting for all that was on the mind, and nothing more. It would be very interesting how and when the biotech was put into the prison and why, as I just was exploring all possibilities with my brainstorming. We have a set course, even if it is just in an assumed way and all, and that is good. Nothing wrong with that and just hoping that my contribution helps with that.

That is good. I will adjust all posts as needed when needed, starting with the very next one, of course.

Back
Top Bottom