Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Escape From Miami - OOC Chatter

My only issue with that is then why would the person want to go to Miami in the first place and then who would control that person? Whoever controlled that person would have a lot of control over the flow of the RP itself and I want to avoid that at all costs personally. Also, what potential significance could such a person have to make everyone even remotely band together? Perhaps a tweak to this potential idea could be a possibility though in conjunction with the other ideas.

How about this....... there's technology that was taken in by 'whoever'. That person didn't survive the 'drop off'. Say they died in a crash or whatever and the technology they brought in 'made it' and the government is worried that those with power on the inside will get it. Therefore they are worried about those with connections on the outside who might have had possibly arranged for the technology to be brought in (whether they did or didn't or it was independent is completely irrelevant) and are thus targeting them AND are trying to re-retrieve the stolen technology. This can allow for the wanted paranoia people seem to be craving in the RP, the reluctant alliance and inter-mingling of the groups, plot twists, leeway for creativity and the potential for added characters if people so choose (though it won't be necessary if people don't feel like making any).

This technology can literally be anything we want. We can have infiltrators not knowing if the prisoners have gotten a hold of the technology or not and are thus assassinating at will (per government orders). So people like Kevin and Vincent won't know if the other is after them or not or if it's someone else all together. The same with RJ and his group. They won't know if the bad guys are after them, someone else or anything at all. So it'll be chaos to say the least.

Sounds good to me :) I think that the idea will bring a good twist into the story and really cause tension between the characters. Now what should the technology be? Maybe a device that controls nuclear warheads or even just regular bombs, a device that controls the electricity like in LA, or something else?

We could get creative and bring in some interesting concepts of armageddon by introducing biowarfare and possible Umbrella Corporation-like nonsense into the mix. Not saying it has to be zombies or what have you. But genetics or other biological weaponry/warfare is a possible technology that could be brought into play if people are so inclined. It's different and hasn't been explored at all. It could even lead us up to an 'Escape From Earth' concept in the future if this RP runs long enough.

Hmm interesting concept I actually have an Escape From Earth idea in my request thread lol so it's funny that you brought that up. I say we go with that idea, what kinds of things do these weapons cause if not zombies?

It could be anything or even a few things. But the main thing is perhaps they fear that if in the wrong hands they fear an uprising in Miami and that Miami walls will break and thus expand and thus the government will become overthrown. They have no idea who inside could potentially get a hold of the technology or who arranged to get it (again, whether it was arranged or not is indeed irrelevant). But that if gotten a hold of, it could be harnessed and understood and then used to their advantage (meaning the prisoners' advantage). And then, the government is then screwed and it could eventually lead to planet-wide domination. Or so they fear. But perhaps there's a glitch in the biotechnology, a side effect. Say a percentage is affected that causes issues or what have you if exposed (just a rough example). This can cause serious issues. So perhaps on the side while the government has its people going into Miami to take down targets it can also be preparing its people for exodus.

darkangel76 said:
My only issue with that is then why would the person want to go to Miami in the first place and then who would control that person? Whoever controlled that person would have a lot of control over the flow of the RP itself and I want to avoid that at all costs personally. Also, what potential significance could such a person have to make everyone even remotely band together? Perhaps a tweak to this potential idea could be a possibility though in conjunction with the other ideas.

oh i didn't mean they went there for any specific reason . what i meant by my thought was anything from they were on a helicopter that was only suppose to fly over maybe dropping in the normal supplies or checking the security points and something went wrong and the feel to the water maybe like hitting bad turbulence or something.

OR maybe not trying to be within the prison sky at all maybe just got to close to it like the situation in the start of Jurassic Park 3

But if it is a single person i don't think they need to have a major influence on the main control over the situations could maybe even be just a NPC hell no reason they even have to live in the end maybe a crazy gets a hold of them and kills them before the prisoners OR police team can even find them.

but i also like you guys idea about something tech wise getting dropped in but it brings up WHY was it being brought into a area like Miami in the first place was it meant to be used there by someone who ended up losing it OR was it something that got accidentally dropped in maybe somehow got put on a helicopter dropping supplies into the prison by mistake?

I'm thinking it was just on a helicopter flying over hell maybe we can even merge both ideas and have it be a case where the helicopter crashes that has the stuff on it but no people survived the crash only the goods did

My whole point about the technology was that its means of getting in would be irrelevant because those who brought it would've died anyway. It COULD have been a terrorist. It COULD have been an accident. It COULD have been a regular old smuggler. It COULD have been a contact from the outside for someone on the inside. It COULD have been a whole slew of things. But, since the people crashed and died.... it makes it moot. The thing is..... the technology survived, the government wants it back, no one knows WHO or WHY (not the government, not our characters in the RP... hence their paranoia). So, our characters are banding together because the government infiltrators are assassinating them, BUT they aren't sure if it's the government, each other or someone else who orchestrated stuff. So hence the chaos. And since no one trusts each other and people are going to lie to survive and whatever..... yeah. Crazy.

Just my own take.

That works too, so in the end how do they find out what the government is after to go find it? Do they capture one of the team members and question them?

I think perhaps there can be crash that occurs and they wonder about it, but when investigating find nothing. Shortly after there can be assassination attempts that make them start piecing things together, but not enough to fully trust. Just enough to know it's better to be together than apart (paranoia factor). Then, I'd say that perhaps they can capture someone and question and that person can either die (say they got captured after being fatally wounded) or kill themselves while being questioned.

Hmm well Kevin is a torturous bastard think of the phrase, "We have ways of making you talk" lol just an idea then if he doesn't succeed with getting an answer then they can either keep the team member captive or kill them thoughts?

Whether he dies or lives, I say he doesn't stick around long and that he's a NPC that has a verrrrrry short stint, if you will, in the grand scheme of the RP.

I agree completely I don't think Kevin is going to listen to someone telling him not to kill someone, if he wants to kill them then they're pretty much dead lol

Ok. So, I think it's a pretty much majority agreement on that then??? So how about the biotech idea.... people liking that angle for tech instead of the same old/same old?

Sweet!!!! Like I said earlier, it can be anything. It can be biowarfare of the genetic kind or viral or whatever interests people most. We can have immunities or partial immunities or whatevers. BUT.... no one, I repeat no one, (that is if we end up deciding it's something that somehow enhances this or that) will end up having their character souped up. So help me if that happens I will just stop. XD

ha ha yeah no super humans that are like invincible that's never any fun. So we should probably decide what kind of virus or whatever it's gonna be is any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom