New Job and life(Me & solitaryman)

Rossi nodded, then nodded to Morgan to follow him. His days as a Sergeant Major in the Marine Corps hadn't faded. He grasped the 45's handle with both hands, on the alert. This was reminding him of his days in the jungle. He moved quietly, looked around in the darkness as he approached the tree. He hoped that Hotch would nab Rhodes and Parker before they got away, as he knew Rhodes would disappear quite quickly.

The van was empty when they arrived and they hid to wait for the two who soon approached. "FBI hands where I can see them." Both Hotch and JJ said, JJ was aiming her gun at Parker and Hotch at Rhodes.

Morgan approached the grave, it had sunk in. "Rossi she tried to get out." Morgan said.

It was too dark for her to make out who were down there, but when she heard Morgan's voice she knew it was safe. "She got out." Eva said and climbed down the tree.

Rossi looked up at the tree, and saw Eva climbing down, he smiled and breathed a big sigh of relief. He put his 45 back under his jacket, after he hand uncocked it, and hugged her tightly, "Glad you're safe," as he discreetly noticed her blouse was still undone, and her belly button fully exposed and moving in and out with her every breath. He looked at Morgan, "Let's get to the van."

When he got to the van, he saw Hotch and JJ had things in control. "Hotch, I think it's appropriate for Special Agent Jarvin to read them their rights and then cuff them." He then sneered at Rhodes, "Gotcha," then spit in his face, out of contempt for what he had turned into. He looked at Eva, "Better get it done, before I lose my composure and rearrange his face." He then turned and walked away a short distance to calm himself down.

"Thanks." she said and finally noticed the pain in her right hand and looked at the bloody mess. She dropped her keys into her left hand and put them in her pocket, right now moving her right hand hurt like shit. She wouldn't be able to rebutton her blouse, she only noticed now that it was still open. She tied a knot in the front so at least her chest was covered and she kept her right hand still as she walked with them.

Morgan was worried and then noticed her hand, she'd need some medical attention. "Let's go." He said and walked in front and was glad to see the two men already cuffed. Hotch had retrieved Eva's gun from Parker. "Go ahead." Hoth said and Eva grinned and stepped into their sight. "You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law, you have the right to a lawyer, if you can't afford one, one will be appointed to you. Now get them out of my sight please." Eva said.
"My pleasure." Hotch said as he and JJ put them in the back of one of the FBI's SUVs.

Rossi had composed himself enough to watch Eva read them their rights, and then clapped his hands as they were led away to one of the SUV's. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times," he muttered, he was glad to see the case solved, but also hated what happened to Eva and, even more, that one of their own had betrayed the trust that was put in them. He walked over to Eva and noticed her bloody right hand.

"I'll take you to the ER and then home, if you wish, otherwise, the case isn't over till the paperwork is done." He smiled slightly, and pointed to his car in the distance, "Your chariot awaits."

"You could say that, the look on their faces when they saw me was amusing considering they thought I was dead." Eva said and looked at her hand, man she'd made a big mess of it. "Thanks, I should get that hand looked at." She said, she didn't feel like going home after that though. She got into the passenger's seat and managed to fasten her seatbelt with her left hand only.

"Alright we'll see you at the bureau." Hotch said and the others took off to get the paperwork done.

Rossi nodded, "We'll be there soon as we can," then watched the SUV's head out. A tow truck also showed up, to take the van to the impound yard. He walked slowly along back to the BMW, and opened the passenger door for her.

He glanced over at her occasionally as he drove her to the Rampart Hospital ER, the one closest to where they were. "I won't ask you about what happened, don't want you boggle your mind up with all the reports and debriefing you're gonna have to go through...will say that I was worried about you, and I truly mean that. If it means anything, you did a five star job on this."

At the ER Rossi waited for her as he sipped on some coffee, hospital coffee tolerable but not like what he was used to at the coffee shop he invested in. He then drove Eva back to the bureau, parked in the Federal building parking garage, and helped her out of the car.

"Thanks." Eva said and smiled just slightly. She looked at him for a moment as everything was still sinking in. The immediately helped her once they arrived. The doctor looked worried, she ended up with her lower arm in a cast and a sling, some bones in her knuckles and hands had small fractures in them.

She walked up to Rossi about a half hour later. "Hi, shall we get going?" She asked. She wasn't sure what to say, during the ride to the bureau she remained quiet and looked out of the window, she didn't feel like going home so she was glad she could be here. She walked inside with him and as soon as she got out of the elevator Garcia came running at her and hugged. "I'm so glad you're alright? What's with your hand?" She asked. Eva returned the hug and looked at Garcia.
"I made a mess of it when I was busy getting out of that cofffin." She said.
"How long till it's better?" She asked.
"Three or four weeks according to the doctor. Thanks Garcia." She said.

The ER doctor, Dr. Joe Early, briefed Rossi of the extent of her injuries. He gave him a slip for light duty. "I'll pass this along," he nodded and then saw Eva come out with the cast and sling. "Kind of reduces you to the 'hunt and peck' method on the keyboard," he smiled slightly.

He watched Garcia hug Eva, he knew they had developed a friendship while they worked together. He went over to Garcia, and put his right arm about her, "You earned your pay this go around, for sure, hell you always do," he then patted Garcia on her right shoulder.

He then sought out Hotch, gave him the paper for light duty for Eva, and then headed to the coffee shop around the corner, knowing it was open 24 hours, took his Cubs mug with him, that he had picked up in his office, and got some coffee as well as one for Eva, and some doughnuts. It was going to be a long night of paper work. He came back and put Eva's coffee at her work station, the donuts out in the main area, and snagged himself a cream filled one before he retreated to his office to begin his report.

"Beats sitting at home." Eva said, she knew she'd be out of the field for a while, she also knew she'd have to give her statement.

"But of course. I'll go finish up my paperwork." Garcia said and went to her computer room.

Eva was sitting behind her desk when Rossi came back. Thank you." She said and took a sip of her coffee and walked over to get a chocolate chip donut. The others seemed worried too, but then left her alone and she had to wait until one of them would ask for her statement. On the bright side since she'd now be a witness she didn't have to write a report.

Rossi's office door was shut as he was putting together his report of the investigation. It was easy for him to put together the report, he was quite organized and his experience as a writer came in handy as well. He stopped, on occasion, to take a sip of coffee, he had finished the donut a long time ago, and would continue in front of the keyboard.

Hotchner came into the BAU office as he saw the others busy at their work stations. "Special Agent Jarvinson, this is Jack McCoy, Assistant US Attorney, he's the on call attorney. He and a stenographer will take your statement at this time. He'll probably ask appropriate questions, give him appropriate answers." He looked at Mr. McCoy, who was quite informal in his dress, given the hour of the night, in a dark blue sweat suit, and his attache case. "Room 1 is available, shall we?"

Eva looked at him. "Morning." Eva said, leaving out the good, since this was anything, but a good morning for her. "Let's get this over with." Eva said and grabbed her coffee as she walked to room 1 and took a seat, awaiting questions. She was really feeling really tired with the adreneline having worn off, but the coffee helped. "Fire away." She told him.

After Hotch had gotten McCoy, his stenographer, and Eva into Room 1, he went to fetch Rossi, knocking on his door. "Come in," as Jack was finishing up the first part of his investigation report, then looked to see Hotch at the doorway. "Observation room, you and I, Jack McCoy is here to take her statement." Rossi nodded, then took his Cubs travel coffee mug with him as he followed Hotch into the Observation Room.

After McCoy and his stenographer got set up, he looked over at Eva, "First thing Agent Jarvinson, is I'll swear you in, then ask your name, spelling the last name please, and then your position Afterwards will continue." McCoy stood up, "Raise your right hand please, do you swear that the statement you're about to give is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God?"

He then asked her to state her name, spell her last name and her position. By then Hotch and Rossi were in the observation room, and they listened to Eva's account of what happened.

Eva rose her right hand, which hurt a bit, well a bit more then it had been doing the whole time. She didn't believe in God, but hey. "I do." Eva said and put her hand back down on the able as she listened to the formal request of her name and position for the record. "I'm special agent Eva Jarvinson J...A...R...V...I...N...S...O...N with the FBI's Behavioral analysis unit." She said, now for the hard part, but she had to get it over with.

McCoy sheepishly looked at her after he swore her in, "Forgive me, should have just used your left hand; I apologize for doing that. His questions were few, as in, "How long have you been an agent, Special Agent Jarvison?" then "How long have you been assigned to the Behavioral Analysis Unit, after this known as BAU?" and then "Please describe, succinctly, and completely, the events that led up to this night in question, as well as what happened tonight."

Rossi looked over at Hotch as he sat in a chair, "Least McCoy is being easy on her, wonder what Rhodes and Parker are saying about this, would love to be a mouse in that interrogation room." Rossi sipped on his coffee and listened to Eva's account of what happened.

"I've been an agent for nearly two years and got re-assigned to the BAU Last Friday." Eva began and then thought back.
"It started Yesterday, the serial killer known as 'The undertaker' seemed to have resurfaced and we had to look into it. We arrived after a planeride and Agent Rhodes was waiting for us at the crime scene. In this situation there were a few theories. A: A copycat, though this one had knowledge of things not released in the media. B: Someone who had at some point had access to the files or had met the original undertaker and C: A partnership in which the undertake had taken in an apprentice. Also the long dorment period would refer to having been in prison for that time or recovering from serious injury and or disease. That list was rather long and it took a while to narrow it down to ten possibilies. This list we presented to Agent Rhodes who had a slightly odd reaction both myself and agent Rossi noticed. We both believed Rhodes knew someone on that list. There was also a difference between the original and the new undertaker. Where as the original played a cat and mouse game with the authorities this one was leaving nothing behind, as if saying look what I can do or in your face." Eva started. It was a long story, but the hard part was yet to come.

McCoy listened to Eva's account of the investigation, then asked a question when she finished, "I take it you and Special Agent Rossi were assigned to his case. And it was this "reaction" to a list that prompted a closer look at Agent Rhodes? He then asked her to continue.

Rossi listened and looked at Hotch, "She is surely thorough," and then continued to listen.

"We were part of the team assigned to it and the ones sent to the crime scene and we later comunicated the new information with the agent in charge of the case, Rhodes. Yes, his reaction was what made us look into him. His possibe relationship to any of the men on the list could be innocent of course. Garcia found that at some point both men had been at the same coffee shop around the same time, but it was Mr. Parker's history with Rhodes' mother that made it something to look into. Mr. Parker was the tutor to a young Miss Ferray, to later become Mrs. Rhodes. He was suddenly fired in the middle of the schoolyear and six months before agent Rhodes was born and no reason was listed as to why he had been fired. It was then that agent Rossi asked me to go to the nursinghome where Mrs. Rhodes resides to see if she would be willing to tell anything, she's got advanced alzheimers.
It was when I arrived and got out of my car that things began to get strange. A male nurse was eyeing me way too much. I talked to Mrs. Rhodes, and unfortunately by now everything is mixed up and half the time she doesn't remember who or where she is and even old memories are beginning to get mixed up. When I headed back to my car I was expecting something to happen, the male nurse from before was no longer there for starters. He tried to kidnap me, unaware he'd lost the element of surprise. By holding my breath, digging my heel into his foot and elbowing his gut I got out of the hold and away from the cloth laced with chlorophorm. I pointed my gun at him, identified myself as an FBI agent and arrested him. Then I called Agent Rossi to bring him up to speed. I brought nurse Johnson in and Agent Rossi questioned him, he admitted to nothing and a public defense attorney got him out." Eva said, continuing her story.

McCoy interjected a couple of questions, "By Garcia, you mean Special Agent Garcia, of the BAU?" and later, "Is there physical evidence, as in the chloroform hankie, etc., that was gathered to support you being attacked by Nurse Johnson?" He then paused and informed the stenographer, "We need to get the booking information on Mr. Johnson." He then nodded to Eva, "Continue."

Rossi looked at Hotchner, "Those evidence bags are in my safe, and will discreetly appear in your office," as he listened to Eva continue.

"Yes. And there should be physical evidence, the hankie as well a note with the words 'Back off or you won't be so lucky next time.' The next hours I spent with special agent Garcia to find more evidence against any of them, though Agent Rhodes and Mr. Parker were on the top of the suspect list this time. Including Rhodes five men on that list purchased a shovel like the one used in the crime scene we visited, we also checked for other unsolved crimes with a similar MO to the undertaker and who was there. The deeper we dug, the more the evidence was pointing to Mr. Parker and Agent Rhodes who at that point we suspected to be a father and son team up. Then I went home. Once I arrived and got out of my car a dark van pulled up. Both the threat of this afternoon and the fact that vans are one of the most popular vehicles to use for kidnapping I suspected it was them. I also feared I wouldn't be able to take them both. I set my phone to start an audio recording and dialed Agent Rossi's number, but held my phone in my palm. The fact that two figures dressed up as monks came from the van only confirmed my suspisions." She said, by now it was getting hard. Her voice was far less calm and the story was getting slower. When she clenched her hands to fists her right hand hurt like hell and she had to let it go.

McCoy nodded, "Let's step back and take a breather, Special Agent Harvinson, I know this is hard for you, yet it must be told. Let's back track a second before we continue, "Is there a copy of the audio recording from your phone? McCoy was doing everything he could to calm her down, and still get the information he needed for prosecution.

The stenographer also got up, and stretched, the interrogation chairs weren't the most comfortable. After a few moments, McCoy sat back down and looked at Eva, "Alright let's pick up the story again, from where you left off, we're almost through, take me through what happened when the monks came from the van."

"I'm not sure what happened to my phone from that point on, but I think Special Agent Garcia will have an audio file of it. They did find me." Eva started and took a few deep breaths. "They caught up with me, trying to look non threatening. I was already suspecting one of them would try to subdue me and it was the same trick as with the nurse earlier that day, my response almost the same. I held my breath when he placed that hankie over my mouth, headbutted him backwards, dug my heel into his foot and elbowed him. I twisted out of his grasp and rolled away, tossing my phone under the nearest car and out of sight. I grabbed my gun and pointed it at who I was suspecting to be Rhodes. At this point I had lost track of the second. I identified myself as an FBI agent and told him to get his hands up. I tried to listen for who I was suspecting to be Mr. Parker, but the only thing I heard was my own heartbeat at this point. I told the one in front of me to get on the ground and put his hands on his back, though I suspected I never would get as far as cuffing him. Which was why I hid the key to my cuffs up my sleeve as I took my cuffs out and then the other hit me over the head ad I passed out. I was surprised he hadn't interveined sooner to be quite honest." Eva replied, her story moving forward slowly, her left hand clenched into a fist as she was trying to keep as calm as possible.

Rossi looked over at Hotchner, "She's hanging in there, I give her credit." He then briefly left the observation room to get the evidence in his office safe, drop it off in Hotchner's office and then return to the observation room.

Mccoy nodded, "You're doing fine Agent Harvinson, continue."

"Next thing I remember is waking up in that coffin. My hands handcuffed in front of me and I was still gagged. I took the key from my sleeve and undid the handcuffs and pulled the ducktape from my mouth, which was when I first noticed the flashlight. I turned it on, though I already knew what they'd done I almost panicked. I looked in my pockets and found my wallet and keys before Rhodes talked to me through some sort of intercom asking me if I was awake. I have to admit he infuriated me and responded with a downright insult. I said: 'I won't listen or speak to the dog, only its master.' Rhodes continued to talk and I ignored him, while I was trying to think of a way out. The only possible tool were my keys. I put my handcuffs in my pocket and hid the key up my left sleeve this time. I made a fist with my right hand, letting two keys stick out from it and began punching against the lid and Rhodes kept telling me I was going to die sooner, can't say I bothered with a reply. At some point I took a deep breath and punched one last time and then I had to get to the surface somehow. I'm not sure how I got there, but I did. I was expecting them to be there, but they weren't and honestly I was glad, I could finally catch my breath. I decided it best to hide and think and climbed in a nearby tree since most people think in a two dimensional way. That was when I noticed the flashlights. I couldn't see who it was, but I recognised Agent Morgan's voice and climbed down. It was then that I first noticed how much my right hand really hurt." Eva said, finally finishing her story.

McCoy listened to her finish up the story. He checked the notes he made, the looked back at Eva, "Is there anything else you wish to add? He then looked at the stenographer, "We're done." He stood up and looked at Eva, "Thank you for your statement, Agent Jarvinson, I'll be in touch if I need anything else." Hotchner and Rossi both got up in the observation room, and were waiting at the room door, when McCoy opened it up and stepped out into the hallway, with the stenographer.

Back
Top Bottom