The Vampire Mistress (Silver117xpunkrockartist91)

"What?" he said and decided to step back. He grabs a chair and sat down across from her. He thought it was pure neglet, well from what Serenity as acting and feeling. "You better tell me the whole story. Call me crazy but It might be the exact motive of this case." He sat back and looked at her. The look of refusing to leave was on his face.

"I-I don't know if theres a way. I can feel my body getting cold and then it wouldd vanish." He said. Once Serenity turned the corner to see the tree, Logan was right there. He was now showing both arms but no hands, waist, legs, or feet. I'm not sure. He just called my name, and then Mercedes, and then you." He replied.

Adelay paused. "For a male human, you can be incredibly odd." taking her glass, she took two gulps of the warming blood and looked at him. "My husband, when he got sick, he said that because of what I was I was more than likely unfit to raise a little girl by myself. I'm an animal and she was an innocent child." She paused, going over to the tinted window to look outside to an empty garden. "So he asked his sister to take care of her. The next thing I know the bitch has her in an asylum for God knows why. When I went to see her, she said that Serenity had been talking to ghosts so to speak. She was under intensive watch, tons of tests were taken." Setting the empty glass on the ledge of the window, she crossed her arms. "So I left. She's under Sophies care and because of that, she has no right being in this house. The bitch hates me and I don't blame her. If she finds out that Serenity is here, she will find someone to kill me."

Serenity looked at his appearance and sighed softly. "Does that mean he's trying to get us too?" She stopped, deciding to be farther from the tree this time around.

Jack sat up and waled to her. he holds her gently and sighs. "I am odd and a fool, but I have to do it to get the truth." He lets go and turns her around to look at her. "What if I were to take her? She wouldn't expect you of anything. I'll take the fault for all of this." He smiles nicely again as an idea came to mind. "Adelay talk to her. I may not know anything about being a parent, but i know you're hurting and you really miss her."

"Maybe so. Just be careful." He said. and gave her a thumbs up. "By the way, he been yelling in pain and holding his right hand. It seems he's been shot or something. What happend?" Logan asked her.

Adelay looked to the side. Her gaze hard as she looked off to the side. She didn't exactly like the idea of her being under his care either but it was better than her being with Sophie. Moving out of his gaze, she grabbed the empty cup and sat back at her desk. "I'll consider it."

Serenity looked at him and then to the tree. "I'm not sure what Jack shot him with. He said a special kind of bullet for the paranormal." She watched Logan. He seemed to have change a lot since the last time she seem him. He was more older, handsome and a lot more serious than she ever thought.

"I get her. Please, not just for her sake, but for yours as well." He turns around and goes to get her. The twins looked at him leaving and then they head inside to see her. "Mistress..." The both said before they clinged to her.

"What?! The detective is here?" He said showing that he knows Jack. "If that's true tell him and Mercedes this: He'll strike again." he said before vanishing.

Adelay looked at the twins, pattig them on the head. "Yes? What is it?" She was a lot calmer now than she was when Jack first came in here. Looking atthe twins she realized how much of a mother she was to them.

Serenity watched Logan leave. And she already missed him. Strike again? Turning around she almost screamed seeing someone behind her. It was just Andrew. Letting out the breath she was going to use to scream, she looked back at the tree and then to Andrew. "Sorry." She stated and moved around him.

They listened in on what Adelay said to Jack. They both looked at her and the each other. A smile was etched on their faces as they look back at her. "We want to see her." The both said with smiling faces.

"Easy, easy" He said looking at her. He was alittle spooked himself. He actually thought she was going to hit him. "Serenity right?" I came to find you and Jack. More lines had vanished." He said. It was the ones that gave him his arms.

Adelay looked at them. "You want to see her?" She repeated, knowing who they were talking about. "Why do you want to see her?"

Serenity looked at him. She figured one would go missing, atleast she discovered the link between the disappearing lines and Logan. For every disappearing line, a body part would become cold and ghostly. Hopefully before all the lines disappeared, they could solve this case. "Thank you." She smiled softly and began walking back into the castle.

"Just because, Just because." They sand and danced around her. They finally stopped and said, "We want her to be big sis."

Jack bumps into Serenity and sighs. He just couldn't help but hug her after knowing the truth. "I'm so sorry. I was wrong about it all. I know the truth now." He said and looks into her eyes. "You have my word. You'll never go back there, even after the case is solved. He steps back and gives her a thumbs up. The same way that Logan would do for her. "You can trust me." He said with a smile.

Adelay's eyes softened more. Big sister? The twins were all she had child wise and she did love them. So in a way, she was basically their mother. She didn't respond to them, but she waved her hand. "Then you can play with her after dinner."

Serenity felt out of place in his embrace. He felt sorry for her? When he gave her a thumbs up, she smiled slightly. He might be able to protect her from physical hurts. Such as her mother, aunt and the asylum. But he would never understand the emotional and mental hurt, nor the ghosts that came to her as well. "Logan spoke to me."

"Okay, lets chat and walk." Jack said and hols her hand. "Don't leave out any detail either. In this line of work, every word counts. It determins the case to be a success or a failure." He replied. He his hand was soft as he looks at her with a smile.

She looked down at their hands but didn't say anything. He seemed to like a lot of human contact. "He said there's a lot of roots down there and he's kind of hurt. But he said he's okay for now. He asked what I did to make him recoil and I said that you shot him. He seemed a bit happy I guess to know you were here. He seems to be looking to drag me and Mercedes or rather try. He told me to tell her that he would strike again." She paused. It was a lot for her to say. "Another line is gone. And Logans arms are apparent. It looks like when a line disappears, a body part of his becomes ghostly. It needs solved before the last line disappears."

"I'm guessing two lines...for both arms. Which means there are six left." Jack predicted. He then looks at her with a smile. You seemed to be alittle more talkative now. He chuckled and as he goes up the stairs with her. "Serenity. I would like to talk with you more during dinner. But there someone who wants to talk to you." He reached Adelays door and opens it. He sees her with the twins dancing about. They soon noticed her and waved at her. "Thank me later..." he saod and takes her in before going out and closing the door.

Serenity tried to walk out of the door but stopped when it was closed. She pressed her back to the cold matter behind her and scritched it with her nails. Looking at the twins, she didn't falter. That was until Adelay got up from her desk to talk infront of it and leaned against it. Her arms were down at her sides and her long white hair flowed around her shoulders and waist. Her mother was always beautiful, she thought. "Are you enjoying bein home?" The question took her by surprise, as if she neither expected Adelay to say something, let alone use a kind voice. Slowly, she nodded.

Jack's back was against the door with his eyes close. He was a fool doing this, but now that he knows the truth he wanted them to be whole again. To be mother and daughter again. He had no regrets for what he did as he gave a silent gult trying his best to hear them. He opens his eyes to see Mercedes coming this way.

Adelay smiled slightly at her. "That's good." it was them she noticed her appearance. The poor girl looked like a peasant. Frowning, she looked at her daughter. "Would you like to have a room?" Serenity didn't move, she was still scritching at the door. Adelay motioned her hands to the twins, "Naomi, Noah will you go find Serenity some clothes?" she asked.

Mercedes held a feather duster in hand. She was trying to dust some of the window seals. Looking up, she looked at Jack. "Oh, hey Jack. Are you trying to speak to Ms. Adelay?"

The twins jumped for joy and rushed out the easily opened the door with jacks back to it, then they closed it still with Jacks back to it. They held hands and zoomed towards the laundry room. Jacks eyes blinked out of supriesed of what happened and then shook his head at mercedes. "I already had my talk. She's now talking to someone else." He said and move a bit so she could listen in as well.

She watched the twins leave and leaned against the door with Jack, listening into what was going on inside.

Adelay sighed and looked around the room, going to the book shelf, she pulled out a very old book, and walked over handing it to her. "It's a scrap book. There's pictures in there or you and your father, Logan and Mercedes and I. It's supposed to be yours. I was never able to give it to you." serenity held the book in her hands and looked at her mother. "Why are you giving this to me now?"

You could hear a pin drop from outside Adelays room. Another silent gulp came out as he heard Serenity ask her mother that. He then looks at Mercedes. Holding his hand to calm himself. "This is intense." He tells her.

"It's yours." Adelay looked at her daughter. She looked do grown up and beautiful. It was Serenity who spoke, it was so quiet. "Why didn't you want me?" Mercedes held Jack's hand, listening intently. Adelay sighed, her shoulders relaxing. "It's not that I didn't want you. Your father decided it was for the best to let you live with your aunt." Serenity scritched the door again. Her mothers gaze unnerved her and made her slightly uncomfortable. "Why didn't you come to get me from the asylum?" Adelay looked away then. "You weren't under my care. When I came to get you, Sophie threatened my life. If I could of got you, I would of."

"I've been meaning to ask. Who is this Sophie?" He asked Mercedes quietly. He could hear the scratching of the door due to Serenity. He just hoped it wouldn't go wrong. currently, in his mind it was so far, so good.

Mercedes signaled that she would tell him later. Serenity stayed quiet. "I think it's time I show you to your room then. We can talk some more later. You look tired." Adelay walked to her and Serenity moved out of the way while she reached to the door knob, turning the handle.

Once she turned the knob, both Jack and Mercedes fell over in a intresting position. Jack was on top of her as their lips nearly touch. He looks up at the two and blushed giving off an akward chuckled. "Um....I think dinner is about to be served..." He said as he got up. As he helps mercedes up, the twins zoomed back. Noah linked one of Serenity's arms with his as Naomi liked the other arm with hers. "Follow us!" The cheerfully said and zoomed her over to an avaliable room.

Serenity looked at Jack ontop of Mercedes and clutched the book to her. Mercedes blushed a light pink and dusted herself off and bent down to grab the duster. Walking off down the hall making sure she'd be at the dinner table. The pink haired girl looked at the twins while she was dragged to her room. Inside, she had a closet full of clothes, her own window, mirror, bed, vanity stand and small bookshelf. She finally had things to call her own. Turning to the twins, she slightly bowed to them. "Thank you."

Jack scratched his head and looked at Mercedes going down the hallway. He turns to Adelay still starnding there was a somewhat normal look. "Once step at a time. I'll still keep my word to keep her from harm." Jack said and turns to go to the dining room. "By the way, now that we got some decent info, would you think it's okay to relieve Shawn from his room probation?"

Back
Top Bottom