Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fallout: A post Apocalyptic Roleplay (OOC) (Scout role open)

• OOH! FALLOUT!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Not Really.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Midnight

Supernova
Fallout

vaultboyftwkidz1.jpg

"War. War never changes"

• The Romans waged war to gain slaves and wealth, Spain built an empire on it's lust for gold, Hitler forged a battered Germany into an economic superpower... But war never changes.

In the twenty first century, War was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also it's weapons, petroleum and uranium. For these reasons, China would invade Alaska, The U.S would Annex Canada, and the UN would disintegrate into a gaggle of bickering nation-states bent on controlling all the remaining resources available.

In the year 2077 the storm of world war had come again, in two brief hours, the wold was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear destruction, a new civilization would struggle to arise. This is the world we all live in now.

Now, many years after the threat of the Enclave was removed from the Capitol Wasteland an new story is about to unfold. Along the Eastern coast of what was the United States of America, New York City was one of the most modern and advanced of all cities, before the War, it was a spectacle, a place where countless people lived their lives. During the war, Plague and rampant crime lead to the city being sealed off from the rest of the nation, isolated from the rest of the world from a giant wall... When the bombs fell all exits of the city were buried, Now, hundred of years after the bombs fell, the city has been reopened... Scavengers travel from all over the wastelands, wanting a chance to strike it rich in the ancient city, full of ancient technology often more advanced than anywhere else just waiting to be taken. Of course the city is full of danger, mutant degenerates, toxic water, dangerous unstable buildings and labyrinthine streets capable of confusing all but the most advanced explorer. Deep in the city things stir, things about to be unleashed by a group of unwary adventurers. ( This part is not concrete or confirmed... just a placeholder for the time being.) [/list:u]

Welcome to the world of FALLOUT.

Hello Folks, I am Midnight, and I want to create a Roleplay based on the Fallout Video game series. Dudeguy and I have been working on it for long enough I have decided to post an interest check to see how many people are interested before taking off and making an OOC.

The purpose of this thread is to determine how many people would be interested in a group roleplay set in the Fallout Universe. I have some ideas for a story, and I will reveal them in a later post. When enough people show interest, and we settle on a plot and on settings I will either rewrite this thread or post a new one and send everybody a link. If you are interested, simply post here and/or check yes in the vote box provided

This thread is also a place to discuss ideas, as the story and setting for this rp have not been set yet. Currently, and by default, the setting will take place on the east coast. Dude and I have come up with quite a few ideas possible for a good story but there is always room for improvement, feel free to discuss character ideas in here as well as anything else you feel like while I make the full OOC thread.

Re: Fallout: A post Apocalyptic Roleplay (Official OOC)

WOO!
We are now in OOC mode.

I am happy the roles filled up so quickly, I am glad people are finding this interesting. I will add notes to the roles, state who has what.

Gunna be adding updates, like the profile thread (Will be replacing the ideas). I am done with my quiz, though I have another due on the 4th. Plenty of time.

Anyone have any more ideas for story or whatever? I would love to hear any ideas, I will be doing something about my post.

Just a question, but of the characters that you've listed, will those be characters in a group together already? So, we'll all be starting off as a team? Or will we be spread out in NY and the beginning of the RP will be focused on forming the team?

We were thinking that everybody who is not one of the survivors of the mission will be coming to the group's base, seeking to join. The first 'mission' will be a trial run to determine if the recruits are good in their category. They have probably been given out some coordinates that they were told to meet at, in the ruined town above the base, where Boss could interview/test them to make sure they aren't infiltrators and are good enough to join the group.

Speaking of which, I think one more role could be a third survivor. Would have to work up relationships with the Lieutenant and the Boss.

Sounds good. I'm just playing around with info and crafting a template profile for my character right now, so just throwing some questions here and there if that's all right.

I'm actually stuck between playing a male or female (though leaning towards female to challenge myself) and whether or not the character would already be at the base for one reason or another. Thoughts?

Alright. ^.^

Male or female is entirely up to you

Well, most people will be starting at or near the base. If your character was the third survivor, he or she would be with The Boss and his second in command inside or outside the place. We will be starting nearly everybody off together.

Yeah, I'm probably going to see what the others are going to be, so I'll use my character to balance out the genders.

Hm.. well, that's up to you, I suppose, if you want my character to be the third survivor? I wouldn't mind either way since I have nothing solid down yet. Good to know we're all going to start relatively near each other though, so we're not spending 90% of the beginning lost XD

Fine by me

You don't have to play a third survivor if you don't want to, if you do, go for it. ^.^
If you are willing to do a little extra planning I would have no problem with ya playing the third, really anybody could. We would need to figure out how your character joined the group in the first part, and how they survived the mission (Which currently I have not planned out. >.>). He or She would be another member of the group, but the third survivor.

^.^
Yeah, it is, I agree there.
The Base will kind of be a hub for our group.

I'd be happy to play the third survivor.

>.>

<.<

If no one else wants to, that is.

Seems Kitten wants to be the third survivor.
We are getting that taken care of, no worries. ^.^

• We're looking pretty good here.

But now that I think about it. . .we do need to figure out the details of the last mission.
    What they were doing, what went wrong, and how the people who lived, lived.
    The first two seem like they'd be relatively easy to put together but. . .that third one.
    That one might be a bit harder.[/list:u]

Yeah... we do need to figure that out. The most obvious thing I can think of is an ambush or some other sort of disaster, perhaps super mutants or something, gravely outnumbering out heroes. I wouldn't say Raiders did it, too disorganized.

• What if. . .they got caught up in the middle of something? Aren't there a couple of factions within the ruins going at it with one another?
    Unexpectedly being caught in the middle of a firefight between the supermutants and the neo-raiders or whatever the other faction was
    would definitely catch them all off guard and would be rather disastrous.[/list:u]

Ah, Neo-Raiders, Forgot all about them.
Yeah, something like that would definitely work. Fox has a lot of experience fighting just supermutants, he knows their weaknesses, the Neo-Raiders are a new threat. Of course, I havn't decided what Neo-Raiders Are (Just humans trapped inside for 200 years? Or a cool name for those new fast FEV mutants?)

• Whatever they are, I'm pretty sure they're bad news.
    And getting sandwiched between two groups who could give a shit less out you in the middle of trying to kill the other people? Yeah, sounds like it'd be a very
    bad situation for them. And it'd make it very hard to get away, especially if the Super Mutants decide they want some food. >>

They could be some FEV mutants, maybe they were on the verge of perfecting the virus before the bombs fell? So the infected people got trapped within and just. . .
    I dunno. I got nothin' at the moment. <<[/list:u]

Getting sandwiched between two groups that both actively want to kill you along the other guys is worse. Yeah, the Supermutants would probably have some other way into the city, or got there first and set up a base somewhere. Neoraiders don't leave the city no matter what they are.

I am thinking Neoraiders have mutated just a little bit compared to the new breed of mutant deep within the city, as they haven't been encountered yet by anybody really, perhaps being sealed deeper inside. It wasn't a perfect FEV strain more than the strain itself and the conditions in which they evolved, evolution to match surroundings. Neoraiders could be just what is left of the human population that 'evolved' a bit on it's own to face it's now very hostile setting. They will be cannibals of course. XP

• Of course they are. What are homicidal genetically mutated people who have been locked away in the ruins of New York City going to eat other than humans?
    XDDD

It's easy to see how so many people would die in an incident like that. The confusion, the panic, it'd be mortifying.
    The question is, how do three people make it out of there alive and in one piece?
    Both of our characters are fairly agile, so running and sneaking wouldn't be too hard for them. Given the circumstances, that would be difficult though.
    Armor would take a huge beating so DR would rapidly drop. . .they would need an escape route. One with good cover.
    They would have to move quickly and carefully too, and would definitely have to cover one another systematically as they left.

Or they could like. . .if this is in the street or something, drop down into a manhole cover and hope to God that it hasn't collapsed and trapped them
    so that they're sitting ducks. I'd say someone is going to have to be carrying some grenades. And a lot of them.[/list:u]

Well, mutated zoo animals, rats. They could just like the taste of outsiders. :3
Course, having the preference in the first place helps, and I do agree, food could get rare in a city that has been locked down for 200 years.

Yeah, they would need something of a miracle, I am thinking most of the people who died sacrificed themselves to save the others. Perhaps they escaped into a tunnel that had not yet collapsed and our old engineer blew himself up to ensure the mutants and N-raiders didn't follow, our old tank stayed behind fighting, and our old tech died in the initial ambush?

Another possibility I have been considering would to be just let anybody who wants to play a survivor play a survivor, it just seems more fair. Perhaps avert the disaster fairly and start with everybody at the base licking their wounds.

Midnight said:
Yeah, they would need something of a miracle, I am thinking most of the people who died sacrificed themselves to save the others. Perhaps they escaped into a tunnel that had not yet collapsed and our old engineer blew himself up to ensure the mutants and N-raiders didn't follow, our old tank stayed behind fighting, and our old tech died in the initial ambush?

If this would help at all on making a decision then I would say that I like this setting more. If you do this one then it could make the ones that want to join harder since the men that died in the attack would be somewhat the same. This would really work if only one new person is to try and join. It could still work just as fine even with two people. I'm just thinking that is all.

• I favor this option as well. I think this is what we ultimately decided on doing.
    Everyone can't be a survivor though, that'll change too much of what we've already got planned.

And I know it's been quiet here for a few days, but Middie has had a few things he's had to take care of
    in the past few days. We should have things gearing up to get started soon enough.[/list:u]

Blargh sorry about that. I was very busy through the weekend, and still recovering from all the hubbub.
As Dude said, the gears will be grinding and things will be moving again shortly.

• It's been quiet here so I know everyone is wondering when something is going to happen.
    Well, wonder no more gents and germs, as I bring you the wonderous, glorious, fantasical, profile skeletons!
    A thread will be up for these sometime soon, but by all means, do get started on them!
    This is just one more step towards us actually starting the RP, so the sooner these are all done, the better![/list:u]

Code:
    [center][b]->>Name::[/b] ( -Your Character's Real Name- )[/center]

[list][b]->>Other Aliases::[/b] ( -Nicknames, Handles, Titles, or other names your character is known by or goes by- )
    [b]->>Date of Birth::[/b] ( -Keep in mind, the year in the RP is 2288- )
    [b]->>Age::[/b] ( -How Many Years Your Character Has Been Alive- )
    [b]->>Ethnicity::[/b] ( -Caucasian, African American, Hispanic, or Asian- )[/list]

[list][b]->>Height::[/b] ( -How Tall- )
    [b]->>Hair Color::[/b] ( -This Should Be Self-Explanatory- )
    [b]->>Eye Color::[/b] ( -As Should This- )
    [b]->>Appearance::[/b] ( -What Your Character Looks Like. Pictures And Descriptions Please.- )[/list]

[list][b]->>Role::[/b] ( -The Job The Character Does For The Group- )
    [b]->>Off Duty Role::[/b] ( -Someone Has To Clean Things Up After All- )
    [b]->>Habits::[/b] ( -A Nervous Tick? An Eye Twitch? Things Your Character May Or May Not Realize That They Do.- )
    [b]->>Likes::[/b] ( -Everyone Likes Something- )
    [b]->>Dislikes::[/b] ( -And Everyone Dislikes Something- )
    [b]->>Fears::[/b] ( -No Matter How Tough They Are, Something Makes Them Jump Like A Little Girl- )
    [b]->>Personality Dossier::[/b] ( -What Kind of Person Is Your Character?- )[/list]

[list][b]->>Relationships::[/b] ( -Bonds With Another Character- )
    [b]->>Background::[/b] ( -The Character's History, Told In The First Person Perspective.Be Sure To Let The Character Shine Through Here.- )[/list]

[list][b]->>Tag Skills::[/b] ( -The Character's Three Best Skills. Please See Note Below for More Information- )
    [b]->>Favored SPECIAL::[/b] ( -The Two Highest Stats. Please See Note Below for More Information- )
    [b]->>Perks::[/b] ( -Three For Survivors And Two For Newcomers. Please See Note Below for More Information- )[/list]

[list][b]->> Primary Weapon::[/b] ( -A Baseball Bat Breaks Legs Effectively, Remember That Kids! No High End Weapons Here- )
    [list][b]->> Secondary Weapon/s::[/b] ( -You Have To Shoot That Super Mutant In The Head With Something! No High End Weapons Here- )
    [b]->>Equipment::[/b] ( -Your Character's Clothing/Accessories. Nothing High End- )[/list]

[list][b]->>Music::[/b] ( -Two Songs At The Most Please- )
    [b]->>Played By::[/b] ( -Your User Name Goes Here- )[/list]

• For More Information on Skills, Perks, and SPECIAL, please see the following links: Skills. Perks. SPECIAL.

Let's all remember that this is just the beginning. When creating your characters, please keep your equipment and weapons within reason. No one will start with power armor and plasma rifles. No one.[/list:u]

• Good. . .
    Really looking forward to seeing all of the characters.
    I know about Middie and Kitten's characters already, and of course my own.
    So far, they seem like an interesting bunch. I can't wait to see the others~[/list:u]

• Posting once again just to see how things are going with everyone.
    I'm almost done with my profile here, and I think Kitten has already finished hers.
    I haven't talked to Middie in a couple of days so I don't know where he is on things,
    but last time we spoke he was talking about revising the information on the first page
    so that it's more. . .explanatory? Informative I guess is the word I'm looking for.

Anyway. . .how's everyone doing?[/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom