Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fallout: A post Apocalyptic Roleplay (OOC) (Scout role open)

• OOH! FALLOUT!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yes.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Not Really.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Midnight

Supernova
Fallout

vaultboyftwkidz1.jpg

"War. War never changes"

• The Romans waged war to gain slaves and wealth, Spain built an empire on it's lust for gold, Hitler forged a battered Germany into an economic superpower... But war never changes.

In the twenty first century, War was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also it's weapons, petroleum and uranium. For these reasons, China would invade Alaska, The U.S would Annex Canada, and the UN would disintegrate into a gaggle of bickering nation-states bent on controlling all the remaining resources available.

In the year 2077 the storm of world war had come again, in two brief hours, the wold was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear destruction, a new civilization would struggle to arise. This is the world we all live in now.

Now, many years after the threat of the Enclave was removed from the Capitol Wasteland an new story is about to unfold. Along the Eastern coast of what was the United States of America, New York City was one of the most modern and advanced of all cities, before the War, it was a spectacle, a place where countless people lived their lives. During the war, Plague and rampant crime lead to the city being sealed off from the rest of the nation, isolated from the rest of the world from a giant wall... When the bombs fell all exits of the city were buried, Now, hundred of years after the bombs fell, the city has been reopened... Scavengers travel from all over the wastelands, wanting a chance to strike it rich in the ancient city, full of ancient technology often more advanced than anywhere else just waiting to be taken. Of course the city is full of danger, mutant degenerates, toxic water, dangerous unstable buildings and labyrinthine streets capable of confusing all but the most advanced explorer. Deep in the city things stir, things about to be unleashed by a group of unwary adventurers. ( This part is not concrete or confirmed... just a placeholder for the time being.) [/list:u]

Welcome to the world of FALLOUT.

Hello Folks, I am Midnight, and I want to create a Roleplay based on the Fallout Video game series. Dudeguy and I have been working on it for long enough I have decided to post an interest check to see how many people are interested before taking off and making an OOC.

The purpose of this thread is to determine how many people would be interested in a group roleplay set in the Fallout Universe. I have some ideas for a story, and I will reveal them in a later post. When enough people show interest, and we settle on a plot and on settings I will either rewrite this thread or post a new one and send everybody a link. If you are interested, simply post here and/or check yes in the vote box provided

This thread is also a place to discuss ideas, as the story and setting for this rp have not been set yet. Currently, and by default, the setting will take place on the east coast. Dude and I have come up with quite a few ideas possible for a good story but there is always room for improvement, feel free to discuss character ideas in here as well as anything else you feel like while I make the full OOC thread.

Re: Fallout Roleplay (Interest/Planning)

Second post Rules.

Rules:
Rules are to be followed, do not contest me anywhere here, what I say, goes. I am somewhat lenient when it comes to most of my rules, except for Rule 2, since violating that ruins everybody's mood. Just letting everyone know beforehand what rules will be present.

Rule 1 - Literacy: While there will be some expectations of literacy for this roleplay, they will not be absurdly high, and will accommodate those who play. 2-3 paragraphs minimum, but I will have no one liners and chatspeak. I don't much care about spelling and grammar so long as we can all read it without getting a headache.

Rule 2 - No Godmodding, Autohitting or other N00b bullshit: Self-explanatory, I have no patience for these things, expect to be kicked out unless I see it is an honest mistake. I shouldn't have to post examples, and I will be very unhappy if I have to, if you do not know what these things are, ask me... >.>

Rule 3 - No sex in the thread: as with all my roleplays, Sex is to be done outside the thread if it happens, it kills stories by spamming up threads. I don't mind flirting and sexual jabs, even romance, but too much and I will ask you to get a room.

Rule 4 - Source Knowledge: Since this roleplay is based on a video game series, it is recommended that you actually know something about the existing stuff in order to be effective in the roleplay. You aren't REQUIRED to have play all of the games or even any of the games, but to know the story and general air helps greatly in preventing you from making a fool out of yourself. The game has a wiki, you can learn everything there is to know in like 10 minutes. Really, the only pages you need to read are the pages on The Fallout World, Mutation and it's Causes, and possibly anything under the first link that sparks your interest, such as creatures, look up DeathClaws especially.

Rule 4 - Ideas - Feel free to share your ideas with us, if you come up with something that could be used for a plot, don't be afraid to share it, the wost thing that could happen is it being politely declined, otherwise you may see it happen in the rp!

Re: Fallout Roleplay (Interest/Planning)

Info

This is the culmination of all the details we have gathered.

-Setting-

Map of the Eastern U.S. Potential roleplay locations have no "T" ot "3"

Setting

NYC- The great city, the Big Apple, The Capital of the Worldâ?¦ All of those names used to belong to one of the most impressive cities in the Unites States of America. NYC was once the most populous and iconic city in America, a technological paradise, a city of the future. Unfortunately, NYC was also one of the first cities to fall to decay before the Great War. When the plague struck it hit NYC so hard that the entire city was forced to be quarantined, giant walls built around the city, tunnels collapsed save for a few checkpoints. Crime and chaos soon grew rampant in the city, social order falling apart as the plague ravished the city, and soon the government gave up and closed the city off for good, only a year before the Great War. When the bombs fell NY was not actually hit that hard, in itâ??s decay it had lost itâ??s iconic nature, only a few bombs struck, one of which getting lucky and striking central park, the location of one of the labs where the US government was experimenting with biological weapons (and one of the reasons for quarantining the city) The virus spread through the city and only the city as a result, and all contact was lost for the next 200 years. Shortly after the brotherhood of steel defeated the enclave in 2278 NYC was reopened, the tunnel that was once a US military checkpoint hollowed out, and the scavenging rush began. NYC is full of still pristine technology, up for grabs, but unfortunately it is full of dangers, the modified TVEV virus made most of the life in the city hostile and turned even the least of creatures into dangerous predators that stalk the darkened streets, the current â??humanâ?? population of the city is incredible hostile, and environmental hazards from pools of intensely irradiated water to buildings that threaten to collapse at the slightest provocation. Human civilization is mostly outside the city, with small settlements scattered along the wall. (The largest of these being right outside the main entrance to the city, Lincoln City) Supermutants have since invaded the city, and almost every day battle is waging through the city between brotherhood checkpoints, indigenous Neo Raiders, and Super Mutants seeking the New FEV

The Hole- the Hole is the groupâ??s headquarters. Originally some sort of shelter, perhaps a fallout shelter, perhaps an outpost of some sort, that The Boss and his second in command found when they began their career as mercenaries and scavengers. The two stayed overnight, and found a well hidden access hatch into the sewer below, then a door that lead inside the base. Inside were a number of supplies and weapons that had been stocked up, a couple of skeletons, and an old, deactivated Mr. Handy. Since then, Lucien and Hawk have fixed up the base, and restored it much to its former glory. The Baseâ??s entrance lies is cleverly hidden in the ruins of the town above, and leads down to a long sewer passageway that leads to the complexâ??s real entrance, only accusable through a code. Inside the base is rather roomy, the outpost had multiple rooms with various purposes, including a Rec Room and quarters for up to seven.

Vault 72 â?? Vaut 72 is a Vault located about half a day north of the Bronx Wall along the coast. The vault was originally filled with criminals, rapists, murderers, thieves, even prostitutes. Against predicted results, the Vault did not end with a bloodbath, but instead the strongest criminal of the bunch, the first overseer took control and enforced order. Vault 72 is now a city built around the Vault, though the original criminal inhabitants shaped out, the current arenâ??t exactly angels. The city is run by organized crime that is very hostile towards anybody who messes up business in what almost seems to be a parody of government, steal something, or cut up a whore, and you might not come out with your kneecaps intact. Vault 72â??s population is neutral with mercenary forces and often employs mercs for various purposes.

Story-

Factions-

Brotherhood of steel - The brotherhood of steel ventured north after the activation of Project Purity eventually finding their way into the massive walled New York City. Lyonâ??s brotherhood now has a large presence in New York City, based in the main tunnel entrance to NY, they oversee everything going in and going out of the main tunnel and oversee the checkpoints into the great city. The Brotherhood pays scavengers for any bits of technology, they occasionally get weapons and items out of it, but more valuable are holodisks hidden around NY full of priceless data.

Talon Corps. - Previously known as Talon Company, the Wastelandâ??s most feared mercenary organization has gone through some changes, their numbers were severely reduced in Capital wasteland thanks to the actions of the Lone Wanderer, killing the areaâ??s commanding officer, Jobsco, then removing Jobscoâ??s second command and Talonâ??s star officer, Fox. Unfortunately, the mercs werenâ??t done, having already established a main base in NY. With the destruction and decapitation of the enclave, the organization split, and some of the old officers and generals took control of the Talons, renaming Talon Company into Talon Corps to supplement their boosted numbers. Talons typically come in three ranks, grunts, officers and elites. Talon corps has it out for the boss, and they are up to no good, they are best to be avoided.

Supermutants â?? Bulky, green/yellow skinned brutes with permanent sneers on their faces. Originally, this breed of mutants came from Vault 87, but spread by dipping living humans into FEV. In the past years, remnants of the Masterâ??s army, from over a hundred years ago, have taken control, these mutants are smarter (somewhat) and more experienced, and still devoted to Unity. The mutants have found a way into NYC and are engaged in a constant turf war with both Neo-raiders and Brotherhood forces. Most supermutants our group encounters in the city will be hostile and should be avoided or eliminated. Some Supermutants are less hostile and insane than their breatheren, especially the trickle of west coast supermutants that have begin popping up recently, unfortunately, this is difficult to tell until they start shooting.

Raiders â?? Anarchistic ruffians of the wasteland. Raiders hate everybody and are universally hated by everybody. They have numbers but that is about it, they are cowardly, poorly armed, and disorganized, especially since Talon severed connections with them.

Slavers â?? Slavery of course is just as prominent in the big apple wasteland as it is in the capitol wasteland. Slavers run lucrative contracts with Talons and commonly raid smaller, less protected communities on the borders of larger cities. Slavers are more organized than raiders, but are just as unpleasant. Unless our group runs afoul of slavers they wonâ??t go hostile. Unfortunately conflict seems inevitable as both the leaders despise slavers.

Critters - Various mutated critters inside and outside the city were all affected by radiation and by the mutant FEV strain, the ones inside the city are more vicious thanks to the T-strain virus. Those outside are not so much, and there are rumors of certain individuals who are able to tame these creatures (animal friend perk)

Deathclaws â??
Deathclaws are enormous reptilian monsters that stalk everywhere in the wasteland, favoring larger cities where they can hunt more easily. Once feared as demons and beasts of legend Deathclaws stand more than 10 feet tall and have razor sharp claws capable of cutting power armor. Inside the city lives a clan of intelligent, more peaceful Deathclaws. Unfortunatelyâ?¦ it can be very difficult to tell the intelligent clans of Deathclaws to the ones who would gladly tear a human being in half upon sighting them. Deathclaws can be found all over the city, in various territories for one reason alone. Talking or not. NO ONE fucks with deathclaws.

Neo-Raiders â?? The â??Originalâ? human inhabitants of the great city, though they arenâ??t so much human anymore. 200 years of isolation and seclusion, radiation, and TFEV have twisted these humans into something else. While they are still mostly humans, they act chaotic and are brutally hostile to all outsiders, acting a lot like raiders, hence their names. Neoraiders hide their appearances behind makeshift masks and bindings, not letting an inch show, they communicate through howls and barks and words of a foreign language and fight with guns and wicked melee weapons. Neoraiders are exceptionally skilled with traps and are strong and face enough to actively hunt Super Mutants. Neoraiders are much more intelligent than their fully â??evolvedâ?? counterparts, the Dwellers, they have their own language and culture, some wastelanders have made attempts to commutate, some successful, others ending up roasting over an open flame.

Dwellers â?? While a Neoraiderâ??s exposure to TFEV is minimal and almost hereditary, Dwellers were at some time immersed fully in the virus, as a result they have changed radically, becoming fast and unpleasantly tough, their eyes vanishing in favor of more advance smelling and hearing, their mouths being replaced with a maw full of what seems to be wows of jagged teeth, their skin becoming tough and leathery much like a supermutant. Dwellers only live deep in the city, and are hostile to all factions, even some of their own groups. Do not let their animalistic behavior fool you, they are intelligent and sentient, they are skilled at setting up crude traps and are the top of NYCâ??s food chain.

Re: Fallout: A post Apocalyptic Roleplay (Interest/Planning)

-Roles

I can see Roles being written out are as such, the first two are survivors of the ambush, and up to one more can be chosen as survivors instead of new members of the group, all others are new. The Tag skills I write down are of course only recommended save for the ones that make the role that specialty. All roles should have some kind of combat skill too, or at least be able to defend themselves.

The Boss- The leader and head of the group - I will likely play this character. A very balanced character with a wide variety of skills centered on Speech

A Lieutenant- The Boss's second in command, Reserved by Dudeguy. The Lieutenant is the group's sniper as well as the second-in-command.

A Tech- Handles the technical stuff, hacks computers, works with high tech stuff, may be mixed with the medic. Could use energy weapons. - Still open

An Engineer- Keeps the group's gear in shape, repairs, demolitions, all that neat stuff. -Reserved for Crazy Shank

A Medic- Keeps the other characters in shape. Medicine is a required ability. -Reserved for ikitten

A Tank- Somebody's gonna have to have the heavy stuff, Big Guns, Explosives, Big melee weapons maybe. - Reserved for November Snow

A Scout- A sneaky individual, lockpicking, sneaking, lifting stuff from unsuspecting guards. Open :(

And now I wait. Post and vote folks.
Any of your ideas are appreciated.

ANd I am sorry for any information overload,

• It's been quiet here so I know everyone is wondering when something is going to happen.
    Well, wonder no more gents and germs, as I bring you the wonderous, glorious, fantasical, profile skeletons!
    A thread will be up for these sometime soon, but by all means, do get started on them!
    This is just one more step towards us actually starting the RP, so the sooner these are all done, the better![/list:u]

Code:
    [center][b]->>Name::[/b] ( -Your Character's Real Name- )[/center]

[list][b]->>Other Aliases::[/b] ( -Nicknames, Handles, Titles, or other names your character is known by or goes by- )
    [b]->>Date of Birth::[/b] ( -Keep in mind, the year in the RP is 2288- )
    [b]->>Age::[/b] ( -How Many Years Your Character Has Been Alive- )
    [b]->>Ethnicity::[/b] ( -Caucasian, African American, Hispanic, or Asian- )[/list]

[list][b]->>Height::[/b] ( -How Tall- )
    [b]->>Hair Color::[/b] ( -This Should Be Self-Explanatory- )
    [b]->>Eye Color::[/b] ( -As Should This- )
    [b]->>Appearance::[/b] ( -What Your Character Looks Like. Pictures And Descriptions Please.- )[/list]

[list][b]->>Role::[/b] ( -The Job The Character Does For The Group- )
    [b]->>Off Duty Role::[/b] ( -Someone Has To Clean Things Up After All- )
    [b]->>Habits::[/b] ( -A Nervous Tick? An Eye Twitch? Things Your Character May Or May Not Realize That They Do.- )
    [b]->>Likes::[/b] ( -Everyone Likes Something- )
    [b]->>Dislikes::[/b] ( -And Everyone Dislikes Something- )
    [b]->>Fears::[/b] ( -No Matter How Tough They Are, Something Makes Them Jump Like A Little Girl- )
    [b]->>Personality Dossier::[/b] ( -What Kind of Person Is Your Character?- )[/list]

[list][b]->>Relationships::[/b] ( -Bonds With Another Character- )
    [b]->>Background::[/b] ( -The Character's History, Told In The First Person Perspective.Be Sure To Let The Character Shine Through Here.- )[/list]

[list][b]->>Tag Skills::[/b] ( -The Character's Three Best Skills. Please See Note Below for More Information- )
    [b]->>Favored SPECIAL::[/b] ( -The Two Highest Stats. Please See Note Below for More Information- )
    [b]->>Perks::[/b] ( -Three For Survivors And Two For Newcomers. Please See Note Below for More Information- )[/list]

[list][b]->> Primary Weapon::[/b] ( -A Baseball Bat Breaks Legs Effectively, Remember That Kids! No High End Weapons Here- )
    [list][b]->> Secondary Weapon/s::[/b] ( -You Have To Shoot That Super Mutant In The Head With Something! No High End Weapons Here- )
    [b]->>Equipment::[/b] ( -Your Character's Clothing/Accessories. Nothing High End- )[/list]

[list][b]->>Music::[/b] ( -Two Songs At The Most Please- )
    [b]->>Played By::[/b] ( -Your User Name Goes Here- )[/list]

• For More Information on Skills, Perks, and SPECIAL, please see the following links: Skills. Perks. SPECIAL.

Let's all remember that this is just the beginning. When creating your characters, please keep your equipment and weapons within reason. No one will start with power armor and plasma rifles. No one.[/list:u]

^.^
Hopefully we can get some folks interested, put down some ideas.
That would be cool. Any other ideas I have I will post here from here on out.

• Sounds good man. We can definitely toss them around here.
    We should definitely come up with some new sorts of equipment and tech.
    Add some different kinds of weapons too. Like some kind of boats. . .maybe
    some salvaged road vehicle of sorts?[/list:u]

Yes, all of that sounds great. I imagine that the group could use some sort of vehicle. Perhaps the Boss could have acquired a kind of car or something, mehbe a truck or a modified highwayman.

Course any weapons and items in the fallout series are perfectly fine, too. Fallout 3 will be the main template for weapons and items if the game takes place on the east coast. That is the game most people have played anyway. So that is cool.

• Definitely a truck or a highway man. They're gonna need to haul stuff. Also going to be a big issue when things are found - what can and what can't be brought along.

3 is a good template. But don't most Fallout games add location specific types of items? I'm thinking that there should definitely be something of that sort for our RP too. Definitely going to need things better suited for salvage since that's a big thing. Further on something to help them cope with the water. . .[/list:u]

-Islurkingthisthread- I want to join....but needs more...erm...look up on the games. XD I've read a bit. But...yeah I wanna make sure I understand before I reserve anything on that lovely list of roles. :3

• Bow-chicka-wow-wow.
    Interest +1.

And it's Vali! Unexpected yet awesome.
    As Middie said, if you just checkout the Fallout Wiki and take a look around for a few minutes you'll easily understand just about everything you need to know.
    Faction wise, I'd say make sure you understand the Brotherhood of Steel and the Talon Mercenaries since they'll be playing a role in what's happening here.
    Enclave especially. Not that they'll be playing a big role in things in this RP, but for the sake of knowing what happened, I'm guessing, prior to this story.
    - And on that note, Middie, is this post-FO3 or what? -
    TAG, SPECIAL, and Perks. . .definitely would want to know what those things are.
    Our location is purely made up so there really isn't much you could look at on that one.
    FEV. . .Super Mutants. . .most of the enemies Middie or I can talk about in RP, so I wouldn't tell you to go and look through all of them.

And to understand the atmosphere of the game. . .I'd just search for some vids on youtube. It's a rather. . .dark game. Humor wise. A very "dog eat dog", "eye for an eye" type world too.[/list:u]

I like post Apocalyptic type rps....there hasn't been any floating around...and blaarg if I have the patience to create a group rp right now. This came in handeh. ^_^ -goestoreadwikipageagain- Read it already....just need to read it again. XD

Location specific items? I don't really know, Fallout 3 changed the looks on lots of items, the combat shotgun. Fallout 3 did have some weapons and items that the previous game didn't, and 2 had more than both combined (seriously, there is like 3 guns for every ammo type). Our characters will be able to use what they can carry, no hyperspace backpacks. A primary weapon and a secondary weapon are preferred, mehbe a melee weapon. The trunk of a highwayman or the back of a truck will be handy, and The Boss may have a robot for heavy stuff.

Though the question is how far can they get the thing into the city?

@ Vali
Well,
All you need to learn is about the setting and grand scheme of things, you don't need to know anything about the actual games storywise. Just the critters, weapons, items even. This wiki has everything you possibly need to know. But all that Dude said are things you may want to look up.

Fallout has a wonderfuly grim sense of humor.
And Bethesda did a wonderful job at catching the snarky protagonist.

"To... Tired... to... be... snide" - The lone wanderer after being asked what massive radiation poisoning feels like.

If you want, chat with me and I can fill you in on some things.

• Hahaha. . .loved that answer. That one and the response like it for the massive injuries one. XDDD
    Definitely like the smart-assery.

A Mister Handy/Gusty would probably be best for dealing with hauling things from within the ruins. Or a similar modified type of machine. It would definitely need to float I think. Probably wouldn't be able to get too far into the city with the truck/highwayman at first. Maybe a short ways beyond the brotherhood barricade? Or maybe they would have/have to map out a drivable path within the ruins?

I would say the melee weapons would depend on the size. You can carry more knives on you than you could a sword or a hammer. And they're lighter.

The world isn't that complicated though. So it won't take long for anyone who isn't knowledgeable of it to learn about it.[/list:u]

Fallout is all Post-apocalypse, oh yes, deserts everywhere, struggling to survive, threats from raiders and slavers. One of the more unique things is the retro-future feel. The U.S was stuck in the fifties for a hundred years. Even that isn't very prominent save for the scenery.

I love almost all the dialogue with Moira, of course, you can't be too snarky without messing up your reward.
The only thing they left out in that game was a 4 or lower intelligence deal, Which I heard they are working into Vegas.

Yeah, if you can carry it without it weighing you down... Having a gatling laser and a rocket launcher on your person for example is gunna be hard unless you are pretty strong.

Yeah, it isn't hard to learn about, not that different from other big PA dealies... they take a lot of stuff from Mad Max. Like the highwayman. XP, Forgot Ghouls, we are going to be running into them, too.

I am thinking, maybe I should make a list or something.

And to answer your earlier question, yeah, this will be post F3
How many years I am not certain, mehbe 5, mehbe 15

One possible backgrounds I have for The Boss was that he actually fought the wanderer late in the wanderer's quest. He lost of course, got Koed and was kicked out of the Talons for failure. That or he helped the wanderer at some point against orders. why he got kicked out, I havn't figured out.

Anyway, the enclave is gone and Cap. Wasteland has clean water, which could be shipped north to the big apple.

• I thought Moira was pretty funny. The not-quite mad scientist. If anything, she was just whacky.
    But yes, lower intelligence responses are back.

The tank will probably be the only one able to carry such big equipment around. They'd move very slowly though. Everyone should carry a couple of stimpacks and some Rad-X or something. My character will probably be carrying around/somewhat dependent on Mentats. The medic will probably have all of the heavier kinds of things. Like super-stimpacks and the like. Definitely going to have a purpose even if everyone else has their own little things.

I really do like how accessible the game and the universe of the game are. Complex in it's simplicity. And even at it's worse, it's easily understandable.

So long as the vault's water chip isn't broken they can get pure water from there. I'm not sure if they could ship water from the capital wasteland all the way up to NYC, but the brotherhood from the capital could spread the needed information around, so more people will know how to purify the water.

Somewhere between 5 and 10 years sounds good. Travel time is needed, and then the boss would have to settle down and get things going, establish a business, and grow it a bit. Let me know when you decide on a number so we can form a bit of pre-RP time line and establish some history with our characters.[/list:u]

YUS!
Vegas will fear the return of Durp-Durp, the terrible retard!

Yeah, the characters should carry equipment that fits their role and their specialization. Some of the 'bad' drugs I can see The Boss not allowing. Kind of pointless to be flying high on Jet during a firefight. I imagine he could have a Vice of his own, maybe Nuka-Cola.

5-10 years... maybe more, It shouldn't take that much time to travel up towards NY, and the events of F3 could have happened up to when the boss was eighteen years old, would give seven years for the move and getting kicked out if the boss was 25 at the time of our story. (25-27 was the age I was thinking of making him) I imagine that during those events the NY area was flourishing too, and stuff was going down there, Brotherhood sent word down south that they found NYC again, and got their attention that way.

The vault would have a water chip. That will likely be where it comes from, hell, there could be some conflict between the vault dwellers and the Brotherhood with their aqua-pura.

• The group should definitely have a durp durp person. XD

Yeah, not Jet. No Psycho either. Maybe some buffout? That would have to be an extreme situation though. I can see that having some nasty kick back when it's all said and done. Mentats aren't so bad. Nuka-Cola isn't either.

Finding NYC would be a big thing for them. Especially since there would be so much there that was lost. Think about all of the museums and such down town. Art, Historical, Technological. There would be a lot to find there. I can see them working and building up to a surprisingly functional society, especially since they're all descendants of criminals. The question is, which faction of the Brotherhood would they get in touch with? The Outcasts or Lyon's Brotherhood? That will have a major effect on the relationship they have with the people there.

I can see a lot of bartering and "business" being done. Still think there should be some mafia-esque presence there.

And I just ran into one of "them".[/list:u]
    I give you Wannamigo 3D. It's dead though. Only time it's good for anything. Thing appeared with 3 Yao Gai and two Bloat Flies. And a Mister Gutsy. Then a throwdown with a torrent of Feral Ghouls. All on very hard. :]

No, I don't think so.
XD
The heavy could be not-so-bright.
But Durp-Durp literally can only babble and drool (I just completed a quest with him and I was rewarded with a cookie with a bite taken from it) Durp replied with "Yum!"
Freakishly strong and fast, but no party members and no skills.

No jet or psycho, too dangerous, too addictive. Addictions only have a drain on finances, unless it isn't too bad. Nuca cola just makes you a bit hyper. That or he could be a chain smoker like Jericho, this only makes him more badass in the long run but would hurt his endurance.

The Vault Dwellers started as criminals, but that was along time ago, subsequent generations would be less criminally inclined than the original group and some semblance of order maintained, they could use the Talon force as peacekeepers, we could go with a gangster type thing, or perhaps just an area with looser laws (As most of the Capitol wasteland was versus say NCR or Vault city)

Probably Lyon's group, though the outcasts wouldn't mind having mercs do their dirty work if they see it below them. My character will handle outside contact most of the time.

Hahaha! Right on! A little chunky, but I love it. Aw Jeez, I see so much stuff I can't have in the Xbox version -totally jealous- Nice outfit too. That 'mingo looks pretty much like the ones in F1 and F2 too.
How does one take Screen shots?

• I guess that's for the best. . .though they could always shoot Durp-Durp in the head and throw'em to the wolves. XD

I thought smoking was like. . .standard? My character will smoke. Not in the thick of things, but like at base camp. Yay for lung cancer!
    Nothing is better than walking out of the student activity center and running into a bunch of paramedics speed smoking.
    I don't know how much I would trust Talon as peacekeepers. I'd definitely trust a group of gangsters more. Sadly. Gangsters that have a grip on most of the business in the area. At the same time, I think they would instill some rules by which everyone follows. Maybe they would contract Talon to keep those rules, but they would definitely keep a close eye on them, to make sure that they don't violate the rules either.

Maybe both should be there. The Outcasts would definitely be more ruthless and less friendly towards the inhabitants there than Lyon's group would. I can actually see trust and some sort of friendship being built up between them there. It'd definitely be interesting if the two factions clashed there though.

I use FRAPS for screenshots. It can record video too. Just map a key to take the screenshots and hit it while playing.[/list:u]

Hrm, I need to think of some personality quirks for him, he will smoke, of course, but I will figure out something else. Your character could be pretty versed in his quirks, having known him for a while.
Talon would be a little different from the Cap group. As I said above, they would be a little looser with outsiders, not killing everybody not wearing their uniform like they did in F3. Of course they are still the nastiest mercs around, and are still very evil, though they have their own agenda here... I would say Talon Comp, perhaps having received some enclave survivors evolved a bit, and are now more focused than just spreading chaos.

The Boss quit the Talons, or was kicked out (or escaped custody, or something...) at some point, one possibility is him not being on the best standing with them, he doesn't share the same mentality, and has done some stuff he isn't quite proud of as an officer.

They would be more organized up here, more dangerous. But I agree, on second thought, they wouldn't work for peacekeeping, but they could do the black-ops stuff for them. Lyon's brotherhood group would certainly be trying to help locals, Outcasts would be more direct, trying to just get in. I can see all that happening.

Hrm, I have no such thing. Oh well. >.>

• http://www.fraps.com/ - You can just use the free version. I do and it works just fine for me.

I'm going to head to bed after this post and sleep on the idea. By tomorrow, I should have a solid idea in mind for my character. Once I do I'll send some details to you so we can start building up on their back story. I'm sure that they've both known each other for some years before the story here starts. They'll definitely know one another well enough to know each others quirks and such.

With Talon involved, nothing good can come of anything. That much I'm certain of. So, whatever their agenda, or their ultimate goal ends up being, I'm sure a lot of people are going to end up dead in the end. Them or others. And if the Boss has a problem with them, they're definitely going to have a problem with our group here. Which means one more threat to add to the mutated animals, FEV monstrosities, and the general assholery of some of the people in the town. Awesomeness.

I think we have a good idea of where the factions all stand now. I'd definitely map it all out and post it up as information here in the thread, so people have some idea of what to expect there.[/list:u]

Works for me. Our characters will have been working together for some time after all.

Oh yeah, Talon is up to no good of course, just because that over the years they have become more organized doesn't mean they are less evil. They are still the most ruthless bastards in the wastes, now they are just deadlier. XP And that certainly would add another danger, though the extra conflict could be other talons and The Boss exchanging harsh words once in a while (he just went soft to them) to having a hit on him.

Yeah, I need to think of my character's stuff overnight too. I have an idea of what I want, but how to get it... not so certain.

I will work on a profile sheet too.

---------------
Yeah, I will take from what we have worked out and add it to the info section.

I added some reading material to the rules post. The Fallout World Wiki page has pretty much everything a person needs to know on the subject, and grants the ability to dig deeper.

Back
Top Bottom