Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Laird of the Land (buttefly0408/kolath)

Kael waited as he heard the sound of the lock and then after a moment when it didn't sound again his eyes narrowed. "Damn you being stubborn," he whispered under his breath. Moving quickly he slipped down the hall to the next room finding the door open on a storage closet. He moved through the room finding it had a balcony just like hers did. Stepping out onto the balcony he looked across the slightly curved wall judging his options. It was too far to jump but the stone was rough and there were many hand holds that he could use to bring himself over. It also helped that hanging down the side of the wall were the trailing end of some ivy.

He slowly worked his way across the wall being careful to try every hand and foot hold before placing his weight on it using the vines of the ivy when he could. After several minuets he landed on her balcony leaning back against the railing catching his breath. Finally he came around the corner into her room and moving over to her he sat down on the bed laying his hand on her back. "Blair, please don't shut me out, I want to be here for you."

Blair started retreating into her own sorrows the moment she tossed herself onto the bed, crying like a hurt child into the pillow. Perhaps this for her was the most health reaction for her. It could have been worse. She could have not cried at all and let it all become a poison festering inside her. It still could.

How could she think they may accept her back? They didn't want her here before so what would change it now? Just because she married Kael? Ha. If anything now she had drug his reputation into the mud. She really didn't bring anything good into Kael's life did she? She did not even realize the whole time she was denouncing herself in her own mind the voice there sounded an awful lot like her father's voice.

Kael's arrival into her room went unnoticed and she just kept on crying until she felt the shift in the bed and his hand touched her back. She shot up at once startled and looked into his face, shocked. She glanced towards the door, seeing it still shut and her confusion only grew more. Her gaze traveled to the still cracked balcony door. "Don't you dare tell me you climb in through the window!" she yelled at him through her tears. It as not rage in her voice but that of concern over him.

Kael looked at the door to the balcony and snapped his fingers as though the thought had just accrued to him. "That would have been so much easier, I had turned myself into water and forced my way through the door but I wish I had thought of the balcony." He looked back at her a roguish grin on his face. It only lasted a moment before he moved closer gently taking her hand. "Blair it hurts to see you in so much pain so don't think that anything even a barred door will keep me from you." He reached out brushing a hand over her cheek if she let him.

Her face was a fine jumble of too many emotions all at once. All blending together to almost seemingly make a new emotion on her face all together. He could only get a glimpse at it thought for a moment. His hand brushed over her cheek and all at once she toss her face back down into the pillow again to hide from him, "Just leave me alone Kael. I'm far to embarrassed to talk about this. Just leave me alone and I'll be fine by morning." That should be enough time to cry it all out and done the proper outer, unaffected appearance to show.

He smiled and moved to pull her close to him making the place she buried her face be his chest. He wasn't rough about it but forceful not giving her an option but not in a harsh way. He just knew what was best and so he make sure she knew that too. He kissed her hair softly holding her even if she tried to pull away, "Not a chance, I'm not going to leave you like this. You don't have to talk just let it all out till you can or untill there is nothing more to let out. It's okay I have all night if need be."

She certainly did struggle enough with him over it, trying to fight her way out of his hands and back into her pillow but he was once again proving he was much stronger then her and eventually she ended up with her forehead pressed against his chest. "There is nothing more to let out..." she tried to convince him as she held back and further tears from coming out even though the way her face was twisted up it was clear to see there still was a great deal that wanted to come out of her.

Kael smiled as her body was still so tense from the held back emotion he didn't even need to see her face to know she was holding back. He brushed her hair with his hand just holding her there still sighing. "Mmmm okay, if you say so." He still held her not letting her go knowing the dam would burst eventually no matter how she fought it.

"Why are you doing this?" she asked suddenly, the emotion clearly caught in her voice as she spoke into his chest. "Why will you not just let me be to handle this my own way? Maybe I won't WANT to let it out. Perhaps I'm content to hold it in. You don't wish to force me to do something I don't care to do... do you?"

His face sunk a little at her questions he sighed and lifted her chain gently looking into her eyes. He looked into them for just a long moment before whispering, "I won't force you to let it out if that’s really what you want. However I have seen what this type of hurt does to people and that is the last thing that I want for you my dear wife." He gently leaned in pressing his forehead to hers his eyes closed, "Now tell me do you want to just hold it in and have me leave? Because I will, if that is what you want."

Something in his eyes. Something in his words. Their was a spark within them. Something she had not ever noticed before. Had it always been there yet she just overlooked? Or was it something new? What it just nothing at all? A trick of he light perhaps or a trick of her mind at the moment. Something in her husband's eyes that touched right to her heart and squeezed it until it felt like it burst. In that moment, all at once, her walls crashed down and she just cried. "I should not have come back here! I was a fool to think anyone wanted me back her after the things my family has done in the past to these people!"

He saw her breaking and wrapped her once again into his arms holding her close against his chest and just gently rocked her kissing her hair softly as she just let it all out. He smiled softly a few tears coming to his own eyes as she cried. "Shhhh that’s not true Blair. One woman out of all those people, the rest were beyond overjoyed to have you back. I could clearly see it in their eyes they didn't agree with her in anyway."

She shook her head against his chest, "I saw it in their faces. The way the looked at me. Distaste. That is what I saw. Looking right at me. Digging into me. And..." she let out a long bellow into his chest, "she was right! I am an embarrassment! I did nothing to help them for years! I just let my father do at he pleased without ever raising my voice to him. They suffered and I said nor did a thing! You did more in a few months without even being here then I did in all my life living here."

He sighed knowing what she had seen but not addressing that at this moment. He continued rocking her gently, kissing her hair again. "And I am the Laird of this land you were only his daughter." He paused for a moment before continuing, "What would you father have done had you defied him? You have done it to two people since I took you from here, would he have addressed it as I did taking you aside and dealing with it personally? Or would he have done like Malise and just thrown you into the dungeon and left you to die? Did your father care more about his power? Or did he l…care about you?" He had to stop himself as he almost said something he never thought he would say, having to hope that Blair had missed it.

His words only opened a wound long left unattended for his words were true. Her father didn't care about her. She was worthless to him. He had said it more then once to her and ignored her even more then that. "That doesn't mean though I shouldn't have tried. At least TRIED to make their life better for them. Even at he cost of making my life worse off."

He sighed pulling her close against his check kissing her hair before lifting her chin to look into her eyes. "Had you tried your father might not have stopped at just making your life worse." He didn't say what he was thinking but he knew men like her father, had someone of his own blood challenged him and stood against him he would have done more then made her life worse, he might have killed her. Tears unbidden jumped to his eyes as the thought came to him about not having Blair in his arms now because of her father's pride, he tried to hold them back but she was so close she could have easily seem them start.

Lucky for him, she could not really see the gleam of water in his eyes with her own eyes overflowing at the moment. Shaking her head, she ended up turning her face away, pain hitting her heart hard as she realized the same terrible thing as he did in that moment. "Say it.... he would have killed me. Without a second thought. So then at least I could have died with dignity." That sounded more like something her father would have said once again. "Instead I live with this terrible burden upon my soul."

Kael was starting to get upset at all the things that were coming from her mouth that sounded like he was talking to her father. Even though he never had talked to Fergus Ross he knew well the type of man and would be damned if he was going to let that man hold his wife in his sway from the grave. Though he was extremely frustrated his hands on her were soft and gentle as he turned her back to him looking into her beautiful eyes, "Blair, your father is dead. You are still alive, you can either help me make everything better for our people, or you can let him win from the grave by making you not do anything even now when you really can." He lightly pressed his forehead to hers, "Please help me with this for your people, for yourself."

He had said 'our' people. Something about that touched her in her heart. That he would consider making her a part of his life as an equal. She just hoped she did not fail miserably in the trust he was placing upon her. With a sigh, she rested her forehead back against his. "I'll... I'll try. I can't promise I'll be any good at it but... I will try to be a good wife for you Kael."

He smiled and brushed a hand over her cheek gently pulling her closer to him. "You already are Blair," it had slipped out before he could think about what he was saying. He wasn't sure how she was going to react to such a tender statement from him and it wasn't sure he wanted to find out. To cover the statement and distract her from her answer he kissed her deeply, passionately, holding her close letting his need for her beside him flow into that kiss.

The kiss did not distract her in the way he wanted it to. Oh it worked alright only it ended up leaving her in confusion. There was something within his lips. A emotion she could place a word upon but it was intense and somewhat new to her. It made her heart skip a beat in alarm before her body melted into his arms, seeming to forget her troubles for just a moment with her husband. After it was over, she rested her forehead against his, sitting in silence for awhile before sighing, "You should return. The party is for you after all."

He held her just loving the feel of her melted against him like this not wanting it to stop even though he knew it would eventually. He smiled and kissed her again as she told him to go back to the party. "This party is for the laird and lady of this land, and that is you and I Blair." He brushed his hand over her cheek slipping back around her neck gently making her look up into his eyes. "I'm not going back down unless you are with me."

She shook her head and looked away again, "I can't go back. It's to embarrassing. I think I will just called up a bath and stay in for the night." She said all that and yet did not actually make any kind of move to do as she said she planned to. She remained in his arms.

Kael nuzzled into her hair and smiled softly. "Okay you win." He brushed his hand over her hair kissing it softly. "But I am going to go down make our apologies and then come back and join you." He gently leaned back looking into her eyes as he untangled himself from her. "Assuming I would be welcome?" His tone was only half asking half assuming what she would say as he stood and walked to the door only pausing enough to give her time to respond.

She felt the loss of his embrace almost at once as she sat still on the bed, watching him from across the room. At his mention of returning to join her, her face flushed pink. "But... I'm going to be in the tub...." was all that she could say to him in reply, wondering if he would understand what her apprehension was.

Kael smirked slightly looking over his shoulder at her his eye gleaming in warmth and desire. "I know that my wife." He saw the slight fear in her eyes and forced his desire and need for her down so that he could think of her needs as well. "I will knock before I come in, and if you want me to I will find my own bed tonight. When you actually choose to have me not in your room I will not come around like I did when you were just shutting everyone out." He came back over to her bed and kissed her deeply once again before heading back down to the great hall.

Back
Top Bottom