Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Laird of the Land (buttefly0408/kolath)

She had no time to respond before he was back out the door again.

Back downstairs, the room was still in a bit of shock when Kael re-entered. His cousin moved to his side, prepared to both express his concern for Blair as well as his apology for letting the event happen. But before he could get close enough, Myrna stepped in with her hands on her hips, "Where is my Blair?" the woman spoke like a mad mother that has just had her young attacked by a predator.

Kael had been more than ready for his cousin knowing that it would have only been right for him to come and offer his apologies for what had happened, as the host is was his responsibility. What he hadn't been ready for was the mother bear coming at him and couldn't help but reacting defensively for a moment. After his hand left the hilt of his sword he sighed softly, "My wife, is in her room. She didn't want to return down after that and I'm not sure I can blame her." He looked at Myrna for a moment before nodded slightly, "She had mentioned wanting to relax and see about a bath after that would you mind?" he didn't have to ask he knew but this was basically Blair's mother in many ways so it was best not to alienate the woman if he could help it.

Myrna gave Kael another one of those looks she seemed to always be giving him since they had arrived back at the keep. That kind that seemed like she was still trying to form an opinion of him. Every moment that passed between them, she was collecting information about him to later make that final opinion of him. When that moment would at last come, who knew but for the time being, Myrna muttered something about taking care of her girl and left the room, her voice summoning up servants to prepare hot water.

Once Myrna was gone, Allistar looked to Kael again and spoke in a volume only between them, "I had no idea anyone felt that way Kael. If I had know the woman was going to do that, she never would have been allowed inside." He sighed, "That's to problem perhaps. Everyone within these walls speaks highly of Blair and her brother, spoken with me of how terrible a life they had and how pleased they are the pair are not free. But the people on the outside perhaps don't understand the kind of existence Blair had to suffer through. They don't realize she was as much a prisoner of her father as they all were."

Kael turned to Allistar and the amount of apologies that he knew had been coming. After a few moments he stepped forward placing his hand over his cousin's mouth looking him dead in the eye. "Allistar I need you to listen to me very closely. This wasn't your fault, based off the reception that she and I both received yesterday there was no reason to believe that this would happen."

He removed his hand from Allistar's mouth who nodded to him having gotten the point after the first moment. "Now you will have to excuse me and my lady for the rest of the night, she doesn't feel up to being down here and I don't want to leave her side." He frowned slightly looking over his shoulder at where Myrna had disappeared, "Assuming I'm allowed back beside it." He mumbled softly barely so that Allistar could hear him.

Kael walked over to the high table picking up his cup and draining it in as moment. "Allistar, you know that feeling you get just before walking into the den of a wild beast not knowing if you are going to be turn limb from limb?"

Allister smirked and came over picking up the pitcher and refilling Kael's glass. "Afraid to meet Blair's mother huh?"

Kael drank from the the glass again, "No I already met her, now I have to see if she will let me sleep with my wife or not." He drained the glass again and walked back upstairs toward Blair's room.

Allistar stood there stunned for a long moment before he started shaking his head and laughing softly. "I never thought I would see the day."

Blair sat in her robe, her shoulders slumped a little bit as she watched Myrna move like a storm across the room and getting the bath prepared for her. Soon the tub was filled with steaming water and filled up with sweet oils. The servants were then ushered out and the women were left alone. Myrna sighed and came to her, urging her to stand up, "Don't be down Blair. That woman does not speak for anyone else but herself. No one else feels like that. Come on now, you'll feel much better after a bath. Come. Come don't sit there like a lump."

Kael had a lot on his mind as he came up the stairs back towards Blair's room. He worried if that woman was the only one that felt that way, he had seen disapproval in the faces of all the others gathered, but what about the rest of the holders? Which side did they agree with? He pushed that aside as he climbed up to her room coming to the door. He had seen their reaction to her when she came, that wasn't just for him, they loved her just as much as they loved him.

He smiled having reassured himself and moved to knock on the door. As his knuckles struck the door another thought came to him, Myrna was probably still in there with Blair. He cursed inwardly not sure what to do now the die had already been cast when he knocked, it would just have to be played out as best he could.

Blair was just rising up when the knock came. She stayed standing next to the bed as she watched Myrna cross the distance to the door and open it. Blair tilted a little to see who it was but could not. It was Myrna that the laird was going to have to face. "May I help you?" she asked sternly.

Kael's eyes narrowed a little at the older woman's tone that clearly spoke of disapproval. He looked at her levelly even though he was looking down she didn't flinch at his height at all. Clearly she was used to dealing with men that were taller than her and having to face them down. "Yes I would like to see, my wife." He made sure the last two words had the needed emphasis on them, making sure Myrna didn't forget just who he was to Blair.

Myrna did not move at first, just kept her stern gaze upon him as she looked him up and down a moment. It was Blair's voice from behind her as she had realized just who stood at the door. "Kael?" she questioned to be sure. Myrna opened the door the rest of the way then to reveal it really was him. "What are you doing back her so soon? I thought I told you to go back to your party..."

He raised an eyebrow at Myrna as she opened the door but hesitated to move out of the way. He shifted his gaze to his wife smiling at her nodding slowly, "So you did, but I believe I also told you that I would be coming back here." He moved a little forward leaning against the door frame making it impossible to shut the door without knocking him over. "After everyone heard you were alright it had already begun to break up, every had enough excitement for one night after that lady made a fool of herself." He looked from her to the tub and then back, "I had hoped to join you this evening." He left it hanging there not having asked Myrna having asked over her to Blair leaving the question hanging above her head.

As he spoke of the woman making a fool of herself, Blair found herself sinking to sit on the bed once again, her shoulders slumped a bit. It was she that had been made the fool this evening. Not that other woman. She sighed a little bit and did not seem to address that question hanging in the air unasked and unanswered.

There was a moment of silence in the room then Myrna cleared her throat, "The bath water will get cold..." she said not really addressing anyone in particular. Though a moment later her eyes looked towards Kael and she raised a brow. That was odd. It was almost like she was offering him some kind of invitation. And perhaps she was offering him just that.

He was a little surprised at the clear invitation and question in Myrna's look. It took him a moment before he smiled and nodded, stepping into the room he walked over to Blair moving to sit beside her. "Thank you Myrna I think that will be all tonight."

He gently slipped his arms around Blair kissing her neck softly. "I thought you were going to take a bath and forget all those dark thoughts Blair." He hadn't seen if Myrna had left or not but started to undo his shirt anyway.

Myrna gave no other verbal protest or indication of disapproval. She just hoovered a moment watching Kael go to Blair's side before she slipped out the door and the sound of it clicking closed behind her rang through the room.

Blair did not seem to notice as she looked up, her eyes only upon Kael. "But I have not taken my bath yet. How can I get rid of dark thoughts when I have not performed the step before first?" Her answer seemed like it was meant to be light heated perhaps but her voice was still heavy with burden. Her eyes grew momentarily wide as she noticed then he was started to remove his shirt. She instinctively hugged her dressing gown a little tighter to herself. "What are you doing?" Did he mean to steal her bath from her while the water was still warm?

He smiled and gently slipped his arms around her pulling her against his now bare chest. He kissed her hair softly brushing his hand over it softly. "I will help you get rid of them Blair, and the first step is for you to take a bath." He shook his head as she asked him why his shirt was coming off and couldn't stop the roguish grin as he looked into her eyes. "I was thinking to join you in your bath my wife." He smirked leaning in and brushing his lips softly against her ear. "And help drive away those dark thoughts."

Blair took in a soft gasp of air. The suggestiveness in his voice was more then clear. The bath was going to end up being more then just a bath if she allowed him to join her. Part of her wanted to deny him, not feeling fully up to being intimate with Kael this night. The other part of her though wanted to embrace the chance. Have sex with her husband always seemed to make her forget everything else around her except for that passion. It might truly be what she needed. And yet... sharing a bath with him? Naked? She did not think their was anything left between them that could make her suddenly blush as much as she was in that moment. "It's.... it's not that large of a tub..."

He smiled and nuzzled into her hair, before slipping down in front of her looking up into her eyes. "We won't need much room Blair." He kissed her hands lightly before moving back and standing drawing her with him to stand in front of him. His hand brushed over her cheek as he leaned in kissing her softly as his other hand moved to the tie at the front of her robe pulling it open just letting the robe hang on her. He looked into her eyes, his own alight with passion and need but also something deeper and stronger. "Let me join you Blair." It wasn't a statement, nor was it really a question but a combination of the two.

Blair let her head nod slightly as she held her hand in his own. She was having a sudden sort of out of body experience as she moved with him towards the tub, her hand in his. The robe hung to her shoulders just waiting to be brushed off and let the fabric cascade to the floor but Blair made no move to do it herself. She seemed like she was in a sort of trance.

He smiled gently drawing her with him over toward the tub. He slipped behind her kissing the back of her neck as his strong arms slipped around her. Brushing his hands up her arms he slipped the robe from her shoulders letting it pool onto the floor. He stripped the rest of the way himself before slipping into the tub and helping her in after him with her sitting facing him in his lap. No matter how he felt about her and how much he desired her he knew this moment wasn't right and so just gently held her close in the warm water letting it sooth her muscles and letting his strong arms and solid chest be there to hold her safe.

He might not be trying to urge her into THAT kind of direction, but there was something about the way Kael always touched her that made her pulse start racing. The simple eroticism of her husband gently slipping her robe off her arms and leaving her totally naked. He certainly had gotten her mind off the events of earlier. By the time she was in the hot water with him, cuddled up in his lap as he leaned back against the tub, all she could think of was him and this water. She smiled a little as she looked at how close the water leave was to the rim of the tub. "If the servants knew there would be two of us in here, I doubt they would have put at much water into it."

He smiled and reached up brushing his hand over her cheek and back into her hair as the other trailed lightly over her back and down along her spine. "I doubt they would have too, but they did so we will just have to try and not make a mess." He smirked his mind slipping slowly into the same mind set as hers just by having her near. He leaned forward and kissed her shoulder softly. "Or should we just leave it for them to come clean it up later and not care about it." His voice was deep and growled softly with the need he was already feeling for her but trying to hide as he didn't want to make her pull away.

She didn't pull away, she only got closer. But not in the way he likely was expecting. Her emotions from the day were still all over the place. She felt like she was on a rough ride on a wild horse. Being thrown around this way and that. With a heavy sigh, she suddenly wrapped her arms around him and rested her head upon his chest. There was just a sudden need to be close to him and feed off his strength. It made her feel protected.

Kael smiled slipping his arms around her snuggling her against his chest just letting her be close to him. His hands lightly wondered over her bare back as she pressed against him. Nuzzling into her hair he just held her letting her find comfort in his arms. He fought down the need for his wife that he was feeling not wanting her to think he was expecting anything from her just wanting her to draw strength from him glad she felt that safe around him to be able too.

Closing her eyes, she could hear his heart beating against her ear. Since when had being this close to him become strangely soothing? She realized now that for awhile now, she was seeking this comfort in him as they lay in bed with him at night. Well, this was laying the the bath with him but still. "Can we just.... soak here for a little while?"

He smiled and nodded softly brushing his hand down her back the other brushing through her hair. "Of course we can." He kissed her hair holding her close just letting her relax and snuggle against him for as long as she wanted. The water was very warm almost a little hot but this helped with the tense muscles as he just leaned back holding her lightly letting her relax.

It all calmed her so. The heat of the water, her sound of his heart, the strength of his arms wrapped around her and softly rubbing over her. "Mmmm," she sort of half moaned half hummed as she snuggled with her eyes closed. She just lay like that for awhile before her limbs seemed to grow more and more limp against him. Eventually her arms wrapped around him falling away as it became evident that she has passed out.

Back
Top Bottom