『Kodoku no Saibou』(1×1 w/ Jikkah)

Yukimura took lead, taking the path he had walked countless times. The tunnel was a bit cramped and dingy, but it quickly became apparent it was a secret passage way into the lords home.

"This is disgusting." Sasuke muttered, doing his best not to get his expensive clothes dirty.
"You're fine, Sasuke." Akihime said gently, earning a hugf from the fox.

Amaya kept her sleeve over her nose as they walked through the long tunnel. “I think I’ve seen worse before, but I can’t quite be sure.”
Finally they reached a ladder which extended up into the cellar of the castle, wine barrels and other perishable foods filling the room. Yukimura went up first and opened the hatch, entering the cellar and waiting for the rest to ascend. “He should be in his study, he usually is.”

Akihime came up after him, turning to pull up Amaya and then Sasuke.
"If you wish to stay here or avoid the confrontation all together, I understand." Akihime told Yukimura.

He shook his head, a solemn look on his face. “I need to witness it.” He said firmly, but with a soft tone.
Amaya peered around the corner, looking down the empty hallway, hearing no one nearby. “If there’s an ambush, I don’t hear one. I still can’t sense any spiders inside.”
“That’s because of the barriers I put up.” Yukimura answered.

"That explains quite a lot." Akihime said with a nod before moving down the hall, "Let's not keep Sorin waiting. He'll want to know if his assassins succeeded." She then stopped and turned to Yukimura, "You should go on ahead. We'll surprise him best that way."

Yukimura’s brows crinkled in confusion, but he quickly seemed to understand, nodding and moving forward as ordered. “As you wish.”
He moved down the hallways at a steady pace, making his way easily up to Sorin’s study. The old man jumped slightly when the door opened, but he seemed to relax at the sight of Yukimura. “So it is done then? And the gold?”

"I'm afraid your little game is up, Sorin-sama.." Akihime remarked, moving to lean against the door behind Yukimura, "Your thug as well as your hound have failed."
"You damnable thing." Morishige pulled on a rusted looking bit of chain, only to scowl when nothing happened. Akihime cooed mockingly.
"I'm also afraid to tell you that you won't be able to control him for much longer. I plan on taking him as payment once my shiki finishes stripping the meat from your bones." Sasuke appeared at her side, his face hiding behind his fan, but his eyes were sharp glowing golden orbs that zeroed in dangerously on Morishige.

Amaya now had eight eyes on her face, all of them fixed on Sorin.
Sorin’s face went pale, and he backed away as far as his office would allow. “Yukimura, kill them all now! That’s an order!” Yukimura winced, but seemed otherwise unconvinced to attack anyone. “I won’t kill for you anymore, Lord Sorin.” He said, watching him with regretful eyes.

"Sasuke. Amaya. Try not to make too much of a mess."
"That's no fun, dana." Sasuke said, snapping his fan shut as his ears and tails appeared. Morishige moved toward Yukimura, unsheathing his blade as he moved, but Sasuke intervened; waving a burst of blue fox fire to halt Morishige's advance.

Amaya was on Sorin before he could even try to get out the window, knocking him to the ground and wrapping his head up in her webs, suffocating him slowly on the floor. Yukimura stood firm, allowing Sasuke to intercept Morishige, looking to Akihime. “How will I even begin to atone for this?” His body felt hot, and he could feel himself starting to sweat.

Megohime had been watching Masamune work as an Onmyoji for a while, so his bidding when he asked if it. She couldn’t deny that his bravado certainly had her smitten, she didn’t even mind letting him bind her to him as his Shiki. It all bemused her greatly.
She sat just behind Masamune as he dug through scrolls in his latest victims library. A lord with a lofty castle that Masamune was assisting currently with personal strifes. “Masamune.” She spoke up, her chin resting in her hand, elbow so rudely placed on the table- her reptilian eyes stared at Masamune intently. “Give me your soul. I’ll make it worth your while.”

"Through great effort." Akihime replied gently, watching her shiki dispatch of Yukimura's old masters, "You have committed no sin. This needs no redemption on your part."

Masamune gave an amused laugh, "My soul, huh? I'unno~ I like it where it is, really. Plus, I don't know if that's a trick or not~ revenge for binding you~"

“Even now I sin, betraying my master and standing by while he is slain.” Yukimura said, expression conflicted. “But I will do what I can in service.. to you…” He was sweating pretty badly now, looking as if he was struck with fever.

“I need not trick you, nor do I seek revenge. Worry not, I won’t be feeding on it or anything of the sort- I will keep it safe with me~” She sat up and leaned forward, smirking still. “How about this- I’ll settle for a fraction of your soul and offer the same.”

She moved closer to examine him, "Your contract with Sorin is conflicting with my seals, isn't it...? You'll need to rest for quite a bit when we get home.."

"A fraction of your soul?" He asked, closing the most recent scroll, "That would be fun~"

Yukimura nodded, and though the pain was severe, he could withstand it.
It didn’t take long for Amaya to dispatch Sorin, suffocating him to death before allowing her spiders to feast on his body.

“So then you’d be open to such a contract~? I wouldn’t want to be overstepping as a Shiki~” She teased.

Sasuke managed to get the upperhand on Morishige and roasted him alive in his armor, his ears and tails vanishing as he turned to Akihime.
"I think we have enough time to get back to Kongiku to purge the demons." He told her. She nodded and looked to Yukimura.
"Do you have the energy to aid in that? That would be a good first step to redemption."

He smirked, "I don't think it's overstepping." He replied, "Alright~ deal~"

Yukimura nodded, he had worked in worse shape before after all. “I will aid as much as I am capable.” He agreed.

She made a soft hum of delight, standing up and motioning to the empty space on the floor. “Disrobe and lay on the ground- ah, just the top half, you don’t need to be naked for this.” Megohime moved and put out two of the lamps that lit the library, dimming the light inside.

Akihime nodded and glanced to Amaya, "My darling, I don't mean to rush you, but we have things to do."

"Aw, damn~" He joked, moving to loosen the top of his kimono as he stood where she instructed.

Amaya moved over, bowing her head. “Forgive me, My Lady, my spiders had worked up quite the appetite and took longer than usual to satiate.” Not much was left of Sorin, only bones and connective tissue.

“Trust me, it’s worse when you’re naked.” She snickered, returning to him and holding out a rather thick paintbrush. “You’ll want to bite down on this, it is rather… unpleasant. I’ll make sure I do my best to reduce the pain.”

"That's alright, but we must hurry." She said and headed off, Sasuke close on her heels.

Masamune laid down and bit into the handle of the brush, watching Megohime with mild interest.

Yukimura followed after the two, followed closely by Amaya, the extra eyes on her face closing and vanishing from sight.

Megohime moved around him, observing him closely as she chanted softly under her breath. Whatever language it was sounded old and strange- wrong. Slowly her draconic features showed themselves. Dark scales grew from her skin, two slender horns protruding from the top of her head, and her reptilian pupils glowed white.
She stopped at Masamune’s side, kneeling down beside him and placing a hand on his abdomen, letting her sharp nails graze his skin as she caressed him. She leaned down and licked just under his sternum slowly, dragging her tongue against his flesh. Very clearly the feeling of a blade slicing something deep within him burned where Megohime licked, but not a drop of blood was shed.

They made their way out of the estate, ignoring a couple odd stares here and there, Akihime keeping her eyes on the setting sun as they made their way to the center of town.

Masamune bit down hard on the wooden handle, exhaling in pain and doing his best to sit still. It was far more painful than he thought it would be.

Both Amaya and Yukimura kept pace with Akihime as they hurried to the towns center, the both of them tiring but managing through. Things would’ve been much easier for Amaya had she not been in her human disguise, but she didn’t want to draw attention to the group so she didn’t complain. “Where’s your friend, Sasuke?”

“Just a few more, bare with me.” Megohime spoke against his stomach before dragging her tongue across him again, and again he could feel the distinct feeling of being cut. Two more slow licks and it felt like something came loose inside him, a feeling that twisted his guts.
Megohime made a soft noise and moved her hand over his chest, and in the next moment her hand was inside his chest cavity, but he felt no pain and again, there was no blood. It was almost as if her hand had phased through his chest, like an apparition.
She pulled back her hand, and within it was what looked like a blue gem made of liquid fire. It was no bigger than a lotus seed, a lovely azure blue flickering softly between her fingers. Megohime took a moment to admire the color before she stood and moved off of Masamune. “Take a moment to steady yourself, that was only the first part.” She said, moving to the table to gather a few things, carefully tucking the soul fragment into a metal charm around her neck.

Last edited:
Sasuke glanced around once they reached the center, the sun just dipping below the mountains.
"Kongiku should be here any time now..." He replied. As soon it was dark enough, a gentle fog rolled in, licking their ankles as the warm summer air turned bitterly cold.
"Ohayo, Onmyoji-sama~ Sasu-kun~" Kongiku greeted, holding her flickering lantern aloft as she approached. Sasuke bit his tongue this time, there was no point in getting any of the foxes to stop calling him that.
"Are we ready to begin, Kongiku?" Akihime asked. The kitsune smiled and nodded.
"The souls are reluctant, but happy to aid you." She replied.

Masamune panted hard, sweat coating his brow.
"Fuck me..." He muttered behind the brush, "You really know...how to make a guy hard, huh...~?" His tone was half teasing as he glanced over at her, watching her work.

Amaya held her tongue as usual, allowing Akihime to do the talking.
Yukimura watched curiously, having no idea how this kitsune was going to help them.

She smirked softly at the comment, gathering one of the unused tea cups and moving back to Masamune. “I’ve been told before that I’m a tease.” She joked, setting the empty cup in front of her. Holding up one hand, she sliced the palm of her hand with her nail, letting the blood flow into the cup. Once the cup had been filled halfway, she wrapped her hand before carefully moving the cup closer to Masamune. “Drink this, but know in doing so you risk death.”

Back
Top Bottom