『Kodoku no Saibou』(1×1 w/ Jikkah)

Akihime prepared a couple of talismans to bind Yukimura, waiting for the right time to seal his abilities. Sasuke kept by her to make sure Yukimura didn't turn his attention from Amaya, when he caught something on the wind that made him wince. He turned, seeing the vampire slink towars them, and he hissed.
"Dana, that vampire is here."
"How inopportune. I haven't the patience for him right now." Akihime scowled.

Amaya had to focus all of her attention on Yukimura, feeling sluggish in her human form. Alternating between tripping him up in her webs and slashing at him with her sharp arachnid legs, she slowly pushed Yukimura into the defensive. Amaya was almost at her limit though, tiring quickly in such a frail body.
Yukimura struggled against Amaya, the pain from trying to fight his masters orders slowing his movements significantly, and quickly he found himself struggling to tear free from the increasing webs.

"Almost done, Amaya, just a little longer." Akihime told her, finishing the last of the talismans. Sasuke turned toward the vampire as it eyed Akihime, drool dripping from its mouth at the smell of her rich blood. When it lunged, Sasuke waved his fox fire at it, burning its clothes and causing it to stumble away.

Yukimura hesitated when the vampire lunged at Akihime, glancing in her direction with a worried expression- but his attention was quickly brought back to Amaya when she sliced at him, cutting his cheek.

"Amaya, move." Akihime ordered as she finished that last talisman, all five of them burning brightly before swirling together and rushing toward Yukimura.

She jumped away from Yukimura immediately, watching him be bound before turning her gaze to the vampire. She raised a hand and clenched her fist, webs wrapping around the Yokais head and crushing it in an instant.
Yukimura fell to his knees, unable to move a single finger, his spear clattering to the ground beside him.

"Excellent work, as always, Amaya." Akihime praised as she moved over, Sasuke on her heels.
"Don't get too close, dana." Sasuke warned, but Akihime waved him off.

“Thank you, my lady.” Amaya bowed, needing to take a moment to catch her breath, staying not too far behind the two.
Yukimura stared down at the ground, waiting for death as he stared at the garden stones beneath him. Finally he would be free from his torment, no longer being tortured day in and day out, forced to uphold cruel orders.

"Do you wish to be freed of your bonds?" She asked gently, kneeling next to Yukimura, "You must be so tired, luring spirits and youkai to this place...causing such death..."

Yukimura felt shame burn in his chest and he frowned more. “I wish to atone for my sins.” He said softly. “Please kill me.”
Amaya stood watch, glancing at Yukimura with sharp eyes. “My lady, he tried to kill you, you need not extend your mercy upon him.”

"It wasn't of his own free will, hos master is the one who ordered my death. I don't blame him." She said gently, "If I free you, would you atone through serving me?"
"Dana!" Sasuke yelled but Akihime held up her hand to silence him.

“Serve you?” He picked his his head up to look at Akihime with a confused look. “Why would you want such a disgrace in your service? I am a killer.”
Amaya frowned softly but only turned her head away, not wanting to voice her opinion.

"Because I believe that through great effort, one can overcome their evil nature and any wrongdoing they may have committed." She told him.

Yukimura knelt still in shock, staring at Akihime for a moment longer before lowering his gaze. “If you will have me, I will serve you.”
“How do you plan on stealing away with the Lords toy?” Amaya asked curiously.

"The bond will be severed upon Sorin's death. And I do believe I owe you a dinner date, Amaya." Akihime said before standing and offering Yukimura her hand, "Shall we, Okami-san?"

Amaya’s face flushed and she looked flustered, rubbing her neck.
Yukimura no longer had to fight the orders that seized his limbs and forced him to act against his will, able to move entirely of his own accord. He placed his hand in Akihime’s and stood, looking down at Akihime with tired eyes. “What of the city?”

Yukimura took a moment to think before nodding. “I’ll do what I can to get you back into the keep.” Would he even be capable of slaying his master himself? His body had never allowed any harm to fall upon any of his masters, a part of the seal placed upon him like a collar.
“Lord Sorin sent a man after me as well, he attempted to slay me in the alleyways.” Amaya said, pulling a severed head from her sleeve, holding it up by the hair. “Spoke of… vile things I will not repeat.”

"Well, the sad truth is you gotta repeat them." Sasuke told her, "He spilled his guts to you, you can't just keep that to yourself."
"What did he say, Amaya?" Akihime asked gently.

Amaya looked none too pleased to repeat the words, but did so at her lady’s request. “He called you a sham of an Onmyoji, said you brought lord Sorin shame and disgrace with your failing to rid the city of problems.”
Yukimura frowned, knowing that it was his lords evil desires that drew in monsters- knew that he himself was part of the problem at his masters behest.

"Well, let's go and show him just how much of a sham I am, shall we?" Akihime said before she headed down the road, "Get rid of that thing, Amaya, it's an eyesore."

“Of course, my lady.” She nodded, and disposed of the head by dumping it into the ravine that the street bordered. Amaya made sure she walked between Akihime and Yukimura, not trusting him in the slightest to be near her.

Yukimura nodded. “A secret passageway down by the waterway up ahead.” He answered. “It should take us directly into the basement of the hold.”

Back
Top Bottom