Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Batgirl Begins (dbspock/WendyTheRed)

She imagined the idea of being his personal assistant. Truthfully, she wanted access to the computers and tech at Waynetech but on the other hand, she knew being his personal assistant would potentially give her excuses to be more flexible and if he was who she was pretty sure he was, that would be to her advantage. She considered that might very well be why he had mentioned it. "Well, if you think I might fit in best there I would be happy to discuss it later." She smiled at his pretty teenager comment. "Don't worry Mister Wayne, you're pretty in your own unique way." She teased.

She raised her eyebrows but smiled warmly as Chloe told her about Alfred hiring her. "Well, no wonder you're taking it so seriously." She had no illusions that two hundred was beyond her dad's budget, at least over such a short period of time but she saw no reason to comment on it. Barbara listened to her friend and absently glanced at Bruce Wayne as he let his hands roam. She knew Daisy Johnson would remove his hands if he went to far. But she was much more focused on something else Chloe had said. The security room and all the cameras.

She seriously doubted the cameras would reveal anything tying Bruce Wayne to Batman but she thought about how the Batmobile cloaking worked. Obviously it wasn't a cloaking device like on a sci-fi spaceship. No, a computer program embedded in the GCPD servers simply over wrote part of the image in real time to hide the Batmobile. Perhaps Bruce Wayne had something like that to get into hidden rooms undetected by his own security systems. Though it was also possibly he simply had intentional blind spots.

She forced her mind away from these thoughts, since she wouldn't be getting access to the security room regardless. Instead she thought about the 45 minute deadline she had to meet Mister Wayne and how either Alfred or Sara would lead her to the pool. She knew where they both were, she just needed to choose which one she felt like interrupting in what they were doing. She checked the time on her phone and decided that for the moment, the easiest solution would be to cut into a dance with Sara when the time came.

"Discuss it?" Bruce said, and his smile turned into a frown. "Do you think the job would be beneath your dignity?" That was not the reaction he expected, but it seemed the teenager was full of surprises. His grin returned as she called him pretty. "Well, so the papers keep insisting, at any rate."

"Maybe if I do a good enough job, he'll hire me again for the next one." Chloe said hopefully. The extra money would sure help out. "So with that in mind..." Chloe smiled as she took the tray of food over to what she hoped was a likely looking group of takers, unaware of what her idle comment about the security system had triggered in her friend.

"Bored?" Sam chuckled as she snuck up behind Babs and playfully grabbed hold of her arm as she looked at her phone. "I guess after getting a dance with Bruce Wayne, the rest of the night just goes downhill."

She blinked as she realized she hadn't made herself clear and had upset him. "No, of course not Mister Wayne. I'm sorry, I wasn't clear, I just meant that if you decided to hire me, we'd probably talk about where you wanted me to work. I wasn't assuming you definitely wanted me as your personal assistant, that's all." She sighed softly. "I'm trying to..." she searched for the words. "not be presumptuous about my potential future at your company, but it seems all I'm doing is proving I'm flexible enough to put my foot into my mouth."

She smiled at Chloe. "That would be amazing. We'd just have to arrange transportation for you to get here but I bet we could. Of course, if my dad is doing security you could get a ride with him." She watched her go with a smile and jumped slightly as Sam came up to her sneakily. She looked at her and smiled. "No, I'm not bored. I have a meeting with Mister Wayne in a bit over half an hour to finally talk to him about maybe getting a job here so I was just keeping track of the time, I don't want to be late."

She looked back out at the dance floor. "I was also enjoying watching Dave have what I suspect might be the time of his life. I'm pretty sure we'll be just a couple of girls in his eyes after getting to dance with women like Sara and Miss Johnson." She didn't call her agent in front of Sam in case she didn't want that spread around.

"Well, if you aren't up for the job, we should find out sooner rather than later, wouldn't you say?" Bruce replied, still trying to rattle her. "And if you can truly put your foot in your mouth, well, that's an impressive display of flexibility that I'd like to see." Her knew she wasn't speaking literally, of course, but he couldn't resist the urge to challenge her again.

"Oh, I talked to Mr. Larusso...or is that Sensei Larusso?" Chloe paused a bit in confusion, then shrugged. "Anyway, he offered to let me test drive some vehicles on his lot, so transportation here shouldn't be an issue. And if you ever need a ride..." Chloe trailed off and winked, well aware her friend had plans for later.

Sam chuckled softly as she squeezed Babs briefly in a hug, then came to stand next to her. "Your first week in Gotham, and you're already scoring a meeting with the rich and powerful. Not bad, Gordon." She said, then chuckled. "And yeah, being late would not be the impression you wanted to make. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Mr. Wayne was." Sam said as she watched Bruce's hand settle on his dance partners ass, who didn't seem to mind. Sam then transferred her gaze over to Dave, whose hand was nowhere near Sara's ass, but he was actually touching her back...finally. "And yeah, I doubt he'll notice any of us after tonight." Sam agreed, though she didn't seem upset at the possibility. She'd had it with boys for now.

Sam's grin turned into a frown when she saw her father having a somewhat...heated discussion with an older gentleman. "Oh crap...I was afraid he'd be here."

She wasn't rattled by his words about the job, if anything, she took it as a challenge and the sudden determined look on her face made that clear. "If you decide you want me to be your personal assistant I'll be up for the job once I learn the ropes. My goal would be to insure you never regretted hiring me." She paused before continuing. "Please try to remember that if I seem arrogant or too casual during our talk right now, I'm just trying to feel my way through how to talk to you. I don't want to seem like I have no confidence in myself but I also don't want to go too far the other direction and come across as arrogant. I'm doing my best to be honest with you while also..." She shrugs. "I guess trying to talk in a professional manner. While dancing." His follow up did, however, cause a flush on her neck and ears. "I am flexible Mister Wayne, I have taken martial arts and gymnastics besides also being in track and field." She awkwardly trailed off and laughed a little nervously.

She looked at Chloe as she spoke and then her eyes widened slowly. "You think you can 'test drive' a car, oh, say, tonight then?"

Barbara hugged Sam back and shrugged slightly. "I guess I have to balance the scales after getting in trouble with two groups of trouble makers. Though, seriously, it's just pure luck and we both know it. My dad just happens to work for Mister Wayne and I just happened to meet you. Still, I won't miss this opportunity." She nodded at Sam's next words, smiling slightly. "If I'm honest, I wonder if he'll even show. I have the feeling he will unless something important comes up."

She too watched Bruce Wayne pawing Agent Johnson and she thought back to their flirting on the dance floor and the offer about the pool. She was smart enough to wonder how much of anything he did was real and how much was a facade. She was a little surprised Agent Johnson didn't have him in an armlock or something by now however.

She looked at Sam, noticing that tone in her voice and bit her lip thoughtfully. "I know we are still getting to know each other, but if you ever want to talk, I'm around." She looked back at Dave, smiling, truly happy for him then looked back at Sam. She was about to say something else when she saw the frown on Sam's face. She followed her eyes to see Mister Larusso arguing with an older man. She sighed and put her glass down then moved in that direction, thinking she might have to remind both of them that this was a charity gala. Besides, being Barbara Gordon, she was curious about the discussion so it didn't take her long to get to Daniel's side.

Last edited:
"Ropes?" Bruce looked at her blankly. "We work with technology. I don't think I've ever seen a rope at Waynetech, so I don't think you need to worry about learning them. As for regrets...I don't have them. If you get the job and don't work out, Lucius has to deal with it, not me." He paused for a moment to process what she was saying, though he never missed a step of the dance. "I didn't realize talking to me was so intimidating. I do it all the time, so I guess I'm used to it." Bruce chuckled, then nodded. "Arrogance is something I've seen a great deal of, and been accused of myself. Don't worry, I don't think that of you, though your claim of putting your foot in your mouth comes close. Sara has trained extensively, and I don't think even she could pull it off. I'd ask her, but she might put her foot in my mouth. So why don't you ask her for me?" Bruce challenged her.

Chloe grinned, well aware of why Babs was asking, which was exactly why she mentioned it. "Well, cars need to be test driven at night, right?" She chuckled.

Sam sighed softly. "I don't think anyone can blame you for getting in trouble with either group, since they go around looking for trouble." She declared, then shook her head. "I've read the news reports about the hero cop, and I'm sure Mr. Wayne did too. Luck has nothing to do with Mr. Wayne requesting he be assigned the security detail. And I was the lucky one when we met." Sam blushed a bit at being reminded of being partially stripped, then grinned as she watched Bruce with his dancing partner. "I'd be prepared to wait a bit if I were you." She chuckled, then turned serious at Bab's offer. "Thanks. My friends group pretty much dried up during this Cobra Kai thing." She admitted.

"Stay away from her." Babs heard Daniel growl as he went into a fighting stance. It was subtle, but the older gentleman shifted his weight slightly, clearly prepared to take the hit he had provoked, but unless one knew what they were looking for, make it seem he was taken by surprise. But Sara, of course, wasn't an ordinary bystander. Dave hadn't even noticed how she'd guided them to the source of the conflict, then spun him around until he all but stumbled into Babs arms.

"Change partners." Sara said with a bright smile, then she grabbed hold of Daniel's arms as she interposed herself between the two combatants and began to dance with Daniel, who was moving along with her almost before he knew it.

She laughed quietly at his rope commentary. Even if she didn't believe he was Batman she'd never believe he was dumb enough to take that common phrase literally. She smiled widely at him to make it clear she was laughing with him and not at him. She grinned at his commentary about arrogance though she didn't lose her flush. "Perhaps I will. I doubt she'd kick me in the face for it."

She nodded then looked seriously at Chloe. "I don't know what tonight holds but I suspect it'll test me to my limits. You might want to drop me off and come back when I call."

She nodded to Sam when she replied about her dad. "Oh my dad earned his job here. I'm just lucky to be related to him and grateful he gave me this chance. He'd be within his rights to tell me not to come since this is his job." She nodded to Sam. "Well you have three new friends now. I think that none of us are fair weather friends either. You're not alone anymore Sam."

She frowned as she heard Daniel. She assumed the man was threatening either Sam or Mrs Larusso. Either way she understood why Daniel was reacting as he was. She was impressed by how smoothly Sara pulled off her distraction and she grinned at Dave.

"Would you go keep Sam company please?" She asked him as she playfully spun him in that direction and then stepped up to the older gentleman. "Hello, would you honor me with a dance? My name is Barbara Gordon. And you are?" She was going to get her curiosity satisfied one way or the other.

"I'll be there." Chloe promised, and hastened to add. "When you call." She didn't consider herself a coward, but she'd seen how easily Sara had defeated both of them without even trying, and she could only imagine what sort of training Babs might be in for. She'd support her friend, but she didn't want to experience the training first hand.

Sam nodded in response. "Good point. I guess that's why I'm here to, riding on the coat tails of my dad's invitation." Sam couldn't help but smile when Babs mentioned three new friends, and she impulsively hugged the red head again. "I know." She said softly. None of them had backed away from their fight earlier, and Sam didn't think they would now. "And it goes both ways." She promised Babs, suddenly aware she was the only one who hadn't proven she would stick up for the others.

"What?" Sara's handoff had gone so smoothly Dave was hardly aware he was all but in Babs arms, before he was handed off once more and suddenly found himself in Sam's arms. Sam didn't give him a chance to respond before she led him onto the dance floor once again.

"The honor would be mine." The older gentleman said, bowing enough that his ponytail dropped a bit before he arose and took Babs into his arms. "I know who you are, Miss Gordon. I had a brief discussion with your father earlier this evening regarding you, and an unfortunate encounter with the Ghost Dragons. I understand you are looking for a dojo to join, and I would be honored to have you as a member. And no need to worry about entry fees...we offer a law enforcement discount. So you may call me Sensei Silver."

Barbara smiled at Chloe then looked a little troubled. "Are you sure you want to be up that late? I can take a cab or something, I don't want to put you out or anything."

She smiled at Sam's reply and couldn't help her surprise. "Would it shock you to know I had assumed you got an invite without your dad? I didn't even know he'd be here tonight." She laughed. "Then again, why would a teenager be invited to this gala? I'm silly sometimes." She hugged Sam back and she saw the thoughts passing behind her eyes and a determination there but she didn't pry. She didn't really have time as events with Mister Larusso occurred soon after the exchange.

She stepped into his arms and smiled at the man, looking surprised when he said he knew who she was. "Well, the Ghost Dragons aren't the only group I had an unfortunate encounter with Mister Silver." She smiled warmly at him as they began to dance. "I'm surprised my father didn't tell you I was already in a Dojo. In fact, you seem to know my Sensei. I am in the Miyagi-Do dojo. I met them when some Cobra Kai students were attacking Samantha Larusso five to one and I helped her out." She cocked her head, keeping that smile on her face. "I'm surprised your students didn't tell you about that encounter Mister Silver. Perhaps they were embarrassed." She smiled sweetly at him as her eyes flashed. "I must apologize, I cannot call you Sensei as that title is reserved for Daniel Larusso."

Last edited:
"You want to take a cab? In Gotham? At that time of night?" Chloe shook her head. "Girlfriend, you really are new in town. I'd say ask your dad for the stats on what happens to pretty girls in cabs at night, but it'd probably give you nightmares. I'll give you a ride." Chloe said firmly.

Sam's eyes widened as Bab's admitted her assumption, then she burst out laughing. "Yeah...I don't think the ability to break a board with your bare hands is the sort of thing that gets you an invite to these sorts of things." She agreed.

Silver also managed to maintain the smile on his face when Babs rejected his kind offer, but his movements became a bit more stiff as his mind raced in search of ways around this unexpected complication. He doubted he could change her mind...she sounded pretty determined...but he figured if he could plant some seeds of doubt, perhaps they'd take root and fester. "I'd hardly call a man teaching his daughter a few moves a 'dojo'." Silver finally replied. "Perhaps your father didn't think so either, which is why he isn't taking it seriously. But after Cobra Kai wins the tournament and Danny shutters his dojo, you'll be open for some real training."

Barbara smiled at Chloe and impulsively gave her a hug. "Thank you. You have no idea how much your friendship has meant to me since coming to town Chloe. I think if I hadn't met you I'd be sitting lonely at dad's house waiting for him to come home most days." She smiled warmly at Chloe before they both moved on to other events.

She noticed the change in him after she told him she was part of Miyagi-Do. Barbara could at times be naive but Gotham was quickly changing that and she was always a fast learner. So when he spoke she quickly suspected what he was trying to do. She also suspected he'd been trying to provoke Daniel into making a scene. Her only surprise really was that Daniel had lost his cool. "He's not just teaching his daughter. His students have grown by four hundred percent Mister Silver and I'd be surprised if they don't keep growing once the school year starts."

She smiled brightly at him. The only part of his words that had any effect was him mentioning her father. She realized she needed to make it clear with the Elder Gordon exactly what kinds of people Cobra Kai were but that wasn't important at the moment. His final statement about real training actually made her genuinely laugh so hard she nearly lost her step in the dance. She was pretty sure even if Miyagi-Do wasn't 'real' training then whatever she was going to learn from Sara would be. "Mmm...well, the problem is, Miyagi-Do will be winning that tournament Mister Silver. " She spoke with conviction and once more, she smiled at him. "I'm curious, how much of your training is about sexual assault on young girls? Sam was outnumbered five to one and they were trying to take her clothes off." She shook her head. "No, I'm afraid that is not the kind of training I need."

Chloe blushed furiously at Babs comment, but that didn’t stop her from returning the hug. “Most days?” Chloe couldn’t help but tease her new friend. “I don’t think you’ve been in town long enough to have a most days. “

It seemed clear he was not dancing with a potential student and he wasn’t going to change her mind, and his polite facade dropped a bit in response. “Four times nothing is still nothing. “ he claimed.

Her sudden laughter startled him, and he almost missed a step in their dance, but his training compensated enough the casual observer wouldn’t have noticed. He scoffed lightly at her claim Miagyo-do would win. Right now they couldn’t even field a proper team, if his plan to alter the rules of the tournament paid off. “Would you care to make a small wager off that?” He challenged her.

Her comment about sexual assault didn’t phase him at all. Even if he hadn’t heard the specifics of this incident, it didn’t seem to be an isolated case. “If that were true, this is a discussion you should be having with your father rather than me. “ he pointed out. “And defending yourself from multiple attackers who don’t play by the rules is the kind of training everyone needs. “

She smirked at his attempt to use math against her. "Surely you know he at least had his own daughter as a student. Bare minimum he is up to four students now. Possibly more if he had students you didn't know about." She arched an eyebrow at his comment about a wager, curious what he had in mind. "And what wager would that be?"

She shrugged at his comment. "We did defend ourselves. I personally put one of your students on his knees." She smiled sweetly at him again and then glanced around to get a feel for where Daniel and Sara were as well as Sam. She hoped that the others knew she was simply getting a feel for the man and weren't worried about her loyalties.

She turned her gaze back to Silver then, thinking about his reaction to her laughter earlier. He hadn't expected it and she realized the odds of him expecting her to be trained by Sara as well as Daniel and Sam were low.

She simply needed to keep that on the downlow and also make sure Chloe did as well. She had little doubt Sara wasn't interested in sharing those details so she wasn't worried about her.

Silver smirked right back at her. "Family members hardly count as students. She has little choice but to listen to him." The prospect of Danial having other students, though, was cause for concern, at least slightly, and he resolved to start making plans to deal with that as well. "And nothing important." He claimed when she asked about the wager. "Just that when your so-called dojo folds...you come and train at mine."

Daniel, by design of course, was now clear across the room and in the arms of his wife. Sara was nowhere to be seen, she had probably disappeared to wherever Bruce had gone once he thought his host duties had been fulfilled. Indeed the party seemed to be winding down. Chloe had traded her tray for a broom and was sweeping up the corners of the ballroom. Sam appeared to be the only one paying attention to Sam, and she couldn't help but remember how Silver had gotten her own father under his thumb, and was concerned Babs might be falling into the same trap. She actually stumbled during her dance, and Dave caught hold of her, preventing her from hitting the floor.

She shrugged at his reply about Sam learning from Daniel. He wasn't wrong, Sam probably felt an obligation but she wasn't going to cede the point either. She noticed a look cross his face and realized this man might be more dangerous than a lot of people knew. Even Daniel seemed to lose control around him. She cocked her head curiously at the wager. "You don't even know if I'm a good student or not. I'll consider your offer." She glanced around and saw that things were winding down then looked at a clock on the wall before looking back at him. "But for now, if you'll excuse me, I have a prior engagement."

She stepped back from the dance with a smile then hurried over to Chloe. "Is Alfred still in the kitchen? I need him or Sara it seems and she has disappeared." Assuming Chloe points Barbara in the right direction Barbara thanks her and hurries off to find Alfred. Once she does she waits until he has a moment, trying not to be rude and interrupt his work, though it will be obvious she wants to speak to him.

"Mister...I don't believe you ever game me your last name. Alfred, Mister Wayne wanted to meet me at the indoor pool in..." she checks her phone. "A few minutes. I was hoping you could give me directions or even escort me there though I know you are probably quite busy so I understand if you don't have time to escort me."

Back
Top Bottom