Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ʀᴇɴᴇɢᴀᴅᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Megohime coughed hard when Motochika released her, coughing up flecks of blood he had been holding her so tightly. Yukimura saw the grenade and instantly bolted to where Akihime was laying behind him, shielding Akihime from the blast.
The explosion was deafening, and even before the ringing cleared from her ears, Megohime was breaking free from Mitsunari, looking desperately for Masamune. Having no one to shield him from the blast.

"Amaya! Amaya, are you ok?!" Sasuke could barely hear his own voice, the ringing in his ears was so loud.
Yukimura had made it to Akihime in time, only being hit by some ruptured wood and stone when the grenade went off.
Masamune was on the ground already in shock, hands shaking as he looked at his burnt and bleeding leg.

Motochika had shielded Nana from all of it, trying to make sure she didn't see any fire or get hurt by shrapnel.
"Are you ok, Nana...? Are you hurt...?" He asked softly.

Amaya nodded, barely able to hear Sasuke as she got up, all limbs still intact, but mildly stunned. Yukimura made sure Akihime was completely unharmed before staggering to his feet, eardrums blown from the blast.
Megohime didn’t wait for the smoke to clear, bolting for where she last saw Masamune, dropping to his side despite her own wounds. “Masamune..!” Her voice was garbled as raspy, dark bruising on her throat.

Nana could feel the downers already setting in, needing far less than Motochika to take her out. “We have to go- we’re out of time.”

"Jesus, you idiot! What did you do that for...?!" Sasuke snapped, looking like he would keel over from worry.
The blast seemed to wake Akihime, her eyes groggy as she looked around slowly.
"Wh...What...what happened...?" Masamune looked confused and disoriented, unable to look away from his leg.

Motochika nodded and helped Nana to her feet, helping her out and escaping during the confusion.

Amaya could tell her back was scorched through the dress, already feeling her skin tighten. “You aren’t fast enough, you would’ve been hurt.” She said, standing up.
“Akihime!” Yukimura perked up when he saw her stir, moving to crouch beside her. “Are you feeling ok?”
Megohime went to checking on his leg, glaring over her shoulder at Sasuke and Amaya before focusing on making sure his leg got treated. “Masamune, can you still feel your leg?”

"I don't give a shit, our job was to protect Date, and he's wounded...! You could have died, what would I do then...?!" Sasuke argued.

"What happened...? I don't remember getting over here.." Akihime muttered, reaching to gingerly hold her head.

"F...Feel...?" He forced his eye up at her, trying not to hyperventilate, "A-All...all I feel...is pain..."

“Who gives a fuck about her dying, you better hope he doesn’t lose his leg.” Megohime snarled over her shoulder, wheezing a bit in discomfort. “I need to get him to the hospital.”
Amaya frowned softly and turned her head away. “I’m sorry, I acted without thinking.” She said softly

Yukimura helped her sit up slowly, her voice sounding like she was under water still. “Chosokabe knocked you out, I moved you out of danger.” He said. “We should get you looked at by a doctor.”

Sasuke shot Megohime a glare before looking up at Amaya.
"I could have lost you.." He said softly.

Masamune struggled to stand, leaning against Megohime for support, trying to fight the overwhelming urge to panic.

"The Twilights..." She looked around, seeing Mitsunari tending to who he could, "They're ok, right...? We protected them...?"

Amaya didn’t respond, keeping her eyes on the ground as she was scolded. “We should get to tending to the wounded if you’re able.” She said and turned to head to some of the injured Tags. The blast must’ve really done a number on her lungs, finding it a bit hard to breathe. She took another step and suddenly her legs felt heavy and numb, making her stumble before falling to her knees, unable to breathe as the room suddenly got uncomfortably hot.

Megohime had been helping Masamune to a chair when she heard Amaya collapse behind them, cursing softly as she sat Masamune down and started digging through his pockets for his cell. “Just don’t look at your leg, just look at me, ok?” She said firmly as she dialed for emergency services.

Yukimura nodded, but he knew that there were casualties, just as there had been last time. “We’ll see how many are still here- a lot of people scattered when Chosokabe broke down the wall.”

"Amaya!" Sasuke moved over quickly, stumbling a bit before reaching her, "What's wrong?!"

"Y...Yeah...ok..." Masamune nodded, keeping his eye on her, but the pain in his leg drew his gaze back to it.

Akihime nodded before looking when she heard Sasuke yell.
"What's...?" She winced a bit and held her head, "I'll be fine, go check on Amaya, ok? I'll be right here...she looks really messed up.."

Amaya could barely hear Sasuke, only her own labored breathing before she collapsed fully to the ground as she struggled to breathe. She gripped at her throat, body jerking as she rolled onto her side, saliva dripping from the corners of her mouth.

Megohime quickly relayed the need for several ambulances, reaching up and cupping Masamune’s cheek so he was forced to look at her while she talked, doing her best to keep him calm.

Yukimura nodded and left Akihime to see what aid he could render to Amaya, scowling when he recognized the signs of a toxicity attack. He crouched beside her and did his best to hold her still, looking to Sasuke. “Are there anymore downers?”

"D-Downers, downers..." Sasuke dug for one of his clips and ejected the downer bullets he had, "This is what I have- Megohime, I need a downer pen!!" Sasuke shouted over his shoulder.
"Here," Mitsunari came over and offered the ones he hand, "this should help."

“I used them all on Chosokabe!” Megohime called back, glad Mitsunari had some on hand. “Ambulances are on their way!” She said, hanging up Masamune’s phone.

Yukimura held Amaya as still as he could so Sasuke could inject her with the downers, looking to Mitsunari. “Thank you, Ishida-dono.”

Mitsunari nodded, watching as Sasuke injected her with the first downer, "J-Jesus, Amaya, how much did you swallow...?!" Sasuke muttered under his breath.

Amaya clenched her teeth hard, writhing and struggling as if felt like her body was shutting down, not even feeling the prick from the auto-injector. Slowly her throat felt like it was opening back up, the unbearable pressure on her chest lifting.

"It's working!" Sasuke sounded relieved, "Should I give her another?"
"One more." Mitsunari instructed and Sasuke jabbed her with a second pen.

Amaya’s struggling slowly resided, breathing hard and exhausted from the attack and the downers, but her fit had passed. Yukimura let go of Amaya, sitting back and letting out a sigh of relief.

"Thank God..." Sasuke muttered before panicking when he felt Mitsunari's blade under his chin.
"You allow her to destroy herself like that?" He asked dangerously.
"Wh-Wha? Of course I don't! Why would I do that?!"
"She could have died."
"Mitsunari..." Akihime called, "There's a time and a place.."

“Not Sasuke..” Amaya rasped out weakly, still recovering, but able to speak with some effort. “I was overdosing..” She admitted. Yukimura frowned softly, standing to move and help others- not wanting to intrude on the conversation. He moved to check on Kojurou and the other injured Tags, frowning softly.

"I taught you better than that, Amaya." Mitsunari scolded gently, sheathing his blade.
"I scold her all the time for it, believe me." Sasuke muttered.

Kojurou was finally coming around, looking as dazed and confused as Akihime.
"What happened...?"

Amaya let out a wheeze of a laugh, but she could hardly move her body at all, but it was probably better that she didn’t.
“Chosokabe and Nanahime attacked.” He helped Kojurou sit up slowly, assessing the man’s head wound. “We managed to chase them off, but they dealt some damage.”

Yukimura frowned and shook his head. “We don’t know yet, we’re still tending to the wounded.” He admitted. “Please stay here until the paramedics arrive to tend to your wounds, Katakura-dono.”

“He’s just over there.” Yukimura motioned to where Masamune sat with Megohime, still doing her best to keep him calm. “He was injured, but he’ll live.”

Back
Top Bottom