Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ʀᴇɴᴇɢᴀᴅᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

DarkMudkip

Cluster
There was a lot of loud noise outside of the car, Akihime moving to try and see what was happening. The guards, the kind and caring Twilights who worked for her father, were all gunned down mercilessly trying to defend Yoshitsugu and the vehicle she hid in. She scrambled out, only having a Colt 911 to protect herself with.
"Akihime, get back in the car!" Yoshitsugu ordered.
"No, we need to leave, father!!" She argued, scared out of her mind. Yoshitsugu glared, eyes wild with panic.
"Get back in the c-!!" His body jerked, blood bursting from a bullet wound in his head, and he tumbled to the ground. Akihime's eyes widened in horror and she took a slow step forward.
"Father...?"
"Lady Akihime, it isn't safe!!" One of the Twilights moved to her quickly, shoving her back into the car before taking a bullet in his back, "G...Get her out of here...!!"
"Right!" Another moved quickly to the driver's side and started the car, gunning it down the street. Akihime sat in shock, holding her gun limply in hand as she stared at the car door.
"Father..." She muttered weakly, voice shaking.
"Lady Akihime? Lady Akihime!"

"Lady Akihime??" Akihime broke from her thoughts, looking up at the servant who spoke to her, "Are you alright?"
"Yeah, sorry. Lost in thought." Akihime replied, "Continue, Claudia, I'm listening..."
"You need to consider hiring a guard, my Lady." Claudia spoke gently. Akihime struggled not to roll her eyes.
"This shit again...?" She muttered under her breath before reaching for her smokes, "I don't need a bodyguard."
"It would be wise if you did," Suzette said, "you're the last Otani, and you're only one woman."
"I'm fine." She exhaled the smoke from her lungs to the side, away from her two servants, before looking out the car window, "I can take care of myself well enough."

"Megohime?" Kojurou peeked into the girl's bedroom after knocking gently, his tags jangling gently with his movements, "Masamune wanted to see you, if you were available." Kojurou, by Tag standards, was geriatric and close to the end of his rope. Though merely a spry 30 year old man, he was already showing signs of Dementia - a terrible cost for his abilities as a Twilight. The worst compensation any one individual could get, as Masamune had said. It hurt when they would find him milling about absently, eyes distant and confused, and the episodes only seemed to grow longer and longer as his time burned up.

An older gentleman sat beside Akihime in the town car, an expensive looking cane in hand as he listened to the three talk amongst themselves. “Actually, my lady, I’ve gone through the trouble of finding you a Twilight.” He spoke with a firm gentleness. “You can’t keep relying on only us normals to be able to adequately protect you, not when your enemies employ their own Twilights.” He held out a stack of papers for Akihime to take. “Many capable fighters at the Guild would be more than willing to take on a long term contract with you, and Guild Leader Ishida himself handpicked a few himself.” This again? She had gone through what felt like stacks of offers from the Guild, even had Ishida himself send a few of his finest men- all with a hefty price tag of course. “Please allow for us to protect you, accept the offer.”

Megohime had just finished with her gun maintenance, gun oil and other cleaning supplies spread out on the the table in front of her when Kojurou knocked. She looked up and nodded, pushing the magazine into the pistol before holstering it under her arm. “Is he in his office?” She asked as she stood, her own tags swinging from her neck. Despite also being a Twilight, her compensation was considerably less harsh than Kojurou’s.

Akihime fought the audible growl of annoyance but took the stack to humor him, "A Twilight? Why is this file so big?" The others had been far smaller, all things considered. What was this one so much?

Kojurou nodded, "Yes, he's just finishing up a phone call but he sent me to get you." He replied, "So much to do, eh?" He asked in good humor.

Bernardo made a noise, rubbing his short clipped beard with one hand, his displeasure clear on his face. “This one is currently with an independent mercanary group, but his contract holders said they would be open to negotiating a price. He’s unconventional, but lord knows you haven’t gone for anything reasonable.” He sighed. “He’s strong and obedient; a capable candidate I’m sure even you could agree on.” The photo was of a young man about the same age as Akihime, with brown eyes and long brown hair. The file detailed his almost two decades worth of fighting experience with mercanaries- an S/5 rank at that. “Please do consider this offer, Lady Akihime.”

“That’s because he’s a slave driver.” Megohime joked, pausing at the door. “Don’t tell him I said that either.” She said. “I don’t want him getting any ideas.”

Akihime looked over the photo with gentle anber eyes before reading his credentials again, "Sanada Yukimura..." She mumbled before giving a forced sigh of indignation, "Where is he, currently?"

Kojurou chuckled, "Your secret is safe with me." He replied.

“His company is currently stationed here in Ergastulum, but only for the next week.” Bernardo seemed rather glad that Akihime actually seemed interested for once, but kept his hopes in check- she still had time to say no. “I can arrange to meet with them right away if you’d like to see him in person first.”

Megohime gave a wicked grin and pat him on the shoulder before heading across the manor towards Masamune’s office, knocking on the door once she arrived outside, waiting to be given the okay to be let in. “You called for me, boss?”

"No, actually, just take me to where this group is right now." She said firmly, putting the file in the seat beside her.

Masamune just hung up the phone just as she came in, "Yeah, we have a job, if you're willing?"

Bernardo looked a little taken aback but nodded. “Very well. Claudia,” He turned his attention to the woman who was driving. “Please take us to the location we previously discussed- on the edge of the Factory District.”

“I’m ready to leave whenever- what’s the job for?” Megohime asked, leaning against the doorframe and crossing her arms.

"Of course." Claudia nodded and made a left turn before driving to the Factory District.

"Just helping some Tags find some shelter." Masamune replied, standing from his desk.

The drive was quiet and quick, but the air in the car was tense. They arrived rather quickly to their location, where several caravan cars were parked outside of a warehouse, with just over a dozen men killing about. By their clothes and guns Akihime could tell right away they were mercanaries, and right away she could see their attention was on them now. Bernardo exited the car and moved around to Akihime’s side to let her out, still rather spry despite his age and use of a cane. “The leaders name is Gastou, he’s the fellow in the hat.” He said to Akihime. “We’ve already spoken, so he knows you may be a possible client.”

Megohime nodded, making a soft noise. “Are we taking them to the colony, or are they coming here?” She asked, watching him stand.

"Thank you, Bernardo." She said before moving toward Gastou, making sure her gun was close at hand.
"You Otani?" Gastou asked. She nodded and glanced at the men.
"I'm here for Sanada." She said. Gastou smirked and gestured for her to follow him.
"Oi, Yukimura!!" He yelled as he walked, "You got a client!!"

Masamune made a noise, "Ishida is willing to take some, but sadly not all."

A slender young man appeared rather quickly, and except for some fresh bruising across his face, he looked exactly like the photo Bernardo had given her. His tags clinked together as he approached, and Akihime could see that they did in fact have S/5 engraved onto them. He wore the same clothes as the other mercanaries, his jacket unbuttoned and his gun slung across his back. He looked rather anxious to be in front of Gastou, or was it Akihime he was nervous to be in front of? Regardless, he kept his mouth shut, knowing Gastou would do the talking.

“That’s not surprising. We leaving now?” She straightened up and stepped aside to let him out of the office.

"So? What do you think?" Gastou asked Akihime. She made a noise as she looked Yukimura over.
"What's this bruising?" She asked, grasping his chin gently.
"Ah, nothing serious." Gastou replied before becoming rather scared by the dark look Akihime shot him with.
"I wasn't asking you." She hissed before she looked back at Yukimura, eyes gentle.

He nodded, "Sure are. Got everything?"

Yukimura looked a little surprised when she directed the question at him, glancing to Gastou briefly before looking back to Akihime, letting her turn his face to see the bruise better. “An injury from a recent fight- nothing serious.” He parroted Gastou’s words almost perfectly, but the shape and placement of the bruise looked more like he took a boot to the face. At least he could speak, and from what she could see he still had all his teeth.

Megohime nodded, always fully armed unless she was in bed- a single pistol, two knives, and several throwing knives as well. “You know you should really just leave jobs like this to me, keeping that chair warm is the only job you should be worried about.”

Akihime didn't seem too happy with the echo chamber before letting go of his chin.
"How much?" She asked, turning to Gastou. The man blinked before grinning.
"700,000." He replied. Suzette and Claudia seemed taken aback by the price.
"Done." Akihime replied, turning to Bernardo, "Pay him, please."
"My Lady!!" The girls argued.

Masamune laughed softly, "But then I'll get lazy. I don't like loafing around, you know that."

Bernardo looked more defeated by the price than anything, but knew better than to argue with Akihime, bowing his head and returning to the car. When he returned he held a briefcase in hand, opening it to show the money inside, all 700,000 in neatly wrapped stacks, glad he had brought the 1,000,000 after all.
Yukimura watched everything unfold with little emotion, only his eyes changing- like he was mentally preparing for something.

“Loafing around is the boss’ job after all.” She joked. “Want me to bring the car around?”

Gastou took it happily, "Pleasure doing business." He said before nudging his head at Yukimura, "Go on."

"Yeah, go ahead." Masamune smiled softly, "Don't take too long."

Yukimura gave a small nod, following after Akihime quickly and falling in step behind her, stealing a glance or two at her- at least she was around his age, not bad looking either.

Megohime waved her hand as she turned and headed to retrieve the car Masamune took on missions, starting it up and pulling it around the front of the estate to pick Masamune up.

Akihime let Yukimura into the car first before she got in, Suzette following her and Claudia getting into the drivers seat.

Masamune stood out front waiting before climbing in when she came around, making sure he had everything he needed.

Yukimura sat in the seat facing Akihime, watching her get into the car, then Bernardo after her. He did find it a little odd that so many people had come with the client to buy him for the night- hopefully they wouldn’t all be joining, would they? He wouldn’t complain even if they did, or rather he couldn’t, he had to work hard to be worth that 700,000.

“Destination?” Megohime asked, looking to him as he got into the car. “The Colony?”

Last edited:
"What can you tell me about yourself, Yukimura?" Akihime said, crossing one leg over the other.

"Yeah, please." Masamune replied, getting comfortable.

Yukimura sat up a bit straighter when Akihime spoke to him, making sure to look at her when he spoke. “What would you like to know?” He asked, uncertain if she wanted to know what he could do, or just wanted to make small talk.

Megohime put the car in drive and headed off for the Colony, driving rather well despite only learning how two years prior. Like most other refined things she knew, Kojurou had taught her, drilling it into her until she could practically do it in her sleep.

"Anything you feel sharing." She said, "My name is Otani Akihime, I'm 24 years old, I like cherries and I dislike squid." She gestured for him to speak, watching him with soft eyes.

Masamune relaxed in his seat, his eye closing as he relaxed during the drive.

No client had ever asked Yukimura such questions before, even the especially chatty ones. “Oh- Sanada Yukimura, I’m also 24. I don’t really have a favorite food, but I guess I’m not a fan of pears.” He said. “I’m adept with fire arms and close combat, both armed and unarmed, but I’ve never driven a car.” It felt weird talking as much as he had, and it put him on edge. Talking got him kicked.

At the Guild headquarters, Ren lay in bed beside Mitsunari, enjoying his company after sex until it was time for him to leave. “Date’s gonna be here soon, you sure it’s fine to lay up like this?” He asked with a teasing tone, rolling over onto his stomach to better face Mitsunari.

Suzette was watching quietly, keenly aware of how awkward Yukimura was being. But Akihime didn't seem to mind, listening to him patiently.
"Do you have a preferred fire arm?" She asked before pulling her 10mm Colt from her holster, "I've always been a fan of the Colt myself. I enjoy the weight of it." She spun it to hand to him, "Here, tell me what you think."
"M-My Lady..." Suzette seemed rather anxious but Akihime held up her hand.

"Do you think I give a shit about what Date thinks?" Mitsunari asked, reaching to play with Ren's hair, "We have time, don't be in such a rush to leave me. I'll get the wrong idea."

Back
Top Bottom