Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ʀᴇɴᴇɢᴀᴅᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

"Given different circumstances, I would have considered that rather gentlemanly of you." She said, her tone holding some teasing as she made her way around, "Come, I'll show you where everything is. We cam get to know each other a little better on the way."

"Anything for you, Nana." He replied and only seemed to move faster. He tried to bring his club down over her head much like she had done with her kick, barely missing her as she dodged him.

Yukimura didn’t know why his heart was pounding like it was, but he followed after Akihime regardless, making sure to bring the blueprints with them so they weren’t left out in the open.

He felt the club connect, but just barely, Megohime kicking him hard in the chin as she flipped to escape him, jumping and grabbing the second story window to get out of range. Blood dripped down her face as she watched the two closely, digging into her pocket with her free hand, holding her blade in her teeth. This wasn’t good, she had gone alone because she had thought they were normals, but these freaks weren’t normals at all, there was no way they could be. She pulled out an auto injector and jammed it into her thigh, feeling her heart rate pick up immediately as the uppers coursed through her veins. Hopefully the boost would be enough to handle them, but she felt unsure even about that, taking her blade back into her hand after tossing away the used injector. “You guys missing your tags or something? You aren’t normals.” Megohime asked from her perch on the wall.

"My room is a bit of a walk in the opposite way, as well as a bit inconvenient for you." She leaned over him to point to the room in the furthest corner of the second floor, behind them as they walked down the hall, "You're free to enter there should you need me, though I doubt you ever will."

Motochika's face scrunched in disgust, "Tags? As if we would ever be filth like you." He snarled.

Yukimura looked at the spot on the papers she pointed to, making a mental image in his head of the routes he could take to get the her room quickest. Even the thought of going inside her room seems inappropriate, but if it was to neutralize an intruder, he’d have to ask forgiveness after the fact. “It’s no trouble, I don’t plan on sitting in my room anyway.”

Nana seemed more offended than Motochika by this question, the steel ball slamming into the window and once more nearly crushing Megohime’s head.
“So you guys are just a couple of freaks after all?” Megohime asked as she dropped to the ground, pulling out three throwing blades and tossing them in Motochika’s direction before being forced to dodge Nana’s ball once more, this time pinning the chain with her foot before she could pull it back. Three more blades inserted between the chain links kept it in place as Megohime slipped past Motochika, going after Nana directly this time.

She couldn't help the coy smile as she walked with him, "Plan on sitting in mine, instead...~?"

"Nana!!" Motochika shot forward, swinging the club hard and catching Megohime in the gut, throwing her away from Nana like she was a baseball.

Akihime could see his cheeks grow red he stumbled over his words a bit before clearing his throat. “If that’s what you wish, then yes.”

Megohime didn’t have time to block or even dodge, feeling like she was hit by a car as she was sent crashing into the wall. She blacked out for a moment, but quickly regained consciousness, crumbled on the ground and stunned.
Nana moved to put her hand on Motochika’s arm, a soft smile on her scarred face. “Thanks, Motochika.” She said warmly, then moved to finally yank her chain free of the blades Megohime had pinned it with. “She’s fast, but not very strong, so you’re a perfect match for her.” Nana praised as she crouched down in front of Megohime, wrapping her chains around her wrists before tossing the sickle over the lamp post behind her, grabbing it once more and hoisting Megohime easily up off the ground.
Megohime felt herself be lifted off the ground and managed to open her eyes, cursing her bad luck, struggling to catch her breath from Motochika so violently knocking the wind from her lungs.

“Guild Leader Ishida!” One of Mitsunari’s men came running, a tag with a large facial scar. “We’ve found that the first two explosion sites are empty, no casualties and the bombers aren’t there.” He seemed nervous about relaying the next part. “Megohime is still engaging two suspects at the third bombing site- they seem to be giving her some trouble, and several of our own have already been killed.” Megohime struggling with two normals? That didn’t sound right, even drunk she’d have no problem killing an armed human.

"Maybe one day." She said gently. She stopped briefly to allow him to see his room; it was a lot larger than the one he used when he was with Gastou, even the bed was way bigger than he thought he needed.
"There's a bathroom attached as well, just through that door over there," she said, gesturing across the room, "the servants usually take care of keeping toiletries stocked, so you won't need to worry about that. Same with the laundry."

Motochika ate up her praise like a puppy happy to serve.
"Thank you, Nana. You're too kind to me." He said, moving closer. He flipped the club and swung it into her ribs, feeling them crack under the impact.

"Oh, shit. Oh, fuck." Masamune hurried off, reaching under his suit jacket and pulling out one of his silver plated desert eagles as he ran full tilt to the third sight, Mitsunari hot on his heels and barking orders at his men.

Laundry. Oh, that’s right, he only came with the clothes on his back. That was fine, he still had enough money to buy a few more pieces of clothing, nothing fancy, but he didn’t need fancy. “I don’t mind washing all my own clothes, I was taught how.” He said, feeling weird having his needs taken care of, even if it was by his employer. He couldn’t lie though, the room was a little exciting, he had never had one all to himself, and nothing ever so nice. Gastou usually put them up in brothels or hotels, and no one ever got their own room, too expensive.

Megohime had the air forced out of her lungs once more, crying out from the hit before clenching her teeth. She glared at Motochika, deploying the hidden blade in her boot and kicking out at his throat.
Nana didn’t let her strike connect, pulling the chains to move Megohime’s kick just out of range of Motochika’s throat, content watching Motochika have his fun from the sidelines.

Akihime waved her hand gently, shaking her head, "No, no. They'll actually become very upset if they see you doing the chores yourself." She told him, "Which reminds me, I need to take you to the tailor." She examined him, hand on her chin, "You might fit my father's size...maybe. Still, better safe than sorry."

"Ah, I should have thought of that." Motochika huffed, kicking Megohime hard in the leg; thankfully because she did little more than dangle, the kick didn't do as much damage as it could have, just causing Megohime to swing wildly.

“Tailor?” Yukimura echoed, turning to look at her, watching her study him. “I don’t mind buying myself clothes to wear.” Something told Akihime he wouldn’t be buying the same clothes she would for himself, probably more of the same cargo pants and t-shirts. It wasn’t actually an issue, but since he had nothing nice to wear, it would leave him sticking out like a sore thumb.

Megohime sucked in a breath through her teeth when she was kicked, but used the momentum of her swinging to try and swing herself up and catch the light pole with her foot. Nana let the chains slack again, dropping Megohime to the ground and causing her to land hard on her back, making her tense up as pain flared in her ribs. “Fucking burnt bitch.” Megohime wheezed out, being yanked back up into the air, the chains around her wrists painfully tight and digging into her skin.

"I can't really have my protector walking around looking so homely. Not that it isn't endearing, but people will talk, you understand." She told him, "We'll finish walking around later, let's get you tailored while we can. The sooner you have a nice wardrobe, the better." She moved to the door and pushed it open, gesturing him to follow.

"Don't you dare talk about Nana like that." Motochika hissed, swinging at her hard again and catching her in the midsection. The blow nearly broke her sternum, she felt it rattle under the pressure of his blow. Before Motochika could hit her again, a bullet whizzed passed his head, taking some hair from his head, before the sharp singing of a blade sliced clean through the chain holding Megohime, Mitsunari standing behind her with his odachi clinking into its sheathe.
"Back up." Masamune hissed, keeping not only one eagle on Motochika, but a second on Nana. Motochika looked to Nana worriedly; did she know Masamune was going to be here? They would get in so much trouble if anything happened to him.

Yukimura followed after her without needing to be promoted a second time. He had never worn a suit before, not even a nice dress shirt. The only new clothes he had ever gotten were combat attire- nothing even remotely fancy like Akihime probably had in mind. It sounded exciting.

Megohime collapsed to the ground when the chains were cut, catching herself on her hands and knees. She could taste blood, but at least she wasn’t coughing it up. Still she was wheezing, breathing being rather painful, forcing herself back up onto her feet as she got the chains off her wrists. “These freaks aren’t humans.” She muttered to Mitsunari, but he could tell that much. His nose was much sharper than hers, and even despite the smell of blood and explosives, he recognized what they were instantly, having smelled something similar years before.
Nana now only had her sickle in hand, the chain in pieces on the ground and around the light post. She looked from Masamune to Mitsunari with a soft scowl, glancing to Motochika. “We’re leaving.” She ordered him, taking a step back toward the alley way behind her and disappearing inside.

"Claudia," Akihime called and the raven haired woman appeared seemingly from nowhere, "please get the car ready, we're going to get Yukimura a few suits."
"Of course, my lady." Claudia nodded and hurried off ahead.
"I know this is probably a lot to take in." Akihime smiled softly at Yukimura, "But I want to make sure everyone in my care is taken care of adequately. You don't have to do anything on your own except maintain yourself. If you ever get hungry, you can call someone. And if you feel like company, you know where my office and bedroom are. You'll never be wanting here, Yukimura." It was so bizarre for him, always having to have to fight for things and now having them just handed to him.

"You aren't going anywhere!" Masamune snapped and squeezed the trigger, only to witness Motochika block it with his club, the bullet barely denting the iron.
"Sorry, I only listen to her." Motochika said before following quickly after Nana. Masamune gnashed his teeth and moved to Megohime.
"Are you ok?"
"She has some broken ribs and a fractured sternum, but she'll be ok once the medical staff sees her." Mitsunari replied.

Yukimura nodded, but truth be told he was a little overwhelmed. He still felt like he had to walk on eggshells, and all the niceties Akihime was giving him felt like a trap somehow, like he would be owing her something he couldn’t pay back. He couldn’t refuse her though, she was his new contract holder, and her word was law.

Megohime was always creeped out by Mitsunari’s especially sharp ears, able to tell someone’s physical condition just by hearing how they moved or breathed- it felt invasive. “I’m fine, it’s just some broken ribs, it won’t kill me.” She said, controlling her breathing to try and lessen the pain. She was humiliated, and couldn’t bring herself to look Masamune in the face after being so thouroughly beat down like that.

"Feel free to speak your mind." She said, "I won't hit you."

"Bullshit, it will if not treated." Masamune said, putting her arm over his shoulder and helping her walk back to the headquarters, Mitsunari scanning the area before following.

Yukimura shook his head, holding his hands up in front of him. “Sorry; really I’m not against it, I’ve just never worn a suit is all.” He explained.

Megohime winced at him pulling her arm over his shoulder, allowing Masamune to lead her off for treatment. “You don’t have to baby me so much, I’m not dying.”
There were no signs of the two bombers coming back, the only person left on the street being Mitsunari, but something nagged at him. Was it a coincidence that they showed up during a time in which he would have his hands full, and what did they hope to accomplish? None of the refugees were killed, only his own men, but it was clear they were targeting Twilights.

"They're pretty comfortable, depending on the fabric." She stopped outside and looked when Claudia brought the car around and the young woman hurried to get the door for Akihime, who thanked her before climbing in. Claudia nodded to Yukimura silently, waiting for him to sit across from Akihime before shutting the door and getting back behind the wheel.

Masamune brought Megohime to the medical team and sat with her, only looking away when Mitsunari approached.
"I'm going to schedule a meeting. See if anyone knows anything about this."
"You have a pretty good idea." Masamune said. Mitsunari made a face.
"I wouldn't put it past Matsunaga, but it's not like he'll confess his sin before everyone."

Yukimura nodded as Akihime spoke, listening intently. Did different fabrics really matter that much when it came to comfort? “Have you worn many suits?” He asked, shifting in his spot across from her in the car.

Megohime let the medics treat her wounds, only needing a butterfly bandage for her forehead wound and some pain killers for her ribs. They were broken all right, but none of them pierced her organs- they’d just need time to heal on their own. She was given a shot of downers to equalize the uppers she had taken, but she’d live. “You think he had something to do with this? Were those freaks with him or something?”

Akihime nodded, "I have. Wool is itchy depending on the quality and can be pretty heavy. Synthetic fabrics are best as they neither get too hot or too cold. Linen and cotton are the most comfortable but are really more seasonal than all year wear."

"Perhaps. Again, I wouldn't put it past him. But any tell he may let slip, Otani will catch."
"Yeah, Akihime is really good at reading people." Masamune agreed.

Yukimura seemed to mull over what she told him, thinking for a moment before looking to her again. “What do you prefer?” He asked. “What fabric do you like the most?”

“I never do tire of having to see that old wind bag.” Megohime muttered, remembering how Matsunaga was the one most in favor of her own execution. “He seems to only get more blood thirsty with age.”

"My body runs pretty hot so I prefer linen suits." She replied, "Reduced risk of overheating." She liked how he asked questions, got to know her. She was glad he was starting to loosen up some.

"Same. He's my absolute favorite." Masamune said, "If you're good, Mego, we cam leave." He then turned to Mitsunari, "I'll send for some cars to pick up the refugees you can't house."
"Of course. Thank you, Date." Mitsunari bowed his head gently.

Yukimura nodded at the advice, once more looking like he was mulling things over. “Linen sounds the best then.” He said with a nod.

“Ready when you are.” Megohime stood, glad to just get out of there, wanting nothing more than a nice ice bath to ease the pain.

Akihime smiled softly and nodded, "We'll put in the good word." She said and glanced out the window as they drove. When they arrived, Claudia let Akihime and Yukimura out and Akihime took him inside.
"Luis?" She called. A young man, maybe judt a touch older than the two of them, appeared from behind a rod of hanging suits.
"Lady Akihime, welcome back." He smiled before looking to Yukimura, "A new victim?"
"Ah, careful, he might take it the wrong way." Akihime said playfully.

Masamune left with Megohime soon after, calling Kojurou to have plans ready to transfer over the refugees.

Yukimura waited some ways behind Akihime, apprehensive to even enter the shop really, but how could he let her go inside by herself. Tags like him usually weren’t allowed in such nice stores, they couldn’t even travel on main roads unless they were inside the colony. He gave a nervous smile when he was brought up, shifting his weight from foot to foot, tags clinking lightly together.

"Come, come." Luis beckoned him, gesturing for him to stand in front of the trio of mirrors. Akihime nodded to Yukimura to tell him it was ok.

Back
Top Bottom