Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ʀᴇɴᴇɢᴀᴅᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Yukimura moved further inside, standing in front of the mirrors as instructed, feeling completely out of place and awkward. “I just… stand here?” He asked, looking at Akihime in the mirror.

"Mhm." Luis pulled a tape measure and took Yukimura's measurements carefully, "What were you thinking?"
"He wants linen. I'm thinking dark colors." Akihime said. Luis nodded excitedly.
"Darker colors would complement him, I agree."

Yukimura watched Luis work with a silent fascination, making sure to stand still as he took his measurements, glancing between Luis and Akihime as they spoke.

Ren had just returned back to Matsunaga’s estate, having heard of the attack on the Colony on his way home. It sounded like something Matsunaga would have done, but it wasn’t his place to toss accusations around in such a manner. His only job was to keep Matsunaga’s pockets lined, and pass along information he gathered along the way. “Is the boss in?” Ren asked one of Matsunaga’s men, knowing better than to go knocking blindly.

Once Luis finished, he dashed away before coming back with various color swaths, "Here, take your pick." He offered Yukimura.

"Yes, he's in his office now. Should I page him?" He asked. Ren was never a troublemaker, so there was no need to be mean or rude to him.

Yukimura flipped through the patches of fabric, taking the time to feel each one before picking two: a burgundy and a darker maroon. He handed back the swatches, then held out the two he picked. “Either of these colors- they’re both nice.”

Ren rather liked the respect he was often given within Matsunaga’s outfit, finding none of the men really looked down on him despite his line of profession. “Yeah, tell him I’ve got some new information for him too, will you?” He said.

Luis looked to Akihime and she nodded, "Both, please, Luis."
"Of course." Luis seemed rather excited before darting away again.

He nodded and moved away to make a phone call, speaking quietly before coming back, "Give him five minutes, he'll see you."

Yukimura stayed standing in front of the mirrors, turning to look at Akihime. “Aren’t suits expensive?” He asked, it just now occurring to him that this shopping trip would come with a price tag.

Ren nodded, putting his hands in the pockets of his dress slacks. “Thanks.” He said, moving to wait off to the side so he wasn’t in the way.

"Considering how much your contract was, no, not really." She replied, "I'm good for it regardless, don't worry about the price. Get what looks good."

After a while, he gestured to Ren, "He'll see you now, go on ahead."

“Ah.” He had completely forgotten the massive price tag he had, giving another lopsided, nervous grin. “Right, sorry about that.” He apologized.

Ren nodded, heading up the stairs and down the hall to where Matsunaga’s office was. He had gone down this path hundreds of times over the years, and could probably do it in his sleep by now. He knocked on the door before entering, and he’d be lying if he said Matsunaga didn’t make him nervous. “I’m back from the Guild.” He reported, bowing his head a bit as he approached the desk.

"Don't apologize." She smiled, "I don't mind at all. Like I said, I want to be sure everyone is adequately cared for."

Matsunaga looked up from his papers and smiled, though it was clearly fake, "And what news have you?"

“Thanks.” Yukimura said, bowing his head to her, slowly looking around at all the suits and other accessories out on display as they waited.

“Ishida and Date are working together in housing refugee Twilights that just arrived here. Sixty two in total. From what I saw on my way out, most of them were low levels- just women and children, a handful of men too.” Ren reported, staying standing on the other side of the desk, sitting around Matsunaga made him feel vulnerable.

Luis came back with the two suits and handed the burgundy one to him first, "Go put this on and we'll get it fitted properly." He instructed.

"Interesting." He nodded, "And what do they plan to do with all of them?"

Yukimura took the suit carefully and looked to the dressing room before heading in to try it on. It took him a minute to get into it, finding it had far many more buttons than he had yet to encounter. Once on, he stepped out of the dressing room, and while the suit was mostly on, the tie remained undone around his neck. He didn’t know how, so figured he’d just leave it. “I think this is the most expensive thing I’ve ever worn.” He said with a soft laugh.

“Split them probably. I wasn’t there to confirm what they did, but if he’s getting Date involved, I’m sure he’s having him handle half the load.” He said, then made a soft noise. “There was one more thing though.. on the way back I heard that the Colony had been attacked, Anti-twilights no doubt, but from what I caught, it was just two people.”

Akihime was watching him like a hawk, eyes holding a familiar look that Yukimura recognized as a soft sort of desire. Luis moved and helped him to tie it, instructing him gently as he went, before guiding him back to the mirrors to start pinning the suit.

"Oh? Is that so?" He asked, eyebrow raised, "Did you get a description?"

Yukimura knew the look well, it was one he was well acquainted with. He didn’t say anything other than to nod as Luis instructed him, standing still while he had the suit pinned.

Ren shook his head. “No, just that there were two people using explosives to attack the guild, sorry.”

"Perfect, perfect, now go trade this for the other one for me to pin and then I can grt them ready for you." Luis said.

"Unfortunate. We may never know who it was now." He remarked.

Yukimura nodded, heading back to the dressing room and carefully peeling himself out of the first one, making sure to not accidentally pull out any of the pins. He slipped on the second one, bringing the first one out with him once he was dressed. This time his tie was done, not very well, but it was clear an attempt was made. “Here..” He said softly as he handed the first suit back over to Luis.

“I can find out more the next time I go over there.” Ren said. “But that concludes what I know for now.”

"Ah, look at you! You learn pretty fast!" Luis praised, taking the suit happily and setting it on his work table.
"Maroon looks very well on you, Yukimura." Akihime said, her tone a bit...off.

"Very good. Thank you, Ren." Matsunaga nodded to him before waving him away.

Yukimura seemed a little overwhelmed by all the praise, probably the most he had ever gotten at once in his whole life. “Ah, thanks..” He muttered, looking to Akihime next. “Thank you, Otani-sama.”

Ren nodded and headed toward the door, glad he wasn’t able to give somewhat useful information to Matsunaga. The more information the happier he was.

Luis went about pinning this suit as well before he finished and asked Yukimura to take it off and hand it back to be taken in. Once Yukimura was changed and Luis had the suits, he said he would be finished in twenty minutes and would even throw in some extras since Akihime was such a great customer. Akihime sat in one of the chairs not far away, playing with a cigarette idly. She wasn't allowed to smoke inside the shop but she didn't want to leave Yukimura alone while Luis worked.

It would hurt Mitsunari in the long run too if he told Maysunaga too much. And Mitsunari's opinion of him changing made him uncomfortable.

Yukimura did his best not to feel awkward, he wasn’t very talkative as opening his mouth got him punished, and never being encouraged to talk stunted his conversation making skills. His eyes moved to look at Akihime’s cigarette, watching her play with it idly. He never really liked them, they always made his throat hurt and his eyes burn.

Ren didn’t like trading Mitsunari’s secrets, not one bit, but he liked having his head attached to his shoulders even more. He left Matsunaga’s office and moved downstairs, thinking about getting a drink at one of the nearby brothels to steady his nerves.

"I've been trying to quit." She said, seeing him watch her, "It's kinda tough lately though. Always have to be alert and aware, it stresses me out."

“Well it’s a good thing I’m here then, huh?” He said, offering another lazy grin. “I can be your eyes and ears, so you can rest easy for a while.”

“Let me take watch tonight, Otani-sama, I’m well trained in going days without sleep.” He assured her.

Back
Top Bottom