Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How To Deliver Justice (with KiraMusani

Ethel remained quiet as they searched the rest.

Ethel placed her hands on her hips.
"What makes you think he was here for one of us? Just because we searched the place? they may have hoped we all walked in and they could get a shot at the noble here" Ethel said, not wanting to break the Queen's cover.

Hook would indeed look into it, in case it was for the Queen or one of her crew.

---------------------------------------------------------

Clair nodded as she listened, instructing them where they had found the berries.

As Mr. Darling described the process she wrote it down, word for word, so they could follow it to the letter.

Cookie was the one to point out the culprit. "Oi, yeah, luv, I mean Cap'n." The Australian nodded. "I heard one o' me mates talkin' about Wendy inna bad light. Kissin' up to ya an' all. Was gonna make sure she learned her place, e'en if it meant Wendy's end. That sheila (Wendy) has never wronged anyone else onna crew, cept'n mabbe McGoughal, but SHE'S hard on 'all th' new crew so's I just wrote it off as jealousy. I could point her out to ya, Cap'n, ya want. Couldn't tell ya her name for the life o' me."

Cookie would point out a raven haired woman, who actually had some streaks of white throughout her long hair, and had been known not to warm up to new members of the crew before, but never attempted to kill one that would kiss up to the captain. But Wendy had already proven she could hold her own. No other girl before had. She felt Wendy was a distraction that had to be eliminated.
-------------------------------------

Princess Sapphire and Aurora came in to the area to start making the retsina, and ended up stationed near Clair and Millicent. As the doctor began pouring water into their vat, along with their own white grapes and pine resin, the princess stooped down and picked up one of the berries, pinching it gently between her fingers. They resembled blueberries, but weren't as fragile, and even gave the odor of their sweet and sour taste. "And what fruit do you English ladies have here? Interesting the berries' skin doesn't break easily. Are they even ripe?"

The berries WERE ripe, they just came in green, and would not change the colour of the white wine, just enhance the taste. That part (enhancing taste), though, the princess from Greece, and specifically the Jewel Kingdom, didn't need to know.

Last edited:
Ethel had gone with Hook for the investigation, they both looked at one another after hearing this testimony, but they knew it was not enough to prove anything. However, perhaps they could orchestrate another plan, maybe something similar to what Ethel had done to a certain traitor before. They needed someone to spread the news that Ethel was but a mercenary, but add that she just worked for the highest bidder, perhaps this woman would think she could pay Ethel to take out her target, admitting to the previous crime as she did so.

Once they had this plan they went to McGoughal, letting her know to speak of her mistrust of Ethel to or around the raven-haired crewmate, stating worried that someone who offered coin could turn her against one of the crew.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If not stopped Clair would spill all the beans, as she did not have a competitive bone in her body and simply saw the others and friends participating in the same activity as her.
"Oh my yes, it's just a special type of berry that stays that colour even after ripe" She smiled.
"Oh, you look to have an interesting wine going on there, I am sure it will be great"

MacGoughal listened, raising one eyebrow and then the other. " Ah dunnae aboot this, Cap'n. I bust chops o' those what deserves it. Wendy's a good enough fighter, but she's a lousy sailor. Lookit this bloody knot. What even is it?! Keep her aboard as security, and as lookout. I'm still gonna ride 'er case til ye bid me cease. As for Ethel here, I hae ne'er hae notion to be suspicious o' her. We're all mercenaries, we jus' work for the Queen. Why spread what's already true?" Clara MacGoughal wasn't being difficult, just factual, something Hook hadn't had a problem with before. With a bit more insight, she'd gladly follow orders. She wasn't aware of the attempt on Ethel's life, mistaking her for Wendy.
---------------------------------------------------------

Princess Sapphire smirked. "Traditional wine of my country, a favourite in the Jewel Kingdom. Perhaps we can exchange recipes after the competition."

Millicent, flushed and getting jealous for her friend and country's ally Ruby, stepped between Sapphire and Clair, saying coolly. "Princess Ruby Rose saw her first."

Sapphire popped the berry in her mouth, held up her hands and backed away. "Jewel Kingdom, and Greece in particular, are allies also, Monterisso Agent. I'm not here for the court games this season. Just making small talk. Rope in the jealousy, yes?"

Aurora just watched, as she began cranking the handle to press the grapes into juice. Finally she called the princess to help her crank.

Millicent took a deep breath. "It always begins with small talk, and she can't fool me. She was flirting with you!" She whispered to Clair, "Come, let's get back at it. Press the grapes, and squash the berries. Then follow Mr Darling's directions to combine the juices."

"Yes, but all the other mercenaries on the ship are loyal to me, and one of our own would know none would betray me by attacking, if she attempted to hire Ethel for the Job since she isn't a member of my crew, she might just do it, she might at least try and get her thoughts. We need to catch her red-handed." Hook explained.

--------------------------------------------------------

Clair nodded and smiled.
"Oh, I would lo-" She began to say when Millicent stepped between them.

Her face went red as Millicent seemed to be making a stance that Clair belonged to Ruby and that Sapphire was trying to take her or something, Clair froze, this was more confrontation than she was used to.

"Flirting? Really? I umm" She blushed.
"uhh, y-yeah, the wine, right! let's get to work" She shook her head and snapped out of her fluster quickly looking at her notes to help prep the wine as instructed.

MacGoughal rubbed her chin in thought. "Aye, I see where yer goin', Cap'n. Ye've ne'er steered us wrong before. I'll spread th' word, an' so's Ethel c'n be back on ship in case ye be right, Might I suggest Julia th' Red replace 'er as Innis' guard. She might e'en keep Dunkirk th' Hungry from eatin' our new ruler outta house and home."
------------------------

As Millicent helped Clair prepare the berries, she also tried one by taste. She smacked her lips as she tried to place the taste. "I think I've had this before. But I was a child. A few years before training for a career in spying." She whispered. She shook her head. "Maybe on my first diplomatic mission as an agent to either China or Nippon. I've had it though, and since these berries have been non-existent in English and European cuisine for a few decades..." She made a face, but finally shook it off, helping Clair put the correct ratio of berry juice to their grape juice, adding the mint and pounding the lid on their teak barrel, although she needed help from both Clair, and the only other halfway helpful member, Bernice Beaumont. "It's got to be tight, but don't tamp it so hard you break the lid! Like this." The Beaumont Winery heiress and fellow noble showed them the correct way to seal their barrel for aging. Maybe Duchess Bernice Beaumont wasn't such a rotter after all, but she still could use a few pointers in kindness of tone.

Hook nodded.
"Good idea, that will also show we are not confident in Ethel's loyalty, which might encourage her to approach Ethel, I'll let you handle Ethel and spread the word, it might be best if I keep my distance from the rest of this plan."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Clair nodded and tried one as well with her.
"I like them, though I don't think I had any before." she continued to use her notes with each step, enduring portions were proper as was their technique.
"Oh! Well, I don't think we actually want the lid broken, but I think I understand, we need to make sure it is sealed properly." Clair nodded and tried to help, though admittedly was not very strong.

And so it was, that Julia the Red replaced Ethel among the guard for Queen Innis, much to Wendy's chagrin, although Olivia didn't raise as much of a fuss, since Wendy had wanted Ethel on security with her, but begrudgingly accepted Olivia replacing Ethel, only because as Wendy put it, "I know Olivia pretty well, and trust her."

The raven haired woman with the white stripe soon heard about Ethel's demotion from royal guard, and sent her a message via another poor crew member. It said, Get revenge on your demotion by getting rid of Wendy Darling. She's a disgrace to the sea. A landlubbing security kissing up to the Captain. It was unsigned. At least she was admitting Wendy made a good security guard, and thus fighter. It was seven pm Neverland time.
--------------------------------------------------------------

After the wine was sealed in its barrel, the ladies were free for the rest of the afternoon, which wasn't really long, as within the hour, the dinner bell was sounded. It was exactly five pm, Berkshire England time.

Ruby would give Clair a hug saying she missed her, and both Callas as well, asking how Clair's day had gone.

Aurora, however dropped a bombshell on everyone. "It's come to my attention that several ladies have been complaining throughout the day of stomach ailments. I want to give everyone... And I mean EVERYONE..." A pointed look at Mr Handler and Amethyst, "A physical to check for allergies and abnormalities. I'll be watching all of you, in turn, throughout the dinner."

Gregor cleared his throat. "As a show of good faith in our medical resident, I will go first, followed by the other royals." He practically glared at Crimson Avenger and Princess Sapphire, both of which he heard complain to Aurora in his presence. He then looked at Ruby, who only nodded in agreement to the edict from both the host king and the doctor on call for court.

Ethel took the note but stopped the delivery person before could leave as she read it.
"Wait, I have a reply for whoever sent this," She told them, writing on some paper and putting it in the envelope to send it back.

It read: If you want a head, first I'll need a promise of coin, arrange a meeting and we can talk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clair would do her best to rest, remembering her promise to take it easy, despite how she still needed work on her inventions and they called to her.

When Ruby hugged her she would hug back.
"Oh, yes I missed you too, it was busy but fun, I learned lots" She smiled.
"How was your day?"

Mr. Handler waved as the announcement was made, for those who did not know him yet.

"Okay, we are ready when you are" Mr Handler assured.

Ethel would get her message, but not until after nine pm, Half my share from getting Lady Innis safely to the Capitol. Wendy's scalp as proof she's paid for her insolence with her life. This told Ethel three things besides the privateer hated Wendy. She didn't know the noble that had journeyed to the Capitol was THE queen, herself. She was an extremist and very possibly a Jane Hook supporter.... And she was possibly a Piccaninny Warrior in support of finding the queen. Not only Hook needed to know, but Chief Great Big Little Panther, too!
------------------------------------------------

During dinner, four stomachs rumbled and gurgled loudly, and one of the four, poor Avenger, let out a loud long belch, before actually turning a little green and moaning in discomfort, grabbing her abdomen, but especially her right side.

Aurora quickly grabbed her bag, asked Mrs Handler to grab the heroine, and princess carry her to the nearby parlor. After letting out another loud belch and groan, Aurora instructed Mrs Handler to loosen her cape and shirt while stuffing mint in Avenger's mouth. "Chew! Slowly! Hold it in your mouth, don't swallow!" She looked worriedly at Mrs Handler. "I really didn't want it this soon, but go ask your daughter if she's got a working prototype for her enlarger... I may very well need it. Also, inform Mr and Mrs Darling I need ice water to chill these and the patient. Let's get these windows open! The colder in here the better! I can handle the princess of Dunwyn, for now, also, let the king know I need him to replace you as assistant. This is going to need two hands. I hope he isn't squeamish around blood." She then prepared her medical tools for a possible emergency surgery... In the Darling's parlor. "Princess! I said Don't swallow! Here .. spit!" She placed a tobacco spittoon within easy reach.

(Calla is suffering from early warning signs of severe gas and appendicitis)

Last edited:
Ethel would wait till the time was right then find MacGoughal, informing her of everything she knew, including verifying the identity of the person that was trying to hire her.
"With all that, perhaps we can detain her easily if you hide Wendy and let a rumor spread that she went missing, then I'll arrange a meeting to show the scalp as proof and we catch her at the meeting," Ethel suggested.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone seemed to look over at the belch, and then the scene that followed got them out of their seats.

Mrs. Handler nodded and did as asked, remaining calm as she performed the requested actions, once done she moved to let Clair know what Aurora said.
"Oh! yes! I can have it ready quickly!" She said before running off to grab it.

She would return later with a bag, pulling out the devices she had requested.
80018285_k5w8jr.jpg

MacGoughal listened intently to Ethel. "Aye, tha's all well an' good, lassie, but where ye be gettin' a scalp? If it be who I think, she'll know a fake scalp from real. Ye be needin' t' inform Chief Great Big Little Panther one o' his warriors went rogue wi' jealousy. I don't hate Miss Darling, I jus' wannae see her stop playin' sailor! She's infantry or security nae a sailor!"

Cookie was also involved and the Australian had an idea. "Lady Wendy has rusty brown hair does she not? Old aboriginal trick, I can make your scalp, but I need the Chief's help. We're gonna hafta let him in on this. I can convince the bloke not to ruin the capture of our rogue."

She then got serious. "As far as hiding Ms Darling, yer on yer own, Clara. Last time you hid someone, I lost a whole barrel o' brine. Ain't happenin' agin, luv, no way. Galley an' me pantry are off limits."
------------------

As Aurora threw her utensils in the ice water, she made a face at the contraption. She quickly took a peek through the eyepiece as King Gregor
calmly talked to his in major pain daughter. With a sigh, she said, "Unless you have a jeweler's eyepiece for closeup, I need you to dismantle the telescope here from the rest of the device. The king will need to hold that steady for me so I can look inside Princess Calla when I get in her."

Aurora pushed the side in, causing Calla to shriek in unbearable pain. "BUUUUUURRRRRRRPPP!!! Fuck ME, Doc! Who's side are you ON?!" Aurora looked back to Clair. "Jeweler eyepiece or the telescope. I don't have a lot of time, and neither does the princess."

Ethel raised an eyebrow.
"Well as creative as that might be, I don't see why we need the scalp. Once Wendy is missing, and she shows up to get the scalp, we get her, unless you think she will send another proxy for scalp retrieval. But then we are going to need to in prison more than one sailor, as they are clearly helping her try to assassinate Wendy, not just delivering letters they may have not read."

--------------------------------------------

"Oh! Sorry! I actually have something better!" She reached into her bag and pulled out a round glass in a pole essentially.
"This will give magnification, but not too much, and will give more vision than the enlarger." She explained.
il_570xN.1163112760_98d4.jpg

"Oi, doin' a bit o' subterfuge innit? Nah, yeah, that could work, too." Cookie nodded, "We still need to let the Piccaninny Chief in on it, regardless."

Meanwhile, since Hook didn't want to know details, Julia the Red and Olivia Nevrakis were tasked with the hiding of Wendy Darling.

With Wendy's full knowledge and okay, Olivia even scraped one of her daggers against Wendy, just in case this assassin wanted to see blood.

Word was sent to Ethel, along with the bloodied dagger when they had Wendy safely hidden. Return my dagger when you can, Ethel, but use it as the proof you scalped her. Get that blasted rogue. Wendy's my friend.

The trap was now set.
---------------------------------------

Aurora nodded as she looked it over. She then handed the magnifying glass over to Gregor. "Your Majesty, if you'd be so kind as to hold this steady for me?"

Aurora then finished carefully removing Calla's shirt, cape and trousers, and sighed just loud enough for Clair to hear as she would be sent out, "Wish I had a way to knock her out..."

Clair would also hear King Gregor's wisecrack. "Good luck with that, Dr. Service, you'd need a blasted mace for Calla's hard head."

Princesses Sapphire and Ruby,Monterissan agent Millicent, Vintner Bernice (who would somehow rope Diana into waiting with them, but would Diana likewise rope Cassandra?) and Duchess Calla Grovershire would all be waiting in the study for Clair to return and give an update. Princess Calla would just be going into emergency surgery, but unless Clair was privy to anatomy, she wouldn't be able to tell Calla and her friends for what, just where.

Ethel nodded and took the dagger, planning to use it when and if it was necessary. Now she just had to wait to be contacted again by the rouge.

-------------------------------------------------------

Clair listened to the others speak, hearing of the one issue they had.
"What about a chemical way of causing unconsciousness?"

Diana would indeed try and bring whomever she could along, after all this seemed pretty major,

"I'm sorry, Captain, Miss Darling just vanished. Not like her to just leave a post, she seemed like a proper sentry to me. I know she'd never willingly leave her post, she looks up to you and Queen Innis too much." Olivia said as half-truths upon Wendy missing breakfast, reporting Wendy's disappearance to Hook.

Several hours later, the skunk colour haired woman, who definitely had to be in her 40s sat next to Ethel at breakfast mess in the Galley. "I hear that landlubber is missing. Can you confirm this, with proof?"

It looked like Olivia's dagger had to be shown to the obvious native skinned privateer before Ethel and the others could actually bust her, as proof of Wendy's "scalping".
------------------------------------

Aurora would just glance at Clair, with a clear Talk later glare as she shooed her. Now wasn't the time to brainstorm. She'd go back to cutting along Calla's side, looking in the magnifying glass Gregor was holding for her. "Thank you, Clair, now please go to the study and wait."

Grovershire sighed, and walked over to Diana. "Pence for your thoughts, my Amazon friend. Some of your medical advances are more farther along than ours, and Cordonia isn't that far behind you. Any idea what's ailing our avenging princess Calla?"

Cassandra had refused sitting around, choosing to take a long hike in the woods instead citing a need to calm her nerves, when in reality she was afraid. Afraid Calla wouldn't survive this.

Bernice and Millicent would stand across from each other in the entry to the study, arms folded across their chests, brows furrowed in worry, and watching for Clair to show up with news.

Ruby would start pacing.

Princess Calla Dunwyn's screams from the knife going in had disappeared (she was still whimpering, the blood clotting from cold somewhat working, but she could no longer be heard in the study from her place in the parlor).

Ethel subtly showed the bloody dagger under the table between them.
"The actual scalp is elsewhere, not good to bring it to a meal you see." She whispered back.
"Name a time and place and we can meet to show the additional proof"

------------------------------------------------------------

Clair's face went red as she caught on and nodded.
"right, sorry I'll give you two space," She said before leaving.

Diana shook her head.
"I can't be certain but given the position and the symptoms, perhaps something is wrong with her appendix?" She suggested.

Clair came into the room.
"They started the surgery, and have what they need, mostly. I think all we can do now is wait and hope"

(Neverland on hold until Berkshire time catches up)

The surgery would drag clear until and even past, what should have been bedtime for everyone, when Aurora finally walked in, wiping her hands on a rag. The front of her apron splotted with blood. "The king is staying with his daughter, who is resting comfortably. We got the appendix out just in time, but just. She's going to be weak and tired for most of the week, which means we're staying here in Berkshire for the foreseeable future, instead of heading to Scotland. I want you all to stay quiet, or at the very least, use indoor voices for a few days while she recovers. I also have to ask no visitors. Any questions regarding what happened this evening?" She then looked at Clair, "We'll talk about your idea tomorrow, let's keep any questions to pertain about Princess Calla's health, okay?" She then looked around the room.

Clair seemed about to speak up before Aurora addressed her, nodding in reply not having much else to say or ask.

Diana looked toward Aurora.
"Could you describe how the surgery went? Any issues or challenges outside of the expected?" she asked.

Aurora nodded. "Thanks to the medical magnifying glass, so I could see inside the body as I went in, I was able to find the inflamed appendix easily, and easier than I have had with other major surgeries before. By keeping the tools and the room as cold as possible, I also had less blood loss. I would like some way to keep more blood in, as it did get hairy for me and King Gregor an hour in. Like most surgeries of this type, princess, it was about three hours. Two of it, touch and go. She passed out from the pain, roughly an hour in as well. Once I got her sewn back up, I stayed with her until the blood pressure came back up, and she seemed out of danger. That's when I came in here to give you all the update, roughly six hours after I first started the surgery. If you have any more pointers, for the next time, which I hope isn't for a while, we can talk about Amazon medical advances privily."

Aurora then addressed the Grecian Jewel Kingdom princess. "Sapphire, I have to keep an eye on Calla right now, and I will try to give all the physicals tomorrow, meanwhile, everyone get some sleep. I'm going to go back to check on King Gregor and Calla and be ready for any complications."

Diana nodded.
"That sounds reasonable"

Clair hesitated before speaking.
"Is there anything I might be able to make tonight that could be of help? Maybe another one of those magnifying devices? That's the one I usually use when working with small machines in my designs. Or perhaps an agent to knock someone out or dull pain for future surgeries?"

Aurora glanced at Clair. "You've done good, I want you to get some rest tonight, don't stress about anything right now. It's already after 11. I don't expect any issues. We'll talk during your physical tomorrow, okay? Relax. Please, Clair, don't make me make it an order to rest."

When Ruby asked if she should be in Clair's room to make sure she went to bed, Bernice actually smirked and Millicent giggled. Aurora just shook her head with a sigh and said, "Only if Clair invites you to her room, princess Ruby." She looked like she was about to facepalm. Aurora also hoped Clair would actually understand that the Cordonian Princess obviously had a crush on her. They needed to handle that themselves.

"Yes right, of course, I remember my promise, I'll rest tonight, no working" Clair placed a hand on the back of her head and nodded looking toward Ruby as she made the request, looking around at the other girls' reaction to it.
"Oh umm, thanks Princess Ruby that's kind of you to offer, but I am sure you need to rest as well, I promise I'll go straight to bed this time." She told her nervously, not really catching onto the other's reactions, though she realized how Ruby felt toward her she wasn't putting the information together.

All Ruby could say was, "If you're sure... I'm just a few doors down across the hall..."

The first breakfast after Princess Calla's emergency appendectomy found a subdued court. There wasn't the normal banter, and Aurora had called for the royals remaining first, as promised, and as promised, King Gregor went first of all. Breakfast was over as Ruby came back from her physical, and announced "Doctor Service wants to see the guards next, starting with Sir Handler." Sapphire gave both a puzzled look, she hadn't seen Dr. Aurora yet, and she was the last royal.

(Aurora had planned alphabetically for the princesses, Ruby has announced Clair's dad instead of Sapphire. Either Diana or Mr Handler could ask to make sure Ruby called the right person)

Mr. Handler paused.
"My apologies, but wouldn't the Princess Sapphire need to go before me? after all, I am no Royal" He asked wanting to be sure before he left.

Ruby blushed a little.
"Oh, right, Princess Sapphire next. Not sure where my head was at there." She admitted, perhaps she just had Handler on the brain.

Back
Top Bottom