Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

How To Deliver Justice (with KiraMusani

"Oh umm, that's fine, how are you liking the microscope so far? any complaints? suggestions on ways to improve it?" Clair asked putting the flowers away and pulling out her notebook. Clair was fine with patience when it came to things she did not have any power over.

----------------------------------

Ethel nodded with a hand to her chin as she explained what she wanted to learn.
"Excellent, we can certainly do a hand-to-hand with proper weapon defense and disarming tactics, luckily that is my specialty. I won't start now"

Aurora shrugged. "I really don't have any complaints with the microscope, Clair, Cordonia is already on the cutting edge of medicine. Any advantage to farther that is all the thanks we need." She patted the other device, she was wearing around her neck. "I just wish I had a name for this. I'm stumped. It's amazing what it allows me to hear what's going on in the body. Can you make Dr. Arden one as well, for when he arrives?"
-----------------------

Wendy raised an eyebrow. "I could definitely use more help in hand to hand." She admitted, "And I wouldn't want it right now either. We'd probably have to clear this with both Captain Hook and Queen Innis anyway. Now probably wouldn't be feasible for me, but if I can get time from Innis, how about tomorrow or the day after? Won't you be staying at the palace anyway?"

(This is going off the fact, Ethel said she WON'T start NOW. Wendy's agreeing she doesn't have time NOW, immediately after the hearing, either.)

Last edited:
Clair nodded.
"Sure! I can try and make another, umm, microscope for Dr. Arden as well, luckily making them isn't too hard once I have the design" she nodded.
"As for the name, perhaps Dr. Arden can think of the name based off it's use?" she suggested.

-------------------------------------------

Ethel smirked and placed a hand on Wendy's shoulder.
"Wendy dear, all I have is time, you let me know when you want to train and I'm good for it" she assured her.

Last edited:
Aurora shrugged. "This one, though. The one I use to check heart, lungs, stomach.... All those bodily noises we don't normally pick up with the ear, and we have to touch pressure points to check the pulse. So he'll have something to take back to Queen Kenna. Let me run more tests on the microscope first." She of course meant, utilize it with other things, knowing Arden would probably want it to go back to Kenna also, before she had a chance to play with it some more.

It would soon be time for everyone to head for dinner, and it would be during the after-dinner conversation that a footman would arrive with news that the noble from Manchester had arrived for embroidery the next day.

Aurora shook her head. "Embroidery. Just a fancy name for fancy suturing with a design in mind." She scoffed. Just because she knew how to embroider, didn't mean she liked it.

(Neverland not needed)

Clair nodded.
"Oh yes, I meant I could try to make another one of those and another microscope for Dr. Arden, I don't think you should give these away at all" She clarified.

"Oh Embroidery, not exactly my specialty, but I know how to do it, though I am not great at the design part of it, mechanically I am okay with the process" Clair whispered back.

(Berkshire embroidery games)
---------------------------------------++++-----

The next day, just as the sun peeled over the horizon, Wendy was in the courtyard looking for the guard training grounds, and Ethel for her first lesson in training. She was now dressed in something resembling a royal bodyguard, with a skirt that went to just above her ankles, because female Neverland guards had to wear skirts. A law in place for hundreds of years.

She saluted her guard captain, and scanned for either Ethel or her ship's captain. "You haven't seen Captain Hook or Ethel yet, have you?"

"No, but if Ethel's anything like you said, you best be on your guard for a sneak attack. We Neverland guards do that to each other all the time, so she's aware of that "greeting" if she's fought as one before.

Warily, Wendy nodded, and tried to pay closer attention to her surroundings. She didn't want to be taken off guard.

Wendy crept silently over towards the bush, but scanned some of the lower branches of the nearby trees, hand on her basket handled sword. It was about a few inches lower than her at it's top. She wouldn't be able to look over it completely without getting on her toes. "Come out from behind the bush. I was just told it's customary for Neverland guards to try to surprise each other." She again, looking at the lower branches of the trees around her, quipped, "You gotta get up pretty early in the morning to get the drop on me." She even poked the bush a few times with her now drawn sword, for good measure, and called, "En garde!"

As she looked up at the lower branch of the trees, and poked the bush she felt a pressure on her neck, a HAND!?
"Oh really? cause you'd be dead if I had wanted" She whispered from behind.

Wendy sighed. "I guess you got up in the wee hours this morning, too. Nice sunrise wasn't it? How'd you do that where you seemed over here, either in the trees dropping things into the bush, or behind it, when you were behind me. Definitely a trick im probably going to need to learn." Ethel could probably hear Wendy's heart race, but she kept a calm demeanor as if someone had trained her not to show fear.

"Yup, if we are training, I might as well show you a thing or two" She smirked and released her.
"let's hope that is your only death today" She took a step back, showing what looked like a hole in the ground with a mat of grass the same size as the top of the hole.
"Here, look at this," She said reaching down and pulling up a near-invisible string, which when lifted, rustled the bush, and when in the grass, would be impossible to see, even to most eagle-eyed.
"Just a slight movement of the wrist, and under there you walked right by," she said gesturing to the small hole.

Wendy raised an eyebrow. "Fancy that. I did indeed walk by that. Well, one foot right on it. I thought I was going to have to inform Queen Innis about some water saturated ground. We ARE on an island after all."

She straightened her blouse like shirt and leather vest. "I kind of see why this hard leather is all the armour we wear; it'd get a might hot in all that metal. I suppose you already know this is rhino hide." They would walk the rest of the way to the training grounds, that Wendy didn't realize was actually called "proving grounds" where weak links were quickly weeded out if someone wanted to be a Queen's Guard. Wendy wanted to be on the ship as Captain of the Ship Guards and Captain Hook's personal bodyguard. The former she already had.

Facing Ethel and taking a deep breath, "All right, I'm ready to, as Neverland Guards would say, learn to throw down. What's the first lesson?"

Ethel chuckled.
"Okay, the first thing I want you to do, is try and kill me, I want to see what you got" She crossed her arms, waiting to see Wendy's response.

The Captain of the Queen's Guard, an older gentleman doing rounds, did a double take as Wendy's stood there, her mouth and eyes wide open. Getting on his subordinate first, he barked. "Close your mouth before you swallow a fly, Private!"

Then he rounded on Ethel. "I think I recognize you, Corporal. You seem to forget... We don't kill unless absolutely necessary. The ruler usually wants them alive to stand trial. You're training her in hand to hand, right?"

Turning back to Wendy, he barked, "Your superior officer wants to see how you fight. With your fists. Try to beat her senseless. Continue the sparring match." After saying that the Captain walked on to the bleachers and sat down, watching Wendy, more than Ethel.

Wendy furrowed her brow and gathering her resolve, charging Ethel with a fist aiming for the temple and the other arm ready to block or deflect any attack to her own person.

Ethel turned to the passing guard.
"I know how you do things here, unfortunately for you, your enemies don't all share your morals and rules, therefore she must learn to fight against life-threatening attacks. Don't step on my toes, this is my training, not yours" She barked crossing her arms.

But before she would correct Wendy on what she wanted to happen Wendy was already charging her on the word of the guard. At first, it seemed like Ethel wasn't going to block, or counter-attack, but as Wendy's fist started to swing at her temple Ethel used the blindspot created by Wendy's own arm as a route for her arm to move, not blocking but simply slightly redirecting her first while grabbing her wrist. She moved it in the direction it was already going while swinging her leg under Wendy. She now had Wendy's arm crossing over her own body, throwing her balance off while sweeping her leg.

Wendy had already learned this trick from Olivia, using her own forward unbalanced momentum, she rebalanced herself from a painful faceplant to the field. She swung around after several steps, sword drawn.

The Captain slow clapped. "Private Darling. You're injured, if not dead. Had that been real, you'd have had a sword in your back by now. And what do you have to show for it? Fail. Keep your eyes on your opponent's body language." He exchanged glances with Ethel before sitting back down, nodding once as if approving of the move.

Last edited:
"Ahh, excellent, not the worst recovery to be fair, but now I can show you how to contend against an armed opponent when you yourself are unarmed." She offered and prepared herself for Wendy to attack with her sword.

Wendy frowned. Well, which was it a fail or not the worst? With a grimace, she sighed. Looks like she was doing this. She charged forward to take a swipe at Ethel's arm. She didn't want to actually maim her, pulling up from taking off a hand for a glancing blow in the meat of the arm. This was sparring, not real, no matter what the captain may think. Or Ethel for that matter.

As Wendy came at her, but pulled her swing Ethel moved quickly, easily turning away from the swing that was already to her side, and with the same fluid movement she got Wendy's sword hand's wrist, twisting it, sending a shot of pain through her. But she wouldn't have time to react to the pain before taking an elbow to her wound. Though it seemed both these pains were a distraction as Ethel had taken her sword into her hand, as her other held Wendy's wrist.

Wendy hadn't really noticed anything until the elbow went into her twisted wrist. She grimaced, without yelping and saw Ethel brandishing Wendy's basket-hilted sword. She flexed her fingers. "Well played." There was definitely a little pain in her voice, but no other outward signs of being in pain. "Can I have my personal sword back now?"

"She has to sheathe it for you, Private. Unless you want to try to get it back, the same way. Let's see if you learned something." Of course the Captain of the Guard would butt in again, at least this time his hard-ass ways was actual instructions for Wendy herself, to recover her sword.

In the same swift motion she had used on the attempted assassin, she grabbed Ethel's wrist, twisted and put her elbow to the wrist, while grabbing her sword back. "I want to try those other two moves. The block and redirect, as well as the distraction. It won't always be defense." At least she was thinking, and got a sharp single nod from her main superior officer.

Ethel held the sword, letting Wendy go through the motions of the disarming move.
"Not bad, especially for only having had it done on you once, certainly learning it faster than I did. As for the other moves, of course, I'll attack you in such a way that you can do them since otherwise, you can't learn. Just know we are in practice mode, not sparing mode. That being said, don't go easy, I'll let you know if you mess up, and it won't be pleasant" She warned before going in for the same punch to the Temple Wendy had done to her.

Wendy instinctively put her arm up to block, before grabbing Ethel's wrist to redirect the punch. Unlike with Ethel, she didn't move fast enough, and took an unexpected head over heels flip, over Ethel upon the collision, landing on her back, hard. "Aaaaagghh!" She said coughing. "What did I do wrong? You weren't sent flying!"

Ethel caught herself and smiled down at Wendy.
"Heh, let us go through the steps of that move." She smiled and held a hand down, to offer her a hand up.

Once Wendy was up Ethel stood in front of her.
"Okay, so when my punch-in comes through here, you need to both pivot in counter to my momentum, that you are redirecting, like this," She said taking her arm and moving it slowly in the same motion.

"Now you saw my hands, but now watch my feet, you need to reposition yourself out of the way of your opponent's body, and plant yourself while still ready to adjust at a moment's notice. Make sure not to let their momentum knock you around, remember, you aren't stopping their momentum, you are simply redirecting it in the easiest possible direction, the Harder the punch, the easier it will be." She explained.

Wendy nodded, getting what she was being told, and would be ready the next time, actually making the move, including getting out of the way, when it was time to defend against an incoming punch to the face, or temple.

She'd be ready for the diversion tactic.

Ethel would come at her again, this time going for another basic Temple punch, and with the maneuver done properly, she would let herself fall and stop on the ground.
"Okay, so, your opponent, trying to kill you get's knocked down, but is far from defeated, what do you do?" She asked, testing Wendy's instincts.

Back
Top Bottom