Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
I'm open to suggestions. One idea was wedding planning and preparation. Another was him him making a kiln for bricks.

Good news, all: my partner and I are off the streets! We have been taken in by a middle-aged woman who is in real estate and has two adorable big baby dogs (of course they're older but still, you can't always take the puppy out of the dog. Not that you'd want to) but I digress. I will accordingly have much more time to devote to this and other roleplays. And puppers!! Lol.

I'm open to suggestions. One idea was wedding planning and preparation. Another was him him making a kiln for bricks.
With the bride being pregnant (soon to be revealed), perhaps we could introduce a bit of 'free use' into the ceremony?

So about the second expedition I have a few thoughts and questions for the group.

1. As Abeba suggests the civilisation that left them behind might not actually be entirely gone. Do we want to find clues to this effect, or perhaps even have them encounter one of the people that built the ruins. Maybe they find something like a map carved in stone.

2. I was thinking that they would be an ancient burial ground and temple fallen into disrepair no more than a few centuries ago. Perhaps because of a change in government or because of a merger with another tribe into a larger settlement some distance away.

Perhaps more the reception than the ceremony? Best if it is Alexander's idea, his gift to their new extended family and something of a nod to the openness required of the breeding program? Kind of a contrast to Lucas and even Capheus. It might be fun if Elizabeth was part of the fun too, especially since she is presumably fertile.

So about the second expedition I have a few thoughts and questions for the group.

1. As Abeba suggests the civilisation that left them behind might not actually be entirely gone. Do we want to find clues to this effect, or perhaps even have them encounter one of the people that built the ruins. Maybe they find something like a map carved in stone.

2. I was thinking that they would be an ancient burial ground and temple fallen into disrepair no more than a few centuries ago. Perhaps because of a change in government or because of a merger with another tribe into a larger settlement some distance away.
Another option might be a holographic librarian. They could learn something about the species, some of it might give pause. Then there can be some discussion as to whether they should try to make contact or not. (I'd be willing to play the librarian.)

Another option might be a holographic librarian.

And now I'm jealous I didn't think of that. Some kind of high tech console hidden behind, or underneath, the ruins.

They could learn something about the species, some of it might give pause. Then there can be some discussion as to whether they should try to make contact or not.

A good reason to have an actual colony meeting and perhaps also elect some sort of leader/spokesperson.

Also; didn't we have a linguist of sorts among the survivors?

(I'd be willing to play the librarian.)

I second that suggestion.

Would the previous civilization have achieved the right level of technology to build a hologram?

There is no need for the hologram to have been built but the current civilisation, or even an indigenous civilisation.

Another option might be a holographic librarian.
Would the previous civilization have achieved the right level of technology to build a hologram?
There is no need for the hologram to have been built but the current civilisation, or even an indigenous civilisation.

Wasn't there something like that in Stargate Atlantis where they encounter a holographic librarian left behind by those who built Atlantis? It could be the same thing here perhaps but rather than evolving the indigenous species on the planet/moon (unsure which we settled on) devolved, perhaps due to a plague like disease that decimated the population or through civil war, or perhaps the indigenous population were mere slaves mining some precious mineral for another alien civilisation. And once the sources of said mineral was depleted the alien civilisation simply abandoned them leaving a holographic librarian behind.

Or something like that.

Wasn't there something like that in Stargate Atlantis where they encounter a holographic librarian left behind by those who built Atlantis? It could be the same thing here perhaps but rather than evolving the indigenous species on the planet/moon (unsure which we settled on) devolved, perhaps due to a plague like disease that decimated the population or through civil war, or perhaps the indigenous population were mere slaves mining some precious mineral for another alien civilisation. And once the sources of said mineral was depleted the alien civilisation simply abandoned them leaving a holographic librarian behind.

Or something like that.
I think this mechanism has been used many times. I like your suggestion that the hologram is potentially from another more advanced alien race then the one indigenous to this planet. Perhaps there to study as much as to inform. Whether she is neutral, benevolent, or malicious will be open to discussion (or perhaps a surprise).

Aye, the Ancients left the hologram behind aboard Atlantis, along with all the other technology. I'm very glad you know Stargate as well as Star Trek. I don't mind what we come up with as for its purpose.

PIX-8-LIS_SG_102_00247R.jpg
I figured it was two up front and a benchseat for three in the back but based on the picture I might be wrong.

Indeed, based on the picture, there are individual bucket seats. A bench seat might actually be less practical since the occupants would bang against each other on rough terrain.

Is it just me then seeing three individual bucket seats up front, three back to back with them and then another facing the front behind those in this picture then.
1B4741563CE55C1E5F60A0F8EB00748C958FCE5F

Back
Top Bottom