Lost in Space (Reboot) OoC

MsBloom

Moonchild
Where we plot.

Some basic but important information
The breeding protocol was always there as a contingency plan, in case any sort of disastrous event should reduce the human population aboard the colony ship to numbers below expected viable biological diversity through free choice of partner. Even with the colony ship intact and arriving at it's intended destination there was a protocol in place by which each adult man and woman were required to produce at least two children, a third and fourth child giving the parents a financial bonus for each additional child.

The contingency plan however was a little different, firstly in that it required all males and females over the age of 15 to breed at least three children without any promise of a bonus for a fourth or fifth. The children should preferably all be conceived within no more than a year of each other.

Choice of partner for each child was a free choice but also subject to strict regulations:

1. No couple already having produced a child were allowed to produce another until they had filled the mandated quota of at least three more children.

2. If a coupled male and female did not conceive a child within 6 months they were to be assigned new breeding partners.

3. Due to lesser probability of women over forty falling pregnant they were to choose younger males with more viable sperm to breed with and vice versa, younger females with a greater probability of falling pregnant were to choose older males with less viable sperm to breed with.

4. No colonist, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation, were allowed to refuse breeding. Punishment for refusing to breed or secretly using any sort of contraceptive was banishment from the colony or be forced to breed without their consent. This applied to both males and females.
the only contraceptives allowed would be condoms or diaphragms to allow husbands and wives to still enjoy sex without risking pregnancy if they already have a child between them. All other methods such as birth control pills or implants, injections and whatever else of a more permanent nature would be illegal.
  • No one should feel that they need to write non-con to fully enjoy our group.
  • Non-con scenes should be labeled as such in the thread name so those wanting to avoid, not read them have a warning.

Last edited:
Gonna try and get responses up tonigh, but this next week I'll be closer to MsBloom's neck of the woods and won't be able to write.

Is Mia making the big announcement to the kids or should it come from mom and dad? That would be my preference but it doesn't have to be that way.

The way I read it Elizabeth is basically inviting Mia to make it at the very end of the latest post by @Colonel_Liam .

In a way I can understand that it might sound better coming from Alexander or Elizabeth but the Drake kids already know about the relationship between their parents and Mia. They probably already see her as an extra mom either way so it makes sense that it would come from her as well.

The way I intended it, was for Mia to make the announcement but I can see if I can edit it or something. Not an imperative.

If I may, I also would like it to come from Mia.

I can almost hear her speech about how, despite having no biological relations to any of the three Drake children she consider them her children just as much as they are Alexander's and Elizabeth's and love them as such, and hope that they too feel the same about her as she does about them and then ... maybe not so much announcing her engagement to Alexander and Elizabeth but asking the children for their hand in marriage (in a kind of twisted version of old marital traditions).

(Not that I am in any way trying to write your post for you @LeaT .)

I also sort of took a leaf out of Star Trek's book and had him make a more personal log entry as well. Hope that's okay.

Certainly. Maybe he could mark his official log entries as security officer as such in the title somehow though.

Where is the recruitment thread?

It has been closed by @LeaT and I think she has to be the one to reactivate it since she originally posted it.

Back
Top Bottom