Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts 2022 OOC

Sorry about going quiet. My muse has been fatigued for a while. I should be rousing her to post in the next day or so, though.

I'm finally dragging myself to life and starting to post again! And it is a post in which we see that Alex is not smooth and confident with the ladies!

As far as the idea @LeaT had about an enemy, how about the post-Brexit British government? Here's a rough idea I've had kicking around my head for a while now:

We know the Ministry of Magic is technically part of the government of the United Kingdom, even though they've largely operated autonomously for centuries. They have their own laws, their own police force, and a willingness to act completely in their own interest to cover up anything involving the activities of the Ministry or the larger magical world.

In the wake of Voldemort's second defeat, Number 10 Downing Street has instructed the Home Office to find a way to bring the Ministry of Magic to heel. The rogue Ministry is too much a threat to the Crown and national security. The Home Office dug deep into their records and current projects, as well as certain programs of the Ministry of Defense and (interestingly enough) His Majesty's Treasury. Here are some of the things they've been up to:
  • Creating a liaison program between the Aurors and the Metropolitan Police, allowing the Met to get accustomed to the idea that magic is a real force.
  • Recruitment of disaffected and disenfranchised wizards (typically from the ranks of "mudbloods" and "squibs"), people with greater loyalty to His Majesty's Government than to the MoM, to form the backbone of a covert advanced magical education program for young wizards. The goal is to funnel most of them into government service in intelligence, law enforcement, or the military.
  • Recruitment of disaffected nonhuman sapients such as dwarves, goblins, centaurs, offering them full human rights in the Commonwealth with a quid-pro-quo expectation that they will utilize their talents for the benefit of the Kingdom of Great Britain.
  • Utilizing existing tools such as GIS mapping, drone flights, the Ring of Steel, and GPS to locate concealed wizard locations. Diagon Alley, for instance, has already been located and included in military and law enforcement maps.
The next serious move will be to bring the Minister of Magic to heel. The Ministry will acknowledge that they are subject to the Crown and conform to the laws of the Kingdom of Great Britain. They will begin the integration of the "wizard community" into the mainstream of the Kingdom of Great Britain, and they will cease acting as an independent nation. Or the Prime Minister will recommend that Parliament create the office of Witchfinder General to coordinate MI6 and His Majesty's Armed Forces as they compel the Ministry of Magic to acknowledge the authority of the His Majesty and His Majesty's Government.

I like the overall idea as more of a background, but I think I would focus on one snippet of it to keep it simple. Can you distill this into a character you want to play and perhaps open it up to one or more compatriots among existing or new characters?

Oh wow, okay so my bad, I totally didn't realize that this RP was still up and running! I had notifications set for threads that hadn't gotten any responses anymore, so I assumed people had moved on. If anybody has open space and wants to plan out a scene or something, hit me up!

I really miss this. If you're interested, let me know!
Definitely interested! I only have the one character currently, but I've still got the itch to have her interact with another student! I really like both of your student characters so I'm not picky between which of them you would want to use. We could either make a new thread (I'd have to brush up on the rules but I think that should be fine. We're still missing a bunch of important locations after all) or use one of the existing ones. The potion lab isn't being used currently?

Seeking info if this is still being done just applied to take a substitute teacher role or prefect that works to cover for teachers.

Happy to try and head this revive as Hogwarts legacy got me hype to rp!

Really just one scene going on with myself and another player but I'm open to expanding. Feel free to stir the cauldron and we shall see what else appears. I'm not sure to what extent Hogwarts uses substitute teacher's and I am no expert but I thought prefects were themselves students. I don't see where we have a Quidditch coach or Flying Instructor but if you prefer to be more of a substitute maybe on something of a probationary period, that could work. It might be fun to try and recruit that 18+ league among the staff!

Lovely i take the substitue role as a "If professors are busy this prefect/higher learning student can teach others. or Tutor them. still a student but a advanced one." Id love to take Quidditch coach/ teacher as he is a beater for ravenclaw and i can make rooms for each house's Quidditch changing room and pitch (oh and showers ;) ) Happy for you to place me where you wish but i also can assist making plot and story Large potter fan here. Is it ok to say he is older brother of harry or should i take distant relative?
thanks for fast reply was worried this was going down

To be honest, my friend, I'm thinking about rebooting this. I love Harry Potter, and I'm not sure if I let this die or if others did, or what happened. Would you be interested if I started this all over?

If you want to start it over I'd be happy to try and help out. Make Hogwarts University 2023 and I will take what role you prefer again love idea of being a stand in perfect for multiple classes or just be flying or Charms.

If the character I gave is ok I'll do all I can to make this pop with story and lore galore

I have no problem with your character being a substitute teacher. I think it may work, too, if he works as a Deputy Headmaster, per se. Just a thought!

Just read the history really xD being a potter (dependant if your ok with him being as i said older brother) it can work perfectly.

Happy to de decendant. or a twenty nine/thirty Yo Lewis as well it was the 90's for the main film so its plausable he is a teacher and forget the prefect.

Back
Top Bottom