Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts 2022 OOC

It has been so long since I did a Hogwarts themed RP. I am excited to do it now that I have more knowledge and experience as a Roleplayer and in the Fantasy Genre

Welcome, @SMG9000 great to have you!

I am going to post an initial scene later today where we can introduce our characters. I'll be sort of on and off today as I get ready for the US holiday.

We can toss out ideas for other scenes here once we get comfortable.

@Red Day also has a character and I've had some PM interest so hopefully we will get some momentum going.

Awesome I am working on a little post introducing both Ayaka and her father. I have a few ideas for plot and storylines although cant decide where I want to take it. I was thinking her father could become a possible antagonist. I am not sure yet though if I want to take it that way yet though.

Hope you have a good holiday, my holiday was Friday.

@SMG9000 you are welcome to post the father as a second character if you like. If you would rather play him as more of an NPC, that is fine as well.

I'm going to give @Red Day time to post in the Summer Solstice before responding. I know he had a busy night with our holiday here in the states. I'm out of time and energy for tonight as well and back to work in the morning. But looking forward to getting started and perhaps adding a few more characters to our group.

This seems like a lot of fun, I'd love to get a scene going with somebody. Admittedly, I've never done a group RP on this site, so I don't know exactly how it works.

Amelia seems awesome! I may adjust MC's year to match that so we can have our characters be class mates. I notice YC has a sibling do you want her to be an active character or NPC in the story?

Thanks! I really like all the characters thus far as well, Ayaka seems great! If you want them to be classmates that sounds like fun :)

I was going to leave the sister as an NPC for now, though I didn't want to exclude the possibility of playing as her one day.

I have some ideas brewing in my mind for different plots we could run, some light fun, some deeper plots. I know @LeaT had some possible antagonists. I was thinking of flushing them out a little more and we could use them as a joint NPC to have some fun bullying.

I'm always interested in hearing plot ideas lol. I didn't have anything concrete plot/scenario-wise when I made my character, though I'll try to come up with some over the next few days. There's definitely a lot of room for drama and stuff if we decide to have some amount of antagonists lurking around!

Part of the fun of Harry Potter is having some snobby classist slightly racists bullies lol... Any limits or triggering themes you want to avoid with you character?

This seems like a lot of fun, I'd love to get a scene going with somebody. Admittedly, I've never done a group RP on this site, so I don't know exactly how it works.
Welcome, very happy to have you join us. Tabitha looks wonderful. In an 'open' roleplay, I don't approve players. I might suggest re-considering the last name as we already have a 'Grey' but that doesn't mean there can't be a 'Gray' family as well but it might become logistically troublesome down the line.

I wouldn't worry about not doing a group before. They can be tough to start, and keep going, but if we communicate and play nicely, it has possibilities. As we get to know each other, we will get a better idea of each other's writing styles and activity cycles. So be patient as we get things going, add ideas of your own as they present themselves, and have fun.

I think we are starting to have a great little cast. I am excited to see the plot develop and where we take the story ^^

I might suggest re-considering the last name as we already have a 'Grey' but that doesn't mean there can't be a 'Gray' family as well but it might become logistically troublesome down the line.

Crazy coincidence with the last names, I hadn't thought to check that. I went ahead and changed mine to something else! So the one thread that exists right now, is that purely for the scene at Stonehenge, or if something else gets going can it go into that thread as well or does a new one have to be made?

I think we are starting to have a great little cast. I am excited to see the plot develop and where we take the story ^^

Me too! Do you want to come up with some kind of scene for Amelia and Ayaka soon? Or would you rather set up a scene with Charlotte? She looks great too!

Me too! Do you want to come up with some kind of scene for Amelia and Ayaka soon? Or would you rather set up a scene with Charlotte? She looks great too!
My idea with Charlotte is she will be a mean girl and bully. Probably has bullied Amelia in previous years. I do like the idea of Amelia and Ayaka becoming close. I was thinking since Ayaka is an exchange student and does have a natural loyalty to the house system as others. Maybe the summer at the summer even Amelia is drawn to Ayaka since she is so odd and out of place sparking her curiousity. Later at school they become study buddies helping eachother but also in a friendly competition to become top student?

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea!? Seeing a classmate she hasn’t really talked to much before the start of the school year would be a great way to get acquainted! And the little friendly competition sounds like fun, though I don’t think Amelia woyld be super focused on academics to the point where ‘top student’ is an achievable goal, but it doesn’t hurt to try right?

Hello. Just stumbled across this. Fan of the setting, considering making a male Potions professor, only a pervert in moderation.

I am excited to see what you come up with. Will he be the Head of a House as well?

By process of elimination...yes. I'm open to that changing for a future PC though

So I have been thinking about villain plots.

Charlotte: I am thinking of playing her more Mean Girls evil. Someone who will bully, harass, and make you cry but not going murder or try and bring forth the end of the world.

Ayaka's Father: I am still not sure if I want to make him evil but I do like the idea of him and his faction are not necessarily on the same side as the London and English Ministry of Magic. I have this idea in my head of Kenji seeing the English Magic-Users as incomptent, harmful to there land and 'natural magic'

Dark Wizards after something: Dark Wizards searching for an evil artifact is something I think can be a lot of fun and bring actions and drama. My initial idea are evil scrolls or books. Something that we could connect @SagittariusX 's characters love and knowledge of rituals and ruins.

I am curious to hear everyone's thoughts. Also when it comes to events or twists, do we want to surprise each other with them or talk them over?

Okay, am torn between Houses except to rule out Hufflepuff since I don't want to stack on that. As for class, Potions and Charms both have appeal, mainly because I noticed that only Ayako likes Potions (but also likes Charms).

However, Amelia (@TabithaVaush) has them on her least favorite. Now, it is tempting to try and win Amelia's fondness for learning Potions by introducing her to the kinds that might help her make friends, that is just one thought. The whole helping a struggling student angle, though...I don't see her as that type, could be wrong. Please let me know if I misread. In addition, I think going Gryffindor or Slytherin affect that tone as well given the historical animosity between the houses. Les and Charlotte are both "meh" on it. So for her, there's potential for a wide range or antagonism or friendliness (or both!), and would love to hear if you have a preference.

With Charms, that seems a subject characters (and hopefully by extension, players) would enjoy more. And both Charms and Potions have potential for mischief and interesting exams.

With House, while it is a fact that Ravenclaw currently has "double" the appeal, I am genuinely torn, as I like a variety of relationship dynamics.

For blood, I am thinking pure blood, though not a "dynasty" family. That should at least help with some thoughts.

@SMG9000 Would love to hear what ideas you had.

Actually, for any of you, feel free to PM me if you are more comfortable discussing dynamics privately.

As for the Class, I do think you can get good rp from a character liking a class and good rp from a character hating and failing the class. Failing and putting pressure on the student causing them stress which can motivate or hamper them in other scenes. So you can probably do a fair bit with Potions to make them challenging on the characters (from an RP prospective)

As for Charms, I think that is good to help YC becoming almost universally loved, since I think it is the majority of characters favorite subject.

For the House, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. All offer great RP opportunities

As for Ayaka, I am going off a wiki that has infomation about Wizard stuff in Japan as well as making stuff up based on the culture and what I think would sound cool. The wiki had something about Potion competitions in Asia with winners getting golden caldrens. Ayaka might have had interests in obtaining that before she came to England. I am also have this idea of Ayaka's family with a connection Shintoism, spirits and magic. Still working those ideas in my head.

As for Charlotte, she is not above using her body to get better grades. She has a few tricks and spells she has been working on that I might keep secret till I have her use them. I am going with a smart and if she puts effort in she could be a top student but instead she just expects to get things served to her.

Back
Top Bottom