Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Now or Never (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

She kissed back with a soft moan, holding onto him tenderly, "I love you, too..." She replied.
There wasn't any time for a wedding ceremony; hell, there was hardly time to find a courthouse. They were on the move all the time, Vivi being the best manager she could be with what little knowledge she had. Once a show was done in one town, they were off straight to the next. It was tough on all of them, even Cash. He was starting to wear down from the traveling, his only comfort being Vivi at night. They had another show before they were off again, and Cash was setting up with everyone when he heard the drummer - Joe - mumbling to the guitarist - Mick.
"She does know we aren't robots, right?" Joe grumbled, "My hands and feet fucking hurt."
"Chill, dude, she's doing her best.." Mick said quietly as he tuned his strings.
"Well, she's doing a shit job." Joe shot back, a little too loudly.
"Bro, shut it." Mick hissed anxiously.

Cash snapped and grabbed him by the collar. "You wanna be broke, huh? You wanna be trying to scrap around for some fucking shit gigs? Vee's doin the fuckin best she can. If you can do better then by all means fuckin try to do better or find someone else Joe, I'm gettin' sick of your attitude."

"Get your fucking hands off me, Cash." Joe growled out and Mick tried desperately to separate them.
"Cash, Cash, bro, he doesn't mean it, man, he's tired. We're all tired, bud, ease back, ease back." He said.

"Keep your negative fuckin' thoughts to yourself, Joe. We're tired and I won't have you talking shit about our manager and my wife. We could be doing a lot fucking worse." He said, releasing the guitar player.

"She isn't even your wife, dog. She's just some bimbo you picked up at a bar." Joe snapped. Mick immediately got between the two, hands up in front of Cash to keep him from swinging.
"Breathe, big man. Breathe."
"Joe, shut your fucking mouth." Shawn spat, the bassist now equally pissed off.
"What's going on over here...?" Vivi moved over, looking concerned.

"Nothin' hun, nothin' at all." Cash said, glaring fire at the guitarist. "Just discussing some possible sound changes in the band is all."

Vivi looked between Cash and Joe, seeing how tense the situation between them was, and made a soft noise, "Perhaps we should postpone the show...you guys look really tense.."
"Honey, you have no idea." Mick grinned nervously. Vivi made a noise and gave a nod.
"I'll go talk about pushing the show back to tomorrow night...I'll have to work out a lot of refunds.." She looked a little stressed at that but smiled softly, "Shawn, Mick, could you be kind and help pack up?"
"Absolutely, Miss Vivi." Shawn nodded. Vivi smiled more and walked away, after which Shawn went to Joe and shoved him hard, "Let's go, fuckhead."

The theater they were playing in wasn't very long a walk from the hotel they were at, the cool night air helped settle him some. But not much.

He was still pissed, and spent a few minutes downing cheap whiskey and swearing before he put on some old songs.

After a few "spins on the record", as they say, the door to the room unlocked and Vivi stepped in. "Cash?" She called.

Cash was drunk, listening to old blues tracks with the window open. It was warm in the room, and he had his shirt unbuttoned.

She moved over to the bedroom and frowned softly, "Baby, you ok?" She asked before she noticed the empty whiskey bottle, "Cash..."

"Yeah.." She confirmed, and looking over he could see it on her too. Those pretty brown eyes were heavy and drained, her shoulders drooped and her posture heavy, "Me too, baby...can I lay with you?"

Back
Top Bottom