Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Now or Never (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

"Alright, wonderful! I'll let you know when to come down, I'll send the address soon. Thank you so much, Mr Cash."

Vivi took his hand gently, looking hopeful.
"Oh, no, sir, this is an incredible opportunity for both parties. No regrets will be made, I can assure you." He could hear the genuine smile in James' voice at that.

"Fuck yeah, baby!" Mick cheered, slapping Cash with a high five.
"I wanna go too," Vivi said, "I'm still your manager.."

After relaxing as friends and enjoying their time together, James sent Cash the address to his hotel, which wasn't very far from their own, and said the paperwork would be ready by one.

When they arrived, they told the front desk that James was expecting them and they were given his room number. Vivi stood in front of the door with Cash, almost hesitant to knock.

"Just a second!" James called before the door opened, "Ah! Mr Cash! And Miss Vivi, too!" He shook Cash's hand and then Vivi's, "Come in, come in!" He moved aside and let them inside.

"Of course, no problem." James said and gestured for them to sit at the aide table where a small stack of papers were. Vivi took them and read them over quietly.
"So, basically in the contract it would allow me to have legal control of your performances. Nothing scary or anything, it just means that I can pick and decide the best options for you as a band as well as for your popularity. Which shows would help you gain traction, things like that. It also allows me to add my opinion and input on members. So like..." He paused, "I noticed Joe was removed recently. It isn't really any of my business now as to why he left. But say the new drummer I have for you doesn't work well, or God forbid anything happens with Mr Shawn or Mr McKenzie, I would be able to give advice on what best course of action to take."
"And your pay?" Vivi asked, glancing up from the papers, "What's the split?"
"60/40." James replied smoothly. Vivi's hands stopped.
"You mean we'd be making 40% from everything? I'm sorry, but that's-"
"Oh, no! No, no! I get the 40!" James said quickly.

"Or, if that's no good, we can do 70/30? Honestly, I'm not in it at all for the money. More in it as a fan of the music, wanting to help kick start you on your road to stardom." James said. Vivi tried not to choke. That was a huge split.
"No, uh...60/40 is fine..." She muttered.
"Excellent. I've started making preparations for a tour bus."
"Tour bus?" Vivi repeated before looking to Cash.

Vivi watched him for a moment before looking to James.
"That can wait, though, right?"
"Oh, yeah, absolutely. There's no rush, honest. I'm just letting you know what plans I already have for you." He smiled.

"Of course, Mr Cash. We can take this as fast or as slow as you want. If everything looks good in writing, you both can sign on the dotted line." He said. Vivi kept reading; everything looked great, Cash had main say with James only adding gentle input and guidance.

Back
Top Bottom