Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

New Student at Superhero High (KiraMusani x Frozen Princess)

Ivy rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Sorry, Miss Amber, I'm not meaning to laugh at you. See Barbara has a bad habit of only telling a handful of people, usually the dean and a few others in charge, that she's gonna be testing her latest Bat-gadget. It wouldn't be surprising to see Babs crawling around on the ceiling using one of those. I mean, who else would a GI Joe be in communication with except one of us students? And if the person is leading a Joe, it might even be some brass big shot of the Joes. Common logic."

G'day ladies, we free t' be on our way, yet?" Crystal asked being as courteous as possible.

Lady Jaye sighed as she nodded up to Spidergirl. "We found something in file 13 that may belong to you. No, we're still searching for Deadpool. You didn't mind if the young lady on the ceiling scopes out around the vents, do you?" She nodded again to Spidergirl, before getting permission from those there. Mainly because the intruder was still being hunted.

Ivy was the first to make any kind of comment. "Love your new look, Babs! Very primary. Just missing the yellow for your bat symbol."

Lady Jaye grimaced and facepalmed. Let Spidergirl handle the nativity for a change...

Amber nodded.
"Sorry, still new here and have not really needed to look into batgirl yet. I had no idea she would do something like that. And still learning about the Joes"
She then looked at crystal.
"That's much better, how long have you been here Crystal?"

Spidergirl looked at Ivy.
"uhh, I think you have me confused with someone else" She replied.

Lady Jaye was given permission and spider girl nodded in return before going into the vents.
"Okay, I guess I'll holler if I find anything"

Alina stayed quiet and listened as the others spoke.

Crystal laughed. "Naw, yeh. Babs has a bit of flightiness to her. Always testing some random invention or other. Beginning to think I know where Batman gets some of his wonderful toys! Erm. Old old line from a classic movie before both our times." Crystal then looked puzzled. "Thought I mentioned it? Erm maybe it WAS just Alina I told. Been here since freshman. This is my third year. I usually go home to Oz for my winter, summer break here. My land's a bit topsy-turvy, but I like it. Offered to take some student with me to spend the Aussie winter with me, but, yeh, naw. No takers as of yet. Guess cuz yer stuck with me for about ehhh, fourteen weeks."
----------------------

Lady Jaye handed up a walkie talkie via one of her spears. "Give me an hourly report. Because I have to give Admiral Ledger one. Be careful, and if you need help don't be afraid to ask... Or yell for it."

Ivy just watched everything happening. "So... Mmm... New student?"

Lady Jaye glared. "Up to her. Right now, she is TRYING to help us find Deadpool. Charles will let you know if she wants to stay. Right now, let her do her job!" She lectured Ivy, but acted more like a girl scout leader as she again gently admonished Spidergirl to be careful.

Spidergirl nodded and took the walkie-talkie.
"Sure thing," She said before going into the vents.

Amber looked to Lady Jaye.
"You will be staying here with us then? would you like a beverage or something as we wait?" She offered before returning to Crystal to remark on her question from earlier.
"Oh, I was just curious because of your accent, if you had been here for years often people lose their accents as they adapt to the culture they are surrounded by. And if not the accent then the language. But not always."

Alina smiled at Crystal.
"Oh and you mentioned going home to Oz, and that others can go, can I go?"

Amber looked at Alina as she asked that.
"It's not that simple Alina, at least not right now, or even fourteen weeks from now, maybe."

Alina looked saddened by that.

Crystal rubbed the back of her head. "Sides. Ya would be stuck with me all winter. 'Member. I said it's winter there when it's summer here. Onna flip side of the planet. Different stars in the sky and everything. Yeh, ya'd be okay to come by then, I reckon, but ya gotta mind the faculty, keep yer nose clean, and, hopefully by June, all the threats will be dealt with. Nother thing, luv, I ain't 18 an' won't be til near the time for me t' come back fer me senior year. We'd need a chaperone like yer GI Joe Ma to come 'cross international waters. Ya need a passport, too, can't be without yer student ID card, there or here, or ya might get stranded; lots to do before hand. Not sayin' it ain't happening, just sayin' when Miss Amber is spot on, she's spot on. Bloody oath. Everything falls in place, Alina, you're first onna list, fair dinkum?"

She then asided to Amber, "Yer gonna try an' make that happen fer her if everything else clears, ain't cha? An' pass on t' Cover Girl?"
--------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Lady Jaye nodded. "I'll be sticking along for as long as she's clattering around in the vents, Amber. Some ice water would be nice, thank you."

She then radioed Admiral Ledger and explained the sit-rep. He radioed back an affirmative and said Spirit and Freedom were scouting outside, along with Wolverine. With expert trackers like Charlie Ironknife and Logan, odds were better than good Deadpool was as good as caught. Or rather... Recaught

Amber took a breath.
"If somehow everything else is somehow dealt with by then, then yes I will try and get the other work done. However, it is highly unlikely that it will happen. So don't get your hopes up."

Alina looked down.
"Okay... What is dinkum?" She asked.

Amber then turned to Lady Jaye.
"Right, I'll get you a glass, want a lemon or lime slice with it?" She asked as she went into the kitchen area.

They replied with no luck yet, but with their resources, they were limiting where he could be and find him soon.

Crystal chortled. "Fair dinkum, luv. It comes as a set. Leastwise I ain't never heard just dinkum on it's own.

Most cases, for example if I said that Lady Jaye there is a fair dinkum guard to have around, everyone here would likely agree as all I'm doing is seeking confirmation of the genuineness of the statement.

However it can also be used as a question on it's own. I stated a future fact. If things work out you'll be on the top of the list t' see me home, and asked you if that fact was acceptable, since it would take you to make the future a genuine fact. Basically I put the ball in your court. If you intend to make that future a fact, you would respond with, "aye" or "oath". Basically yes or truth."

Lady Jaye smiled. "Lime. Which I also like in my cola." She shook her head as she looked at Alina. "She's asking you to do your part in something that's going to take those scientists, GI Joe, and possibly the Dean to make happen, however, studying hard and staying out of trouble are the easiest chores. That's all you, personally, have to do to make the future statement a fact. I'd respond to her question of 'is it fact?' with 'truth', if I were you, Alina. So, tell her "Oath."

Alina looked between them, still a little confused but nodded.
"Oath?.. umm okay, uhhh, Oath" She replied with a lack of confidence.

Amber returned and placed the drink in front of Jaye.
"Ice water with lime" She smiled.
"Straw?" She asked offering a straw to her.

Alina paused for a moment before looking at Crystal.
"Umm, did you want a lime water?"

------------------------------------------

Some time later

Jaye would hear back on her walkie-talkie.
"We got nothing, just met up with the other search team, and it seems we have searched the whole building, vents and all, no sign of Deadpool, other than some blood spots that just stop in the vents." Spider girl explained.

Lady Jaye shook her head. "No, I'm not in a restaurant." She said with a smile as she dropped the lime slice fully in the water, before taking a drink.

Crystal laughed. "That's the spirit! Jus' need t' say it with a little more assertion, luv! Gonna make an Aussie outta ya yet!" She teased the last sentence with a flirty wink. She then looked at Alina. "Yeh, naw. I'm good. I put orange in mine anyways. Or squirt just a splash of kiwi juice in it." She looked around at the others. "Kiwis decent enough, as long as it's not a Zealander. Though there's good in somma them Kiwi's too."
---------------------------------------

Lady Jaye sighed as she heard the sit-rep. "Okay. You've done all you can and thank you for trying. Spirit. Wolverine. Stay on alert. Spidergirl, report back here to base. See you in a few. Over and out." With a grimace and eye twitch, Lady Jaye clicked off the walkie talkie. She sighed and finished her water, and then preceded to eat the lime slice, causing both Crystal and Ivy to wince with puckered lips.

Alina nodded.
"Oh, then do you want a Kiwi drink then? I'll go get it!" She declared and ran into the kitchen.

-------------------------------

"Okay, I'll head to you then." She replied before making her way back.

Amber smiled as she sucked on the lime and Alina did not respond though noticed the others did as she set down the glass with a full kiwi in it.
"What's wrong?"

By kitchen, (remember, they're in a classroom) everyone present could see it wasn't much but counters, cabinets, equipment, stoves and refrigerators. It was set up almost like a restaurant style, which prompted Lady Jaye to make the comment.

After making the face at Jaye eating the lime slice, she looked at her glass with the kiwi in it and broke into laughter. "Must say, gotta love yer ingenuity, but afraid ya won't pass yer cookin' class with this!" She clasped Alina's shoulder. "C'mon. Lemme show ya how to set up me favourite beverage." She led Alina back in the kitchen, before setting her (Alina) and a food processor on the table. She whistled Waltzing Matilda as she dumped the contents out of the glass and into the processor. She then added a slice of orange, peel and all, some strawberries, looked in the refrigerator and found a tub of plain yogurt and an egg. Cracking the egg, she threw it in the processor and eggshells into the trash, a few scoops of the yogurt in and hit puree after closing the lid. Taking a taste, she made a face and added some more ice and about two tablespoons of sugar and hit puree again. Satisfied with the second taste, she refilled the glass, leaving half of the mix still in the processor. "That's a smoothie!" Crystal declared, and took a sip, before smacking her lips and sighing in content. She'd help Alina off the counter and returned to the center of the classroom. "Now ya can wow yer teacher and class cuz y'know how to make a decent smoothie. That half can go to that spider-gal if she wants something and likes kiwi/strawberry with a dash of orange." Crystal remarked with a head point the direction of the processor.

Lady Jaye had spoken to Admiral Ledger who reassured everyone they would give the all clear soon.

Unfortunately, Spidergirl would show up next to Lady Jaye, and be offered the smoothie, and even Spirit would check in again that he and Logan were stationed at the guardhouse entrance to the school before that would happen, causing Lady Jaye's eye tic to grow bad enough even Spidergirl might ask about it.

Alina blushed at the response and statement about her cooking class evaluation. Though she moved with her and made a slightly shocked. "Oh!" As she was picked up and placed on the counter to watch her make the drink. She started to kick her legs lightly as she observed what she was doing.

"Oh, a smoothie? does it taste good?" She asked as she took notes on the steps that were needed to make it.

As Spidergirl returned she shook her head at the smoothie.
"Thanks but no, I should really get going" She admitted as she handed the walkie talkie back to lady Jaye.
"Oh, are you okay? Your eye is twitching" She asked.

Lady Jaye nodded, her eye still twitching. "I'll be fine. Just probably need a girlfriend after I got dumped by Flint for a floozy... Shouldn't say that in front of minors, even if they're legal consent. Waiting on the all clear from Admiral Ledger, sweetheart (Oops). You can make tracks back to New York, then... Unless you want to hang out here? You'd still probably have to call your folks. Reminds me. I only gave her initials that she goes by as a stage name. Only someone who really knows her well, would call her what you did. Come. Walk with me. We've got something to discuss." She did put an arm around Spidergirl like they were old friends, as she led her away. (Up to you if it goes anywhere but platonic)

"Welp. Since she refused it, yer welcome to it, Alina." Crystal smiled, taking another sip of her own smoothie. "Hope yer barrier lets ya have it, though can't see why not. Vitamin C and other vital nutrients in all three fruit; calcium and D in the yogurt, and much better for ya than ice cream; protein in the egg; not a whole lotta sugar, just enough to bring the sour down a scoch. So, hopefully yer allowed to drink it."

SpiderGirl nodded.
"Okay, I can walk with you for a bit, as long as I get to go after." She agreed and walked with her.

Alina nodded.
"I'll try" She walked over and poured a glass, then carefully took a sip, in case the drink was not excepted she did not want to make a mess, but luckily, it was.
"mmm! that is yummy!" She declared.

Crystal nodded, raising her own glass, "Fair enough yer barrier letcha, I reckon, as I never met anyone who didn't like kiwi-strawberry. And now ya know how to make it right. Crikey, even the Flashes. Allovem including Velocity like it."

Lady Jaye looked at Spidergirl as they reached outside and one of the many benches meant for only two. "That's fair, and we'll hear the all clear from anywhere on campus." She looked around. "Here, have a seat, no one can hear our conversation here. I would like an explanation, just for my own peace of mind, on why you knew MJ was Mary Jane. Very few people have that luxury, those that work as her roadies, but only if she and her newspaper reporter/photographer husband trust them. I never said her full name until now, because you already told me you do know her by saying her name. Spill. Inquiring minds want to know... Since said inquiring mind already knew, also. How do you know MJ that well?"

Although cordial, Lady Jaye was also persistent when faced with an interesting enigma such as privileged knowledge of a name that shouldn't have been known by Spidergirl.

Alina raised her glass as well.
'"It is really tasty, probably the best drink I have ever had." She smiled taking another sip.
"Do they not like a lot of foods?"

Spider Girl looked around nervously.
"I umm, well, I am just a big fan of her old acting work. But what does that have to do with anything, I don't see the connection heh." She asked.

With a suspicious raised eyebrow, that finally lowered, Lady Jaye sighed. "She wants to be known as just MJ now Spidergirl, and a lot of her newer fans don't know that, so best you keep that under your mask, capisce? From a current roadie, who's also a Joe. There must be a reason she doesn't want that remembered. I was a fan, too, but realized when she started the band, she was wanting to start a new chapter. " She poked Spidergirl's nose spot. "You " she put her hand down. "Have to respect her wishes. I agree it's hard. Fan myself. But try. Okay? Lecture over." She sighed. "When you're not parading around as a hero, you do anything for fun? I guess some also say pleasure.." a shrug.

Crystal shrugged. "Hafta ask the Flashes that one, luv. I know Velocity is pretty picky."

Spidergirl leaned back, a little intimidated by her as she lectured her.
"R-right, sorry force of habit, I umm, know lots of the old stuff, old recordings and stuff, I'll be sure to use the initials." She nodded.

She then seemed confused by the sudden change in demeanor.
"Huh? for fun? I guess, read and now, uhh, this" She said gesturing to her costume.

Alina nodded.
"Okay I'll ask when I see her again, she was the fast one." Alina went to take another sip and it spilled onto her shirt.
"Oh, looks like I am cut off, want the rest?" She asked, about half her drink remaining, it seemed her barrier stopped her from drinking more.

Lady Jaye smirked. "Nerd!" She teased. "Too bad you aren't 18, I could go for that. I like having quiet time to read, myself. Got a favorite book?" Just then the all clear sounded, so Jaye scribbled ten numbers on a piece of paper. "Here. Text me sometime. I could be busy, so I'll reply as I am able. I'll do the same for you. Spidergirl. Let's stay in touch. Friends?" She stuck out her right hand for a shake, while she wore a slight smile.

Crystal nodded. "Yeh, only speedy gal among us. Despite her speed limit, I'd reckon she could fair dinkum beat Supergirl in a footrace."

"Wouldn't bet on it." Ivy laughed.

"Not the farm, but maybe a few Australian pound notes, ya care t'wager on that, Ives?" Crystal then noticed what happened. "Well... That was short lived. We really need ya t' get some sense o' control on that thing, or ya ain't gonna enjoy zack! Bring it here, I'll finish it..." The all clear alarm rang. "Wanna stick around, Alina? I gotta wash that food processor, anyhoo."

Spidergirl nodded and took the number, not fully understanding what was happening but agreed to message her some time.
"Sure, maybe if I need some hero help or something. Oh and for the book thing, if I am not reading up on science or something like that then probably some detective novel." She answered before turning to run off.

Alina looked between the two as they talked about who was faster, between supergirl and Velocity.
"Oh umm Ivy. she said Dinkum, that means it's true." She replied giving Crystal her drink.
"Sure I'll stick around, but what is zack? and why would I not enjoy it?" She asked cleaning the mess from her shirt the best she could.
"Want me to help clean the food processor?" She asked.

Amber smiled, looking at Crystal.
"You girls have fun" She smiled as she got up to leave as well.

Jaye nodded. "Fair. Hero help or just to talk. Maybe about detective novels." She watched Spidergirl leave before rising from the bench to go look for Ledger and return the extra walkie talkie.

(This scene is over)
----------------------------------------------------------------

Crystal looked at Alina. "Well, now slam the brakes on yer emu, luv. I said 'fair dinkum' means I'm looking for confirmation to what I think is fact. She's challenging me, which she's allowed, being's we're in a free country and all. I told her basically to put her money where her mouth is and place a bet on that. I believe Velocity could beat Supergirl if both were using only their feet. A footrace."

As Crystal finished her smoothie, and then Alina's, she had to laugh at Alina's next words. "You wanna wash the pitcher and lid, fine, just watch the blades inside the pitcher, there, you don't damage them accidentally with yer barrier. And I mean your barrier blocks ya from enjoying so much in good for ya foods that ya can't enjoy them. Or about, if yer lucky sixpence. That's a Zack in Australia. Amounts t' 'bout a nickel American. And a nickel, is one-twentieth of a dollar. So... I'm sayin' yer barrier is only allowing 5% of good for ya stuff from yer enjoyment. Ya liked the smoothie, for example, and got only a taste."

After saying her piece, Crystal took a damp rag and wiped down the part of the processor with the electric cord attached to it, and the buttons, and put it back on the shelf, where she'd put the pitcher and lid back when Alina washed them for her.

Alina nodded.
"Oh right, money where her mouth is, does not mean eating money, it means betting." She said as if she was more so telling herself than anything.
"And footrace makes sense, race with feet." She added a bit more confidently.

Alina looked at Crystal a bit confused as she started to explain the 5% barrier allowance, but only clicked in right at the end.
"OH, yeah, 5% if I am lucky, there are so many things it just does not allow at all."

Alina cleaned the rest, not breaking anything as she did so.
"You don't need to worry about me breaking things really, it only happens if that thing is trying to hurt me and if it is capable to damage itself by doing so. Like if I were to turn the blender on, and then put my hand in, it would very likely break, but it won't explode just because I touch it." She explained.
"Like you can punch me without getting hurt as long as you punch me as you would punch the road or something, you need to put enough force behind it that you hurt yourself trying to hurt me, does that make sense?" She added.
"I guess what I am trying to say is, there is no like, offensive component to my abilities."

Crystal raised an eyebrow, looked up for a moment, and then nodded. "In an odd way it does make sense, luv. Guess we both of us are guilty o' confusin' th' other." After she put the pitcher and lid up with the rest of the food processor, she clapped a hand on Alina's shoulder. "Now, lessee if we can meet yer last two teachers. Flash Garrick and Crazy Quilt."

They both exited the building, running right into the two who were both carrying two fish apiece and their fishing poles. All three looking elsewhere and Crystal keeping Alina's attention.

"Gals. Or who evers got their technicolored panties in my face... Kindly remove your technicolored arse off my technicolored chest." Crazy Quilt grunted in a slight British accent that was just barely there.

"Ain't me." Crystal grumbled from under the both of them. "Be a bit hard t' have me arse in yer face when yer on me blinkin' back! Crikey! Someone needs to lose about 40 pounds!"

Jay Garrick just chuckled, offering a hand to Alina and his fishing partner. "Crystal's the third person to remark about your weight Quilt, ol' buddy! Of course, you're actually smushing her with your own backside!"

Alina nodded and followed Crystal, looking at her as they hurried through the halls.

As they turned a corner they bumped into some old guys that were fishing, turns out it was exactly who they were looking for. But all Alina heard was people complaining about panties and colours.

"Huh? what?" She looked at Jay as he offered her a hand up but instead stood up on her own as Quilt took the hand up. However, Alina turned and offered Crystal a hand.
"Are you okay?"

Crystal took the offered hand. "Been better, luv, crikey what a collision."

"I concur." Quilt muttered shaking his head. "Ouch."

Flash Garrick chuckled. "Funny. Two of us didn't feel a thing. Ain't that right, kiddo?" He grinned at Alina. "Now that we've met, let's have proper introductions. Jay Garrick. I was, and still am, the original Flash." He tipped his hat that resembled one Alina would have seen on Hermes' picture on Princess Diana's wall. "I teach Geography." He held a hand out to Alina after she would release Crystal's.

"I'm Crazy Quilt. Tailor extraordinaire. I teach costume design, and for any students that need the basics, Tailoring 101. Basically, an introductory class into the joys of sewing."

Garrick elbowed him with a frown. "Don't go overboard. Bad enough Puzzler, the drama instructor does with Shakespeare." He pointed to Crystal first. "I don't know either of you, but I've seen you around here and there. About as bad as Ms. MacEnroe."

"Too right, Jay. That's one girl who seriously needs to chill. She's probably the biggest talker of you Flashes." Quilt grumbled.

Crystal nodded. "Right. Wanted you, but got the other geography teacher. Crystal Brisbane. Hero name Sheila Lasso."

Crazy Quilt nodded. "Now I remember you. Australian hat like what you're donning now and a simple western style outfit. Tres magnifique. One of my few A+ students that correctly combined practical yet fashionable in their final hero outfit design."

Crystal looked at Alina and smiled. It was time for her to introduce herself.

Back
Top Bottom