Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Parlay's Reward [Nurse_K & Kaziel]

Despite his strong and confident voice that drew respect, she gave him none. She seethed at him, the fire in her face unlike any he'd ever seen from her before. She'd always been sweet and docile, flirtatious and playful, but now she was furious and devastated. She opened her mouth to shoot some mean retort at him when the pastor began to speak. He went through the boring parts of what marriage means, honor your husband, love your wife, obey your husband, protect your wife, blah blah blah...and then the 'I do's'. The first was to Alex.

He knew this was coming and had steeled his emotion from his face. He kept the smile on his face. He also knew that while she would go through with the wedding, it would be like kissing a fish. This was why he had snuck in the night before he left. Why it was so important that he kiss her. She hated him with a fury that made her feelings for her father pale in comparison.

When the pastor spoke to him, he nodded, taking her hand. "I, Alexander Bender, do take Margaret Havisher as my lawfully wedded wife." He said, his voice calm.

Maggie allowed her hand to be cold and limp in his, the worst kind of hand to hold. She stared ahead at the pastor as Alex spoke, learning his real last name. She had dreamt about being "Mrs. Baroaster" and now she was about to become "Mrs. Bender," and she hated it. When the pastor spoke to her, she responded calmly and coldly:

"I, Margaret Havisher, take Alexander Bender as my lawfully wedded husband." but she did not turn to Alex as she was supposed to. He was going to have to move her.

As she didn't turn, he let his smile get a little longer, getting an idea. He stepped toward her, his arm going around her waist, slightly lifting her from the ground and he let her fall backwards until she was bent over backwards and he leaned forward kissing her deeply, despite her potential lack of a response.

She was surprised when he slipped his arm around her waist and lifted her, completely caught off guard. She jumped a little and in an attempt to not fall, threw an arm around his neck just as he kissed her. Those in the pews "awwed" softly, they thought that this was a romantic union between two young people in love. It would have been, if Alex hadn't betrayed her as he had.

Drawing her back to her feet, he whispered to her "If you don't have your stuff, meet at the dock in an hour. If you're ready to go, we can leave immediately. And I'm fully aware that you hate me." He kept his smile on his face, but she could sense that it was somewhat faked right now.

Her father had made sure that she was ready. She had tried to throw all of her things out her window and into the pond beneath, but her father had had Ilsa pack everything before she got a chance. "I'm packed." she said dryly, pulling herself far enough away from him that they did not touch, but still close enough that those in the pews wouldn't notice.

Stepping back, he nodded. "Good, then come, my wife, and we shall go." he said with obvious emphasis on "my wife" and he walked ahead of her toward her changing room. The crew who came with him gathered up her bags and they made their way to the port where the dinghy took them all out to his fleet.

"That is the Furious Wrath." Alex said, pointing out the largest and most grand looking of the eight ships. "It is my flagship and your future home, my wife." He said with a small smile on his face.

She went towards the changing room, but he swerved away from it down to the docks. She blinked at him, but just followed.
"No place I am with you will ever be a 'home' to me. I will only exist there. And don't say 'my wife' like it's a good thing. I can assure you, it's not." she seethed at him, sitting in the small boat with her huge dress stuffed around her. She felt uncomfortable in the boat with all those men...and then she realized that she would be the only female on the ship.

He saw the moment of panic in her eyes as she realized where she would be living... men everywhere. "Fear not, my wife..." he repeated the term just the same, "...if a man so much as lays a finger on you without your consent, he'll be flayed alive, you can be damn well sure of it." While she knew it wasn't Alex Baroaster, his strong manner of speaking still was a little shocking to her.

The small boat reached the side of the Furious Wrath, hooks coming down and it was reeled up to deck level. Hopping out of the boat, he reached up, offering to help her down onto the ship.

"Does that include you?" she hissed at him, her eyes narrowing. She wondered if she could hold him to his word, because technically he just said he wouldn't lay a finger on her without her consent, which she certainly was not going to give him. She folded her arms across the chest and stayed in the small boat, raising her eyebrows at him. She didn't intend to get onto that ship unless he forced her, and then he would be going against his word.

As she stood there, not moving, he let out a soft laugh. "I know what you're thinking. I didn't specify myself as exempt from what I said. You're gonna be a handful, darlin', but you know damned well what I meant." He took a step closer, barely an inch away. "Don't test me, woman. I am not the man you thought I was, and I can and will do whatever I need to do. You can come on your own or I will take you." The look in his eyes was as cold as stone.

"Then make me," she growled, her arms crossed tighter across her chest. This was going to be the first test of their marriage. Was he going to start out by dragging her out of the boat? By her hair? Was he going to drag her across the floor of the ship and rip her dress? She stared back at him just as coldly, daring him to enforce his will on her.

"Hmph." Alex grunted, as he reached out and grabbed both of her arms roughly, easily lifting her small frame up and put her down on his boat. His grip had been rough, and she could feel where his hands had been even after he released her. He stepped aboard again, and looked around, then waved Noah over, who hurried over.

"Noah, new orders." he said, momentarily, he turned and pointed at Charlestown. "That stupid Governor had a grand wedding and I know I was recognized. This cannot be let to happen. Raze the town and the fort to the ground. Order all ships to take whatever they want, then leave nothing and no one alive." He said this without a hint of remorse in his voice.

Maggie pushed him away from her the second he put her on the floor of the ship. She rubbed her arms, trying to brush the feeling of his rough hands off of her soft arms. She glared up at him and was about to say something when he called Noah over. Her eyes widened as he spoked to his first mate. Her mouth dropped open for a moment and then she clenched her teeth, "What!?" she stuttered a little, "Wh-what?! You're going to .... what?! My father did what you wanted him to do and now you're going to...burn the city?!"

Turning back to Maggie, Alex's arm lashed out, backhanding her across the cheek. "You forget your place and you need to learn to watch your tone." His eyes were tight with anger. "Your father brought this upon himself. He did not do as I asked because he didn't check with me to see what I wanted. At no point did he send anyone to find out if I had any issues with the wedding as he planned it." He ground his teeth as he said this. "As of right now there are dozens of people there who know what I look like, and many of them are royalty who will report my appearance. This cannot be and I will take any step necessary to ensure that it doesn't come to be. I told you this before and I will say it one more time. I am not the man you knew."

Her neck twisted harshly as he backhanded her. She'd never been hit in her entire life. Her face stayed turned for a few moments as a bright red mark formed on her face. She turned her face slowly to look at him, tears welled up in her eyes from pain and shame. She took a slow deep breath, trying to hold back the angry words she wanted to sling at him. "Then you are not the man I fell in love with," she said slowly and bitterly, hoping her words would hurt him.

"You're right, I'm not. I'm glad you finally understand that." There was no hint of any sort of pain or displeasure as she said this. Glancing over at Noah, he nodded to him. "You will lead the assault to destroy Charlestown. Any questions?" to which Noah merely shook his head and turned to his duty.

He reached out and grabbed her arm and began dragging her toward his cabin. "We, my dear, have other things that must be taken care of."

It hurt her soul and her heart badly that he didn't show any emotion when she said that she had loved what she thought was him, but didn't love the true him. She choked back tears, biting into her lip as she tried to pull away from him, to tear her arm free, but he was too strong for her. "Let me go!" she shouted, trying to kick at him, but her dress got in the way. She let a sob go free, hoping to shame him into letting her free, though she already knew that wouldn't happen. "What do we have to take care of?" she asked, fear evident in her voice...she was sure she knew what he meant.

As the crew members around them began to get rowdy over the prospect of looting and pillaging, some even enjoying the potential of killing people, but Alex pulled her into his cabin, slamming the door shut behind him, the lock clicking shut quite audibly.

He turned to her. "As my wife, you have a duty above all others... you need to bear me an heir." he said to her as he let his eyes rove over her. He took a step closer to her, his hands low but reaching toward her.

She jumped nervously when he slammed the door and locked it, she was beginning to get really scared. Her eyes grew wide when he spoke his words. She sputtered, "Wh-what? You want to impregnate me!?" she asked, her voice rising at the end of her question. Her heart began to pound and she stumbled backward, drawing the huge gown up around her. She swallowed, "You're going to rape me."

"You are my wife, and you must." He took another step toward her, this one a little to the right as he continued to approach her, manuevering her as she backed up so she would fall onto the bed. "You are mine and I have every plan to take what is mine. By force if necessary. And you would be good to remember that, Maggie."

"You're disgusting," she hissed at him as she continued to walk backward, not realizing that she was going to trip into the bed until it was too late. She fell back onto it, pulling her legs up to half-sit on the bed. She pulled the wedding gown up and around her, hiding her legs within it. "You've just sent your men to destroy my island, kill my friends, and murder my father. And now you expect me to give myself to you?!"

Crawling onto the bed after her, he grinned wickedly as he looked her over again. "I said it before and I'll say it again... You can give yourself, or I can take it. It matters not to me." He continued to advance as she retreated, until her back was against the bedframe.

Reaching out, he grabbed a handful of her dress and tore it down, a long ribbon of the skirt was torn off and he grabbed her arm and tied her to the frame she was against. He quickly repeated the action with her other arm, and she found herself bound, her arms wide, unable to run.

Maggie screeched as he ripped her beautiful wedding dress. She may have despised marrying him, but her dress had been incredibly expensive and was hand woven. She tried to fling herself off the bed, but he grabbed her arm and tied it too quickly. She pulled against her bounds as hard as she could, but she was stuck. She whimpered, pulling her legs up closer to her, trying to get them under what was left of the dress.

"Why are you being so mean to me?" she asked softly, innocently, and pathetically. She was still having a hard time believing that this was the same man she'd been so in love with a few days ago.

Back
Top Bottom