Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Naked City OoC.

MsBloom

Moonchild
So this is where we will coordinate, organise and discuss plot and character ideas for The Naked City Chronicles.

These are the stories currently running:

Last edited:
In the end it is all good.

Now as they all enter into the basement it should be fun to see what our narrator has in store for them I would however suggest that he does coordinate a little regarding his intentions with each post to avoid similar narrative misunderstandings in the future. @Colonel_Liam I am not saying you have to divulge your plans in any detail. I am sure we all value the element of surprise and reacting to your narrative as it unfolds but minor things, like if a specific detail in your post is aimed at all or just one of the characters. It should be fun to see what you're going to do with 97 brutally murdered young women trapped in the basement where they were buried and have haunted for more than a century.

@Colonel_Liam Nice description of the interiour of the house, at least the basic layout, however, you seem to have missed that they were coming in underground, supposedly into a basement that would have been used for storage and also as a grave for 97 young women brutally murdered at the house a century earlier.

So ... Lea presented me with an idea in pm about her character having, in a previous life, been one of the 97 women murdered and buried in that basement I think this is a great idea to get the horrors started and perhaps also a flashback sex scene with Lea?

@SurreptitiousApple is there anything similar you would like to include for your character. I have already discussed an idea that involves drowning for Jamie with Liam.

@Colonel_Liam I was going to play her as not remembering anything about her previous life until she begins to unlock those memories as she sees the mansion. Of course it could also be a trick by the house itself. So feel free to plant ideas into her head.

@Colonel_Liam A very nice post indeed.

I am assuming that the master mentioned is Jasper Gordon the man responsible for the death of all the women found buried in that basement. And now I am also thinking that perhaps not all his victims were actually found and that it is the as yet undiscovered victim the house use to haunt Dr Thompson, just a thought, @LeaT.

I also suggest that for the duration of the haunting of Dr Thompson myself and @SurreptitiousApple play the roles our characters has been appointed by the house, perhaps while simultaneously playing our actual characters.

I'm on board with that suggestion, if Liam is open to letting me take over for Clause. Didn't know if you were interested yourself since you kind of kicked things off already.

@SurreptitiousApple is there anything similar you would like to include for your character. I have already discussed an idea that involves drowning for Jamie with Liam.
I don't see him having a historical connection to the house like Lea's character does, but feel free to get creative with his fears. One idea may be to force him to cave crawl while surrounded by scattered teeth. Perhaps the teeth belonged to the murdered women and were discarded down a hole in the earth or in a well. And we can come up with some twisted reason why the murderer might dislike (or like) their teeth so much they had to remove some or all of them.

I'd also be open to some sort of body-possession, which isn't quite paralysis but still involves losing complete control while being entirely aware of it. Might be a good way to force some of the characters into danger.

I am watching this thread so I was expecting to get notifications, so don't know how I missed this message and several others from earlier. Sorry about that!

I can change things up a bit if you want to control your characters "counterparts" but we can also just have Lea go through her waking nightmare while the others go deeper. Let me know what people prefer and I'll write for it.

Did you have an idea in mind for how long and how frequently her waking nightmares would last? If it's long and/or frequent, it may be more fun for us to participate as well, albeit it may be more work on you to make it clear the direction you want our dream characters to go in. This would be my preference, but it's not a particularly strong preference so I'm happy to go either way.

We could potentially have Lea react to things happening in her dream in her awake self: Sleepwalking kind of behavior, or talking in one's sleep. So if we don't end up playing her dream characters, we still have an opportunity to "interact" with it, so to speak.

I was less concerned with length, and more thinking about whether I wanted to give the Master actual accomplices, but I guess that could be fun. The housekeeper and butler might be acolytes to the master, rather than just turning a blind eye to his debauchery.

I am pretty flexible as well but like to keep everyone involved. I have improvised my thoughts on it, I hope it gives you all something to work with in making a response. It seems like a promising diversion and something for them to discuss when back to themselves.

The housekeeper and butler might be acolytes to the master, rather than just turning a blind eye to his debauchery.

Just one small thing, a humble request if I may ... Since Jamie is a hermaphrodite would it be possible to assign her a male role in this first haunting of Dr Thomas? Maybe some sort of handyman, possibly stable master. I do have a few ideas for how to play her as a housekeeper in the context as well but given how I described Jasper Gordon in the setting of The Old Mansion as a devout misogynist I feel it would not make sense for him to have a female accomplice.

I think I'll play Jamie counterpart in the haunting sequence as Mr Gordon's driver. I mean they had such even back in the days of horse drawn carriages although perhaps Mr Gordon actually had an early automobile.

Also. (Again just a suggestion). Could Leanna Thomas (as I named the poor maid) be Jasper Gordon's first kill.

I am also improvising my response here and have written a bit on how he punished the young women in his employ for any transgression, whether real or not, harshly, whippings for instance, but perhaps also confining them to a hidden room (that we might circle back to later) behind his bedroom where he basically kept them as sex slaves. He might even have allowed his butler and driver to have their ways with the victims as a way to ensure their loyalty and silence as to what went on at the mansion.

Another thing I've been thinking of is Jasper Gordon's favoured method of murder. I am partial to some form of garroting or possibly hanging.

Yup I am currently bustling with ideas and possibly rambling a bit.

I think I am going to play Lea/Leanna as having some connected consciousness as Lea is an incarnation of Leanna. So basically much of what she is saying/feeling/doing will be connected even if she doesn't fully grasp it yet. I don't expect that would be true of Jasper/Jamie and Clause/Spencer but I don't want to assume.

Also. (Again just a suggestion). Could Leanna Thomas (as I named the poor maid) be Jasper Gordon's first kill.
Certainly fine with me.

Another thing I've been thinking of is Jasper Gordon's favoured method of murder. I am partial to some form of garroting or possibly hanging.
Ideally mixed with an orgasmic climax on a not necessarily willing victim!

I will be largely relying upon @MsBloom and @Colonel_Liam for cues so feel free to add detail and ideas IC and OOC.

Im sorry that took so long. It has been a really trying few weeks. I hope to be more active going forward.

Shaving was simply he first thing I could think of that a misogynist bachelor from the turn of the 19th-20th century would mean by making the whore agreeable.

@MsBloom Works for me. My read of your last post was that you were hoping Mr. Gordon (the Master) would have a chance to react to James's work, which I take to mean @Colonel_Liam should jump in briefly since I'm only playing Clause. Should I wait for that? Or should I go ahead and write what Clause might be doing while Leanna's getting shaved in addition to getting the bowl of water?

Back
Top Bottom