Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Naked City OoC.

MsBloom

Moonchild
So this is where we will coordinate, organise and discuss plot and character ideas for The Naked City Chronicles.

These are the stories currently running:

Last edited:
@Colonel_Liam Care to give a brief synopsis of your idea other than a group of college students being dared to spend a night in The Haunted Mansion as part of an initiation rite? Just ball park idea and what themes you want to explore.

The general idea was that the house is actually possessed by a malign intelligence (me). Various characters are drawn to the artwork or antiques within the building and then subjected to the creatures or themes present in the artwork.

So player character approached a painting and describes what they see, it may even look different to different people in the group. Then OOC we have discussion of just what sort of creatures, curses, or conundrums the character has to confront.

I like the idea that different people see different things in the paintings. It suggests that what they see is their worst nightmares. Like for instance due to an incident in her childhood Jamie is terrified of drowning and all things related to bodies of water. To her a painting like this or this would be absolutely terrifying and from that we draw up a nightmare for her to survive of succumb to.

What I like even more is the initiative to make the world of The Naked City a truly collaborative effort when it comes to narration and such. I m more than happy to just play my character and maybe add some additional narrative to give background and general surroundings to tie the stories together as they unfold.

Do either of you have any character ideas you would like to play against? I usually focus on male characters but have been dipping my toe into playing female characters as well.

@Colonel_Liam Ball park, how close are you to writing up a starter for us?
I was thinking I'll create a main IC thread and just put the names of the players and their characters in the first post and leave the real opener to you.

Sorry for the delay, guys! I’ve been pretty busy, but I’m still onboard. The premise is fantastic. I tend to stick with playing female characters but could easily go the opposite is need be. I’ve already began to play around with a couple different character options.

I'm thinking of playing Jamie and one friend of hers who is a freshman in college and who invited Jamie along for the dare, probably female but could also be male.

If you would both put up at least the basics for characters you intend to play we can then get the show on the road.

@Colonel_Liam I'm not exactly sure if you intend to have a character to carry the narrative but I think you should put up something even if it ends up being little more than Malevolent Entity.

I’ll bring in a male character as a toll, potential future character and to fill out the group.

I have a cop character, perhaps he can receive a call to investigate a break-in to the Mansion?

He knows about the abandoned house, so he presumes some junkie would enter and do drugs, but annoyed at how anyone would call the police for that.

@mappy are you about ready to join the other four explorers in The Haunted Mansion? It can either be that she actually joins the explorers as they enter the mansion or perhaps she has broken into it on her own to do a bit of burglary.

Hanging out in the garden first, then trying to figure out security and possible police presence. If safe or sentries taken out, she will proceed inside with caution.

Is everyone busy with Thanksgiving stuff, are we continuing? What direction are we going?

The cop will probably call for backup and search around the garden, you can do what you want with the backup.

Back
Top Bottom