Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Naked City OoC.

MsBloom

Moonchild
So this is where we will coordinate, organise and discuss plot and character ideas for The Naked City Chronicles.

These are the stories currently running:

Last edited:
but does the house have one?

This question might best be answered by @Colonel_Liam who will effectively be playing the house and its grounds.

What about a "conclusion" to our story?

I'd like to leave this fairly open but of course certain questions should of course be answered. Perhaps the mystery of the malevolent entity that live in the paintings. Perhaps this entity is older than Christopher Barkley whom it at one point possessed. Christopher Barkley is simply the form it has taken. This entity would, in such a case, of course also be responsible for all the other horrors that has haunted the mansion since it was built, and in the larger context of The Naked City setting this could be related to the ancient native tribe that were the first settler on the island where The Naked City now stands.

Some say the island on which it is built was first settled in ancient times by a tribe of native people drawn to the location due to its magical and mystical properties. No one knows why they disappeared without a trace some centuries later but when they disappeared of the face of the Earth they left nothing behind but an abandoned stone temple.

This could eventually as the story progress with new chapters serve to link the different stories together.

For instance Chapter 2 could be about the cathedral or the subway tunnels that open up into a network of caves and tunnels beneath the city. (Just a very vague idea at this point.)

So for my chapter I will need people's character sheet. Backgrounds, fears, dreams etc. It may also be useful to include kinks favored by the character, but also kinks favored by the player but no neccessarily the character.

Great. Once we have the characters up the next question is whether to bump the RT and see if we can add another player or two or if we should just start with the characters we have. At the moment I have two characters in the character thread. I will be playing Jamie as she will be one of the main characters of the Naked City world. I may perhaps also play the other one. I haven't quite decided yet.

Also, @Colonel_Liam do you want to just narrate or, like last time, have a character in the mix as well.

I'll wait to see what the group looks like first.

I was thinking the same before I decide whether to include Gilly or not.

Once we have the characters up I will place a list of characters that are active in Chapter 1 at the top of the character thread.

Also, I am unsure if I mentioned this before but the role I see for Jamie in Chapter 1 is as a hired guide to the group, probably though her reputation as a Stalker, or maybe either one in the group know Gilly who recommended Jamie to guide them.

Now that we have character sheets up for all currently involved players does anyone have a suggestion for a title of Chapter 1?

I will try to get a starter back up this evening while we wait for the newcomer to post a character.

@Colonel_Liam A most lovely opening. The idea that the house sleeps and may perhaps be mostly safe for long periods of time only to wake up when it is time to feed is not only quite Lovecraftian but also gives Jamie a motivation of her own to enter the house. I did mention in the description of the house that it had occasionally been home to many of the kids that live on the streets, and that would mean that Jamie, having lived on the streets herself, would have friends there, friends that have gone missing.

Is everyone ready to get this off the ground now. @LeaT @SurreptitiousApple @InsaynePayne .

Last edited:
I'm ready to go. I'm thankful not to be first because I'm hoping to take stylistic and structural cues from writers before me.

I am ready, looking forward to it. I'll be traveling this weekend and unable to respond.

Back
Top Bottom