Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

College Roommates (commanderShepard, leia25, Leahrose1111)

Brian showered the chlorine out of his tangled hair, changed into a pair of acid washed jeans, a grey t-shirt, and a SUNY hoodie, and then headed to meet Vanessa. When they didn't have a class first thing, they often got breakfast together after his swim practice. He needed to eat, and they both wanted to see each other before splitting ways for a long day of class.

As he approached their usual spot, he saw her standing at the counter, chatting up Sam. The million-dollar smile she was flashing him would normally make Brian jealous, but after what had just happened at practice, he didn't experience the usual surge of sickly emotion. Besides, Sam couldn't see the fantastic view of Vanessa's ass with those heels.

Brian came up behind Vanessa and put his arms around her. Leaning into her ear, he whispered, "I'm here for your magic bean." They, and the rest of the entire school, frequently made jokes about the name of the shop, but it was always in good fun. It was a popular cafe.

Sam was mutually attracted to Vanessa, and it was always a good morning when she beat Brian to the shop. He always hoped she would say he wasn't coming in. But alas, today was no different. His smile disappeared when Brian appeared over her shoulder. He hated how oversexualized he was with her. She should be treated with romance and respect, not a horny frat boy attitude with wandering eyes. He turned his back for a second before his stern face showed his thoughts. He finished Vanessa's drink, a beautifully done latte with a feather design in the foam. He served it to her with his classic soft smile.

"Sam, that's beautiful! Thank you!" He nodded to her silently with a smile. He looked up at Brian with a flat, stern, straight face. "Same as usual,Boss?"

Sam was a nice enough guy, but Brian was no less fond of him than he was of Brian. He noticed the way Sam looked at Vanessa, and she didn't exactly dissuade him. "Please, Sam. Thanks."

Sam busied himself making Brian's coffee. Students filtered in and out, some grabbing sandwiches and bottled drinks. Others were standing around making bleary-eyed small talk while baristas prepared their morning jolts.

Beth showered quickly and got dressed in some skinny jeans, a white shirt and an oversized SUNY sweatshirt. She styled her hair into a long braid down her back and took a few minutes to apply some minimal makeup. Just a bit of concealer, mascara and lip gloss. She grabbed her things and left the gym. She had an early morning class but if she was quick, she could grab some coffee on her way.

She walked into the Magic Bean and joined the line at the counter. She held her books under one arm as she rummaged in her bag for her wallet. As her fingers brushed the smooth leather, she lost her balance slightly and her books tumbled down to the floor.

"Shit," she muttered, bending down to pick them up.

Hearing the clamor of things falling to the floor, Brian turned around to look what had happened. He didn't realize he would end up looking at a round ass in the air, nor did he recognize who it belonged to.

Vanessa also noticed the clamor....and the ass. She went to the unknown person, offering to help her pick up her things.

Beth was grateful for the help until she looked up at the stranger. "Oh," she muttered. "Thanks."

Vanessa startled, not realizing it was Beth when she reached to help. "You...you're welcome." Just about that time,Sam finished Brian's coffee and slid it across the counter to him.

Seeing that the person who dropped their belongings was Beth, and realizing that it wasn't very gentlemanly of him to let his girlfriend help her alone, Brian hurried over. He crouched down beside the two of them, picking up Beth's biology textbook and holding it out to her. He didn't notice Sam had finished making his coffee.

Brian interfering pissed Sam off, not to mention he'd probably bitch about his coffee being cold. Kurtly, Sam snapped at him. "Boss. Coffee." Vanessa's eyes met Beth's, and a wave of nervous excitement rippled through her.

Beth collected all of her books, flashing a reluctant smile to Vanessa and then Brian. She straightened up and adjusted her books into a more secure position. "Thanks," she mumbled. "Your coffee."

"Oh, Queen," Brian said, feigning that this was the first time he noticed who it was. As she took her books, he straightened up and smirked. "Guess your arms must be tired from that workout I gave you at swim practice."

Vanessa's burning gaze could have split an ice block in two. "You two were working out together? What the fuck? Since when? You have ALWAYS told me the teams practiced separately." She knew Brian all too well, and was fuming at the fact that he had spent practice with other women. Half naked women. In skin tight body suits. That probably looked better than her.

Beth glanced between Brian and Vanessa for a moment. She gave a charming smile and nodded. "Oh yes, he kept a very close eye on our form the entire time. Isn't that right?"

Shit. Leave it to Vanessa to take his comment out of practice, and then Beth to call him out and make things worse. This situation was spiraling out of control quickly. "It's a new thing, babe," he said to Vanessa, ignoring Beth. "Remember I said yesterday that the teams had to practice together unexpectedly? Well, apparently that's going to be a regular thing for the foreseeable future."

"Monitoring form my ass! I know his 'close eyes' and believe me. Your backstroke was the least of his concerns." She (verbally) spat at Beth. Her searing glare turned to Brian. "You and Kelsi better get this shit figured out. Otherwise, I will be the one with the close eyes at every practice until you separate."

Behind Brian, Sam was watching the entire scene, hand over mouth, snickering. This was just what Brian deserved.

Last edited:
"Hey, lay off!" Brian said, raising his voice too. "It's not like I have any control over the situation. I'm the captain, not the coach, I don't make those kinds of calls. Besides, no one is monitoring you when you give bedroom eyes to Sam!" He pointed behind him at the barista.

"Hey asshole, she's allowed to smile at people," Sam shot back. "And I just work here. I think you better take your coffee and go, you're causing a scene."

Fuming, Brian whirled around and faced him. But Sam was calm and collected with just a hint of smugness, and folded his arms across his broad chest, waiting. Brian thought better of it and clenched his jaw. Dropping some bills on the counter, he picked up his coffee and whirled back around.

Vanessa had just lifted her mug to her lips when his backpack caught her elbow. It sent a huge slosh of steaming coffee and foam over her lips, chin, and down her favorite sweater. The coffee was so hot that she dropped the mug as it splashed her. It hit the floor and shattered into thousands of pieces. She was so stunned and mad that she couldn't speak. She just stood there shocked, pissed off, and embarrassed.

Beth's eyes widened as she watched the piping hot coffee spill down the front of Vanessa, staining her sweater. Beth felt something hot on her feet and looked down to see the bottoms of her jeans and sneakers stained with the hot drink. She took several steps backwards but it was obviously too late. Thanks to her jeans and sneakers, the coffee didn't scald her legs or feet. It was just uncomfortably warm.

"Shit," she muttered.

"Dammit," Brian cursed, reeling backwards. But it was too late, the damage was done. "I'm sorry babe," he said, turning to grab a handful of napkins. "That was my fault."

"Do. Not." Her voice was sharp and low. She snatched the napkins from Brian's hands. She peeled her wet sweater from her skin, and started squeezing the coffee from it. It had soaked clear through the sweater, bra, and down to her skin. She wiped her face, and did as much as she could to dry herself off.

Sam brought out a couple of bar towels to help. Vanessa handed one to Beth. "I'm so sorry."

Beth's gaze was drawn to Vanessa's chest, remembering how it had felt pressed against her as they made out at the party. Now, though, Beth could actually see Vanessa's breasts. Her shirt was completely transparent and Beth could see the clear outline of the lacy bra cups.

Her gaze was drawn away when she heard Vanessa's voice and she looked up to meet her gaze, taking one of the towels. "It's...it's fine. Really." She paused for a moment. "do you want to maybe clean up in the bathroom? I've got a spare hoodie you can borrow?"

Vanessa nodded to her. "Sam, I'm sorry about the mess." She grabbed her shoulder bag from the table and followed Beth to the bathroom.

As soon as the bathroom door shut, Beth let out a long breath and set her bag and her books on the counter. "It's not perfect. It's an old one I use in the gym but I reckon it'll fit." She focused on pulling a crumpled New York Knicks hoodie from her bag to avoid looking at Vanessa's chest.

Back
Top Bottom