Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Orient Express OOC Thread

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Main Thread
Orient Express Character Profiles

Map of Europe 1936
1936 Wikipedia
What Happened in 1936
A History of the Orient Express

Schedule (for our purposes)

ArrivalApproximate Travel TimeArrival Time
Strasbourg, France​
4:3600:06 Thursday
Karlsruhe, Germany​
2:1803:54 Thursday
Stuttgart, Germany​
2:1806:12 Thursday
Munich, Germany​
4:3610:18 Thursday
Vienna, Austria​
11:3022:15 Thursday
Budapest, Hungary7:105:25 Friday
Belgrade, Yugoslavia13:0718:32 Friday
Constantinople, Turkey (Istanbul)24:0818:40 Saturday

Last edited:
So. I am still behind, I know, but I am working on it. Yesterday I was actually feeling quite up for some creative writing but alas I was in the wilderness with only my phone and quite dodgy WiFi. That's what you get for agreeing to actually spend Christmas Eve (the day of the main celebration here in Sweden), with your girlfriend's family in their cottage in the country. At least it was nice to wake up to endless fields of untouched snow. I can't remember the last time that happened here.
Anyhow, I just got back home. We left early this morning because said girlfriend had to work today. I will try to catch up.

@MsBloom Good to hear that you had a quiet and snowy Christmas Eve with your girlfriend and family! Those kinds of quiet days are nice to have.

Don't worry about being behind; we're all busy right now and juggling family, fun, and work duties. Hope you are feeling much better than last month!

Happy New Year folks!

happy-new-year2019-happy-nee-year.gif

Happy new years people.
And a good start to 2022 it was indeed. So good in fact I only just got back home this morning, January 2. Details of the last 40 odd hours of my life are not for the faint of heart but perhaps a single word could help you imaginations along. Bacchanalia.

@Traveler I must admit that I am unsure of what to do with your latest post directed at Hedwig. Shall I just wait and expect Leo to change his mind about staying clear of her?

Also on another note. I know Jane has been absent for a while now but I am finding her at an impass at the moment, so for now she is simply mulling things over. I might narrate that at some point and try to summarise what she actually knows thus far at which point I might also backtrack a bit regarding her actions since leaving the interview with the Gestapo.

@MsBloom Leo has no reason to be drawn to the young blond German woman. He noticed her, but he's not eager to press himself into anyone's company, so she might have to figure out another tactic. He's finishing up his dinner and will probably smoke a cigarette, have another drink, and then retire to his quarters. I'll leave it up to the clever spy-to-be to figure out how to put them into a compromising position. ;)

I like the idea for Jane - It sounds like anyone could notice the spectacled woman in the car too. I feel badly for the very little that Leo is aware of; he's such a bumbling naive man when it comes to the idea that anyone might be an actual spy on the train! Heck, he might even begin to suspect that the murdered woman was a prostitute whose client didn't want to pay, completely unsuspecting that some of his acquaintances on the train are moving sensitive documents across the lands!

I'm going to move Leo to finish his meal and then go to his room. I'll have his actions stop outside his door.

Hope everyone is doing well. I found that this month has been more hectic than usual for me. I think I'm still stunned that it's 2022. It's like the last three years were a blur, and I'm finally seeing things through a clean lens.

Hey guys, it pains me to do this, but I'm going to be taking a hiatus from the site for a while (not gonna go into details here, but will put an explanation in my journal if y'all are interested). I'm hoping to come back maybe in March or April when things have settled down for me a bit, but there's definitely no guarantee on that timeline so I don't want to make anyone wait around for me in the meantime.

I'll let @xavierrol take the reins as far as how my characters are managed while I'm away. In the meantime, y'all have been FABULOUS and this story has been a really great highlight during a very challenging time for me. Keep on keepin' on and I'll catch up as soon as I can!

Hey, sorry to see you go but I know sometimes we gotta take a breather for ourselves. Take care of yourself, and drop us a line once in a while! I'm rooting for you and wishing you all the best.

Amen there!! We'll root for your return, Shiva, but take care of yourself first, my friend.

I'm open to the groups thoughts on if and how to continue. Part of me feels like putting this in a box and hoping we can open it again in March. There is no pressure and no rush on our friend as she gets things sorted, but it is hard to really feel into this story without Estella.

I do think we could slow walk some scenes to keep us in the game using the remaining cast. Essentially playing out the hour or three that Estella would be singing to the count's accompaniment. I think there are enough supporting players outside of that scene that we could keep things going.

Please let me know how you feel and we can plan accordingly once we have something of a consensus. This has been one of the most talented writing groups I've participated in and from my perspective well worth the wait.

Several things:

1. I am fine slow walking scenes. Or we can even focus on other denizens of the train to enact a little 'whodunnit' to the sides.

2. Likewise, I am fine waiting for Shiva. Estella is one of the cruxes of the story for me and Shiva's writing of her is vital for the character for me. we can say Aleks and Estella are occupied .

Obviously, first priority is Shiva's own life and wellbeing.

Well, I think we can work around the singing as you suggested, maybe take the story to a good place to wait on Estella. I don't mind getting Leo thrown into the slammer if that puts it in a good place to pause.

Heh, heh...Aleks and Estella being 'occupied' is definitely in character.

I also don't mind waiting. Shiva has always been one to come back and her writing adds essential ambiance to the story.

This has been and continues to be one of the best groups I've written with. Certainly the best in the last 11 years. I'd definitely consider doing another group with any of the writers in this group again.

Hey guys, it pains me to do this, but I'm going to be taking a hiatus from the site for a while (not gonna go into details here, but will put an explanation in my journal if y'all are interested). I'm hoping to come back maybe in March or April when things have settled down for me a bit, but there's definitely no guarantee on that timeline so I don't want to make anyone wait around for me in the meantime.

I'll let @xavierrol take the reins as far as how my characters are managed while I'm away. In the meantime, y'all have been FABULOUS and this story has been a really great highlight during a very challenging time for me. Keep on keepin' on and I'll catch up as soon as I can!

Hope you hiatus won't be too lengthy. We will miss you.

1. I am fine slow walking scenes. Or we can even focus on other denizens of the train to enact a little 'whodunnit' to the sides.

2. Likewise, I am fine waiting for Shiva. Estella is one of the cruxes of the story for me and Shiva's writing of her is vital for the character for me. we can say Aleks and Estella are occupied .

Obviously, first priority is Shiva's own life and wellbeing.

I entirely agree.

Dang it, if only Leo was a bad guy; he'd have his way with the drugged blond and they'd wake up tangled up in each other's arms.

Back
Top Bottom