Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Orient Express OOC Thread

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Main Thread
Orient Express Character Profiles

Map of Europe 1936
1936 Wikipedia
What Happened in 1936
A History of the Orient Express

Schedule (for our purposes)

ArrivalApproximate Travel TimeArrival Time
Strasbourg, France​
4:3600:06 Thursday
Karlsruhe, Germany​
2:1803:54 Thursday
Stuttgart, Germany​
2:1806:12 Thursday
Munich, Germany​
4:3610:18 Thursday
Vienna, Austria​
11:3022:15 Thursday
Budapest, Hungary7:105:25 Friday
Belgrade, Yugoslavia13:0718:32 Friday
Constantinople, Turkey (Istanbul)24:0818:40 Saturday

Last edited:
I think Jane would focus on reviving the girl and perhaps in doing so closing the door behind her and Leo making it less obvious from where the scream had come.

I was thinking of writing this line into my post. Let me know if you think it's okay.

As Jane brushed by him and entered his room, he slid the cabin door shut behind her and turned to follow.

@MsBloom Excellent! I went ahead and posted it, thinking that I could edit if you wanted to do something different. In the main "Stuttgart" thread I posted a link to Leo's Sleeping Chambers, to use the threads as @xavierrol had wanted them set up. I should have remembered to do that earlier.

Hopefully @Vinaein can find a way to bring his characters into play, though perhaps we can wrap up the night and leave the RP to hibernate until @Shiva the Cat is able to return. I suppose it depends on how our GM wants to negotiate the story. :)

I'm going to give @MsBloom some time to reply before I post again.

@xavierrol - what do you think you want to do with the RP? Should we get to a certain point and stop, or do you want to focus on one area and let @Shiva the Cat 's character be in stasis for a while?

What do you think, @Vinaein ?

@xavierrol - what do you think you want to do with the RP? Should we get to a certain point and stop, or do you want to focus on one area and let @Shiva the Cat 's character be in stasis for a while?
For now I would say let's let this scene play out and see where it takes us. I'd be happy to give Shiva through the weekend to see if she is around and wants to give us an update.

I'm not opposed to looking for a new female writer to balance things out if Shiva isn't likely to return, but I think it will be tough. I know @MsBloom is talented enough to carry us through Germany if she doesn't mind.

I know @MsBloom is talented enough to carry us through Germany if she doesn't mind.

I might just be able to do that but I am wondering where we are with all the stories, like the murdered courier (and the spectacled woman), Estella's secret briefcase and the disappearance of Walsh, for instance.

Brilliant response to the unconscious girl scene @MsBloom you just MIGHT get away with it.

As for the other stories, let's focus on the immediate scene and we can make some decisions this weekend regarding the longer term and how we might proceed and with whom.

Clever is the word.

Wait! No! The bird is the word ... right?
Oh no - now I have that song in my head! Curses!!!!

I love that you refer to Jane as innocent. Then again as far as Leo knows she is just a bored English heiress.
Right! Leo thinks she's just a modern, wealthy woman who has a big heart. He has no clue that she's probably one of the more dangerous people on the train.

I hope to have a response this weekend if not tonight.

Looks like the count got himself banished again, not sure what is going on there but this soon again isn't a good sign.

I'd still like to play this out with the 3 of us and see how long it can hold our interest. But we can talk about options.

Having tagged @Shiva the Cat several times with no response, I have to believe she is continuing her hiatus. I'd like to give her through the weekend and I doubt we get past the current scene before then anyway. But after that I would say yes, we can NPC them to continue the story. I can advertise for others but I think that will be a tough sell at this point, especially to take on an existing character.

This poor RP has such great potential! I suppose there is always the option of starting it fresh if the plot idea is one we all want to explore. New characters, new roles, and a few other players.

I'm content to follow whatever the two of you want to do.

if he was going into Constantinople's nearby wilds

Just curious about this reference to the clothes Leo chose to change into since the train isn't even half way through Germany yet and as such quite far from Constantinople (which incidentally changed it's name to Istanbul officially in 1930. The old name might of course still linger on some people's tongues.

Just curious about this reference to the clothes Leo chose to change into since the train isn't even half way through Germany yet and as such quite far from Constantinople (which incidentally changed it's name to Istanbul officially in 1930. The old name might of course still linger on some people's tongues.
He's wearing more hiking boots than dress shoes.

Well yes but is it a reference to him having intended to go hiking once he reached Turkey or a more direct geographical reference as to the location of the train?

Well yes but is it a reference to him having intended to go hiking once he reached Turkey or a more direct geographical reference as to the location of the train?
It's neither. It's a reason for a businessman to have a set of clothing that isn't business attire. When he's in Constantinople/Istanbul he will occasionally take hikes out to the nearby areas, exploring the culture and terrain.

So right now he is assuming that he may be arrested and will not have access to his luggage. If he is thrown into a jail cell or other walled enclosure, he doesn't want slick dress shoes and thin, fancy pants as his only clothes. He wants to be in clothes that will put up with the harsh conditions of being locked up. ;)

I just read that post! Oh, poor Leo. The guilt! "I was about to throw you out the window." Ha ha!

Well, he could try to keep her quiet, but she might not do that. He could also suppose that if he's going to get charged for having sex with an Aryan, he might as well do the crime. I don't know exactly - I suppose we can just play it out or she can scream bloody murder, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom