Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Orient Express OOC Thread

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Main Thread
Orient Express Character Profiles

Map of Europe 1936
1936 Wikipedia
What Happened in 1936
A History of the Orient Express

Schedule (for our purposes)

ArrivalApproximate Travel TimeArrival Time
Strasbourg, France​
4:3600:06 Thursday
Karlsruhe, Germany​
2:1803:54 Thursday
Stuttgart, Germany​
2:1806:12 Thursday
Munich, Germany​
4:3610:18 Thursday
Vienna, Austria​
11:3022:15 Thursday
Budapest, Hungary7:105:25 Friday
Belgrade, Yugoslavia13:0718:32 Friday
Constantinople, Turkey (Istanbul)24:0818:40 Saturday

Last edited:
Aight I’m waiting for an oil change at the moment so can’t post just yet, but wanted to get a quick survey of whether Estella should wait for the chambermaid to show up, or have her go out in the hall and catch Aleo.

Anyone got any preference?

@Shiva the Cat Being the one to play the NPC maid I will say that either is fine by me, though it might be good to introduce her. I could write something up and send it to you in pm and see what you think?

If it is not too much trouble for anyone planning on posting right now if you could give me a few minutes to edit my latest post first. It seems I jumped the gun a little with it and missed a few rather significant details that need to be fixed.

If it is not too much trouble for anyone planning on posting right now if you could give me a few minutes to edit my latest post first. It seems I jumped the gun a little with it and missed a few rather significant details that need to be fixed.
No worries! Take your time, and let us know when it's reposted so we can read your updates. ;)

Also fun fact I learned in my research: Train compartments had latches on the inside of the door that could be opened with a porter's passkey, but there was no other way to lock your room if you weren't in it. You really did just have to trust the train employees not to let anyone steal your shit 😱

Leo is done for the night - at least, I don't anticipate him doing anything unless some nearby sound or activity wakes him. So if @xavierrol decides to put in a GM post I don't have anything that I need him to do until then. :sleep:

Still seems like a fair amount of activity and more than just sex, so my inclination is to let things continue for a bit. It doesn't seem like much more than another hour has probably transpired. So unless some of you are getting bored to death, I'll hold off another day.

Very nice opening scenes everyone! Great chemistry in this group, I really enjoy seeing things develop. It may be time for me to earn my keep again.

It seems that just about everyone is going to be tucked in for the night, or at least the next stop, either alone or with company. I'm going to trust that Estelle and Aleks can have their 'private conversation' in a separate thread. I'm sure we all look forward to more of their witty dialogue, I just hope that beautiful red dress doesn't get too wrinkled.

If anyone thinks we aren't quite ready for the next stop, let me know. I'll need a bit of time to get it together but should be within the next 24 hours or so. Feel free to poke me in PM if you have any special details you want me to add or not forget.

GM post of the station arrival is up, I added a threadmark and updated the title.

Some of you have things in motion as per previous discussions. I don't see this as a particularly long session but we shall see how it plays out. Feel free to poke me if I need to add details in the short term to help you proceed.

Others may not have much to act on just yet, but like I said this should be a fairly short stage.

@xavierrol This was such a nice description: "...as the small spaces between car couplings shifted from tension to compression as the engine slowed." Those details really bring out the feel of being on the train. I could almost feel the shifting, hear the metal on metal clanks and squeals, and sense the slowing of the train.

And now the plot thickens. Who is that mysterious woman? :unsure:

Thanks, I was inspired while waiting for a slow train during my lunch break yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom